CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 22nd August 2010, 10:18 pm

NubieNatty wrote:hey freckles!! ur hair is looking GREAT!! i need to get on ur reggie n try usin henna twice a month cuz ur color is coming out good. im gonna keep my henna mix simple too n also add cinnamon to bring out the red some more...actually i think im gonna start adding it to my DC's as well.

i see u are very busy so protective styles would be perfect. u could twist it or coil it up for a week n wear it out on the wknds or something!

I added cinnamon once. I got a headache. It could have been because of the cinnamon or it could have been from my kids running around the house-IDK.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd August 2010, 10:19 pm

I used to make a cinnamon honey DC to put in my hair... I liked it cuz the cinnamon made my scalp tingle
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd August 2010, 10:21 pm

CocoEuro wrote:
nattyblog wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:I went to Sally's yesterday and bought a denman brush, 2 jars of ecostlyer oo gel ($3.49 for the large one), gvp conditioning balm and ORS Nature Shine. The Nature Shine is how I broke the challenge, but I think it was a good purchase because I had a coupon that took off $5 so it was practically free-*happy dance*

I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in. At first I wasn't too crazy about it b/c it is so thick and I used way too much , but now I use a quarter sized drop and I love it. Here is my style:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 Rscn3510
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 Rscn3511

I used ecostlyer and smooth-n-shine gels on the back and managed to get 2nd day hair Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 678474 . Of course, I slept like a princess last night which wasn't hard with my 2 and 6 year olds and hubby in the bed-it's a wonder I got any sleep at all. I just sprayed it with the Nature Shine last night and this morning, but after an outing to the pool, I don't know if I'll make it to day 3. So what to you do to keep your styles-and get some real sleep?

These styles are SO cute!!!!!!! bounce

Your hair looks nice and moisturized!!!

Thanks Coco, but it still feels dry. I'm looking into moisturizing products now. Any suggestions?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd August 2010, 10:26 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I really like your style...you did a great job!!! That would look good the way it is in the front, and coils in the back. Just a thought

KNH

Thanks for the idea! I will be trying that tomorrow. I needed a style to get me through the week since my little one will be having surgery to close her hernias later in the week. I'm sure I won't have time to fool with my hair-probably won't even be thinking about it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 23rd August 2010, 4:50 pm

Okay, so I shampooed and then dc'ed with a little bit of everything, but mostly AOHSR. After adding leave-in, I started coiling the back. It was going great until I got to the stubborn patch in the middle. I tried everything to get it to coil, but it still doesn't look like the shiny coils in the back and on the sides. I finally settled for some looser fuzzy coils, I even had to twist a few pieces. It seems like no matter what I do, I can't get this section to get with the program. It's always frizzy. It grows up while the rest of my hair is growing down. It feels rough and has no discernable curl pattern. At first I thought it was heat damage or scab hair but, its looks the same even at the roots. Anyway my hair is done now and I'm going to sleep on my face to make it last until Friday(I hope). I just had to vent. Wooosah!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 23rd August 2010, 6:23 pm

Awe... don't sleep on your face.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 23rd August 2010, 6:41 pm

Okay Red, I'll pull out my plane pillow-lol-cause these coils have no hold at all.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd August 2010, 7:26 pm

Hey FreckledMom!

No, don't sleep on your face! LOL

Also, wishing a speedy recovery to your little one! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th August 2010, 3:44 am

freckledmom4 wrote:
CocoEuro wrote:
nattyblog wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:I went to Sally's yesterday and bought a denman brush, 2 jars of ecostlyer oo gel ($3.49 for the large one), gvp conditioning balm and ORS Nature Shine. The Nature Shine is how I broke the challenge, but I think it was a good purchase because I had a coupon that took off $5 so it was practically free-*happy dance*

I prepooed Mon. night with Navratna oil=good sleep! In the morning, after my excursion to Sally's, I cowashed with TJTTT and DC'ed with Giovanni Nutrafix, melted shea butter, coconut, olive & amla oils. I did the "steaming" thing again and my hair was UBER SOFT. Now I really want a steamer, but can't see paying for it so I will stick to this bootleg method for now. I oil rinsed with vatika and used the Giovanni Direct leave-in. At first I wasn't too crazy about it b/c it is so thick and I used way too much , but now I use a quarter sized drop and I love it. Here is my style:
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 Rscn3510
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 Rscn3511

I used ecostlyer and smooth-n-shine gels on the back and managed to get 2nd day hair Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 678474 . Of course, I slept like a princess last night which wasn't hard with my 2 and 6 year olds and hubby in the bed-it's a wonder I got any sleep at all. I just sprayed it with the Nature Shine last night and this morning, but after an outing to the pool, I don't know if I'll make it to day 3. So what to you do to keep your styles-and get some real sleep?

These styles are SO cute!!!!!!! bounce

Your hair looks nice and moisturized!!!

Thanks Coco, but it still feels dry. I'm looking into moisturizing products now. Any suggestions?

Really? Could have fooled me!! LOL!!

Qhemet Burdock Root Cream is moisturizing and I heard the Heavy Alma cream is good especially for the Winter. I don't think they offer hold though that's what I'm trying to acheive, a moisturizing hold.

Right now, I'm using Curls styling products from the website! I like them so far.

Also, if you want to try you can mix some oils and/or conditioner into Eco Styling Gel
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 24th August 2010, 10:58 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey FreckledMom!

No, don't sleep on your face! LOL

Also, wishing a speedy recovery to your little one! ;-)

Thanks! I am covering her in prayer knowing that He will take care of her.

I didn't sleep on my face and my coils made it through the night:)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 24th August 2010, 11:01 am

@ Coco- Thanks!  I haven't looked into Qhemet products yet.  If you find something that provides moisture and hold, please let me know. I bought Curls from Target while I was transtioning, but my daughter used it all before I bc'ed. I heard that the formulation sold in Target is different, but I may give it a try after I finish what I have. I'm trying not to jump from product to product-a sista could go broke on this journey. How long did it take you to find the right products for your hair?

freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th August 2010, 12:38 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:@ Coco- Thanks! I haven't looked into Qhemet products yet. If you find something that provides moisture and hold, please let me know. I bought Curls from Target while I was transtioning, but my daughter used it all before I bc'ed. I heard that the formulation sold in Target is different, but I may give it a try after I finish what I have. I'm trying not to jump from product to product-a sista could go broke on this journey. How long did it take you to find the right products for your hair?

I started taking my relaxed-to-natural journey 6 months into it, in April 2009. In October 2009, I thought Herbal Essences was going to be my staple product but I still wanted a natural product for my natural hair. I tried natural products and realized how expensive they could be, but I soon learned not all natural products like the cheaper ones are not as moisturizing. So, I've been trying natural products designed for curly hair and Curls seem to be the one for me! I use the baby line on my toddler, that is when I first fell in love with their line. Hope I did not sound like a commerial! LOL!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th August 2010, 1:31 pm

Thanks Coco, you have sparked interest. I'm going to give it a try. If I don't like it, I know my daughter does so it won't go to waste.

My coils are a hot mess now. After my baby's surgery yesterday, she kept pulling/playing in my hair. She always tries to do that when she's sleepy to help soothe herself. I usually stop her, but she had been through so much, I let her pull away. She is feeling MUCH better today-Praise God! On Tuesday evening, I washed her hair with YTCucumbers condish and conditioned with Giovanni SAS. Her hair was so soft and silky. I can't with to try the combo in my own hair.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 26th August 2010, 5:08 pm

awww poor baby!!! I'm glad she is better though!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th August 2010, 11:32 am

Your baby had surgery? I hope she gets better soon!

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th September 2010, 11:29 pm

Thanks Coco & Natty.

It has been a minute since I posted or even visited CSJ so I have to catch up with everyone's pages. Last week was hectic trying to get the kids ready for back to school and their fall sports kicking into high gear. I watched my baby boy play in his first football game today-hilarious, but his older brother definitely got his game on! Go T-Wolves! My little diva has recovered from her surgery, but keeps telling people that her daddy took her belly button. My oldest got her first henna and will be getting flat ironed on Monday to start high school (ugh, I feel so old).

My hair has been acting crazy lately. It seems like everything that was working has stopped, so I am going to try a few new products to see if I can get the moisture back into my hair. I've started using SAS after cowashing and that is helping. I finally tried KCCC & KCKT and it was just what my hair had been looking for for wngs. I actually styled and was out the door in 15 minutes-that's what I'm talking about.

I am going to henna this week so I'll post pics then.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th September 2010, 11:33 am

Missed you around these parts. Henna? Good luck. You ready for the challenge?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 5th September 2010, 11:46 am

I'm glad to here your baby is doing better. Too cute... her Daddy took her belly button. Very Happy
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th September 2010, 4:15 pm

Okay, I've been using the KCKT & KCCC combo for a week now and I've moved it under the sink. I keep the things I'm not sure about in my closet. My hair is crunchy in some spots, but smooth in others. I guess I need more practice. I made a spritz using the KT, distilled water and EVOO. It made my hair soft but I got those darned white fuzzies! I'm really not trying to buy their spritz especially since I promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything for a while.

I measured my hair for the 3 month challenge and it is about 4 inches all around! I didn't think it had grown that much-I thought only the gray hairs were growing.

My kids are back at school, but their activities have kicked up a notch. Maybe the little one and & can finally work on the potty training thing since no one is here to distract us during the day. It's been fun just getting to enjoy her the last couple of days. Maybe I can finally figure out a regimen and get back into my Bible studies. Yeah, I think I'm going to like this.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 8th September 2010, 7:42 pm

What up Freck? Have you tried to mild clarifier? Sometimes when things stop working, a clarifier gets things back together. I like TJ's Clarifying Tea Tree Conditioner. But some other folks might have other suggestions. You might look it up and see if it does the trick. Good for you on the growth!

I feel you on the kids being back in school too. My head is still spinning!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 8th September 2010, 11:51 pm

Hi Freckle
I've passed by a few times just hadn't written any thing. I love your story and I am also glad they we are young black parents teaching out daughter's to love the skin and the hair that they are Blessed with. I pray that your daughter has a speedy recovery
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 9th September 2010, 12:24 am

Hi Freckled! Just dropped by and read some of your post. It took me awhile to fine my staple products and even after that I am still looking for the next best thing, lol. My daughter had hernia surgery also when she was a baby/toddler. She just started her first year in high school too and she is also natural and we did her first henna in January. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th September 2010, 8:16 am

I know that you mentioned that you were not buying products, but KC Come Clean Shampoo is great at clarifying. I use that when I have product build up...I really like that shampoo. Just remember KCCC doesn't play well with other products.

Also, can you share your amla mixture?

Hope your baby is doing much better. I'm so behind on everyone's posting, but I'm trying to get caught up!!

Enjoy your day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 9th September 2010, 12:53 pm

I was giving my "little bit" a shower last night and she says, "Mommy, I want to wash hair," with shampoo in hand. I said, "No, not that one." So she reaches for the conditioner. As soon as I get it worked into her little curls she says,"Now brush." It took me so long to learn about detangling in the shower, but she knows already! I was so tickled by her learning how to take care of her hair at 2. She'll be styling and profiling in no time. Just wanted to share that story. I hope you all are enjoying your day! I'm henna'ing tonight. Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 3 678474
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 9th September 2010, 12:58 pm

@ KHN and NB, Thanks for the suggestions! I'll clarify tonight before I henna. I hope it helps.

@KeAnia & Crvng4mr- Thanks Ladies. I'm so glad to be doing this journey with my daughters. I was kind of nervous about doing henna on my 13 year old, but she seems to like it. How often do you henna your daughters hair Crvng?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next