CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+80
creolebeauty1
cagebird
ajsimmons8
NylaCoils
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
MsVera
CurlyNMixed
FalconTress
DreamMerchant
Zatubi
butterfly3000
BrownSkinDiva
curlyjannah
MicaiahTy
CA*Nappy
QuirkyCurly
ShortNSassie
bholmes87
cutie_curli
luvinlife225
marhia
naturalgirl
naturalchic
EmbracingNaturalMe
Janet36603
priceless
ForeverCurlyCatrina
lovelyloved789
makeupvixen
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
TriniCherryPrincess
PaganWifey
NaturalHairYes2009
aj72crane
dawn1980
Talisa3636
CurlyKye
Carolina Natural
4EverNatural
whereswentz!
ULTIMATELYdriven.
xtremelyperfect
Morshaye
swoodward
Naturalin2010
naturalagain2
KinkyNappyHappy
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Sequoia
cdhar2
ftiffrenee
WhosThatRedHead
Natural-In_Me
lena73
brownsugar09
gigihaitiancurly
Naturalpenny
MissFierce21
elleeccentric
kdenise
Beautifulyfe
jcanalena79
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
CurlsGalore
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
CurlyChefRobin
Niqui36
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
LadyMika
CrissyQ
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
Tinkie
84 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

........ - Page 4 Empty Re: ........

Post by Lynnieluve 7th July 2010, 7:27 pm

I want to get the exact ingredients to see if I notice a difference.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cdhar2 7th July 2010, 11:58 pm

I just tried the leave in and it really does make your hair feel smooth. First I co-washed with Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner and then apply Kimmay's conditioner on dripping wet hair and braided into about 10 braids. I substituted Giovanni Direct Leave-In and Aloe Vera Gel. I will see how it feels in the morning. Next time I want to try it with Yes to Cucumbers condititioner to see if there is a difference.
cdhar2
cdhar2

Back to top Go down

Post by cdhar2 8th July 2010, 11:27 pm

Just wanted to show the results of my braid out with the Kimmaytube leave-in conditioner. My hair has definition and is super soft. I added a little jojoba oil after I took down the dried twists to give my hair some sheen and it looks awesome! I love it!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cdhar2
cdhar2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 9th July 2010, 1:31 am

I tried it tonight using Giovanni Direct, aloe vera gel, and evoo. I applied the leave-in after washing and deep conditioning my hair, and I definitely noticed a difference with my ends as I was braiding up my hair! My ends are usually bushy and I can't braid my hair all the way down, but tonight they were nice and smooth! I'm impressed so far...
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 9th July 2010, 1:36 am

Ok so my first experience wasnt the best. BUT...I didn't give up. I went and bought the aloe juice and used that instead of the gel and what a huge difference. I knew as soon as I stirred it the consistency was the same as in her vid. My curls were super defined when I applied it. Cant wait to see the results when I wake in the morning
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 11th July 2010, 12:06 pm

This concoction is THE BOMB! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I tried it for the first time last night and soft and silky is an UNDERSTATEMENT! I'm not the biggest fan of Knot Today but when mixed with the aloe vera and oils it works sooooo much better for me. I LOVE THIS STUFF [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th July 2010, 1:47 pm

I mixed it together and plan on using it later today. We'll see how it goes.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 11th July 2010, 1:53 pm

I tried it and it didn't do anything special Sad I'm going to try it again and see what happens bc I only bought the Knot Today to try this mixture...if it doesn't work then I'm gonna swap the KT and try it using Giovanni. We'll see! Trial and error is the name in this natural hair game lol
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 11th July 2010, 2:20 pm

Dang It. I was right around the corner from Whole Foods and decided not to go. Im closer to trader joes, but i dont think they sell aloe vera juice. I wanna try this with the real ingredients so off i go. I am so excited.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th July 2010, 2:29 pm

NaturalTina wrote:I tried it and it didn't do anything special Sad I'm going to try it again and see what happens bc I only bought the Knot Today to try this mixture...if it doesn't work then I'm gonna swap the KT and try it using Giovanni. We'll see! Trial and error is the name in this natural hair game lol

I triple co sign with you on the trial and error part...
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th July 2010, 2:41 pm

NaturalTina wrote:I tried it and it didn't do anything special Sad I'm going to try it again and see what happens bc I only bought the Knot Today to try this mixture...if it doesn't work then I'm gonna swap the KT and try it using Giovanni. We'll see! Trial and error is the name in this natural hair game lol

Natural Tina I tried this with a different leave-in today because the KCKT is not moisturizing enough for me. I only really use it as a detangler. I tried the the mixture with my Darcy's Botanical leave-in and liked it better. I have another leave-in that I want to try it with also.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 11th July 2010, 3:37 pm

OK so I am hooked... My hair is uber soft!!! It smells great!!! I just love it and can't stress it enough... Only down fall is I can't keep my hands out of my hair lol
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 11th July 2010, 3:56 pm

Beautifulyfe wrote:OK so I am hooked... My hair is uber soft!!! It smells great!!! I just love it and can't stress it enough... Only down fall is I can't keep my hands out of my hair lol

lol! i know exactly what you mean. I'm suffering from chronic hand in hair syndrome! I added a few drops of citronella and sweet orange essential oils..omg, the smell is intoxicating [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by cdhar2 11th July 2010, 4:39 pm

I tried it with the Yes to Cucumbers conditioner, the regular, not the leave-in, because the ingredients are exactly the same and I am absolutely loving the results even more than I did with the Giovanni Direct Leave-In.

My hair feels and looks awesome!!
cdhar2
cdhar2

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 11th July 2010, 5:03 pm

My twists feel so silky and smooth. No frizz at all! I used her exact ingredients for the 2nd time and I'm sold on it! Kimmaytube is genius and this leave-in is awesome!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th July 2010, 6:47 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:My twists feel so silky and smooth. No frizz at all! I used her exact ingredients for the 2nd time and I'm sold on it! Kimmaytube is genius and this leave-in is awesome!!!

I have to get the exact ingredients to see the difference.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 11th July 2010, 7:04 pm

I went to whole foods and got all of the ingredients,( all i needed was the AVJ, but since i was low on the KCKT and Jojoba oil i got that as well) It took for me to travel to two different WF cuz the first on didnt have the KCKT.

Anyhoot, im sitting under the dryer now with Trader Joe Tea Tree Conditioner. 1st time using it. Not sure if i like it, it def on the thicker side so i dont see myself using it as a leave in. Ill see. I also used the shampoo and my hair felt a bit stripped. Either that or since i usually only cowash ive forgotten how my hair feels with shampoo. OK i digress. Ive mixed up my mixture from Kimmytube and it sitting in the fridge. I so hopeful for a good result. To be continued.,..
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th July 2010, 7:07 pm

cdhar2 wrote:I tried it with the Yes to Cucumbers conditioner, the regular, not the leave-in, because the ingredients are exactly the same and I am absolutely loving the results even more than I did with the Giovanni Direct Leave-In.

My hair feels and looks awesome!!

That sounds good. I may have to get the YTC leave in and try the mix. Not sure about using the regular YTCucumbers as a leave in. My hair likes YTCucumbers too so I hope my results will be just as good as I get with the mix using the KC KT.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 11th July 2010, 7:14 pm

krazycoils I may have to do like you and try it with another leave in conditioner because the knot today isn't doing it for me moisture wise. Even when I used the kt by itself the results were less than stellar smh

So i tried the mixture again a few hours ago and think I'm going to swap the KT bc my hair isn't feeling super moisturized like some of you ladies described Sad...and on my next co wash/shampoo day I will substitute the Giovanni and see if that works better for Lola
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by cdhar2 11th July 2010, 10:48 pm

@DvaAuNaturel

I usually don't use regular conditioners as leave-ins either, but the Yes to Cucumbers Leave In has the exact same ingredients (the last few ingredients are just switched around) as the Yes to Cucumbers regular conditioner, yet the leave-in costs $4 more for 8 ounces and the regular condish is 16 ounces. Yikes!! The leave-in is a total rip-off.
cdhar2
cdhar2

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th July 2010, 11:43 pm

So after reading this thread and the large response on CSJ I tried Kimmaytube leave-in conditioner. I used the ingredients that she used and can I say AWESOME results. I also tried a new conditioning mask from butters~n~bars so between the two my hair feels as strong as iron!! (if that makes sense)

I'm sold and will add this leave-in to my regiment!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 12th July 2010, 10:21 am

Ok. I tried the leave in by Kimmaytube and i think i am in love. My hair has never had this type of sheen. I assuming it has most to do with the LI although i did deep condition before hand. also on tope of the LI i used KBB hair butter and my eco-styler to set my twists. IDK if i needed all of that but i decided to use it anyways. My hair is not greasy feeling at all and my twist are just laying beautifully. The only think i wish i'd done was make bigger twists, but i am still learning how to style so just having twist that i could wear out to work Im going to be happy with that. This is a keeper and i will experiment with other conditioners too.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalagain2 12th July 2010, 1:26 pm

I use it in a spray bottle for my twist (I just add extra water). For my base leave in ingredient I use Oyin Honey Hemp conditoner/leave-in and add my little mixture of oils (I keep in a separate spout bottle) which includes JBCO, EVOO, and jojoba oil. Then I add the aloe vera gel (liquid from vitamin shoppe). It's been one week and my twist are extra soft!! I love it! I can't wait to see how my twist out will look when I untwist them this weekend. Now I have a homemade twisting spray. This will save me alot of money and stretch my leave-in conditioners!

naturalagain2

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th July 2010, 1:52 pm

I tried it last night after my shower and I liked it!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 12th July 2010, 4:21 pm

naturalagain2 wrote:I use it in a spray bottle for my twist (I just add extra water). For my base leave in ingredient I use Oyin Honey Hemp conditoner/leave-in and add my little mixture of oils (I keep in a separate spout bottle) which includes JBCO, EVOO, and jojoba oil. Then I add the aloe vera gel (liquid from vitamin shoppe). It's been one week and my twist are extra soft!! I love it! I can't wait to see how my twist out will look when I untwist them this weekend. Now I have a homemade twisting spray. This will save me alot of money and stretch my leave-in conditioners!

Where did you find your aloe vera juice and have you bought any of the Giovanni Direct Leave in Conditioner. I don't where I can find the conditioner. I tried Walmart, CVS, Rite-Aid. Since we don't have a Whole Foods, where do you go to get some of the products on the site? When you say vitamin shoppe, are you talking about "The Vitamin Shoppe"? That's where I bought my coconut oil, so I'll probably go back.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum