CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interracial Relationships: reaction to your natural hair?

+17
DreamMerchant
serenesky04
jaybella
ladybrittain
chynadoll8799
bcandy
LoveleeMama
BekkaPoo
Morshaye
EllaMomi2002
ritajoy
Runtinkrun
Punkyskunk
EastAfricanCurly
popsbaby
Kicha
whatgetsonmytits
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Interracial Relationships: reaction to your natural hair? - Page 2 Empty Re: Interracial Relationships: reaction to your natural hair?

Post by DreamMerchant 25th August 2010, 10:06 pm

My DH is white and he does not have a clue! He says he does not like it when I leave the knob to the bathroom greasy because he can't get out of the bathroom. He wants me to cut it all off and spike it. Rolling Eyes . He said he would not care what I did to my hair as long as it does not involve his scalp. I use him for experiments. He enjoys my curls way better than the flat ironed hair I use to have.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Interracial Relationships: reaction to your natural hair? - Page 2 Empty Re: Interracial Relationships: reaction to your natural hair?

Post by PaganWifey 26th August 2010, 1:44 am

Lol DM!

He likes it but he's convinced that if I just took care of my hair the way some girls he used to roll with did I could have more of a defined curl pattern and more hang. (What does his Irish ass know about black hair? *sideeye*) I have it in the back but my top is a different texture. He likes to run conditioner through my hair because he says I'm sloppy at it and I miss spots. Lol!

He's not a fan of the locs AT ALL. Or the purple. But he loves me and that's what counts.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 26th August 2010, 9:49 am

My guy has seen my hair through ups and downs. He hated the FLW's I was wearing after the big chop..and gave me the courage to wear my hair out for the first time in YEARS! No "couple of tracks here" Half wig there. Just me.

He loves my hair..He thinks it's funny that everywhere we go i buy stuff for my hair. And while it may seem like im buying everything under the sun, it's STILL cheaper than relaxers and that whole bit, or the full lace $200+ wigs i was buying.

LOL@ DM I've had to remember to wipe the bathroom knob off after doing the whole "Greased up knob" thing. Smile
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by whatgetsonmytits 26th August 2010, 3:26 pm

lol @ DM. You and your fiance sound like fun.
whatgetsonmytits
whatgetsonmytits

https://www.youtube.com/whatgetsonmytits

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 26th August 2010, 10:08 pm

Ladies, I am being serious! I was in the basement getting something and I heard a bad commotion going on upstairs. My husband was yelling "Heeeeelp, heeeelp........I am stuck in the bathroom"! He "claimed" that he could not get out of the bathroom! Now, I do clean the tub as soon as I wash my hair because one night, I did an oil treatment and rinsed my hair. Well, I was too involve with my hair to clean the tub. Dh came home, got into the shower and I heard a big BOOOM.....AGH. I came running into the bathroom and asked him what happened and if he was ok. He had slipped in the tub because of my greasy oil wash! He said that natural hair was dangerous! The other day he said that I had enough hair products in the hair cabinet to build a bomb Shocked
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 27th August 2010, 1:46 am

Im over here dying laughing at DreamMerchant. I can imagine my hubby in the same position saying the same thing. LOL lol!
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrobi26 29th August 2010, 12:25 am

I am in an IR marriage. Hubby was super shocked when I BCed 4 years ago because he met me with relaxed hair. I did the BC again this month knowing that he does not like short hair at all, because to be honest, my hair was beyond repair with heat damage etc. and he could not understand when I tried to explain why I needed to cut it. DH tried to be supportive and tell me that it looked fine, but in my heart, i knew the truth and could not live with damaged, heat fried, hair. So, I guess I agree with jaybella that some things are hard to explain when the person is unfamiliar with our hair texture. Ultimately, I had to make a choice between doing what was best for my hair and I am happy with my decision, even though I look forward to growing it out again.
Nyrobi26
Nyrobi26

http://Nyrobi26@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 29th August 2010, 1:18 am

My husband is Caucasian and he's been there through my entire transition from relaxed to natural. He is so supportive! and boy does he put up with a lot. My hair and I have so much drama sometimes lol. When I used to get a relaxer and complain about the breakage and burns etc he was always there to see that, so when I told him I was thinking of going natural he said go for it. He was more than happy for us to get rid of those bills and to get rid of my constant complaining about my hair struggles.

He did the big chop for me and says he loves my hair (even at times when its been hard for me to love it myself, like when detangling). Every time I have a setback with my natural hair and I even think about getting a relaxer he's there to remind me of all the trouble I had with my hair and prevent me from doing it. To him hair has always just been hair, he says he'd still love me even if I'm were bald lol (although he might be bluffing) Smile
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by whatgetsonmytits 30th August 2010, 12:29 pm

Thanks for chiming in, ladies. Great to hear this feedback and not feel like the only one.
whatgetsonmytits
whatgetsonmytits

https://www.youtube.com/whatgetsonmytits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2