CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

+33
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
Thinice
Sebastain13
Renny
Treece
naturallynola
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
summerbreeze76
LaToya28
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
crvng4mr
KeAnia
Hurricane Curly
TheRYL1
MomnWife
Naturalin2010
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
nattyblog
MellowOne
KinkyNappyHappy
curlsunfurled
CurlsGalore
CocoEuro
priceless
WhosThatRedHead
krazy coils
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
37 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by freckledmom4 5th November 2010, 3:56 pm

^Thanks Shee!

Quick update: I unraveled one twist to see how it would look for the twist out today. It had good definition, but it was not the look I was going for so I wrapped my twists up in bantu knots and took out this morning. I just added a little of DB Van Cream and Oyin (really loving these products!) before knotting about 4 -5 twists at a time. I'll post pics after I get dressed for the wedding.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 Empty Re: Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today! Pics included

Post by CrissyQ 5th November 2010, 5:02 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:^Thanks Shee!

Quick update: I unraveled one twist to see how it would look for the twist out today. It had good definition, but it was not the look I was going for so I wrapped my twists up in bantu knots and took out this morning. I just added a little of DB Van Cream and Oyin (really loving these products!) before knotting about 4 -5 twists at a time. I'll post pics after I get dressed for the wedding.

I am sure it will look great. When is the wedding? I cant wait to see pictures
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 5th November 2010, 5:45 pm

Your dry twists look very nice. I've been thinking about doing this as well to try to combat the shrinkage. You got a nice color from the henna too. Have a great weekend!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th November 2010, 4:33 pm

ooooh where are the wedding pics bounce

i see u are LOVIN that combo wit the oyin/db. now i need to try it on dry twist myself cuz from the pics those twists are BLINGIN Cool i was a tad heavy handed so i'll go light next time but its definitely moisture to the 10th power!! as far as ur ends u know u cant go wrong w/the burnt sugar on em. that BS is dangerous man..and will have u sorry for what u wish for **biting nails** im glad u like it.

oooh and dont pass up on QB amla creme cuz i KNOW you'll like that as well. u can use it alone n get some good results. not that im tryin to spark ur PJ-ness or anything but if u just so happen to participate in the sale DEFINITELY get the amla (and olive n honey balm, cocoa detangling ghee) EEEK!!

and ur avi is too adorable!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th November 2010, 8:22 pm

LQQkin for wedding pics bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 6th November 2010, 11:05 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Cherry Lola -mix yougurt, amino acids, and baking soda and apply to dry hair for 20 minutes then rinse and condition. It's supposed to reduce frizz. I used coconut milk instead of yogurt. It helped to reduce my frizz a little, but I need a miracle. There are several yt vids on it.

Here's my hair after I styled:Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 Rscn4210

Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 Dscn4210

It's an attempt at protective styling, but I'm not really feeling it. I don't know why its so frizzy- It's usually not like that after henna. I'm starting to think frizz is my hair type.

You are rocking it, girl! You look amazing.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th November 2010, 10:31 am

Stopping by to see the pics, I will check back later.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th November 2010, 5:47 pm

So here are the pics 3 days later...
2 day old twist out
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 Dscn4810
Me & hubby getting ready to go
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 Rscn4510
My puff for the wedding
Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 Rscn4512

It was a very busy weekend. My 10 year old had a birthday party at the skateboard park. I think I grew a couple of new gray hairs worrying about whether I was going to have to explain to somebody's mama how they broke their neck. Thank God, everyone had fun and was safe.

As far as hair goes, I have not washed or wet my hair in a whole week! I think that using products without shea butter has helped keep my hair from feeling sticky & heavy and kept me from having to wash again. The DB/Oyin collabo has kept my hair soft, shiny, fluffy and moisturized. And the pj bug bit again-I ordered & received the sample of Qhemet's Amla and Olive heavy cream which I will be trying in the next few days. I hope you all had a great weekend and are off to a great start for your week.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 12th November 2010, 9:55 pm

These past few days my hair has been twisted up. I did a few flat twist in the front and then twisted the back. I dc'ed with amla powder and JCWDT and a little Giovanni 50:50. Then I stretched my hair over night in large flat twists before I twisted w/ Oyin and DB Vanilla. I also added a little QB amla heavy cream under the stylers to help provide moisture. Even with that, my ends are dry and brittle. I guess they miss my spray bottle.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th November 2010, 10:47 pm

You look great! Congrats. I second what you said about the shea. My hair frowns when shea approaches and it def. lends itself to buildup.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 13th November 2010, 12:27 am

AWWE you guys look cute. Girl i will not get on a pair of skates to save my life. Did you skate? Glad every thing turned out good.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th November 2010, 10:30 am

Hi FM4

That is a very nice picture of you and your hubby! You hair looks so shiny and soft!! Your ends do not look dry at all!!!

Glad your son's skating party went off with no problems. The one and only skating party my oldest son attended he broke his wrist skating. I almost broke my neck trying to get to him when he fell!! **sigh* So glad those days are behind me!!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 15th November 2010, 12:37 pm

Hi FreckledMom! I love those dry twists, I'm still a little bit wary to try them...I don't know why, but since they turned out so well on you I think I may have to try them out.

I also like the protective style you did, but I understand your frustration with frizz! I've just come to accept it. It goes away a bit with protein DC's I've noticed, but I'm not gonna do it every week to see if they completely disappear. :-/

Hope you're having a good start to your Monday!
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th November 2010, 4:27 pm

Hey Freckledmom- just stopped thru and was looking at your hair pics! Your puff is beautiful! Did you do it from a twist out?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th November 2010, 4:55 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:You look great! Congrats. I second what you said about the shea. My hair frowns when shea approaches and it def. lends itself to buildup.

Thanks! The funny thing is the SM Smoothie is the only thing with shea that my hair seems to like.

CrissyQ wrote:AWWE you guys look cute. Girl i will not get on a pair of skates to save my life. Did you skate? Glad every thing turned out good.

If it were a rollerskating party, I would have been rollin' n bouncin, but it was at a skateboard park. I try to stay far away from those.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi FM4

That is a very nice picture of you and your hubby! You hair looks so shiny and soft!! Your ends do not look dry at all!!!

Glad your son's skating party went off with no problems. The one and only skating party my oldest son attended he broke his wrist skating. I almost broke my neck trying to get to him when he fell!! **sigh* So glad those days are behind me!!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

Thanks KHN! Yeah, my hair is funny like that- looks are very deceiving, but I think I have the dryness under control now. My youngest son has a bowling party on Monday, but that should be a little less dangerous.

Treece wrote:Hi FreckledMom! I love those dry twists, I'm still a little bit wary to try them...I don't know why, but since they turned out so well on you I think I may have to try them out.

I also like the protective style you did, but I understand your frustration with frizz! I've just come to accept it. It goes away a bit with protein DC's I've noticed, but I'm not gonna do it every week to see if they completely disappear. :-/

Hope you're having a good start to your Monday!

You should definitely give the dry twists a try. It's a nice change from always having to wet my hair especially since I was sick while I was wearing them. I am learning to accept my frizz as well. Castor oil seems to help control the frizz in my twist outs.

Thanks for stopping by!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th November 2010, 4:57 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Freckledmom- just stopped thru and was looking at your hair pics! Your puff is beautiful! Did you do it from a twist out?

Thank you! Yes, the puff in the picture was from a dry twistout.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th November 2010, 5:10 pm

This week I have been rocking wngs & cowashing daily. I think this has helped to restore moisture back to my dry ends and stop the breakage. I also did a protein condish (Giovanni NutraFix) for strength. No ayurvedics this week Sad unless I count the maka oil pre-poo. I also added the maka oil to my spray bottle mix. I used distilled H2O, Giovanni DLI, castor oil and maka oil. I really like this combo, but I have to work it into my hair. I think that my hair just likes to be watered (so to speak) a couple of times a week. So I think that I will have to alternate between wngs and dry styles for the rest of the fall & winter. I hope to henna before Thanksgiving, but I really don't see that happening.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th November 2010, 5:30 pm

I like that your hair likes to be "watered". I think all hair appreciates a good drink or two! I co-wash every few days myself and my hair appreciates it.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th November 2010, 6:14 pm

You guys looked great for the wedding! Those dry twists were on point!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th November 2010, 6:21 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:I like that your hair likes to be "watered". I think all hair appreciates a good drink or two! I co-wash every few days myself and my hair appreciates it.

lol!

sweetdrk1 wrote:You guys looked great for the wedding! Those dry twists were on point!

Thanks Sweet!

Wow! I can finally multi-quote! Freckledmom4-Loving my hair today!  Pics included - Page 6 678474
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th November 2010, 11:05 pm

I love the dry twist. Your hair looks great.

Newbie question here - Why do you use two products to twist with? Does one not have enough hold?
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th November 2010, 9:45 pm

Hi Renny! I honestly don't know why I use them both. Nubie did it for one of her twist outs and I liked the results so I tried it. The DB is a thick cream and has decent hold by itself, but in my opinion the Burnt Sugar adds shine and helps to combat the frizz. Most importantly, I love catching a whiff of that delicious fragrance every time I turn my head-lol!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 20th November 2010, 10:32 pm

I have a ? too I thought that Burnt Sugar was a humuctant Do u have a problem with it drying ur hair out? I was thinking of buying some but I have problems w/dryness so I bought some UFD Extra Butter & it has helped alot Never thought of using something else to add w/doing my finger coils
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 21st November 2010, 12:24 am

@Sebastian - You know Burnt Sugar is interesting. They call it a humectant, but I read an article about it yesterday on Naturally Curly and I don't see what the humectant is in the ingredients. It's pretty much all oils. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and have had no problems with dryness, in fact my hair is super moist.

Here's a link to the article http://naturallycurly.be/curlreading/curl-products/curlysuzy-curly-hair-qa-can-i-use-oyin-handmade-burnt-sugar-pomade-in-the-winter

and here are the ingredients:

Castor oil, soy wax, organic virgin coconut oil, mango seed oil, olive oil, unrefined hempseed oil, cocoa butter, broccoli seed oil, and fragrance.

In the article they go on to list common humectants and none of the ingredients are on it, so what's the humectant?
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 21st November 2010, 12:29 am

freckledmom4 wrote: The DB is a thick cream and has decent hold by itself, but in my opinion the Burnt Sugar adds shine and helps to combat the frizz.

I have the Darcy's Vanilla. It's very, very thick. I don't know how I'm going to use it. I put it on wet hair once and it was a hot mess. Maybe I'll try mixing it with Burnt Sugar or Coconut oil for some twist. I need to do something with it before it goes bad. I would have never thought of mixing it with something. That's why I love these boards.

I love that Burnt Sugar. I put it in my son's hair everyday and his teachers love it. I put whatever I put in my hair in his and they can't wait to smell his hair. I love you
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next