CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+69
neethair
Karyn
KeetaRay
j. kinky
dajewel
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
Treece
SheeTacular
Thinice
Happy2B
Hurricane Curly
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
Cherry: extraordinary!
KeAnia
TriniCherryPrincess
cyclingchick
mstokes2008
freckledmom4
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
CocoEuro
wyldhoney
ktoliver5303
carfi366
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
Buttercup76
curlsunfurled
nattyblog
missmoriah
Mom2KurlyT
jamaicacurl
FemmeFox
LadyMika
LaToya28
xtremelyperfect
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
BlondeByDesire
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
iri9109
mrsmackey
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
curly-me-naturally
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
priceless
KinkyNappyHappy
73 posters

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 20 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by NubieNatty 18th September 2010, 2:49 am

@chrs; yes i need to hit u up!!

@keke-DONT DO IT!!! put the bank card dooooown!!

my hair is still in my updo which is starting to look a drag Neutral but im holdin on to it for dear life cuz its so easy breezy!! i just literally wake up, spritz, pat it down n roll. i got lazy w/my spritz n just made a quick one w/water, vatika frosting and pooka nectar. my hair is still uberly soft and i keep unravelin this ONE piece in the back to play in it, lol.

i'll probably take it down tomorrow to rock it out but keep it twisted up again til further notice. im tryin to stretch my wash day so i just wanna keep my scalp clean for another good week. im tryin to do whatever possible to squuuuueeze out my last little bit of growth for sept 30th afro
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 18th September 2010, 12:57 pm

So yea, I haven't been here in a while. LOL. I love your updo! And that mask sounds interested, is DB "Darcy's Botanicals"? I'll probably look up more info on it, the last time I tried a mask (The Shea Moisture one) I wasn't impressed at all.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 18th September 2010, 8:51 pm

Hey Nubie!!! What's up Girl!! I know, Precious and I have been out of commision for awhile. Been VERY busy with work and school. But anyway - CONGRATULATIONS on home ownership, the writing deal, the new job, Mason going back to school, (did i leave anything out?!) Sounds like a lot has been going on with you too! I must say, since the BC, I am really loving Precious! She seems to be doing really well and although it has only been 5 weeks - she seems to be prospering already. Very Happy I really am Fabulous at 50 now!! I love the wash n go's! Haven't tried to many styles yet. i usually twist her up at night. Last night i was even able to cornrow her all over - yippee!!!! haven't quite gotten the hang of the flat twists though and can't quite get a decent bantu knot yet (i think because my nails keep getting in the way!!) But i am really enjoying Precious. I find that i don't wear headbands much because i always feel like they make me look like an old woman tryng to act like a teenager. So even though i have bought lots of headbands, i haven't really worn too many. i do find that i have a new obsession with earrings!! Even MStokes mentioned that i have more earrings than her now. By the way i love the earrings that you rock all the time. where do you shop for them? Anyway i'm gonna go now nd check out your new blog! I will try to pop back in soon. Again Congratulations on all your accomplishments and your hair is looking awesome!!!
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th September 2010, 10:47 am

Hey Nubie, just dropping by to say hi. I saw your avi again on another thread and was thinking how thick and shiny your curls look. Is your hair naturally so dark? I'm envious! Anyway, I'm a little curious about the vatika frosting. What is that for?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th September 2010, 2:38 pm

Hey Nub, I love the blog, I have you on my iPad blogshelf! Love the pic of the prince all peaceful like!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th September 2010, 4:06 pm

I've been following your blog...girl you got me cracking up first thing in the morning.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th September 2010, 4:23 pm

Thanks to you I'm trying out Tui Smoothie...lawd will my PJ ever die?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st September 2010, 8:52 pm

Hey laydeez!! i always miss u guys and ive been enjoyin this bloggin stuff to get some random crap off my chest...speakin of random:

Do u ever drive singing and u be all into the tune when a car pulls up next to u, while ur sittin there kinda embarassed u grab ur cell like ur on the phone or somethin totally off to NOT look so crazy????

or u know when u riding in traffic and its always that ONE car that doesnt want to let u in Mad do u ever wonder if their just jealous cuz ur car is better than theirs or cuz u look better than them?

anyhoo, so i forgot to mention the other day...my burnt sugar n DB vanilla had my hair TOOOOO moisturized

nubienatty - Page 20 Dbup410

yall probably cant even tell but i was NOT feelin my twistout Neutral it was just too perfect, like...perm perfect and greasy! i hate when its just too good lookin cuz i like some form of messiness ya know! but i tried to make it work. i dry twisted that night...

nubienatty - Page 20 Dbup510

and it came out a tad bit better to my liking! i havent retwisted yet so it can get bigger n bigger!!

nubienatty - Page 20 Dbup610

I will say, even as the greasiness goes away, bianca is still soft as ever and its not greasy but still moisturized where all i need to do is just spritz, fluff n go!! im thinkin wit the combo of mixin my spritz mix which contains: vatika frosting, water, amla oil and pooka nectar; has also kept it soft Cool

Update on my home...everything is coming along quite well. if yall checked my blog out i wrote a small piece on Simple Pleasures which are just blessings in disguise that we tend to overlook or not pay attn to. I had bought this polka dot vicky secret bra (WITH my free panty coupon) and i got the matchin draws just to treat myself right...SN: i never really cared to get into the matchin panty n draws til recently cuz it just never seemed important to me; anyhoo, i had lost the bra n was soooo secretly mad becuz i felt like i didnt wanna wear the drawz without the bra Rolling Eyes i know it sounds simple but i looked EVERYWHERE for this dmn bra. im thinkin maybe i left it at my dads, in one of my wknd bags or hmmm maybe i even left it with a mystery man Wink oooow!! NOTHING!!

well, when i was unpackin last week, i was cleanin out luggage and VOILA!! i found it bounce i was soooo siced n had the biggest cheese on my face, those simple pleasures make such a difference in brightning up my day! ok so i just said that to say....i moved into my home with my savings down to basically nothing becuz i put everythin into movin, i gave up what little i had, $800, for closing cuz u gotta invest but so much even when the seller is payin closing....and im in my empty little home with my bedroom set.

u know how excited u get in a new place u want everything to be perfect n rush to get everything at one time, here i am about to splurge with money i DONT have to furnish my place when i realized....whats the point of sittin on a new couch n watchin tv with an empty fridge? Idea i just told myself, im gonna let everything fall into place when needed and not rush into things. im always at work anywayz n im just happy to have a roof over my head when many dont. im blessed to even be able to sleep on a comfy bed when many have cardboard. Things always work out when i stop stressing n let God do his thang....this battles not mine so i realized, if it takes me 6 months for furniture, its all good cuz im not starving and i know i'll be taken care of....again im rambling...BUT

i budgeted for a certain amount on my check for when i get paid, and i open it up.... affraid i got a raise WITH retro pay!!! god is soooo good all the time, and all the time god is good. im thinkin...wow...i can get my couch, tv and groceries but i wont! my TV i WILL get and definitely groceries (with coupons...mmmm k) but i still wanna save up for my sectional to pay IN FULL (i hate owing folks) and still be patient. anytime im in a rut thinkin "how am i gonna do this or pay that" i let it go n look back wondering "how did i manage to do this or pay that" and just look up n smile Cool

My dog, Chea Monet is enjoyin all the extra space n green to roam around in, she helps me get my exercise in...
nubienatty - Page 20 Dbup310

Smooches, i gotta play catchup now...
nubienatty - Page 20 Dbupdo10
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd September 2010, 3:22 pm

Hey Nubie! Your hair has grown so much and is looking fab! I'm following (and loving) your blog as well Smile

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd September 2010, 4:19 pm

Hey Nubie,

I'm trying to follow your blog - but when I get to your page and it fully loads it takes me out to a "Google" page and something having to do with FaceBook?

I'm at a lost as to what is causing this.

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd September 2010, 9:16 pm

awww thanx laydeez!! @blonde; i see that ur following cuz i seen ur lil puff in the block, lol soooo i dont know what the deal is Neutral

UGH!! im feelin so horrible n i dont know if its allergies or im coming down wit a cold, either way wit the weather bein in the 90's this week im NOT feelin it No hopefully i can get better for my shin dig on Sat night, which im sure i'll have plenty of pics for. surprisingly, Bianca is still feeling strong n luxurious even though i havent retwisted in the past few days. i still havent decided what i wanna do with my hair for Sat night, but im thinkin of havin my wash day and twisting up using eco gel w/ oyin HH condish wit a LITTLE burnt sugar on my ends. i might ATTEMPT a pompadour but uh...yea EEEK!! im scared Embarassed

Sooo yesterday, crazy me locked myself out while walkin my dog affraid
OMG!!! back in my renting days of course u just go to maintenance n they open it wit a key but uh...yea as a homeowner...NO!! as of now, i do have one person who has an extra set of keys but oh wait...let me call her... pale uh....yea i left my phone IN THE HOUSE!! and who memorizes numbers these days **sigh** long story short, i tried to break into my own home usin a butter knife cuz it was only the bottom lock wit no luck! i went to the front office and luckily we do have maintenance on the scene who helped me...THANX LUIS!! Very Happy that couldve went terribly ugly esp when u add the cost to a locksmith which was NOT an option for me!!

nubienatty - Page 20 Dbup710

that was me being relieved and also hot n sweaty from walkin my dog!!

So ok, does anyone still watch Top Model? well i do even though the girls now SUCK and dont give me fierceness **snaps** but why did the chez whitey girl get an attitude n start crying when she thought her makeover would consist of a blonde AFRO Suspect

**calling Rev. Al Sharpton**
afro THE REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd September 2010, 12:16 am

I LOVE your Avi! Thank goodness you got back in!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 23rd September 2010, 4:19 am

Hey Nubie! That's crazy about you getting locked out! And with the dog with you.. *sadness* I'm gonna watch this foolishness on ANTM.. I've already heard there was a natural who got permed also? SMH...
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd September 2010, 9:55 am

Wow, Nubie - glad help was nearby. I love your stories.

I agree with you as well - all things come in time. Don't stress the small stuff. I know, I stress over the least little thing to the point where I make myself sick. I know I need to stop and take my own advice but I can't help it. God is good and always see us thru the difficult times. Right now I'm praying to him about our transition to a new state, new people and new obstacles we will endure. This is a new chapter for us and hopefully a better and more fulfilling one - as is for you and your new home.

Keep the faith ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd September 2010, 5:02 pm

hey chica

Just stopping by to say hi. Just realized that i have not been over here in a min. I love the nails but i would be in such violation with my job if i got it. I see the up do hair getting long missy. I try not to come over here to much cause yeah you be having a sister buying new products that i know i have no room for. I been tell ing myself to go ahead and finish the ones that i have first before i and go to other products.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 23rd September 2010, 6:24 pm

Hey Nubie!

Congrats again on being a homeowner. I had to laugh out loud at you locking yourself out. I've done it at home a couple times. I've learned how to break in lol *secretly hoping no one was watching while I was breaking into my own house* Hahaha

The hair is looking great and I also read your post on your blog with the pic of your son sleeping, can I say awwww! So precious!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 23rd September 2010, 6:29 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Hey Nubie!

Congrats again on being a homeowner. I had to laugh out loud at you locking yourself out. I've done it at home a couple times. I've learned how to break in lol *secretly hoping no one was watching while I was breaking into my own house* Hahaha

The hair is looking great and I also read your post on your blog with the pic of your son sleeping, can I say awwww! So precious!

when i forgot my keys and no1 was home i used to break into my old house all the time lol but it was thru the front porch and i was always scared someone would see me and then try to do it when no1 was home lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 23rd September 2010, 8:28 pm

I'm sorry to hear about you being locked out. I did the same thing Sunday. My sister and I both went out with my younger sister and mother and left keys. Girl, that's when I miss my apt. and being able to call maintenance. And get this, the spare keys I gave my mom didn't work. I forgot I had my locks changed and never gave her a new key. Stupid me! Anyway, I called my other maintenance man - my stepdad. He's always to our rescue. He broke off the lock on our door and helped us install a new one. I just did not/could not call a locksmith; they are expensive - especially on a Sunday afternoon.

I need to meet up w/you so my Kizzy can play with Chea Monet, if your're dog is still up to playing. My other dog didn't like it so much as he got older. I'd really like to get a dog park in this area but think the timing is bad. Our officials have other priorities. Maybe when the economy starts to improve a little.

Anyway, your pinup style is so cute. It looks great on you. Your hair is really growing too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd September 2010, 10:03 pm

I am ENJOYING the blog!!!! Now why did you wait so looooonnnng to start it? nubienatty - Page 20 Icon_scratch
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 24th September 2010, 9:57 am

Hey Nubie, I can't find your blog. Please tell me how to get to it!!! confused
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 27th September 2010, 12:09 am

Nubie

I used the Tui leave in conditioner and loved it. I haven't used any other items in the line but I really love that one. I like it better then her other products because it doesn't have the crazy smell.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th September 2010, 5:13 am

Hey Nubie...

So if I'm correct today Monday, September 27th is your 1 year anniversary...Right? Well if that's the case

woot! Congratulations girl!!! Getting locked out is no fun....how we have opposite problem over here...Xander has a bad habit of leaving the key hanging in the burglar bars!! You know...HEY EVERYBODY JUST COME ON IN!!!

Your dog is too cute!!! I read your blog from work, and I must say it is very entertaining.. I LOVE IT!!

Have a great week

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 27th September 2010, 4:58 pm

Happy Nappyversay Nubbie!!!!!
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th September 2010, 5:41 pm

Hey laydeez!! i got a maaaajor headache now and ive been sick im sure wit a cold since last week. i hate havin to sleep wit my mouth open cuz im so congested **cue KNH hot oj** im at the stage where the flem gets coughed up n u try to spit it out but u dmn near choke so u swallow it KNOWIN its gonna come back up all over again No (that was visually nasty, lol)

anyhoo, i did manage the strength to go to my girls shin dig on sat night n had a GREAT time. i didnt know how i wanted to wear my hair so i just did a quick wash n go and i PLANNED to just twist on dry hair....umm yea that didnt work as i got lazy Rolling Eyes and i was so upset from all the sheddin that i had

nubienatty - Page 20 Ladyle10

UGH!! i was upset, i had been puttin my protein treatments on hold and as usual i just waited til the LAST minute! i slathered on my hairveda acai berry condish n let it sit for a few hours n rinse out to some pretttttty soft n luscious tresses!

i rocked my fro out but Sat afternoon before i got dressed i just did some chunky twist

nubienatty - Page 20 Ladyle11

Then i got dressed n turned on the **snaps** fierce!!

nubienatty - Page 20 Ladyle12

nubienatty - Page 20 Ladyle13

i wont go through all the pics cuz i posted it on my blog Very Happy and u know what lynnie, i dont know what took me so long to start it. im just glad yall enjoy my crazy trains of thoughts n vents!! i can use yall as my therapy sessions to listen to my rants!

oh and thanx guyz but my official anniversary is Sept. 30th woot! and im sooooo excited. i still have NO idea how im gonna celebrate it but umm we'll see what i come up with. i keep building myself up to think i can flat iron it myself but Suspect i dont know! its so funny cuz the same stylist responsible for my amber rose is now in her 7th month of transitioning. YUP!! and i need to call n clown her cuz she was the one sayin "i cant go natural becuz....blah blah blah" all of my friends who've been with me from the very beginning are loving the outcome of what a year has brought me.

i do know, once i skim my products list down to my MUST HAVES, everything else will go!! i even realized im officially givin up my gio TTT poo n condish cuz i used it last week n it burned the shhhhhyt outta my dmn eyeballs affraid dmn that!! my main top 3 poo's EEEK....i cant reveal my list...SHHHHHH!!! but just know if its not on my list i gotta make room. i just need to use up whatever i have to downsize and also make room for later on down the line. bein a PJ was fun while it lasted but its really just costly and now i look at my stash n cant even begin to use up a whole jar of anything becuz i still just wash once a week and now that its gettin cooler i wanna just keep it braided up n out the way. Of course all of my friends are clammerin n waitin for me to give up my products as if im throwin the bouquet at my wedding or something Razz

i'll keep yall posted first Wink
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th September 2010, 5:58 pm

That chunky twist out is HOT. You look like your were having fun-stuffy head and all. You should have had the bartender make you a hot toddy to clear your head-lol. Hope you feel better soon.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next