CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis?

+27
NikG20
ebonediva
Nessa101
CrissyQ
crimsonpeach
Sebastain13
KurlyKK143
naturalqtpy
fanmnatirel
Ladybird
ldwatters
BeautifullyFree
sweetdrk1
PanaR3dd
shortnsweet
Mangos&Bananas
Duchess52
MsRosieVelt
creolebeauty1
Kea::curls
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
BajanPrincess82
CraZyKinks
QuirkyCurly
Emartini04
cagebird
slimwithabs
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis? Empty Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis?

Post by slimwithabs 2nd March 2011, 4:59 pm

[b] Good Afternoon Guys.

What is yr reaction when you see another Natural Sis or Bro rocking Natural Styles i.e. twist, twist out? Do U look, Say something, or just keep walking? Well today when I went out to lunch I pass a Sis with TWA we staired at each other and just before I was going to say Wow, loving yr hair she had gone. I guess she was in a hurry. I usually get a good feeling when I see another rocking Natural style and must talk to them about it. I'm loving how we are all coming 2gether.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis? Empty Re: Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis?

Post by cagebird 2nd March 2011, 5:28 pm

I usually stare for a minute to see if they are approachable. Then I may walk over and spark a conversation. Usually I ask their regimen, and it goes from there. You are right most women I meet are so friendly, and they give tons of advice. I usually have a hat on, so I take it off to show them that I am in the club. LOL
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis? Empty Re: Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis?

Post by slimwithabs 2nd March 2011, 5:39 pm

[b]lol
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 2nd March 2011, 5:49 pm

@ slimwithabs - my reaction when I see another natural? I give a smile if they're approachable and in my mind I'm like Okkkk Girl!!!

I have approached or been approached many naturals lately and I think its pretty cool. Just a few weeks ago I had a long conversation with a woman in the post office about natural hair. We discussed oils and conditioners that we tend to like or dislike.

I just seen another natural in Trader Joe's an hour ago stocking her basket with sesame oil and olive oil. I wanted to ask her so bad if that was for her hair but she didn't seem too approachable to me lol. .
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 2nd March 2011, 5:58 pm

@ Martini I know what U mean some R not. I ran into one at Walgreen this week and she was wearing dreads. Her hair was so nice and moist. I wanted to ask her about her moist. but she had a leave me alone face on, so I did LOL. She could have had a bad bad day.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 2nd March 2011, 5:59 pm

I wish I could find a nice looking natural..all of the ones I see don't look so nice; I'll keep the faith though Smile
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by CraZyKinks 2nd March 2011, 6:38 pm

Everytime I see a "twin" I cant help but to compliment on their style! I have only encoutered 1 young lady that was kind of stand offish (dont really blame her though)....I was just 1 1/2 month past b/c and my "MOM" was like a crazy person. It was ackward, I think we both felt like my mom was trying to set us up for a play group (lol).
CraZyKinks
CraZyKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 2nd March 2011, 7:13 pm

When I see a natural whose hair looks good I'll say something. I'll usually give them a compliment, ask them what they used to acheive the look, and/or ask where they got it done. Now, when I see a natural whose hair doesn't look good, I don't say anything. I just can't give out fake compliments. I will smile and keep it moving.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 2nd March 2011, 7:27 pm

I stare like this Shocked I can't help it...i love natural hair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 2nd March 2011, 7:34 pm

i'm with craving curlz. lol. but to a less extent...

--> i smile & try to keep it moving (i'm usually on my way to/from work) and keep saying in my head "don't stare @ her beautiful curls, don't stare!"

now if someone wants to talk hair & they give me the slightest "in" to a conversation, then its on & poppin!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd March 2011, 8:03 pm

Before i BC i sometimes rocked an afro wig or this fro ponytail every time i did get at least 1 natural to compliment me when i say i'm transitioning this lady at the mall grabbed me and started showing me stuff to get and said i hope you bc soon natural suits you lol than i even got approached at the club lol now when i see 1 natural i usually say i love your hair or something pleasant Smile i stare for a long while too because i'm weird like that lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRosieVelt 2nd March 2011, 8:32 pm

If I see another natural, I typically always give a comment, like "Girl, you're rocking that TWA" or "I love those coils". Just something to acknowledge that I see them and let them know that they are looking good. It always lifts my spirits when a random person approaches me about my hair.
MsRosieVelt
MsRosieVelt

http://www.msrosievelt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 2nd March 2011, 10:10 pm

MsRosieVelt wrote:If I see another natural, I typically always give a comment, like "Girl, you're rocking that TWA" or "I love those coils". Just something to acknowledge that I see them and let them know that they are looking good. It always lifts my spirits when a random person approaches me about my hair.

Same here!!! The last person I said something to was a young man and he was wearing coils...absolutely stunning!!!
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 2nd March 2011, 10:50 pm

Hey @creole love the new avi!

I usually just stare like a weirdo. Lol, I've sparked conversation a couple times, when the fro was so serios that I couldn't hold back! Lol! Yup.
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 3rd March 2011, 12:24 am

I havent came across any in my region. scratch but i do get approached A LOT. Its mostly positve feedback. I occasionally get the "is that all your hair?" Lol im always rockn a WNG...then i have sum that WAIT till i walk away. confused i knw how it is when u see the MS.I KNOW IM ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS and ur hesitant to sistah grl wht she already knows LOL!! I wud like to think im approachable Sad
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 3rd March 2011, 1:02 am

omg when i see other naturals i get soo exicted..i usually approach or say something as im walking by..but even if i dont approach ill say it to whoever im with..i just have to acknowledge that they are there, they are natural & i see them..
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd March 2011, 1:40 am

I have been approached and I will approach! That fool of a daughter of mine! We were out last weekend and there were a few naturals there who uhm to use her words "mommy these chics need Curly Nikki stat!" so when I walked in my baby pulled me over to this sista and said "my mom can help you with something to battle your Shocked uhm issues" I almost passed out! The woman wanted to take me home! I whipped out the iPad and showed her all you beauties lol!

But yes I will walk up on a curly in a minute and give her love!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 3rd March 2011, 2:52 am

i feel a sense of PRIDE
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 3rd March 2011, 3:28 am

@ mango thanks Smile that's a wig but i actually BC yesterday a little confused but oh so happy and proud Smile i did it finally and Beautifullyfree i usually feel the same like "yes we are pretty without the creamy crack"
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by ldwatters 3rd March 2011, 12:03 pm

i stare and wonder what products they use...i had a lady a month ago come up to me in target and say "i love your hair." lol, i felt like i was on cloud nine when she said that.

ldwatters

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 3rd March 2011, 12:15 pm

I live in NYC and there are alot of beautiful naturals. Once i had to chase a sister down because she was working her TWA and I just had to compliment her.

But i usually do say anything but just stare on the DL Laughing
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 3rd March 2011, 12:30 pm

First off, i usually have to contain myself not to jump up and down and start screaming.... EVERYTIME i see a natural!!! (weird, i know)...
But let me tell ya! i have seen some bad a$$ naturals and i couldn't help myself...lmao!

If they're rocking a nice style...i do tell them that i love their hair...I don't usually ask them questions unless they start a hair related conversation...

But it always makes my day wether i say something or not...

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 3rd March 2011, 12:32 pm

I usually just stare Shocked for a while and smile to myself lol. I haven't seen too many yet. I did appreciate the compliments I received when I first BC'd and the compliments I still get on m twa though. Mostly from women who are scared to go natural and want to know how long I have been and what I use. This always leads to a good convo and I encourage them to join the club Very Happy . When out and about though and when my twa is on point cheers out of my side eye I see many people staring lol!
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 3rd March 2011, 2:34 pm

@ newlynaturalqtpy loving your avatar!! sunny
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 3rd March 2011, 2:45 pm

@shortnsweet - thanks girl! Luv yours too Very Happy
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next