CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Strand Twist

3 posters

Go down

Two Strand Twist Empty Two Strand Twist

Post by khalii310 12th July 2010, 6:24 pm

So i decides to try something that my mom would do to my hair ALL the time in elem/middle school. The famous two strand twist. I mean, when she would do em back the they would be all fat n juicy like little brown grubs and would b all over the place, when i would take em down i would have a perfectly curly fro... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But now its a diff story. I mean, idk wat happened. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] would put up pics 2 show the disaster but i dnt hava cam, which a good thing or else id be embarassing myself.
But anywho. My twist were so flat and just hung there. They didnt pouf up or anything. My hair texture hasnt changed (that i've noticed) and i still use the same junk in my hair.... a lil conditioner, a tiny bit of oil and water...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What could i possibly be doing wrong?....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] now when i want my curls to just lay there and be flat and unruly they wont. grr!!!
khalii310
khalii310

Back to top Go down

Two Strand Twist Empty Re: Two Strand Twist

Post by thetiffany 13th July 2010, 1:11 am

what size were they? it seems at least for me, my twist need to be on the med-large side to have body, also i get better result when i do them wet. i just use shea butter after washing and conditioning. some pics are on my blog
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhythm&Drama 13th July 2010, 6:06 pm

Maybe try using twist n loc creme on larger twists while damp. Let dry overnight and see what happens. Hope it works out for you. Also one of my favorite things about styling my natural hair is seeing how it responds to different manipulation. Everyday is an adventure LOL!
Rhythm&Drama
Rhythm&Drama

Back to top Go down

Post by khalii310 13th July 2010, 7:08 pm

okay so i like had em like kinda big. n they stayed in over night but when they dried they where jus as blah. but when i took em down my hair was nice n curly [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

so i didthis. i started doin em over but like tiny. like a quarter of the size (like the size i see most ppl with) and dry they were still like kinda flat but it had body. only thing is i got TIRED less than halfway through. and when i got in the shower n washed my hair they pretty much just slipped out anyways

will try again one day when i have the energy to twist my whole darn head... but how 2 get em 2stay wen they get wet is da new question
khalii310
khalii310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down