CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ Anonymous

+18
Ambitious_Tiff
bkd2j
Aunt_Lola
Lynnieluve
NeeC1
morenachula
DreamMerchant
curlybarbi48
raslade808
NaturalObsession
EmbracingNaturalMe
Curlock Holmes
jlowman1
letha
jaylin20032003
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
MelMelBee
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PJ Anonymous  - Page 3 Empty Re: PJ Anonymous

Post by morenachula 1st March 2011, 2:28 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:LMBO! Girl, that is sad. I thought it for half a second, Googled it, and had the nerve to be a little mad nothing came up. Have you tried moisturizing your stretched styles while in the twists or braids? Just a thought. That's what i do and it works pretty good for me. I welcome the frizz to a point since my hair is so fine...

LMBO!! I see we have all kinds of issues up in here. PJ's, PP's, what's next?

I went to look for some Cassia and Amla yesterday. My mission was a miserable fail so... I bought some organic honey and more leave in.

I might have to try that...wash day is coming up. What do you like to use as a moisturizer?
morenachula
morenachula

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st March 2011, 3:05 pm

I always use water or Aphogee's Pro-Vitamin Leave In. Its cheap and effective. I've been toying with the idea of using their Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer but idk yet. What do you use? I want to try something creamy but I'm afraid it will weigh my hair down...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 1st March 2011, 4:06 pm

@Morenachula...Leave TARGET ALONE!!!!!!! Resist the Red lights and the aroma of Starbucks brewing inside...resist the plush carpet and the beautiful layout that just directs the cart to the hair care section, past the hats, jewelry, scarves, and purses. Resist the calling of the hair care aisle and the glow of products that radiates from the shelves...Dag on it...I think I just enticed my own self to go to Target. I have to get some ummmmm.....toilet paper...yeah.....toilet paper?! LOL

@Tiff- I will try that. I'm also going to try the method that I read about (can't think of the name) where you apply leave in, then oil, then moisturize and see if that helps.

@THE PRODUCT PUSHER.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st March 2011, 5:34 pm

MelMelBee wrote:@Morenachula...Leave TARGET ALONE!!!!!!! Resist the Red lights and the aroma of Starbucks brewing inside...resist the plush carpet and the beautiful layout that just directs the cart to the hair care section, past the hats, jewelry, scarves, and purses. Resist the calling of the hair care aisle and the glow of products that radiates from the shelves...Dag on it...I think I just enticed my own self to go to Target. I have to get some ummmmm.....toilet paper...yeah.....toilet paper?! LOL

@Tiff- I will try that. I'm also going to try the method that I read about (can't think of the name) where you apply leave in, then oil, then moisturize and see if that helps.

LOL! Rrriiiiiiight. I think I need some "toilet paper" too. Very Happy

I've haven't heard of this method. It almost sounds counterproductive since the oil would kinda decrease the ability of the moisturizer to penetrate. Idk, let us know how it works out!

After viewing that tutorial on the CN hompage I wanna get a lace front. that would really help me stay outta my hair. Possibly help cure me...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 2nd March 2011, 1:04 am

You know a wig is NOT going to cure you...you will just start to be a WJ (wig junkie)...LOL...

AND...I just watched the video on CN and I AM GOING TO GET MY WIG TOMORROW!!!!!! I NEED IT!!!! LOL! Come on Ladies...who needs "toilet paper"?

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 2nd March 2011, 12:36 pm

I have made alot of purchases since January I have never purchased this many products since I have been natural even though its only been 10 months
Since January 2011 my purchases are
Huetiful steamer
Oyin hair dew, honey hemp conditioner, burnt sugar pomeade
Curls curls estacy tea deep conditioner
Darcy botanicals avocado & honey twisting cream

I am trying to curb this PJ I want to use the products that I have before purchasing any more Ladies please pray for me for real
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 2nd March 2011, 2:21 pm

Hey Ladies,
I'm happy to report that I finally have a handle on this pjism thing because I finally have products that work really well for my hair:) To keep me from going on a binge, I have made a list of products that I want to try if, and only if they are on sale. I am posting my list here so you can hold me accountable.
1. Oyin Hair Dew
2. Eco Argan Oil Gel
3. Darcy's Pumpkin Condish & Avacado & wild plum twisting cream.
4. Donna Marie's Miracurl & Dream Curling Cream
That's it for 2011. Scout's Honor *holding my right hand in the air*
If you see me talking about any new products other than these on another thread, please call me out!
Of course I will have to replace my current products when I run out, nothing else, I promise;)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 3rd March 2011, 2:33 pm

Ladies...I need a sponsor!

So, I have been experiencing some dryness and could not figure out why. I decided to redo the strand test in water to test my porosity. When I first did this test in the beginning of my hair journey, the hair sank, because my hair was so porous and damaged. This time it floated on top...24 hours later...it still floats. I should be happy right?

Kinda. On one hand, I know that my hair health has improved tremendously. I've gone from overly porous hair to hair with low porosity, which I guess could mean that I've repaired my hair some. BUT on the other hand, this means a complete shift in terms of regemin (sp?) and products. Do you know how much $$ I spent in the beginning trying to figure out what my hair liked????? TOO MUCH!

At first, my PJism flared up and I was like, great I can get new stuff. But then I realized that I'd have to go back and read up on caring for hair with low porosity. Therefore, I need a sponsor with similar hair as mine to recommend some products. I am going to TRY to use up what I have and add EVOO to DC's and prepoos to help with moisture retention. I'm assuming I should stay away from protein too right???

My hair:
3/c in front 4/a in back. Low porosity. Fine in front, coarse in back. Not dense.

I have been staying away from heavy heavy creams because they make my hair limp and blah. I'm in need of a new shampoo, condish and DC and any Ayurvedic powders to help. Suggestions???

Last edited by MelMelBee on 3rd March 2011, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 3rd March 2011, 2:54 pm

I haven't bought a thing since I bought that Eco-Styler gel last Thursday - which was a whole week ago.

I have looked though - but I've been able to refrain thus far. If I find myself in Target this weekend though, I'ma look at the other Curls items they have. I really like the conditioner and I really like the Curls Cream Brule.

Jesus be an act of restraint . . .
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd March 2011, 5:28 pm

MelMelBee wrote:Ladies...I need a sponsor!

So, I have been experiencing some dryness and could not figure out why. I decided to redo the strand test in water to test my porosity. When I first did this test in the beginning of my hair journey, the hair sank, because my hair was so porous and damaged. This time it floated on top...24 hours later...it still floats. I should be happy right?

Kinda. On one hand, I know that my hair health has improved tremendously. I've gone from overly porous hair to hair with low porosity, which I guess could mean that I've repaired my hair some. BUT on the other hand, this means a complete shift in terms of regemin (sp?) and products. Do you know how much $$ I spent in the beginning trying to figure out what my hair liked????? TOO MUCH!

At first, my PJism flared up and I was like, great I can get new stuff. But then I realized that I'd have to go back and read up on caring for hair with low porosity. Therefore, I need a sponsor with similar hair as mine to recommend some products. I am going to TRY to use up what I have and add EVOO to DC's and prepoos to help with moisture retention. I'm assuming I should stay away from protein too right???

My hair:
3/a in front 3/c in back. Low porosity. Fine in front, coarse in back. Not dense.

I have been staying away from heavy heavy creams because they make my hair limp and blah. I'm in need of a new shampoo, condish and DC and any Ayurvedic powders to help. Suggestions???

I did the strand the strand test as well and my hair was floating hours later. From what I've read, it is important to add steam or heat when you are dc'ing to allow the cuticle to open and absorb moisture. For daily moisturizing, I mist my hair and apply my moisturizer (DB Peach Hydrating Hair Milk or QB BRBC) then get in the shower. Sometimes I use a cap, sometimes I don't, but the steam from the shower seems to allow the moisturizer to penetrate my hair. When I dc, I use a foil cap and try to exercise (vigorous housework-lol). I'll bet a steamer would work so much better, but I'll stick to this until I'm able to get one. By the end of the day sometimes my ends are dry, but I think that is more from my needing a trim. I have no ideas for protein free condishes-if you find one, let me know. I am currently using TJ's conditioners which have protein, but pretty far down on the list. As for ayurvedics, I am pretty sure that my constant use of henna & amla contributed to the change in porosity since they act like proteins and coat the hair shaft. HTH:)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 3rd March 2011, 11:25 pm

OK, so I was thinking . . .

I really need to buy some oils (tea tree, castor, jojoba, vitamin E). These aren't actual "products". These are more like flour and sugar - they're staples. You gotta have staples, right?

Edited to add: And aloe vera gel or juice . . . I want need that too.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th March 2011, 12:22 am

yldthng wrote:OK, so I was thinking . . .

I really need to buy some oils (tea tree, castor, jojoba, vitamin E). These aren't actual "products". These are more like flour and sugar - they're staples. You gotta have staples, right?

Edited to add: And aloe vera gel or juice . . . I want need that too.

OMGosh...you were reading my mind. Since I'm on the hunt for new products, I've written out a list in the order in which I need to purchase based on NECESSITY

EVCO
Curls Shampoo & Conditioner (the Target ones)
Jojoba Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Brhami Powder (sp?)
Shakakhi Powder (sp?)

I would add a DC, but I just added EVOO to my Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque so that I can attempt to use it all prior to purchasing. But I do NEED them all! Smile
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 4th March 2011, 12:54 pm

@MelMelBee - Ahhhh . . . grapeseed oil . . . that is the other one I was trying to think of.

I think I'ma just do an order online instead of running around trying to find everything in store for a decent price. I guess I need to figure out what I need to look for in these products staples.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th March 2011, 1:04 pm

yldthng, what part of VA you in?

Mel, what do you do witht he skikakai powder? I saw it's for and to replace a shampoo. Do you have problems rinsing it out?

I've been wathcing you all and I have been making necessity purchases also. Just refilled my KCKT, castor oil and also bought some Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee. Oh, ok, that was a fluke purchase and it goes with my Burdock Root Butter cream. JUSTIFIED!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 4th March 2011, 1:12 pm

MissyCee wrote:yldthng, what part of VA you in?

I'm in Hampton.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th March 2011, 1:15 pm

Oh ok. I was gonna suggest a store if you were in my neck of the woods. I've found my henna, powders and all kinds of stuff. Local indian market. They know me almost by name now.

I used to live in Hampton, eons ago... Love the area...
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 4th March 2011, 1:25 pm

MissyCee wrote:I used to live in Hampton, eons ago... Love the area...

Thank you.

I'm born & raised here. The city has changed a LOT over the years. But I have always liked it - not too fast - not too slow.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th March 2011, 1:28 pm

I was there cause of military, my daughter was born there. I should move back.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th March 2011, 3:19 pm

@Yld GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe usually has most of these items. And the Vitamin Shoppe also carries organic/ hair products ie. Giovanni, Aubrey Organics and a few others I can't think of. But look online to see if they have them, and if it's a store near you.

I need to find an oil store or something like that, but I don't know what they are called or where to start looking. Like shouldn't there be a place that sells all kinds of oils? (In my mind, I'm thinking of an African or Muslim store that sells some of everything)...pardon my rant! LOL...anyway

@MissyCee I want to use the Shakaki and mix it with Brahimi, Neem, and Amla (and its another one that I can't think of right now) to do monthly treatments. I've heard the the combination of these powders can improve hair growth, strengthen hair and prevent thinning. I want thicker hair, so I'm gonna try it. I do Amla treatments currently and it washes out well. I just add a little EVOO to my clean hair prior to putting it in. Then I rinse it out well and co-wash a few times to get it all out followed by a DC. My assumption is that it will be the same when I combine all the powders.
______________________________________________________________________________________
An American Idol performance worth remembering!

Last edited by MelMelBee on 4th March 2011, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th March 2011, 3:39 pm

Mel, yo may be right!!. I do have amla/brahmi oil, that I use. Don't have to worry about the grit, etc... I will try on my next wash day mixing, and using. I did see the brahmi powder but I didn't buy it, next time......
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th March 2011, 3:59 pm

@MissyCee: Do you henna? Just asking because I want to know if henna stretches your curl pattern, and does the amla oil change that? The powder clumps my hair following henna!

Ladies: For those of you who have used the tangle teezer...have you seen more slit ends...Are you continuing to use it?

I initially saw some split ends and thought it was the thingy, but I did a search and destroy a few weeks ago and I have not seen them return...I'm still using mine.
________________________________________________________________________________

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 4th March 2011, 7:18 pm

The henna lossnes my curls and I am ok with that. The amla brahmi oil was just an oil. Didn't do as I've read the powder does. So your hair clumps after the henna?? Ummm Mine, and I just did it the second time today, came out loose again. First time I used Jamila, this time I used Karishma henna. I mixed both with green tea, this time I used green tea and apple cinnamon tea. But no real difference. The color is brighter, but that might be because I just henna's almost two weeks ago and the color deposit and all.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th March 2011, 7:24 pm

MissyCee wrote:The henna lossnes my curls and I am ok with that. The amla brahmi oil was just an oil. Didn't do as I've read the powder does. So your hair clumps after the henna?? Ummm Mine, and I just did it the second time today, came out loose again. First time I used Jamila, this time I used Karishma henna. I mixed both with green tea, this time I used green tea and apple cinnamon tea. But no real difference. The color is brighter, but that might be because I just henna's almost two weeks ago and the color deposit and all.

No, Amla clumps my hair when I use it after henna. Henna loosens my curls too much, especially in the front, so I actually mix henna and amla together and that keeps the clumping action going. Which brand do you like better Jamila or Karishma? DreamMerchant sent me some Karishma and she swears by it, but I have not tried it yet!

Post a pic...I wanna see Smile
___________________________________________________________________________________

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 6th March 2011, 9:02 pm

So I went out today and had several opportunities to buy products at TJMaxx, Ross, and Marshall's. But I didn't. The only thing I bought was grapeseed and castor oils at Vitamin Shoppe. I wanted the jojobo oil, but the smallest one they had was $16.99, so I'll wait and get that somewhere else.

I also wanted the aloe vera gel and or juice - but both of them were in the organic section, but there were not 100% - so I'll get that elsewhere too. The selection in the store is nothing like what is available online at the VS.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 7th March 2011, 5:53 am

Yld, I'm so proud of you!!! Wish I could say the same for myself.

I must admit ya'll that I've stooped to a new low. I'm so ashamed! Embarassed

So, wash day is coming up soon. Because of the "changed" state of my hair, I needed to invest in new products that are protein free. I will continue to use my DC and have added EVOO to the mix to give some extra moisture, but I honestly have no shampoo or conditioner that is protein-free (in the beginning of my journey, my hair craved protein). But my funds are limited, so I had some decisions to make....I'll try to keep it short.

So my BFF got me some Weight Watchers books that were $13, which I was supposed to pay her back for. She then told me she was going to the mall! I asked her to pick me up some EVCO as...ya know a BFF gift. She said she would. Well, today she told me she didn't go to the GNC, and did not get the EVCO. So, I took the $13 dollars to contribute to my hair supplies. I did confess to her that I "stiffed her", and I told her that she might as well not hold her breath for the $13, because I had other supplies to get! She's such a good BFF...she just laughed, but I know she thinks I need help!

Who supports/enables your PJism?

________________________________________________________________________________
Enter to Win!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next