CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+80
creolebeauty1
cagebird
ajsimmons8
NylaCoils
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
MsVera
CurlyNMixed
FalconTress
DreamMerchant
Zatubi
butterfly3000
BrownSkinDiva
curlyjannah
MicaiahTy
CA*Nappy
QuirkyCurly
ShortNSassie
bholmes87
cutie_curli
luvinlife225
marhia
naturalgirl
naturalchic
EmbracingNaturalMe
Janet36603
priceless
ForeverCurlyCatrina
lovelyloved789
makeupvixen
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
TriniCherryPrincess
PaganWifey
NaturalHairYes2009
aj72crane
dawn1980
Talisa3636
CurlyKye
Carolina Natural
4EverNatural
whereswentz!
ULTIMATELYdriven.
xtremelyperfect
Morshaye
swoodward
Naturalin2010
naturalagain2
KinkyNappyHappy
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Sequoia
cdhar2
ftiffrenee
WhosThatRedHead
Natural-In_Me
lena73
brownsugar09
gigihaitiancurly
Naturalpenny
MissFierce21
elleeccentric
kdenise
Beautifulyfe
jcanalena79
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
CurlsGalore
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
CurlyChefRobin
Niqui36
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
LadyMika
CrissyQ
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
Tinkie
84 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

........ - Page 5 Empty Re: ........

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th July 2010, 5:04 pm

@ Naturalin... you should be able to get it (AV Juice) at any natural foods store.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 12th July 2010, 9:28 pm

Do you use a styler with this (KCCC or Ecostyler) with this to twist your hair? The majority of my hair is still relaxed. Friday, I'm going to get my AVJ and KCKT!!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 13th July 2010, 12:19 am

@Naturalin I got mine from "The Vitamin Shoppe"
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 13th July 2010, 10:51 pm

Oh my.... I went to make up another batch and realized I used the wrong size measuring spoons [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ! So I made the new bacth with the CORRECT amounts and my hair feels even better!!lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 13th July 2010, 11:52 pm

I can't wait to try this!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 14th July 2010, 12:23 am

TRY IT!! YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 14th July 2010, 11:28 pm

I tried it the other day, but I used Yes to Cucumbers conditioner and, and coconut oil in place of castor oil. My hair came out very soft. I didn't like the smell of my hair though, it was really strong. But that went away in a day or two. I'll use it again, but I'll try it with the castor oil next time.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 15th July 2010, 9:58 pm

Oh my!! I am so excited! Tomorrow is PAY DAY and I can get my KCKT and my Aloe Vera juice to make this. I can't wait!!! I think I'm going to pick up some KCCC. Do you all prefer that or the Eco Styler Gel? I need something with good hold for all these relaxed ends.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 15th July 2010, 10:46 pm

CCR, this will close your cuticle and smooth your hair. I think you would be able to use the eco styler over it. I have only used it but I think I have a feeling I'll be using this ALL THE TIME!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 16th July 2010, 5:23 pm

CCR - I LOVE IT!!! :-)

I bought my aloe vera juice and KCKT! YEAH!!!! I think I will try it without the eco-styler. I didn't buy it because it has protein and I've learned that I shouldn't leave protein in my hair. I just couldn't afford the KCCC as well as the leave-in and Aloe Vera juice. $30 is steep!!!

Did you find that you had good hold without any additional styler? I just worry because of my relaxed ends. I try to get Day 3 hair if I can.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 16th July 2010, 11:02 pm

I just can't master the gel thing anyway. DvaAuNatural and a few other ladies use an ecostyler mix to great effect. Maybe we should try together next buying cycle and share notes?

Do you have any shea butter on hand? To be honest, my most dependable styler is the KCCC. Moisture holds my hair best. $$$!

I plan on trying this next week:
shampoo and condition
kimmaytube's leave in
sheaaloe mix. (equal parts softened but solid 100% shea butter and aloe vera juice. I tried 1/4 cup of each my first time out. Whip with a fork until combined and smooth.)

you already have the aloe so if you have shea you don't need anything else. Let me know...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 17th July 2010, 2:00 am

Ohhhh, Shea butter. I haven't tried it but I have very dry hair and I may want to try it. I'm going to try styling with the Kimmaytube mixture tonight and see what type of hold I get for tomorrow. Do you think the Shea will work on my relaxed ends? Also, YES I have tons of Aloe Vera Juice. The bottle was HUGE! I'll get the KCCC next pay check. My amounts were getting awfully high at Whole Food today. :-)
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 17th July 2010, 9:01 am

Had to add this! Tried the KT Mix - Woke up and my twists aren't dry but the back of my hair where it's mainly natural feels VERY soft and I like that. Now, I hope this holds because I didn't use a styler. I may have to break down and buy the KCCC this pay but I try not to spend more than $30 a check. I still need to buy food! LOL! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 17th July 2010, 9:45 am

just wanted to give my two cents lol! so i use this as my leave in and it's awesome. my hair is super soft for days. i have used it under a wash n go with KCCC and I recently used it for twists and twisted with Afroveda Ginger Almond Butter. The same results for both: soft, moisturized hair. I just gave myself my first trim in 7 months so I know this new found leave in will definitely help keep them smooth.

If you haven't tried it yet what are you waiting for? Razz
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ULTIMATELYdriven. 17th July 2010, 5:47 pm

my hair and i loved it. i used the giovanni leave in conditioner, olive oil, coconut oil and aloe vera jelly and it worked tremendously. i couldn't get the sides of my head to get soft since my BC, and pretty much on instant my hair became pillow-like. Smile
ULTIMATELYdriven.
ULTIMATELYdriven.

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 17th July 2010, 6:05 pm

wow, sounds like the mix works for a lot of ladies! I know I love it!!!

CCR, to start, think of shea as a sealant - an alternative to seal moisture into your hair. A little goes a very long way. I tried a little warmed in my hands and lightly ran it over my relaxed ends while I was transitioning. Your roots will love it. Don't overdo and don't depend on it as a moisturizer. I like the aloe vera juice mixed with shea because that adds moisture to the shea, and the shea seals in the moisture from the aloe.

You should find pretty soon that you favor a few products and right now you are building your basics. Less is often more with product. Now that I am using Kimmaytube's leave in, I feel like I can take my time and slow down on the product hunts. Honestly it sounds like you are doing great!

Last edited by swoodward on 17th July 2010, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a line)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 17th July 2010, 6:47 pm

Okay, I made a batch of this earlier today and tried it. My hair is definitely soft, but how do I not get all of the product showing on my hair. Granted,I did not have to go anywhere, but still. Here is what I used. Can you all let me know what I could have done different. I used the Giovanni leave in and mixed according to instructions. Does this make 1 batch? It seemed too much to put in my hair so I didn't use all of it. After I put that in, I put in my Shea Moisture Curl Milk, a little aloe vera gel with a little jojoba oil mixed. How do you put it in your hair with the WnG? Do you rub it in, massaging your scalp, or just rubbing it on the hair. I'm slowly learning.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 17th July 2010, 6:52 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:Okay, I made a batch of this earlier today and tried it. My hair is definitely soft, but how do I not get all of the product showing on my hair. Granted,I did not have to go anywhere, but still. Here is what I used. Can you all let me know what I could have done different. I used the Giovanni leave in and mixed according to instructions. Does this make 1 batch? It seemed too much to put in my hair so I didn't use all of it. After I put that in, I put in my Shea Moisture Curl Milk, a little aloe vera gel with a little jojoba oil mixed. How do you put it in your hair with the WnG? Do you rub it in, massaging your scalp, or just rubbing it on the hair. I'm slowly learning.

I made a batch earlier this week and I still have a lot left over. I have a TWA and a little goes a long way! Maybe you put too much in? In her video she says it lasts her a few days and she has TONS of hair.

After I use the LI I put in some Kinky Curly Curling Custard for curl definition and some Vatika oil to seal in my moisture.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by whereswentz! 17th July 2010, 7:18 pm

I mixed together Trader Joe's Citrus Conditioner, aloe vera gel and jojoba oil and it worked great [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Whenever I co-washed, then added oil after, the oil always just sat on top of my hair. Who knew mixing everything together would be the answer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !

whereswentz!

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 17th July 2010, 8:21 pm

whereswentz! wrote:I mixed together Trader Joe's Citrus Conditioner, aloe vera gel and jojoba oil and it worked great [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Whenever I co-washed, then added oil after, the oil always just sat on top of my hair. Who knew mixing everything together would be the answer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !

That happened to me one day also. Instead of mixing my EVOO with the gel, I put it on afterwards and I'd wonder why my hair was so oily. It was just sitting on top of my head, not being absorbed.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 17th July 2010, 11:19 pm

Swoodward - So, how about I LOVE this mixture. The hold is pretty good and my hair is so soft!!! I can barely keep my hands out of it. Tomorrow will be the test on the hold. Hopefully I will have good hair for church tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think I will try the shea butter as well.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 18th July 2010, 6:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Help Me....I mixed a batch of the leave in and used it under my wash n go before applying KCCC. When my hair dried it was white [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I used the following: KCNT,Aloe Vera Gel, Lisa's Hair Elixer, and castor oil.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th July 2010, 7:11 pm

What's Lisa's Hair elixer?
And I would suggest using the Aloe Vera juice instead of gel.

Plus a little goes a long way with this stuff
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 18th July 2010, 8:30 pm

4EverNatural wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Help Me....I mixed a batch of the leave in and used it under my wash n go before applying KCCC. When my hair dried it was white [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I used the following: KCNT,Aloe Vera Gel, Lisa's Hair Elixer, and castor oil.

The Lisa's hair elixir could have contributed to the white hair. Next time only use one other oil with the castor oil since there is more than one oil mixed in the hair elixir.

WhosThatRedHead wrote:What's Lisa's Hair elixer?
And I would suggest using the Aloe Vera juice instead of gel.

Plus a little goes a long way with this stuff

Lisa's Hair Elixer is a Carol's Daughter product. Its been a while since I used it but I think it has a lot of different oils mixed in it.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 18th July 2010, 10:10 pm

Ok, Day 2 after using the KT Mix is AWESOME!!! Even with the humidity my hair is very soft and the curls held beautifully.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum