CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by WhosThatRedHead 9th September 2010, 1:39 pm

Your daughter is cute! We do learn the most from children.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 10th September 2010, 6:11 pm

Hey Curlfriends,
I henna'ed last night with 100 grams of Jamila '09, enough warm green tea to make a paste and about a tbs of honey. Here are the pics as promised.
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Fresh_10
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Henna_10
Right after I deep conditioned with AOHSR, evoo & honey.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Henna_10
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th September 2010, 6:16 pm

It get's pretty bright in the sun-huh? But check out my grays... (the little orange lightning bolts)
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Fire_s10

I really love the color and I had a lot left over which I placed in fridge. I'll mix it with amla next week and repeat.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 10th September 2010, 6:49 pm

hey freckledmom!!!! your hair is turning out great..i can't wait to henna after my BC (9/27/10) WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 10th September 2010, 7:08 pm

Freckle
Your hair is beautiful. I can't wait until I get my order of Jamila henna in. I have been using the Rocky mountain brand I foud at Whole Foods in August and I haven't seen that much of a change but I am hoping tha after trying the Jamila I will see some change.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th September 2010, 7:32 pm

Your henna looks great but once again I am scared of henna (the color). I will stick with my cassia. I just orderd some amla today, can't wait to start using it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th September 2010, 11:02 pm

Thanks Ladies!
@ mrsmackey- you don't have long now! I'm excited for you! Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 879602
@ Ke I really like Jamila. It's the only brand I've used but it's easy to rinse out and the color doesn't take long to release.

@Crissy- I hope you really like the amla. I need to order some more. I only have 1 box left. Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Icon_eek
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th September 2010, 12:27 pm

Pretty Curls and I love the color of your hair. Did the henna turn your hair the red color?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 12th September 2010, 7:03 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Okay, I've been using the KCKT & KCCC combo for a week now and I've moved it under the sink. I keep the things I'm not sure about in my closet. My hair is crunchy in some spots, but smooth in others. I guess I need more practice. I made a spritz using the KT, distilled water and EVOO. It made my hair soft but I got those darned white fuzzies! I'm really not trying to buy their spritz especially since I promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything for a while.

I measured my hair for the 3 month challenge and it is about 4 inches all around! I didn't think it had grown that much-I thought only the gray hairs were growing.

My kids are back at school, but their activities have kicked up a notch. Maybe the little one and & can finally work on the potty training thing since no one is here to distract us during the day. It's been fun just getting to enjoy her the last couple of days. Maybe I can finally figure out a regimen and get back into my Bible studies. Yeah, I think I'm going to like this.

Hey,

I had KCCC & KCKT for a long time too not sure what I was going to do with them since the wash & go's do not work for me!!

So since, I've been using Curls which I think are very moisturizing! but not enough hold! I mixed one plastic spoon full of Curls Whipped Cream with one spoon of Eco Styling Gel!! It gave me great definition, no frizz and of course moisturizing!! Then I remember I have KCCC, much better ingredients than Eco Styling Gel! So, last night I mixed the same amounts of KCCC with Curls Whipped!!! Nice!!! It was smooth and not sticky!!! My hair is in box braids now! I can't wait to see my braidout!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th September 2010, 10:16 am

freckles u are becoming a PRO wit this henna girl. love the color results! so how often are u using henna now and how long did it take for the color? even in the sun the red is FIYAH!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 13th September 2010, 12:18 am

Love the henna. I am planning on doing mine in the next month or so. Now you have me all excited!! Looking good, girl!!
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Empty Itchy Scalp Blues

Post by freckledmom4 15th September 2010, 8:35 pm

@ Krazy- My hair is naturally a reddish brown and I lightened the ront a little before I chopped. The henna always looks crazy bright on the first day, but tones down over time.

@ Coco, I;'m glad you found a way to use the KCCC. I really like it. I ordered some DB Coiling jelly and it has the same consistency and the KCCC. I can't wait to try it.

@ Nubie- If I had to guess I'd say that I have henna'ed about 8-10 times. I do it no more than twice a month because it takes me some time to get my moisture back.

@ Momnwife- I can't wait to see your henna results.

Other hair news, I cowashed on Monday with YTCucumbers. It was ok, but I had to use a lot of it on this little bit of hair I have. Maybe the KCCC was hard to get out. I'll give it another try before I write it off. I conditioned with Gio SAS and used the kimmaatube leave in with Gio Direct. It took me about 3-4 hours but I twisted my entire head using Fluertzy's curls nurture cream & Hair Butter and Eco OO. I actually went out witht the twists! Now it's day 3 and it is a hot frizzy mess, but I redid the front because I got my package and was dying to try the Oyin SnD-> much better results. I can't wait to use it on my whole head. I was going to try to make it last until Friday, but my scalp is itching like crazy Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Icon_evil ! My scalp hasn't felt like this since before I started to do ayurvedic treatments. I hope the itchies are the result of growth cause I would welcome that, but if not IDK what to do. I just did a ACV rinse so it can't be that. What do you do to help with this?
On a more positive note, got new products to try this weekend so I'm happy about that. Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 617583
Later Curlies! Hope you are having a peaceful week.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd September 2010, 3:03 pm

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 EmptyRe: The OFFICIAL 3m GROWTH CHALLENGE Pt 2..Sept 6-Dec 31

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 I_icon_minipost by freckledmom4 Today at 2:00 pm

Update:
My twists from last week lasted until Thursday when I wore a twist out, but they did not make it to Friday so I cowashed TJTTT and did a rinse with green tea before I did a wng using Darcy's Botanicals Lemongrass Transitioning Cream and Coiling Jelly. The coiling jelly reminds me of KCCC, but it is not as thick or finicky and dries softer. It did a great job of defining my curls, but I had mad shrinkage. It mixed well with the oils and spritz that I put on my hair. Overall, I was really happy with the results.
Last night I washed and I did a gloss with henna, amla and TJTTT condish for about an hour with 15 mins under the dryer. I did some chunky twists with Oyin's Shine n Define & coiling jelly on the ends. Here is the twistout:

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image Click to see fullsize
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Dscn4110[/url]
It's a little frizzy, but I'm going to retwist tonight and hope for more definition and less frizz. I will most likely cowash on Friday because I can detect that "fresh cut grass" smell that comes along with using henna.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd September 2010, 3:07 pm

The henna results came out great. I love the color it produced.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd September 2010, 3:17 pm

Wow, you got great results with henna. Good job!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 24th September 2010, 8:25 pm

Thanks ladies, but I think I'm going to backoff for a while or atleast mix in some amla because in the sun, it can get really bright.

For the past 2 weeks my hair has been shedding like crazy. Every time I touch my hair I see 1 or 2 strands on my fingers-yikes! I am trying not to get upset about it because when I was relaxed, I usually shed a lot at the end of summer, but today when I cowashed, I saw quite a few shorted, broken off hairs at the bottom of the tub. Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Icon_sad So I have to re-evaluate what I am doing.

I know a lot of curlies suggest protective styling, but the reality is, I don't like twists in my hair because they always get frizzy by the next day and let's face it-they are too much work for that. I may try cornrows next week.

One thing I can say hasn't helped is that I have not been drinking as much water and taking my vitamins so I will definitely up my game in that area.

I feel like I'm always looking for something new to try with my hair because it is too long to be a twa, but not long enough to do any real styling. My husband told me that he is getting tired of me fooling with my hair and to be honest, I'm tired of fooling with it too. Don't get me wrong, I love my hair, but I'm just not sure what to do with it now that its getting cooler and I can't wng. What's a curl to do?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 24th September 2010, 9:18 pm

Your Hair is gorgeous!!!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 25th September 2010, 9:55 am

I am in the same boat, my hair is at a stand still, too short for wist and not long enuff for anything else. We will get through this.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 30th September 2010, 5:01 pm

Guess what! Today makes 3 months of me being completely natural! Here is my length at 1 month:Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Dscn3510

And here is my front today:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Fr_ck_10
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 4 Sd_ck_10

It's definitely growing, but I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing. I'm still experiencing more shedding than I am comfortable with, but it is less than a week ago. Yesterday I shampooed with SAS shampoo and detangled with YTCukes. The verdict is still out on that product. It's hit or miss. Then I mixed amla and water then added it to Jessicurl WDT. It was my first time using the JCWDT and I have been wanting to use it alone, but I needed the amla to help with the shedding. It literally felt like sand as I put it in my hair. I'm thinking-maybe this wasn't such a good idea so I only left it in for about 30 minutes and rinsed. I knew my hair was going to feel like straw once I rinsed, but it was surprisingly silky and smooth. The amla definitely had the curls poppin' and I saw a couple of random straight chunks so I snipped them off. Then I twisted over the next several hours in between taking my boys to the barbershop and other things. I'll post the twist pics later.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th October 2010, 12:44 am

Hey FM4

I see that Alma is really working for you...so is JCWDT a deep conditioner? Have you done a protein treatment lately? I've found that when my hair starts to shed a protein dc really helps.

I can't wait to see your twists!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th October 2010, 8:30 am

Hey FM4

How are you? Where are you? Just checking on yah!! Miss yah!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 12th October 2010, 9:56 am

Hey KHN! Thanks for checking in on me. I've been around, but haven't posted in CSJ for a while. I'm kind of in a rut with my hair. It's at that awkward inbetween stage. It's 4-4 1/2 inches long and while it's too long to be a twa, it's too short to do many of the styles I like. Most days it ends up in a puff. I've been trying to keep it moisturized and have been experimenting with gel combos for wngs so that my hair will dry faster. So far I really like DB Coiling Jelly. It has the consistency of KKCC, but mixes well with other products. I mixed it with SM Curl Smoothie last week and it looked and felt great. Best of all, my curls survivied for 3 days. I have to try it a few more times to make sure that it wasn't dumb luck. I have been using the DB Transitioning cream as well. It really hydrates my hair and leaves it feeling like nothing else I've tried so I'll be looking more into their products. Well that's all for now. I'll try to take some pics and post this week.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th October 2010, 11:21 am

hey FM4, ugggg I hate awkward stages. My hair usually is in a puff too. What is DB? I need something to revive my curls in the morning, my twist looks crazy so i usually un twist, run my head in the shower, put in a leave in, oil and put my headband on.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 12th October 2010, 11:57 am

Hey Crissy,
We are in this together-hopefully it won't last too long. I've even thought about cutting it again just because it seemed easier when it was shorter. When I wake up in the moring, my hair on the sides and back is smashed flat to my head (very sexy-huh?). I ususally let the steam from the shower loosen it up then I spray it with a mix of water, kckt and evoo and give it a couple of shakes. I ususally have to move some curls around with my fingers or the end of a rattail comb. It dries faster this way because the roots aren't getting wet. I like you new avi-your hair is definitely on the grow. Oh-DB is Darcy's Botanicals, btw.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th October 2010, 12:35 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Hey Crissy,
We are in this together-hopefully it won't last too long. I've even thought about cutting it again just because it seemed easier when it was shorter. When I wake up in the moring, my hair on the sides and back is smashed flat to my head (very sexy-huh?). I ususally let the steam from the shower loosen it up then I spray it with a mix of water, kckt and evoo and give it a couple of shakes. I ususally have to move some curls around with my fingers or the end of a rattail comb. It dries faster this way because the roots aren't getting wet. I like you new avi-your hair is definitely on the grow. Oh-DB is Darcy's Botanicals, btw.

LOL, girl dont you talk about sexy. I run to the bathroom to try and spruce mines up because it is smashed. Embarassed i have thought about cutting mine too but i am going to give it until next summer, if I am still not able to do what i want to do with it, then off it goes.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next