CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ Anonymous

+18
Ambitious_Tiff
bkd2j
Aunt_Lola
Lynnieluve
NeeC1
morenachula
DreamMerchant
curlybarbi48
raslade808
NaturalObsession
EmbracingNaturalMe
Curlock Holmes
jlowman1
letha
jaylin20032003
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
MelMelBee
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PJ Anonymous  Empty PJ Anonymous

Post by MelMelBee 1st September 2010, 7:04 pm

Hello, My name is Melanie and I am a Product Junkie (everyone replies..."Hi Melanie) Ok, so today I took a stroll down Target's hair care section. Next thing I know I'm handing out my credit card to cover a whopping total of $60.00, all of which was designated to Hair Care Products! In my cart:

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Giovanni SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion
Giovanni SAS Deep Moisture Shampoo
Curls Creme Brule
10 Goody Hair Bands/Wraps
1 Gold Handband

I know I have a problem, which is why I'm here!

You too can feel the support of other PJ's. List your daily/weekly/monthly "fixes" and take one step towards being clean....or not! It's ok, we love EVERYONE here. I love you

Start each entry with "Hello my name is ______________, and I am a Product Junkie!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

PJ Anonymous  Empty Re: PJ Anonymous

Post by freckledmom4 1st September 2010, 11:44 pm

Hi Melanie!
Hello, my name is Shirita, and I'm a pj too! I went to the Indian Store today to buy henna that I didn't need ( I have 3 bxs in the closet). I have noticed that I don't like my current supply of product to run low. As soon 1/2 of the bottle is empty, I'm out to stock up on more.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd September 2010, 1:51 pm

Hi, my name is Mary AKA ChrsLvsBks, and I am a PJ. I just go to the hair care aisle just to see what they have. I have not purchased anything recently but not because I have not tried. I love all things hair care related from products to accessories.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 2nd September 2010, 2:24 pm

Hi, my name is Denea and I am a PJ. I recently bought MORE conditioner, even though I have at least 5 unused bottles of various kinds under the bathroom sink. I also bought some more shea butter even though I have half a container left...I too also hate feeling like I'm going to run out when I don't have any funds, so I try and "stay ahead of the game" by stocking up lol. Glad to know I have fellow pj's that can understand my struggle.
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 2nd September 2010, 3:05 pm

Hi Everyone, My name is Melanie, blah blah blah..Y'all already know the drill.

So yesterday after my Target visit, I went to butters-n-bars.com and ordered henna and amla. I wasn't going to say anything, but I know I can share freely here! I'm told when you indulge in your habit and try to hide it, it makes recovery more difficult!

Keep me in prayer...LOL (no, seriously tho) Smile
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 2nd September 2010, 3:06 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi, my name is Mary AKA ChrsLvsBks, and I am a PJ. I just go to the hair care aisle just to see what they have. I have not purchased anything recently but not because I have not tried. I love all things hair care related from products to accessories.

Funny..."not because I have not tried". lol!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 2nd September 2010, 3:14 pm

Hi My name it letha and I am a product junkie since transitioning.. I went into Target over the weekend looking for certain products that I see online and the Target in my area didn't carry it.. So I went down the conditioner isle and let me tell you.. I got 5 or 6 bottles of herbal essence 1 bottle of Tresemme and 3 bottle of Suave Tropical Coconut which was 89 cents and Green Apple Conditioner.. Then the next day I went to Walmart and Got More Tresemme which was called Smooth N Silk and got Pump Size aloe vera gel. Then I went to sallys I guess this was Mon or Tue and got some eco-stlyer gel, Denman brush and silk wrap.. I was looking for something to help slick my hair down in a bun and help on the frizzies..

Pay day is tomorrow and this is much needed I plan on getting a good flat iron like a Sedu. Seems like since my transition I am on the shop for better products to help with my transition and with my NG which seems to stay dry.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd September 2010, 6:27 pm

Hi, my name is Destinee and I'm a PJ.

I cant go into a store without straying to the haircare aisle. I REALLY REALLY want a Huetiful steamer. I never finish a conditioner before I buy a new one and I continue to buy products even though I have a good idea of what works for me. Everytime I try to recover, I just end up relapsing.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 2nd September 2010, 7:10 pm

Hi, my name is Dee and I wouldn't say I have a problem... I can stop anytime I want!!

Razz

I have more products than ideal, but I'm GOING to use them all up before I buy more (well, unless I run out of something that I really NEED). I'm not going to lie though, I have to walk down the product isles at any store I go to, just to make sure I'm not missing anything Smile

The only thing I'm planning to buy in the near future is henna, and I want to try amla and some of the other herbs on butter-n-bars.com. Hey MelMel, what did she end up charging you for your amla? Because it shows up as $6 in the shopping cart but she says it costs $3 when you go to select it off the site. That $3 is enough to convince me not to buy, haha.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 2nd September 2010, 7:16 pm

CurlyDee wrote:Hi, my name is Dee and I wouldn't say I have a problem... I can stop anytime I want!!

Razz

I have more products than ideal, but I'm GOING to use them all up before I buy more (well, unless I run out of something that I really NEED). I'm not going to lie though, I have to walk down the product isles at any store I go to, just to make sure I'm not missing anything Smile

The only thing I'm planning to buy in the near future is henna, and I want to try amla and some of the other herbs on butter-n-bars.com. Hey MelMel, what did she end up charging you for your amla? Because it shows up as $6 in the shopping cart but she says it costs $3 when you go to select it off the site. That $3 is enough to convince me not to buy, haha.

First of all CurlyDee, you are in denial lol! However, denial is also a part of the recovery process. The fact that you are asking about the cost of Amla, so that you can make a purchase, shows that you are steps away from getting your fix...We can help you, but first, you must help yourself!

Ok, so now that I've gotten the social worker out of me....Girrrrrrrrrrl, I ordered 500g of it, so that I wouldn't run out any time soon. It was $15 for 5 boxes, so that equals $3/box. I did see that it was $3/box. I'd say send her a message to ask about it. She's on here as butterqueen, but if you click contact us on the website, she'll respond!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 2nd September 2010, 7:47 pm

Hi, my name is Resia and I am a PJ but not too serious one in terms of money spent. I usually go for the cheaper products but today I just could not help myself. When I went into my small town Target and saw those KC products, my inner self said that I just had to have them. I am now having buyer's remorse. Maybe I will or maybe I won't take them back Very Happy
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd September 2010, 10:36 am

Hi fellow PJers! Nice to know there are others out there.

I will say I do not plan on recovering from my PJism. I want to try every line out there as long as they contain the ingredients I know my hair loves. There are so many lines I have not tried. Oh, but I will it is just a matter of time Smile .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd September 2010, 3:34 pm

I just called the Target in my area and guess what-they have Kinky-Curly in stock finally! Yeah, I've read all teh mixed reviews and ecostyler does a good job of defining my curls, but I have been wanting to try this for a long time. Besides, I had to go to Target anyway to get ...um, yeah, idk, but I'm on my way to the Red Dot Boutique!

I know that I am completely hopeless (in my Sebastian from Little Mermaid voice).
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd September 2010, 3:36 pm

BTW Chrs, it seems like your pjism is working for you! Your hair is always gorgeous. Like the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 3rd September 2010, 9:39 pm

i bought some suave humectant today from target...the big bottle was $2.94...sigh...i need some help...
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd September 2010, 9:52 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:BTW Chrs, it seems like your pjism is working for you! Your hair is always gorgeous. Like the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Thanks lady! It is just a part of me--buying hair care things.

jaylin20032003 wrote:i bought some suave humectant today from target...the big bottle was $2.94...sigh...i need some help...
Hold up, wait a minute. Didn't you just tell us you purchased some condish the other day and have unopened bottles. You are a lady after my own
I love you, LOL! That is so me.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 3rd September 2010, 11:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been good for the last few days. I do have to take a trip to Target tomorrow, but I'm not too worried because it's a Target in a predominately white area, so not too much temptation...I forgot I do need to buy some more SAS condish...but I promise myself and the rest of the group that I will be on my best behavior.

@Jaylin........You know you wrong..LOL
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 3rd September 2010, 11:26 pm

Thought for the week:

We may laugh and joke about our indulgences, but for some, spending lots of money on hair care products or over-indulging may be a real issue. Take a real look at what you are spending on hair care products. Is this spending interfering with other areas of your life? Do you feel a thrill or a sense of release when purchasing products for your hair?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may need to look a little deeper. How is your spending satisfying your needs? We all over-indulge in some things. From sweets to sex to gambling. However, if it is truly affecting you or others you love, it's time to pay closer attention. This weekend, think about how and why you spend!

Repeat our motto "I am not defined by my hair, but rather by who I am underneath it"

Peace, Love, and All Smiles afro
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th September 2010, 1:45 pm

MelMelBee wrote:Thought for the week:

We may laugh and joke about our indulgences, but for some, spending lots of money on hair care products or over-indulging may be a real issue. Take a real look at what you are spending on hair care products. Is this spending interfering with other areas of your life? Do you feel a thrill or a sense of release when purchasing products for your hair?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may need to look a little deeper. How is your spending satisfying your needs? We all over-indulge in some things. From sweets to sex to gambling. However, if it is truly affecting you or others you love, it's time to pay closer attention. This weekend, think about how and why you spend!

Repeat our motto "I am not defined by my hair, but rather by who I am underneath it"

Peace, Love, and All Smiles afro
ITA
My husband complained some months ago about the time I spent on hair care forums and YT. I considered how he felt and really calmed down my viewing. I now do it when he is not at home, like now. He also discussed my spending habits on hair care. I again took it into consideration and have not purchased any products in quite some time. I'm so proud of my self.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 4th September 2010, 6:22 pm

sigh...i went to ross today and got some yes to tomatoes conditioner for $2.99, and some tresemme curl definition jelly for $2.99...then i proceded to mosey my way down the block to tj maxx...and got some giovanni tea tree triple threat shampoo and conditioner...yall pray for me!!!
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th September 2010, 10:03 pm

jaylin20032003 wrote:sigh...i went to ross today and got some yes to tomatoes conditioner for $2.99, and some tresemme curl definition jelly for $2.99...then i proceded to mosey my way down the block to tj maxx...and got some giovanni tea tree triple threat shampoo and conditioner...yall pray for me!!!

Okay Jaylin, we may have to stage an intervention for you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did get the KCCC & KCKT yesterday and in true pj form, I had to use them right away. I absolutely loved the results and got lots of compliments. I am going to place an order though curlmart to take advantage of the Labor day sale to try a few products by Oyin and Darcy's Botanicals, but then I am shutting down the shop until the new year. I am only going to make puchases to replenish things I know are working for my or my little curlies' heads (the fact that I'm buying for 3 different types of hair doesn't help).

I'm still in the R&D stage of my natural hair journey and I'm finding that a product or combo will work for 3-4 weeks and then it stops yeilding the same results. This has greatly contributed to my pjism. Do any of you experience this?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalObsession 6th September 2010, 2:55 am

Hello my name is Adreean and am a PJ!! I am so glad I am not alone!! I was just jocking on my FB page that there should be a NHA group (Natural Hair Anonymous)lol
This weekend I went to Whole foods and 2 targets in hopes of finding KC Knot today.. with no luck!! I went as far as tracking down the manager to tell me when the next shipments would be in and apparently the Memphis area will not be getting it any time soon Sad So then I went on the hunt for the Cantu Shea Leave in!! This was successful!!!Since I was in Whole foods I couldnt leave without getting something... so I bought castor oil,jojoba oil, and aloe gel!!! Lets not forget I already had jojoba and aloe gel that I have not even opened yet!!
Everytime I am in a store I find my way to the hair section No matter what I am there for!!! lol .I even found a good buy in Family dollar yall!!lol Its the Softee Growth Thickening oil for only$3 and so far it works great!!! It has all good stuff.. Im encouraging my fellow Pjs to get on that band wagon... they sell it at family dollar and dollar general stores!!!
From reading other posts. I now have the junkie itch goin for the Giovannis Conditioner I keep reading about... Ugh and I know I will get my fix soon!!!
NaturalObsession
NaturalObsession

Back to top Go down

Post by raslade808 6th September 2010, 3:45 pm

hi, my name is renee and i am a PJ! Well, i have spent over at lease $700 this year in buying products and finding what works for me from ALL lines. (KBB, ori organics, afroveda, jessicurl, hairveda, darcy's oyin, qhemet, KCCC&KCKT, curl junkie, aubrey's organics, phytospecific, miss jessie's, jane carter, herbal essences, tresemme naturals) and the list goes on......

at one point i spent in one weekend over $300 in KBB stuff. i went to the store and bought over $70 in just hair accessories. and still am a product junkie now looking at shea moisture Smile

now, my husband hates my habits, I get told that i don't need half this stuff and end up giving away some my products. i think i might get my debit card taken away soon.... but until then, why not spend Very Happy

raslade808

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 7th September 2010, 1:33 pm

Hi Group! Reporting back from my weekend! I'm proud to say that I didn't do that bad!

I went to Target and was happy because I only walked away with my Giovanni SAS Deep Condish and Giovani Direct Leave-In.

Then I went to Ulta and got some Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor and Phyto 7 daily moisturizing cream...I did spend significantly on beauty products (Bare Essentuals) but overall, I got just what I needed for hair care products.

I too am still trying to find my perfect combination of hair care products, so I'm hoping that my usage will decrease significantly when I figure out the perfect regimen and routine.

@Natural Obsession (your name says a lot...LOL) I'll update on the Giovanni products. I've heard so much about them which is why I wanted to try them. My hair needs a lot of repair, but not much product because it weighs it down.

Peace and Love Y'all

Mel
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 7th September 2010, 4:06 pm

Hello Ladies,
I placed an order today with curlmart. I got Oyin Shine-n-Define, Burnt Sugar, and Whipped Pudding, Darcy's Botanicals curling jelly and transitoning cream, and Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment. I saved 15% with the labor15 code that covers the shipping costs. I am done for a while. I'm almost out of Giovanni Direct, but I'm going to use it all before I buy more and I have KCKT as a back up leave in. Oh yeah, I went to Walmart and bought some goody elastic headbands.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next