CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time Henna Head

+2
kwikwi
Cute n Curly
6 posters

Go down

First time Henna Head Empty First time Henna Head

Post by Cute n Curly 24th May 2010, 5:36 pm

I am getting ready to do my very 1st Henna treatment and I was wondering how long can you keep Henna before you need to throw it out? Also can you freeze it and thaw it out and reuse it?
Cute n Curly
Cute n Curly

Back to top Go down

First time Henna Head Empty Hello... I just did my first henna

Post by kwikwi 25th May 2010, 3:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My hair feels grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I was very scared to try to do my hair myself... but i did it and with minimal dramma. I grated and mixed 1 jar of rainbow medium brown henna from the whole foods store with 2 squares of caca rouge from lush. The only ingredient i added was lemon juice. I let it sit oout over night for the dye to activate... then i ended up putting it in the freezer for a day because of my poor time management skills... i defrosted it in the microwave, added more lemon juice and then went to my bath tub with my gloves. I wore an old raggedy swimsuit and sat indian style in my bath tub to apply the henna... it was rather easy. Then i saran wrapped my hair like nobody's business. Next, i put on a conditioniong cap. Then, i cover the conditioning cap with two silk scarfs. I kept it in about 7 or 8 hours. I then filled the bath tub with alot of water. and dunked my unwrapped and muddy head in the water. The water became a chocolatey tea color. I kept my head submerged util i felt that i had removed "all" the henna. Next i got a tub of cholesterol and slopped and slapped the conditioning treatment into my hair. All i have to do now is rinse it out and i'm good... part of my hair that has dried feels soooooooooooooooooooo soft and good.
kwikwi
kwikwi

Back to top Go down

First time Henna Head Empty Re: First time Henna Head

Post by kwikwi 25th May 2010, 3:31 pm

i froze and thawed it... its my first henna and i like it
kwikwi
kwikwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cute n Curly 26th May 2010, 10:14 am

I tried Henna for the first time last night. I did my big chop on Sunday night (wow), so I can't really tell if henna is working or not... I ended up mixing:
100g of Dulhan Mehndi w/100g of Punjabi Prime,
Amla Hair Oil,
Honey
(I think I'm going to order Jamila Summer Crop 2009 once I'm out of this mix).
I'm planning on Hennaing my hair 3 time a week for the first month and then 2 time a week for the next month
Cute n Curly
Cute n Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 26th May 2010, 8:33 pm

Yes, you can freeze any leftover henna by spooning it into a ziplock bag and popping in the freezer. You cannot freeze anything mixed with indigo though as indigo spoils much more easily.

When you are ready to use, then take out of the freezer, place in a bowl of warm water and let defrost. Smaller ziplock bags are better as it will defreeze sooner and you can use as needed rather than defrost a big clump only to throw the second leftovers away. Also smaller bags are great for touch up jobs.

Some people even mix up their henna and then freeze immediately without using it. Apparently the freezing process causes the tannin molecules to burst and release dye, so when you defrost the henna it is ready to use. I haven't tried this method yet so can't personally recommend.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cute n Curly 1st June 2010, 2:54 pm

I dont like the Henna mix I tried. So I"m going to try a different one for the next time Sad
Cute n Curly
Cute n Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by haymaj 27th June 2010, 1:29 pm

I am so ready to do a henna mix on my hair. I still have some relaxer on the ends of my hair. Will that make a difference with the henna outcome? I don't want what I have to mess up.

haymaj

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyzgul 4th July 2010, 9:10 am

How did the henna mix leave your hair?

Cute n Curly wrote:I dont like the Henna mix I tried. So I"m going to try a different one for the next time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

daddyzgul

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 5th July 2010, 3:51 pm

Cute n Curly wrote:I tried Henna for the first time last night. I did my big chop on Sunday night (wow), so I can't really tell if henna is working or not... I ended up mixing:
100g of Dulhan Mehndi w/100g of Punjabi Prime,
Amla Hair Oil,
Honey
(I think I'm going to order Jamila Summer Crop 2009 once I'm out of this mix).
I'm planning on Hennaing my hair 3 time a week for the first month and then 2 time a week for the next month

I would suggest not mixing the amla oil in the henna mix, but to put in on your hair at least an hour prior to placing henna mix. This will help keep your hair moist since henna can be very drying. Mix the henna with green tea or coconut milk (depending on your hair needs).
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down