CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time Henna

4 posters

Go down

First Time Henna Empty First Time Henna

Post by smaddox 5th August 2010, 10:44 pm

I am finally coming out of lurkdom. I did a henna treatment on Tuesday, and used 1/2 coconut milk 1/2 green tea. I did a indigo because my grays were burnt orange, that did not go so well. I purchased the indigo from a health food store, and I think that either it was too old or I let it sit about 10 minutes before I applied. None of my grays turned black. I will have to order my indigo online, because I found Jamila henna locally(YEAH)!!

I cowashed with Suave Naturals and deep conditioned with a deep conditioner, let my hair dry and twisted. Can I say the most beautiful unfrizzy twist out that I have ever had. I received so many
compliments on my hair. I think next I will do a henna gloss. Thanks to all of you for sharing your
information. I will get hubby to take pictures next time and I will post them.

Sonya
smaddox
smaddox

Back to top Go down

First Time Henna Empty Re: First Time Henna

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th August 2010, 9:51 am

Hi there,

I have used henna and indigo in a two step process a few times. My grays do not turn black after the treatment. They are less coppery orange and more red or reddish brown. I do not think the indigo was bad.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smaddox 6th August 2010, 3:12 pm

Thanks, I will try it again.
smaddox
smaddox

Back to top Go down

Post by jasikamarshel 14th August 2010, 7:02 am

Henna is a best for a hair and it a natural product you use it and in henna you mix a egg,bit and tea water this a best and henna available in many colour you choose and this a best for a hair and your hair be a silky and strong and this hair colour is a through long time.

jasikamarshel

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 15th August 2010, 3:32 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi there,

I have used henna and indigo in a two step process a few times. My grays do not turn black after the treatment. They are less coppery orange and more red or reddish brown. I do not think the indigo was bad.

When I bought my indigo, I bought a fairly big batch from two different suppliers. I noticed I was able to get black with the first few applications from both suppliers but not so much with the later ones. This leads me to wonder if indigo does not perform as well when it's older, certainly in my case.

I'm going to henna and indigo again tomorrow. Will see if the pattern still holds.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by smaddox 15th August 2010, 10:27 pm

Could you share who the suppliers are? I would love to purchase some myself.
smaddox
smaddox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down