CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ Anonymous

+18
Ambitious_Tiff
bkd2j
Aunt_Lola
Lynnieluve
NeeC1
morenachula
DreamMerchant
curlybarbi48
raslade808
NaturalObsession
EmbracingNaturalMe
Curlock Holmes
jlowman1
letha
jaylin20032003
ChrsLvsBks
freckledmom4
MelMelBee
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PJ Anonymous  - Page 2 Empty Re: PJ Anonymous

Post by curlybarbi48 7th September 2010, 9:23 pm

Hi, my name is Barbara and I'm a PJ. I have not been to Target nor Walmart in over two weeks because I can't come out of there without buying something for my hair. I put myself on a one month moratorium for the 2nd time this year. That's bad! I've cleaned out my cabinet about three or four times this year and I've given away probably hundreds of dollars worth of products that I bought and didn't like. I'm trying to get better. I have decided to do some DIY projects. I'm going to make some cloth headbands and some jeweled hair pins. This will save me a few bucks!
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th September 2010, 10:57 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Tiffany and I am a mega product junkie! I hide conditioner in my shoe closet! lol! I was doing good until I went to TJ Max the other day and came out with some conditioner that I DO NOT NEED. Some Geovanni remoisture (I wish I would have sniffed it before I left the store because the smell is hideous. And some kind of Sonoma Crush or something. I like the big pump bottles they are in though. I am for real not going to buy anything else for the rest of the year. Seriously!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 8th September 2010, 1:46 pm

ATTENTION ALL PJ'S!!!!!

I've found a new spot that sells wonderful organic products at almost 30% cheaper than places like Target. Some of you may know this, but your local supermarket may be hiding the good stuff in their "Organic Section".

Last night, I was in my local Giant and lo and behold, I see TONS of Giovanni, Aubrey Organics, and Jane Carter in the organic section, with prices as low as $5.00 for Giovanni poos and conditioners Shocked

I was soooooo excited, because I can save (especially if you have the store coupon card).

Now, I did manage to escape the temptation to buy some, because I have brand new bottles at home...so I am making progress Smile So to all you PJ's, you can fight the temptation too!

Keep hope alive!!!!!

(repeating our motto)
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 8th September 2010, 10:18 pm

ok somewhere else someone said there is a sale at ulta on organix 26 oz bottles of shampoo/conditioner for $4.99...so in true pj fashion, i mosey'd my way on down there after work...so im looking, looking, looking to no avail...my little heart drops, sadness all around. as i'm just walking around to the next aisle, guess what i spot???? THE SALE ORGANIX!!!! triumph!!! so i bought the coconut shampoo and conditioner. *squeal* :wouhou: cheers
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 8th September 2010, 10:22 pm

jaylin20032003 wrote:ok somewhere else someone said there is a sale at ulta on organix 26 oz bottles of shampoo/conditioner for $4.99...so in true pj fashion, i mosey'd my way on down there after work...so im looking, looking, looking to no avail...my little heart drops, sadness all around. as i'm just walking around to the next aisle, guess what i spot???? THE SALE ORGANIX!!!! triumph!!! so i bought the coconut shampoo and conditioner. *squeal* :wouhou: cheers

LOL...Love the way you are writing as if it's a Twilight novel!!!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 8th September 2010, 10:24 pm

lol really? i had no idea, ive never read the novels...seen the movies though, but of course that's not the same
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 11th September 2010, 8:58 pm

Help Group! I was soooo bad today. I was really trying hard, but...Ok, let me update you all with the TRUTH, so help me God!

So I put mini twists in my hair. It was coming along good until I got to the top, where my hair is super thin. I wanted to take it out, but that defeats the purpose of protective styling. Anyway, I wore a hat/beenie/bonnet for 2 days. So today, I went to Target and I honestly was just going for some wide headbands to hide some of the thinning. I knew I was going to the "hood" Target that sells all the Shea Moisture, KC, JC etc, and made a pact with myself in the car that I would just get headbands and leave.

So I walked into the hair accessories aisle and picked up 2 Goody headbands. I swear I was walking to pay, but it was like a magnet was pulling me to the product aisle. My palms started sweating because I knew I was about to give in.

Walked in the aisle, with my mind aimed at just "reading" labels, but my heart said "try something". So after "reading" the label of Shea Moisture's Yucca Shampoo and Condishoner for fine and thinning hair. I left the aisle..........................then turned back and got them both.

Embarassed I'm so ashamed. I just reloaded on Giovanni products...but I want to see if it helps with my thinning hair. Y'all know it's bad when I'm in the checkout line trying to convince myself that I will use the new products in conjunction with the old ones and alternate weeks.....I'M IN SUCH DENIAL!

I'm happy tomorrow is Sunday, I'll be at the alter asking Jesus to forgive my gluttony....

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK:

Is PJism a form of gluttony or greed????????
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 24th February 2011, 8:36 pm

Had to Revive the post after Nikki's question of the day!!!!! LOL

My palms are sweaty because I'm trying to resist ordering a bulk load of Brahmi because I've heard it does wonders....I want it like yesterday...LOL

...AND I'm feening to try some watermelon oil too..Thanks alot Nik!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by morenachula 25th February 2011, 3:26 pm

Hello...my name is Ashley and I suffer from PJ....on one too many levels. Last night I went into Target with the intent to purchase a few different products that I've been wanting to try....yeah tax money tends to do that to me. Embarassed Well I actually purchased less than I intended...which is a good thing, right? I purchased Miss Jessie's buttercreme...they were out of the curly menrigue (which is what I originally wanted), I also purchased two Shea Moisture products: The curl milk-coconut hibiscus and the smoothie stuff. I plan to try the buttercreme first since I have already tried the pudding....I like the pudding for flat twist outs. All in all I spent like $55... affraid
morenachula
morenachula

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 25th February 2011, 3:56 pm

Hello everyone, my name is NeeC1 and I *think* I may have PJ "tendencies" ... Laughing (Not funny).

So ... I'd considered buying Design Essentials (DE) products before but then someone mentioned Shea Moisture (SM) and since I'm more comfy buying stuff I can see and feel immediately SM was easier to obtain because it's sold at Target and I don't need to worry about not being able to see, smell, and feel the products or pay shipping and handling or having to wait for it be delivered!

**Whew** Breathe** I said that all in one breathe, hence the lack of punctuation. Okay, so I bought a few items a few weeks ago (I think Embarassed ): Shea Moisture Smoothie, Curls moisturizer, Eco Styler, and Nature's Shine oil ... BUT, then my stylist called and was like, "Girl, I picked up a few items from the DE vendor - it's only $40!!" What a Face I went to her yesterday expecting to get maybe some shampoo and conditioner or something (I expected the prices to be as they are listed on the DE website), but O ... M ...G, was I wrong. She got me the ENTIRE Naturals line ... Almost $90 worth of products for $40. C'mon ... now!

So, below is EVERYTHING I own - the only items not pictured are my Suave Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo/Conditioner, which I bought PREVIOUSLY (thank you very much!).

**GULP**
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So, with putting this out here today, I'm saying this: I'm admitting I *may* have a problem IF I continue on this path. I'm also saying that I will NOT buy another anything, until or unless I run out of what I already have ... my Suave products will remain staples, even as I try to manuever through the hoards of other products (c'mon now, it's only $1.84 a bottle).

Okay ... I don't know about y'all, but I think I'm gonna need a nap! (LOL) Thanks for listening ...

~NeeC1

NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2011, 4:08 pm

Hey ladies....There is a PJ Rehab challenge going on in the Hair Challenges section of the forum. It's suppose to end in March but I will be there til at least June. You are welcome to join in!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 25th February 2011, 6:09 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey ladies....There is a PJ Rehab challenge going on in the Hair Challenges section of the forum. It's suppose to end in March but I will be there til at least June. You are welcome to join in!!

Thank you Lynnieluve.

I'll have to join this because I keep buying things when I have closets, shelves, cupboards, etc. full of products and I keep buying more.

I'll join after one last haul in March. don't judge me.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 26th February 2011, 2:41 am

@Aunt Lola....LOL ROTF that you wrote that last line so tiny, like we can't see it...LOL

@Neec1...LOL for needing a NAP after such a "draining" sharing experience...hahaha!

@Lynnie....I'm not even gonna LIE and say I'll join the challenge...I will go and stalk the boards...maybe I'll be convicted and turn from my wicked ways!!!!!

(praying to Jesus)...and DELIVER us from TEMPTATION!!!!!!!!

Edited to add:

OK, I know I just prayed, but I just spent the last few hous looking for wigs! That doesn't count as aa "prooduct"...right??? I'm starting a wig fund because I want one NOW!! Any style suggestion?

I'm going to go pray again...(Singing). Jesus, He will fix it...afterwhile!!!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by bkd2j 28th February 2011, 8:19 pm

I believe a wig is actually something most naturals need especially in the winter time so look at it as an investment and a protective style. You can go on youtube and watch several different videos on wigs but I know LolaKinkz & Taren916 have videos on wigs. I love the ones Taren has tho.
bkd2j
bkd2j

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th February 2011, 9:53 pm

Hi, my name is Tiffany and I think I am a pj. Idk what it is, but the there's just something about new product that calls me everywhere and anywhere I go. I cannot go into ANY store without looking for potential hair products, accessories, or styling aids. I find myself often lying about where I am or where I have been as to not raise eyebrows or protests. I have also started hiding products *ahem* tidying up my products in such a manner that anyone who comes to my apartment won't think I am a hoarder. I have a ton of oils, beaucoup conditioners, shampoo bars, and have been on a mad search for some Ayurvedic items. Worse still, I don't even have plans for some of these things but I know I should have them ready for when I do. My last transgression was in my local HFS. I purchased some Grapeseed oil, more coconut oil, avocado oil, and some avg. Not to mention the rollers I purchased from Sally's. Though I made purchases, I still felt a little empty and like I had forgotten something. ***sigh*** I am starting to think I need help.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 28th February 2011, 10:42 pm

My name is Sheila, and I am definitely a product junkie. I've been in this natural hair game less than a month, and so far I have:

Curls Coconut Culada
Curls Curl Creme Brule
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Cantu Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
Care Free Curl Gold Instant Activator
Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel
Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream Gel
Proline Lite Moisturizer
Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo
Qhemet Biologics Olive & Honey Hydrating Cream
Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Hairdress for Dry Hair
Unrefined Organic Shea Butter (on the way)

Why am I acting like gas ain't about to go through the roof? I need help.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 28th February 2011, 11:50 pm

@bkd2j: I'm with you...a wig is a NECESSITY! The video by Taren was what got me hooked...I've saved $5 for the wig fund...LOL

Tiff...you wrong...but what is Beaucoup? And tell me your results with grapeseed oil...I love Coconut oil, but lately I think my ends need extra moisture and the EVCO seems to be still too heavy on my fine hair!

Yld...you get excused because it's hard to find the right products when you first begin the journey. I was a Giovanni junkie (have extra bottles of Shampoo and Condish...if you ever want to product swap).

I'm on the hunt for a new DC! Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque does not leave my hair as soft as I think it should feel. I am proud to say that I've grown from the support of the group, and I'll add some EVOO to the jar and use the rest before getting something else! Any suggestions?
______________________________________________________________________________________
Christians and Chicken
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 1st March 2011, 12:13 am

@Lynnie...I DID go to the PJ Rehab Challenge and when I saw your list, I sent up a prayer for you.....Girl, I thought you were listing items that you recently purchased to supply a beauty shop...LOL

I must admit ladies we should TRY to go and join the challenge....I did start to hyperventilate a little when I read that someone did not buy products since CHRISTMAS Shocked Do you know how LONG that is? Looking through the forum made me feel soooooooooo unready to join. The thought of using up the products that I've purchased and left on the shelf for some reason or another made me feel nervous...and I've already moved the $5 from the wig fund to the MAC eyeshadow fund....sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 1st March 2011, 12:59 am

@MelMelBee - Girl, thanks for the pass!! It is definitely hard to figure out what works though. But, having so many choices also means that I'm not forced to give anything a chance, which means I just keep buying the "next" thing.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st March 2011, 1:17 am

@Melmelbee
Girl I feel like you just cursed me. No products since Christmas? Lol, that sounds just crazy. Beaucoup = a ridiculous amount, lol. I have fine hair also and EVCO is my favorite oil! How much are you using? I use the fingertip method and its the prefect amount. I put a little of the grapeseed oil on my arm yesterday just to see how it felt. Heavenly! It absorbed very quickly and left my skin super soft. Can't wait to use it on my hair. I actually purchased it for when I flat iron my hair. I plan to use it as heat protectant. I feel you on the Shea Moisture DTM, I felt the sme wy about it! I hated the smell too. I would love to trade that away for something else. I'm using the ORS Replenishing Pak with an oil of my choice as my dc. Its pretty good but I think there's something better out there. I want to try the Silk Elements line...

@Yldthng
Girl you going ham, bologna, and turkey, lol. Reminds me of someone I knew when I, er, they started their journey. *sigh* The saga continues.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 1st March 2011, 2:00 am

@Tiff: It's so sad that in my PJisim-ness I thought Beaucoup was yet another product or a place to buy some...LOL!

Let's see, I really think I'm having difficulty moisturizing these stretched styles. Twists, coils, etc I can just spritz, then follow up with EVCO and it's great. But as I was writing in some other forum, if water touches the stretched styles...it's a wrap for the style...it curls up and then frizzes. But, I will be trying the grapeseed oil Smile

PEOPLE...PEOPLE...PEOPLE! I have an announcement! I just read in another forum that someone on here is a "product pusher". Not only is she (I'll leave her nameless until she steps forth), a PJ, she's a product pusher too Shocked Don't be afraid to step forward sister...Don't worry, you won't be judged here!!!!!!! LOL
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 1st March 2011, 12:49 pm

@Ambitious_Tiff - I'm gangsta like that. LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 1st March 2011, 1:28 pm

OMG Chicas -
I got a private email stating that I was a "product pusher". Please don't tell my grandmama!! (LOL) I have no problem with coming clean ... I knew I had *PJ* tendencies, but had NO idea was a *PP* Momma nooooooo .... Somebody ... do something!! Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by morenachula 1st March 2011, 1:47 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I can ever get on the frickin' bandwagon...once again I'm out paying a bill and I see a Target. At first I said I'm not going in there. Before I knew it I had a handbasket in hand and was headed towards the hair care section...I'm so ashamed! Embarassed I ended but getting Miss Jessie's curly meringue and the kinky curly custard! Yipes!!!! And to add onto the shame....I haven't even gotten around to trying any of the stuff I purchased since my last post on this thread!!! Smh @ myself. You can't see a single inch of the surface under the sink. Aye
morenachula
morenachula

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st March 2011, 1:51 pm

LMBO! Girl, that is sad. I thought it for half a second, Googled it, and had the nerve to be a little mad nothing came up. Have you tried moisturizing your stretched styles while in the twists or braids? Just a thought. That's what i do and it works pretty good for me. I welcome the frizz to a point since my hair is so fine...

LMBO!! I see we have all kinds of issues up in here. PJ's, PP's, what's next?

I went to look for some Cassia and Amla yesterday. My mission was a miserable fail so... I bought some organic honey and more leave in.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next