CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm In Love w/ Shea Moisture Products from Target!

5 posters

Go down

I'm In Love w/ Shea Moisture Products from Target! Empty I'm In Love w/ Shea Moisture Products from Target!

Post by MsKayDee 13th August 2010, 5:31 pm

I have found my staple product and am kicking Kinky Curly Conditioner and Curling Custard to the curb! Not that KC is bad, for it works well on my hair, but I find the Shea Butter Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo and Shea Butter Coconut & Hibiscus Enhancing Smoothie work GREAT with my hair! It dries and leaves my hair soft (which the KC Curling Custard would leave my hair slightly crunchy yet very defined) and well defined. My main concern is making sure my hair is always moisturized and I finally feel like it is. I am 2 weeks into my BC so I have a TWA. The smell of the products are great--I just want to eat it up-lol I also brought the Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk. The line gets 5 stars from me!

Last edited by LadyDivah on 13th August 2010, 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

I'm In Love w/ Shea Moisture Products from Target! Empty Re: I'm In Love w/ Shea Moisture Products from Target!

Post by msmyla 13th August 2010, 6:35 pm

I purchased the curl enhancing smoothie a week ago and I love it!! It really curls my hair and it stays soft. Today I went back and purchased the Restorative conditioner and my hair feels so good. I've been rocking a twa for a month now and Ive found my favorite product as well =)

msmyla

Back to top Go down

I'm In Love w/ Shea Moisture Products from Target! Empty Re: I'm In Love w/ Shea Moisture Products from Target!

Post by rayray19 13th August 2010, 10:09 pm

I bought the curl enhancing smoothie today!!! and i cant wait to wash my hair tonight to see how it works!!!

I'm also 2 weeks post BC and in these last 2 weeks Ive been looking for some good staple products that aren't too expensive (KC and miss jessi is way to high for my liking) so I sure this line will do my hair right!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 14th August 2010, 3:19 pm

@ Ray Ray--I know you will not be disappointed! One thing to note, for me the smoothie takes well for my hair when it is wet..if my hair is dry I put a little in my hand and then mix with water to dilute some. Less is more.....otherwise you will have white hair and will need to blot it with a towel. Those are my tips! I just started using it yesterday morning and slept on my hair and it was not that flat at all today..I rejuvenated my hair this morning by wetting and adding more of the smoothie in and I looked brand new again Smile I forgot to mention in the above post that I purchased the shampoo too and it smells delightful and it cleaned my hair well. And I love the products are organic Smile Doesn't get any better than that!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 15th August 2010, 7:29 am

I have the same love for the SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie from Target.

I did run into one issue, maybe you gals can help. If I leave my SM on my hair and then twist it at night then the next morning if I use any styling gel KCCC or Eco-Styler Olive Oil then it leaves a white film on my hair all day and I have to wash it out. Any suggestions?

I love this stuff and I took a small portion out and added more hibiscus to it and my hair is even softer. (Not being used with the problem above)
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 15th August 2010, 10:23 am

My understanding is that KCCC doesn't mix well with other products but if you have the same problem with the ECO then it may be the SM. I never tried to use it with a gel. What about using Shea butter instead of a gel since Shea butter is one of the ingredients?
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 15th August 2010, 11:16 am

Thanks. I will try the Shea Butter to see how it reacts. It's just that my hair falls and I can't get a tall afro so I wanted something with a little hold in it.

I like Solange's new afro, although I know it's a weave, I would want my hair to be like that. I guess I need help with styling because all the wash and goes are getting boring to me.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 15th August 2010, 11:21 am

Have you tried doing twist or braid outs. I loved them when I was transistioning. Here's a video for a short braid out. Her hair came out great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FQXzMWTeSY&playnext=1&videos=E15j0NEqn2U
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 15th August 2010, 3:44 pm

yea lol I experienced the white hair thing today lol it was sooo bad I had to rinse it out and start all over..I applied a smaller amount (Im sooo heavy handed!) So I will definitly try your tip!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down