CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil From Tips of Hair Causing Reaction to Face

3 posters

Go down

Oil From Tips of Hair Causing Reaction to Face Empty Oil From Tips of Hair Causing Reaction to Face

Post by Monnie 2nd January 2010, 12:43 pm

I have recently (last month or 2) begun making sure the tips of my hair are moisturized (something I never focused on before). I have been using Kera Care Essential Oils For The Hair, something I had leftover from my permed days. The front layer of my hair falls between my cheekbone and the bottom of my face and I have within the last month or so noticed large, red and sensitive acne and many blackheads all concentrated in this area. I know it has to be due to the oils because the breakouts follow the layer line of my hair. I went to my dermatologist (before I realized it was the oils) to make sure I did not have any sort of weird bacterial infection and he said I did not.

The ingredients in the Kera Care Essential Oils are as follows:

Sunflower seed oil, peanut oil, castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, seasame oil, aloe vera oil, almon oil, perfume, propylparaben, BHA.

Has anyone else had a reaction to any of oils listed in the ingredients above? I want to make sure my hair is properly moisturized, but I cannot deal with these breakouts. I also have a cousin who reported a similar thing happening to her a while back when she was using certain oils on her hair.

Can anyone help? This is so annoying.
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Oil From Tips of Hair Causing Reaction to Face Empty Re: Oil From Tips of Hair Causing Reaction to Face

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd January 2010, 12:49 pm

I don't have the KeraCare but I did make some whipped shea that contained coconut oil and almond oil. I attempted to use it on my face and started noticing little fine bumps on my forehead. I stopped using it as soon as I noticed the bumps and less than 2 days later my face was back to normal. I'm thinking that your face may be sensitive to one of the oils in the product. Try keeping your hair off your face (if possible) and see if that make a difference for you. You make need to try out one oil at a time just to figure out which one is causing the reaction.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Oil From Tips of Hair Causing Reaction to Face Empty Re: Oil From Tips of Hair Causing Reaction to Face

Post by Monnie 2nd January 2010, 1:16 pm

Thanks for responing Tia. I have definitely decided to keep my hair off of my face, which is kind of hard because my hair is trained to fall that way in the front and I was never one for ponytails or buns. I will just have to suck that up start getting creative.

I washed my hair yesterday and the only oils/butter I used are Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Gel and Jojoba Oils. I also used the Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner. I guess I am testing out Jojoba Oil first to see if it is the culprit (and I am hoping it's not). I'll just use my castor oil on my scalp for now.

I hate to hear that you had a similar rection. I planned on beginning to use Coconut Milk/Oil in my hair and coconut oil to moisturize my body so I hope I am not allergic to any of those.
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 2:31 am

My son and hubby also had less than favorable skin reactions to my whipped shea butter with coconut oil and olive oil. Hubby has used shea butter and coconut oil on his face with no issues so I had to assume it was the olive oil that didn't agree with him. As far as my son I would put such a small amount on his face that I'm surprised his little cheeks got all red and irritated. Both of them haven't experienced any issues since then. I'm guessing the olive oils was the culprit for them both. I know yours didn't contain olive oil but it could be something to think about later Wink
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th January 2010, 1:59 pm

I was assuming it was the olive oil also because that was the only ingredient foreign to my face.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down