CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture

+7
NeeC1
Naturally Zee
arhandy
Jo Somebody
PrincessRN
FalconTress
KreyolKatt
11 posters

Go down

Shea Moisture Empty Shea Moisture

Post by KreyolKatt 29th January 2011, 6:26 pm

Soooo, I inherited a bottle of Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner from my sister in law. I loved it. I'm not big on the raw shea butter smell but this product had a nice, softer smell and the consistency wasn't as hard. So I kept hearing that Shea Moisture is now sold at Target. Which is great b/c I recently ran out of the Shea Butter Leave-in. So I get to Target and ummm, it's ( the leave in) not there. Not only that, I brought the bottle with me and the logo looks completely different. So my question is, are these two different companies? I called my s-i-l and she says she got it in a goody bag. Any insight?

Last edited by KreyolKatt on 17th March 2011, 10:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Empty Re: Shea Moisture

Post by FalconTress 29th January 2011, 10:15 pm

I have seen a " Shea Moisture" line of products sold at a kiosk in the mall. The packaging looked similar. I have not used the product so I can't give you a comparison.

HTH

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 30th January 2011, 10:41 am

KreyolKatt wrote:Soooo, I inherited a bottle of Shea Moisture She Butter Leave-In Conditioner from my sister in law. I loved it. I not big on the raw shea butter smell and this product had a nice, softer smell and the consistency wasn't as hard. So I kept hearing that Shea Moisture is now sold at Target. Which is great b/c I recently ran out of the Shea Butter Leave-in. So i get to Target and ummm, it's ( the leave in) not there. Not only that, I brought the bottle with me and the logo looks completely different. So my question is, are these two different companies? I called my s-i-l and she says she got it in a goody bag. Any insight?

I have the leave-in that you are talking about. It is amazing in moisturizing, but I had to stop using it because it caused way too much frizz and shrinkage (even though it is sooo thick). I guess it just provides too much moisture for me. I also noticed that the packaging is entirely different than the products sold in Target. I bought the leave in at a BSS. At the time I just assumed it was "older" packaging, and they changed the packaging for Target. But you are right, this leave-in is not available at Target. I am confused by this too so I will be watching to see if anyone has the answer.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 30th January 2011, 7:37 pm

Thanks FalconTress. Where do you live? I'll try to keep an eye out when I'm in big city malls. Right now, I'm in Hartford and ummm... yeah.
@ PrincessRN, yeah the whole thing is a bit confusing. I thought I was crazy. I'll try looking in BSS.
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 30th January 2011, 8:36 pm

Do the ingredients match up with what's on the website? Maybe they just changed the packaging recently.
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 30th January 2011, 11:20 pm

I actually know the answer to this question, run b/c I asked Shea Moisture on their facebook page....lol It is their product, it is their original leave in that is highly loved, but it is not a part of the new line. I was told that it has all organic ingredients, but not all natural ingredients as the line that is sold in Target. I bought mine through Amazon.com, but I have read that many buy from local BSS.
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 31st January 2011, 1:14 pm

Thanks for clarifying that guys
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 31st January 2011, 6:24 pm

KreyolKatt wrote:Thanks FalconTress. Where do you live? I'll try to keep an eye out when I'm in big city malls. Right now, I'm in Hartford and ummm... yeah.
@ PrincessRN, yeah the whole thing is a bit confusing. I thought I was crazy. I'll try looking in BSS.

I saw it in Fall 2010 at the Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News, Virginia.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 31st January 2011, 10:51 pm

@ Naturally Zee, no problem. I hope that helps. sunny
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 8th February 2011, 12:38 pm

@ KreyollKatt....omg, after reading your post I tried that Leave In....and all I can say is that I can't believe I have been sleeping on this. I ordered this about 3-4 months ago, but have been so busy trying everything else I've never used it. This stuff is da bomb!!! (do they still say that...lol) OMG! I was going to offer to send it to you, b/c not only was I not using it, but for some reason I had no interest in ever using it. Well, something told me to try it first, and it is probably one of the best things I've found so far. In the bottle it's thick and hard to squeeze out (aggrevating) so I squeezed a bunch out into a seperate lid, and it is much lighter and creamier than I was expecting. My hair loves it! So the bad news is...you can't have it... lol! (just kidding around) but the good news is your thread has prompted me to try something that I really needed, and was within reach all this time. That's why these forums are so great! Thx geek
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 8th February 2011, 2:23 pm

Hey ladies! So, I was about to make a HUGE Design Essentials purchase (not that it's a bad one), but was quickly suggested to look into Shea Moisture, so I'm game. Your comments have also definitely had an impact as well. Has anyone found out why the Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner isn't sold at Target? I'm not fond of buying things online (I'm weird like that), so going to a store to pick it up is ideal for me. If the Leave-In is the rave, I want to partake and return it if isn't not for me. Any info? Thanks!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 8th February 2011, 2:41 pm

Hi Neeci, it is their's b/c I asked them on FB if it was the same company and was told, yes...but that it was not a part of the line that's available through target. I can't find it locally here, but I understand that it is still available in some BSS stores, you may have to just check your area. Good luck, it's def worth a try.
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 8th February 2011, 3:09 pm

arhandy -
Thanks so much for your response. I'm on a wild goose chase to find it! (LOL) I will not be defeated. Does ANYONE know of a BSS store that sells it in Texas? Sally's is a no-go. Thanks!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 8th February 2011, 3:30 pm

...lol, I remember those days, when I was a PJ geek. But now that I am in recovery, I no longer run all over town looking for products lol! . (but listen, on the dl, let me know where you find it....lol) whoops, sorry that was the PJ in me trying to come out. Embarassed
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 8th February 2011, 3:40 pm

(LOL) OMG ... I'm gonna become a PP (Product Pusher)!! Now, that's funny. But, of course I'll post what I find and where I find it. Wink.

I'm SO eager to get the "right" products so I can come back to work on Monday looking like the fierce, semi-natural chickie I think I am. I'll be damned if someone asks me, "What happened to you?!" So, time is of the essence people ... Do you hear me?! TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!! affraid lol!

Seriously, you guys got me so motivated ... I want to take the products with me Saturday so my stylist can do me right - tight cut, cute style, and great finish ... We'll see. I'm soooo excited!!

My auntie is natural and has been for yearsss ... I'm SO close to asking her to look around the StL for it and send it to me. A bit much? I ... don't ... think ... so ...

~NeeC1

dance
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by arhandy 8th February 2011, 3:50 pm

..lol, girl enjoy your journey! that's what I'm talking about! Now listen, your stylist needs to know how to apply these products are you won't have the best results and you will think it's the products. Been there, done that. When I first started, I wasted a lot of Qhemet and Bee Mine, by just trying to run globs of it through my hair. Then when I figured out that wasn't right, I was still using products wrong by either putting them on in the wrong order, or by not sealing in the moisture properly and lest I forget using butters for moisturizers then wondering why was my hair so hard....so I say all that to say, because of poor technique and knowledge deficit some products I tried got a bad rap. Good luck "Fierce Semi Natural Chickie! cheers
arhandy
arhandy

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 17th February 2011, 1:15 pm

Hey ladies:

I emailed the company a while back and the is the response I got:

Thank you for your inquiry. The Shea Moisture Leave In Conditioner is not sold in Target because the Shea Moisture sold in Target is Organic. The Shea Moisture Leave in Conditioner it's from the Natural line of Shea Moisture. We make two different lines of Shea Moisture, one is Organic the other is Natural.

Under the Shea Moisture Natural Classic line we offer the following:
Shea Moisture Lotion 8oz & 16oz
Shea Moisture Body Wash 8oz
Shea Moisture Exfoliating Body Wash 8oz
Shea Moisture Shea Butter 4oz & 2oz
Shea Moisture Herbal Pomade 4oz
Shea Moisture Body Crème 4oz
Shea Moisture Shampoo 8oz
Shea Moisture Leave in Conditioner 8oz

**The package for the Natural contains red, green and black lettering**

Under the Shea Moisture Organic line we offer the following:
1) Raw Shea line- Lotion, Body Wash, Soap Bar, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Masque and Hair Elixir.
2) Coconut & Hibiscus line- Lotion, Body Wash, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Leave In Conditioner, Hair Smoothie, and Hair Sprits.
3) African Black Soap line- Lotion, Body Wash, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Elixir.
4) Yucca & Baobab line- Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hair Sprits.
5) Man Shaving line- Facial Wash & Scrub, Shave Butter Cream, Bump Preventer, Beard Softener, Blemish Corrector and Shaving Brush.
6) Launching a new Baby line called Raw Shea with Chamomile.

Hmmm ...

~NeeC1

NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 21st February 2011, 4:35 pm

Thanks so much for the info ladies. I was going scratch trying to understand what the heck was what. I wonder if they're going to continue on with the two lines? hmmm...
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 22nd February 2011, 11:39 am

I think it's great that the line will also be offered at Walgreens pretty soon ... this is a HUGE step for us Naturals (or soon-to-be Naturals)! Very Happy

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Empty I am sooo in love w/Shea Moisture!!!! Its great for wavy AND curly hair

Post by Sea-of-Waves 1st March 2011, 1:12 am

Shea Moisture is definitely the brand to us for those who has the deep waves! I have type 2 c hair just started transitioning, I have been used several other products but notices none of them work best than Shea Moisture...it leaves my hair soft, silky, easily to detangle and helps to define my waves more. If you are going to use the deep treatment masque and you have hair color, it does strip your color a tab bit and make your hair dry a little I think b/c of the sea kelp, however use the conditioner right after to soften the hair! I love Shea Moisture....if any of you have any other suggestions for thick and wavy hair, please let me know!!!!! Smile

Sea-of-Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 4th March 2011, 10:16 pm

@ arhandy, Thanks for the info! Glad I helped you give this product a try (but.......I really wanted that bottle......I KID!) Enjoy. I'll be on the lookout for it. I think my pet peeve about it is how thick it is and the difficulty in getting it out of the bottle. I had to microwave it and quickly pour it into an old coconut oil jar. Its really more of a dipping consistency and less of a pouring consistency. Nah mean? PS. I THINK the still say da bomb. I think..
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by djackson 17th March 2011, 10:13 pm

Hello Ladies,

I went into the Walgreens and saw that they are finally carrying these products $9.99 and better. I was going to get the Coconut & Hibiscus Collection in a kit for $19.99!! There is the Curl Control Shampoo, Curl & Style Milk, Hold & Shine Moisture Mist and lastly Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I didn't pick it up so I immediately came home to see if anyone has heard/tried this product.

Glad I found this forum! Since spring is next week and the weather is finally breaking would this be wise to use?

djackson

Back to top Go down

Post by KamsMa82 19th March 2011, 3:18 pm

Has anyone tried the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus soap? I bought it last weekend to try it out and my skin feels great.

KamsMa82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down