CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

+12
bholmes87
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
Intelligentbeauty
talljournalist
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Empty *npmoore04*- Hairstory

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 3:15 pm

Here some pictures from this past weekend. Back to my twist but I added a new product EVCO. And i loove it! And here's pics of my baby girl and her twist out puff on Easter. My hair is still in the twist we have rain today in Cali so I will keep these in for a couple of days.

freshly done twist - 4 yr old daughter took the pic hence the angle
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twist10

self pic
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twists10

Daughter with twist out puff on Easter

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Easter10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Empty Re: *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

Post by Nikcoils 6th April 2010, 2:41 pm

Today I was planning on taking out my 3 day old twist because they are getting a lil frizzy. But i was short on time *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Icon_eek so I remember seeing a stlye on YT by Glamzini on her old box braids. Eventhough i have larger twist I figured why not give it a try. So I did one large flat twist around my hair like a crown. Tomorrow I will do my twist out I am trying to squeeze out as many styles as possible.

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Crownt10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Empty Re: *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th April 2010, 2:43 pm

WOW the things we can do with natural hair. You daughter is adorable!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 6th April 2010, 2:50 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW the things we can do with natural hair. You daughter is adorable!!!

Thanks since i have stop using heat she said she likes my big hair and she wants hair like mine. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Icon_smile I put and flower in my hair and she cried because she wanted to wear it. So i now realize i need more floral accessories to share with my mini me. I am glad that me wearing my hair in a natural state is having a positive affect on her. Even though my mom wanted to press her hair and put shirley temple curls in her hair for easter(she always did my hair like that)...i had to tell my mom i don't want any heat in her hair and I'm the momma so I will be styling her hair. And it came out so cute.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th April 2010, 2:53 pm

Good for you and it did come out very nice. If you share your hair wash days with your daughter; it will teach her to love her natural hair. I hope...you know peer presure by middle school is something else!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th April 2010, 3:01 pm

Welcome, that hair is beautiful and the little one is precious!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Empty *npmoore04* - Hairstory - Great Twist OUT!!

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 2:01 pm

Good Day Curlies!

Took out my 4 day old twist spritz them with som evoo, tea trea oil and water. And was out! Loved the outcome. I noticed that since I trimmed my ends the bottom of my twist coil/curl better. I have to stay consitent on trimming my ends ever 2 months.

Ends of Twist Prior to taking them out Good Trim!
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twiste11

Twist out
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twisto10

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twisto11

On my way to work!
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twisto12
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th April 2010, 2:08 pm

nice
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th April 2010, 2:12 pm

Nice twist out!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th April 2010, 4:56 pm

Love the twist out!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 5:05 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the twist out!

THANK YOU!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 5:05 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Nice twist out!!

THANK YOU!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 5:06 pm

RoseBud wrote:nice

THANK YOU!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by talljournalist 7th April 2010, 5:12 pm

Why the trim every two months? Scissors scare me. I've heard of naturals trimming once a year or every six months. Right now I'm trimming only when I see split ends.
talljournalist
talljournalist

http://www.sweetmusiccakes.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 8:29 pm

I like to wear my out alot which results in increase in split ends and frizziness. I haven't trimmed my ends in over a year. I noticed that if i keep them trimmed and moisturized i don't have as many straggley ends. So i do want to keep my self on a schedule since i do my hair myself now. I've been natural 9 years but would get it pressed and flatironed and she would trim it every 2 - 3 months and my hair remained healthy and it grows really quick. But as i start to take care of my ends by wearing protective styles in the winter i will probably ease up on the trimming. But the warmer months are here *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Icon_sunny and i know i am going to want to rock my twist outs and wash n go more often. Plus i am not scissor happy.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th April 2010, 2:14 am

WELCOME
NICE TWIST OUT AND AVI!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th April 2010, 1:10 pm

Good Day Curlies!

Retwisted my hair last night for another twist out this morning. This time i put a 2 strand flat twist on one side since my big hair is not well tamed with a headband or shall i say the headband just can handle my hair. (I've broken a few in the past) *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Icon_redface I also tried to attempt a swoop bang but you really can tell in the pic. I am so thankful for this lady at church that gave me a bag full of headbands I really wanted to step up my accessory game. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Icon_cheers GOD IS GOOD!

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twisto14

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Twisto15
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th April 2010, 1:12 pm

I love to wear my hair out in the summer also. I am trying to find a balance this year and only wear my hair out on the weekends. I really have no reason to do fun styles at work because they tend to get in the way.

Today's hair is cute!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 8th April 2010, 1:28 pm

You have some fabulous twist outs! The definition is really pretty and I love how baby girl wants hair like mommy. I really wish more of our sistagirls would embrace their natural hair thus, showing their daughters that its okay to be who you're supposed to be.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 8th April 2010, 2:16 pm

I love, love, LOVE your twist outs!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th April 2010, 2:35 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:I love, love, LOVE your twist outs!!!!!

THANK YOU so much!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th April 2010, 2:39 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:You have some fabulous twist outs! The definition is really pretty and I love how baby girl wants hair like mommy. I really wish more of our sistagirls would embrace their natural hair thus, showing their daughters that its okay to be who you're supposed to be.

Thank You, it is very difficult show your daughter their natural beauty especially when other family members will try and say my hair looks better straight in from of her and I tell them I look beautiful either way. Our children are watching us even when we are not looking, so if I can show her what confidence is I am very happy to take on that role. There is no role model like mommy. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Icon_biggrin
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th April 2010, 2:41 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I love to wear my hair out in the summer also. I am trying to find a balance this year and only wear my hair out on the weekends. I really have no reason to do fun styles at work because they tend to get in the way.

Today's hair is cute!

Thank you I try...I need to set out a block of time to mimick your jill scott inspired look. The part you left out was that a wash n go or at twist out?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th April 2010, 2:54 pm

HAPPY FRIDAY CURLIES!!

I was so happy to see that CN is getting an exclusive interview with Chrisette Michelle!! I can't wait to read that interview. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS 617583 Today i let the stem in my shower do all the work to my hair. I didn't retwist just slept in my satin bonnet. Added a lil coconut oil and a 2 strand flat twist to the front. I go pick up my mini me today she has been on spring break this week and has spent time between her 2 grandmas house. Her first time away from home for a week. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS Icon_sad She has called everyday asking me what time am I gonna pick her up. She even told my mom on Wednesday that I needed to come and pick her up for church to go to bible study. The things kids remember. The break was nice for me an hubby but i miss my lil mini me.

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS 2daytw10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 6:10 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:I love to wear my hair out in the summer also. I am trying to find a balance this year and only wear my hair out on the weekends. I really have no reason to do fun styles at work because they tend to get in the way.

Today's hair is cute!

Thank you I try...I need to set out a block of time to mimick your jill scott inspired look. The part you left out was that a wash n go or at twist out?

It was a twist out. It was a pretty quick style, making the parts for the cornrows took the longest.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next