CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

+3
NhappyJackie
freckledmom4
MsKayDee
7 posters

Go down

Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist Empty Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

Post by MsKayDee 21st March 2011, 10:04 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone uses Shea Moisture's (organic coconut & hisbiscus) Hold Shine and Moisture Mist. I have a TWA and I haven't had it cut in 2 months. Not sure if I am growing it out-think I just want to see what happens as it grows and I am finding it is getting harder for me to combat frizz and keep my curls looks fresh as it is growing out due to wearing hats because I live in NY. Boy I can't wait till spring is officially here! Anywho--I bought this today to try and just want to know if anyone has reviews on this product. thanks!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist Empty Re: Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

Post by freckledmom4 21st March 2011, 11:25 pm

I have bought it twice and it is a great refresher/moisturizing spray. It does not, however, provide any hold, but it smells great!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist Empty Re: Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

Post by MsKayDee 22nd March 2011, 12:56 am

Thanks! Do you feel it added moisture to your hair too?
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd March 2011, 10:08 am

You're welcome! Yes, but the moisture didn't last unless I put something heavier on top.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd March 2011, 11:46 am

I used it to refresh my twist. It gave no definition, but is great for reducing the frizz, adding shine and moisture, and it smells so good!!!! I use it for me and both my daughters' hair.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Godschild0729 22nd March 2011, 12:33 pm

I just started using this product last week and I like. I do agree with freckledmom4, it doesn't provide hold, however, it does provide some moisture and shine to my 4 a/b hair. My hair is thirsty so I have to use a heavier creme base moisture or spray the mist twice a day.
Godschild0729
Godschild0729

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 22nd March 2011, 8:31 pm

I use it on my braids. For me it keeps down the frizz after washing my braids. I usually sprtiz with it, and then tie my braids down, and they don't look as fuzzy as they would otherwise. I have to use another moisturizer on top though, or my hair isn't moisturized enough
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by djackson 22nd March 2011, 9:35 pm

I went to walgreens to pick up the kit, it was only $19.99. My hair looooved it soooo much I am definitely going to get more of this product. It gave me hold, shine and plenty of moisture. I did a hot oil treatment, used the shampoo ( I onlny shampooed once) and used the other products in the kit. I have no regrets using this product! I was really impressed with the results.
I was looking for a new product to use on my hair and wasn't sure what to use. I have been mixing some of my own products for the winter months and got bored with what I was using. I know that you have to experiment using new products, I just wasn't sure what to get with sooo much information and new curly products out. I'm glad I choose this as a part of my spring regiment.

djackson

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 22nd March 2011, 10:32 pm

Thanks ladies! I actually like it too. I also have 4a/b hair and my hair is like the plant from little shop of horrors (feed me Seymour!)lol and the last thing I want is dry looking hair and this so far has managed to not only tame any frizz bit also give some sheen and keep my hair soft foo Smile and it seems to give some definition as well. I sealed the mist on my hair with jane carters nouirish and shine butter and it works like a charm. My biggest challenge had been finding a great refresher and this product may be the leader of the pack! #winning lol
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 28th March 2011, 12:24 pm

i also like the mist. if i wear my hair in twist at night ill spray some on at night and a little in the morning after i take them down. like everyone else the smell is great and adds a nice shine.
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 28th March 2011, 12:38 pm

Yes I live this mist!!!!! I have tried to mix my own spritz several times with different mixtures and nothing I mixed seemed to be of any benefit to my hair. So to find this product and know it has all the right stuff not only good for my hair but that my hair loves is a home run! This is now a holy grail product for me. My PJ side reared it's head when I bought this but I am glad it did! LoL
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down