CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Hair Products!

+24
Mariya's Mommy
Alanija
MS. FAJA
Umph
SisterBoyd
curlybarbi48
Thetruthisoutthere
quirky_curls
Renny
bfree
tiatj
Naturalin2010
ciara89
MEGAFAITH
KeAnia
WhosThatRedHead
AimWard
TheRYL1
ShortNSassie
Naturally Esq
thetiffany
airbornewife8
blondie
saramachara
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shea Moisture Hair Products! Empty Shea Moisture Hair Products!

Post by saramachara 9th August 2010, 4:11 am

Hi guys! So, i have heard so many great things about the Shea Moisture products that are supposed to be sold at Target. ive gone to a couple of targets and none of them have the products. so i really don't want to resort to buying them online! Can u guy tell me if the products are still even being sold in the Target stores around where u live or are they only online now a days, please?
saramachara
saramachara

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Hair Products! Empty Re: Shea Moisture Hair Products!

Post by blondie 9th August 2010, 4:20 am

Shea Moisture is at 2 Targets in my area. I'm really liking it so far!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by airbornewife8 9th August 2010, 10:34 am

yea they dont carry any shea moisture products at the targets in my area either so i have been contemplating ordering it

airbornewife8

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 9th August 2010, 11:11 am

its at 2 out of 5 targets within 10 miles of my house
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 9th August 2010, 11:13 am

saramachara wrote:Hi guys! So, i have heard so many great things about the Shea Moisture products that are supposed to be sold at Target. ive gone to a couple of targets and none of them have the products. so i really don't want to resort to buying them online! Can u guy tell me if the products are still even being sold in the Target stores around where u live or are they only online now a days, please?

Where are you located in California?

I bought the Curl Enhancing Smoothie at the Target located at: 1057 Eastshore Hwy, Albany, CA 94710, (510) 982-0512. The Shea Moisture products are located in a special section of the hair products.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 9th August 2010, 11:30 am

If you look up Shea Moisture on the Target online site, there is a section titled "Find it at a Target Store": http://www.target.com/s/183-2562578-5901301?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=shea%20moisture&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchPage=1

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 9th August 2010, 3:55 pm

I was watching Kimmaytube and she mentioned in the comments that some of those products sold in targets are not the real products. (Shea Moisture and Miss Jessies) She stated in her video that Curls products are not the real thing. Is this true?
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th August 2010, 4:03 pm

ShortNSassie wrote:I was watching Kimmaytube and she mentioned in the comments that some of those products sold in targets are not the real products. (Shea Moisture and Miss Jessies) She stated in her video that Curls products are not the real thing. Is this true?

The products are the real thing...they are just more affordable in the Target version...meaning...some of the more expensive ingredients have been left out. I've used the Shea Moisture and have no problem with it. But, the Curls products are missing things like the exotic flowers and other natural ingredients. Go to the websites and compare...you will see what she means.

Honestly, I think some folks get carried away on the ingredient band wagon! If a product works for you, use it. It's as simple as that! But, you do have to be careful...I once bought shampoo and found it contained formaldahyde! Now, I'm not a pseudo-ingredient guru, but I really wasn't trying to put formadahyde in my hair! So, beware and use what works for YOU! Just my two pennies! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 9th August 2010, 4:27 pm

The shea moisture products are available in the bigger Targets closer to the Black/Latino neighborhoods. As far as being fake versions... That is pure rubbish!!! I've used both the Target and the original version of Curls conditioner (Coconut Sublime is the Curls version and Coconut Curlada is the Target version). They perform the EXACT same in my hair. And when you do the math, ounce per ounce the Target version is actually more expensive than the Curls version. People can say anything they want on the internet whether they know what they are talking about or not. I like Kimmay she has some helpful videos but everything she says is HER opinion and in HER experience. HER truth may not be the same as yours. She is not a scientist nor a market researcher. Take it with a grain of salt.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by saramachara 10th August 2010, 3:23 am

blondie wrote:Shea Moisture is at 2 Targets in my area. I'm really liking it so far!

I wish they were in at least one Target near me! but thanks, if ur liking it so far i think its worth a try! Smile
saramachara
saramachara

Back to top Go down

Post by saramachara 10th August 2010, 3:26 am

Naturally Esq wrote:If you look up Shea Moisture on the Target online site, there is a section titled "Find it at a Target Store": http://www.target.com/s/183-2562578-5901301?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=shea%20moisture&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchPage=1

HTH

i clicked on the link and just figured out that the closest Target that carries these products is like 45 min away from me!! i live in Santa Rosa if u know where that is and it kinda makes sense why they dont carry them. so annoying though but thank you. lol.
saramachara
saramachara

Back to top Go down

Post by saramachara 10th August 2010, 3:33 am

AimWard wrote:The shea moisture products are available in the bigger Targets closer to the Black/Latino neighborhoods. As far as being fake versions... That is pure rubbish!!! I've used both the Target and the original version of Curls conditioner (Coconut Sublime is the Curls version and Coconut Curlada is the Target version). They perform the EXACT same in my hair. And when you do the math, ounce per ounce the Target version is actually more expensive than the Curls version. People can say anything they want on the internet whether they know what they are talking about or not. I like Kimmay she has some helpful videos but everything she says is HER opinion and in HER experience. HER truth may not be the same as yours. She is not a scientist nor a market researcher. Take it with a grain of salt.

Yea, my town is pretty small and majority of people are def not black! lol. but thank you very much, knowing both versions of the product are about the same is reassuring! i think i will just go and buy them online! and i definitely feel what ur saying about Kimmay, it is just her experience and what worked for her! i still take a lot of her advice tho.
saramachara
saramachara

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 8:18 am

I'm in Colorado and none of the Targets in my state carry these products. I've thought about ordering them but I like to see and smell stuff before I buy it. I may eventually suck it up and by it. I've heard great things about these products but they aren't sold here.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by saramachara 11th August 2010, 4:48 pm

Thats exactly how i am too. i like to look at products and smell them and i cant stand paying for shipping and handling. o well. lol.
saramachara
saramachara

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 11th August 2010, 5:57 pm

I am suprised to hear that they are not sold at Targets in you guys area. I stay in Bossier City, La and they are sold at both targets in my area. I have only purchased the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I have to say that I really Like it. I haven't tried to many other products but I purchased this one because the Miss Jessies was a little to expensive for me. I am thinking about going back and purchasing there conditioner. I also wanted to try the Curls but I try to use only one main product at at time.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 11th August 2010, 6:58 pm

shea moistures works wonders for my hair I saw kimmys videos and i understand what she was saying but at the same time Shea moistures is what works for'' my hair Laughing
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 12th August 2010, 12:03 pm

SheaMoisture works for my hair too..and i have very thick 4b hair. It makes my hair really soft and manageable. I bought the whole pink label line. Since my hair is alredy curly..i just add either thew curl milk or the smoothie in the morning time and make sure i spray the curl defining mist in the morning. So i say you should go for it..and its very cheap as well so if you dont like it as much you wont feel like your missing out on a lot.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 12th August 2010, 5:27 pm

blondie wrote:Shea Moisture is at 2 Targets in my area. I'm really liking it so far!

Hi Blondie! Have you seen any of the KinkyCurly products in our area? I've tried the one in Greenbriar and Norfolk but no luck.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 12th August 2010, 6:06 pm

SheaMoisture is in the Target where I live. Columbus isn't the biggest and the only Target is located on the north side of town but they have an all natural section with all of the products listed above. The SheaMoisture is the peach looking label with black writing is AMAZING. I love the shampoo and curl enhancing smoothie. I still want to try the mist, but haven't heard much about it.
tiatj
tiatj

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1116420078

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 12th August 2010, 8:16 pm

me either
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by bfree 17th August 2010, 11:33 pm

If you go on the target online store, you can do the search for SheaMoisture. Click on the product and a pop-up will allow you to input your zip code to find a target near you that sells SheaMoisture products. They are only sold in the select Targets in areas with a higher black/latino population. I had to bypass 3 Targets just to get to the one that sells it.
bfree
bfree

Back to top Go down

Post by bfree 17th August 2010, 11:35 pm

Tiatj,
The Sheamoisture mist is soooo good. It keeps the hair moist and has just enough oils in it so that the hair doesnt dry up when its no longer wet...and the fragrance lasts a long time.
bfree
bfree

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 18th August 2010, 12:27 am

that sounds like something i need. I HATE how my hair feels so dry after it is no longer wet and i find myself trying to moisturize it over and over again with no success.
tiatj
tiatj

Back to top Go down

Post by bfree 18th August 2010, 9:04 am

Try it Tiatj,
Its worth it!
bfree
bfree

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 18th August 2010, 11:05 am

think i'll be making a trip to Target ASAP! lol
tiatj
tiatj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next