CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First-time henna-head

2 posters

Go down

First-time henna-head Empty First-time henna-head

Post by Peejay 31st May 2010, 12:40 pm

WOO HOOO!!! Thanks to all of you who have posted your experiences here, I have pretty much read every thread before doing my first treatment last night. I bought a few boxes of Dulhan from my local indian grocer and mixed it up with lemon juice, olive oil, honey and let it sit for about 8 hours. I applied it before bed last night and washed it out this morning. I think my hair likes it!!! I can see a little tinge of color, but it isn't obvious (maybe if I stood outside).

I'm doing a DC now. Immediately after rinsing, I ran to the bathroom to look (pressed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and I could immediately tell that it was livelier, for lack of a better word. I only stopped relaxing in November and chopped in April, so I only have about 2-3 inches of hair (and mad shrinkage), so it wasn't a very labor-intensive experience, but I think I will henna once a week for the next month and then play it by ear.

What I wanted to acheive was the moisturizing aspects of it, and to strengthen my hair. I think I was dealing with a bit of "scab" hair because the textures were just different and much different from when I was natural a few years ago. So I'm hoping that if I take better care of my hair as it grows, it will get back to the state that it was in before I slacked off.

Oh, and henna (at least this brand) smells like fish food. *vomit* LOL!! I almost gagged while washing it out.
Peejay
Peejay

http://www.theexpertofeverything.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

First-time henna-head Empty Re: First-time henna-head

Post by Peejay 31st May 2010, 12:48 pm

Oh, and the funniest part about the whole henna experience? That my friend-guy came over to raid the fridge (as he often does) and I mentioned that there was some guacamole in the fridge. He pulled out the henna and said something like "Babe, I think this has gone bad" as he's opening it. ROFLOL I was in the other room and was like "THAT'S NOT THE GUAC, DON'T EAT THAT!!!" Of course he's then like "Well WTF is it?" And I had to give him a quick henna lesson. He didn't care, by then he had the guacamole and was going to town.
Peejay
Peejay

http://www.theexpertofeverything.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ccoach 31st May 2010, 11:39 pm

That is too funny, lol.. Don't give up with the henna. I'm a newbie with the henna myself and I've just rinsed out my DP after my 3rd Henna. I've been doing the two step process I'd read on the blog. I mixed equal amounts of henna and alma along with green tea to form a paste similar to yogurt (also added a little greek (plain) yogurt); I then added 2 tbsp honey mixed it all and covered the bowl with plastic wrap overnight. In the morning I washed my hair; towel dry and applied the henna which I rinsed after 5 hours; I rinsed and rinsed... paused for a minute to breath.... I then mixed indigo again to yogurt consistency and applied to my hair. Although for both process I wore double plastic caps and tied my hair while waiting to rinse the product out of my hair. I had a few drips leaking from the cap which I contained with paper towel tucked under the edges of the cap. After rinsing the indigo out; rinsed rinsed and rinsed I then applied DP for 30 mins and rinsed my hair; applied leave in and twisted my hair. I feel like I've been working with my hair all day. In the long run I know it'll be worth it.

ccoach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down