CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+69
neethair
Karyn
KeetaRay
j. kinky
dajewel
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Freestyles
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
Treece
SheeTacular
Thinice
Happy2B
Hurricane Curly
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
Cherry: extraordinary!
KeAnia
TriniCherryPrincess
cyclingchick
mstokes2008
freckledmom4
WhosThatRedHead
Fabulousat50
CocoEuro
wyldhoney
ktoliver5303
carfi366
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
Buttercup76
curlsunfurled
nattyblog
missmoriah
Mom2KurlyT
jamaicacurl
FemmeFox
LadyMika
LaToya28
xtremelyperfect
sweetdrk1
TheRYL1
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
BlondeByDesire
Notthecoolmom
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
iri9109
mrsmackey
Muz
Juices-n-Berries
coilykinks
curly-me-naturally
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
jlowman1
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
krazy coils
NubieNatty
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
priceless
KinkyNappyHappy
73 posters

Page 19 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 19 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by iri9109 10th September 2010, 9:28 am

i like ur blog!!! i'll def be checking it often...n i read that u like sunglasses....hautelook (which u put me on to) has been haven some really good sunglasses sales...a couple weeks ago they had fendi glasses that used to me 800 something for like 70 or 80...thats still to much for me lol but it is a steal...and now they have betsey johnson glasses starting at like $22...i put 3 pairs in my cart but i didnt end up getting them b/c i had better things to buy for now lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th September 2010, 10:47 am

Nubie! I joined your blog
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th September 2010, 8:24 am

awww thanx for the blog love guys I love you there will be stuff that i wont post there but here only becuz u guys understand my hair lingo more (if that makes sense) but like crissy says...its quite fun! plus i always got or find stuff to talk about Razz

if yall are not apart of the natural nail challenge thread CHECK IT OUT!! its actually forced me to take better care of my nails, plus its fun to try out designs n etc.

nubienatty - Page 19 Nails11

nubienatty - Page 19 Nails12

and i forgot to post my pics from the other day. i got tired of wearing it out and i knew i'd be in trouble cuz i didnt retwist at night. i just left it out so i already KNEW detangling on wash day would be a nightmare No so i was able to make some "soufeast" (SE, the dmv curlies know what i mean) ponytails.

nubienatty - Page 19 Soufea10

nubienatty - Page 19 Soufea12

last night i FINALLY got around to using my DB mask. i was in need of the works so i started out w/ spraying my scalp w/kbn growth rinse which is basically the acv mix. my hair is so sooooft after using it. i know some people like to use it after they poo but i prefer to do it BEFORE!! i had mixed some jasmine n amla gold oil w/a few drops of dr. b soap in my applicator bottle becuz my scalp was horrendous. as im in the shower applying it and letting it marinade in my scalp (i used my scalp massager brush) drops of the mix trickled in my eye affraid my eye was on FIIIIIIIRE!!! as i was rinsing it out all i could think of was how i was gonna have to walk around looking like slick rick pirat

since i was too busy tryin to save my eye, i did NOT detangle and the middle of my head was so matted and i knew i was gonna get frustrated. i got out n applied the db mask and i must say...i was INSTANTLY impressed. i wasnt heavy handed becuz im learning it doesnt take much to get the job done. normally i slather it on like a perm (old tricks die hard) but i literally swiped my fingers across the top n applied it to sections. it detangled by itself...basically the same way my QB detangling ghee does. Very Happy i was so happy that it made detangling MUCH easier than expected. i didnt even need to use a comb. i used my fingers and yes i had some knots falling (im in such a need of a protein treatment) but i twisted n covered it up with a shower cap n placed my turban over it.

i had so much goin on that day n running around that i just said...i'll rinse it out later n twist it up! im gonna keep it in a PS til my anniversary on the 30th, plus im so busy running around that i havent had time to pay extra attention to my poor little bianca so i dont want her to keep suffering from my slack!

well....rinsing the db out last night didnt work becuz i was soooo tired plus i had to get up early for work this morning so YES!! im still sitting here wit my turban on w/the shower cap under wraps. im debating if i just wanna wash my hair while at work n twist it up (so ghetto, i knw Neutral ) but when i DO rinse it out, im gonna use the coconut lemongrass transitiong creme (love this stuff so much i MIGHT just upgrade to a full size) as my leave-in n style w/the maddy vanilla. stay tuned for that one, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th September 2010, 6:32 pm

Nubie... Why did I wake up singing "There goes my bangs b!tch"??? Embarassed
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 12th September 2010, 7:22 am

NubieNatty wrote:knh, lol will do! u are the reason why im scared to even attempt to clip my ends. i wanna do it myself but i know its gonna be hard when i try to get to the back Crying or Very sad

chrs; yes i TOTALLY agree! ur not too far off either missy!

Thanx laydeez! this home thing...woooo; i wish i could just wiggle my nose n put everything in place. the more boxes i empty, the more appear Rolling Eyes

anyhoo, i wanted to wash my hair today n had every intention til i seen my fro' n i stood there admiring how good bianca was looking! i still have YET to find my water bottle to spritz her down scratch

nubienatty - Page 19 Blue10

nubienatty - Page 19 Blue410

Then i decided to take advantage of my JCURL slouchy beret:
nubienatty - Page 19 Blue310

nubienatty - Page 19 Blue110

nubienatty - Page 19 Blue210

I LOOOOOOVE IT!!

In other news...i need to get back on my skin care reggie! i always get in the groove n slack off when everything is going good. i think that'll be the next topic on my blog too Idea

oh yea...GUESS WHAT??? so i opened an email that said "item shipped" mind u i have NOT ordered anything since DB and i clearly got that weeks ago...so confused do i have a secret admirer??? no!! good ol' BJ from hairveda sent me a package Very Happy i had asked about her Noi thai apple butter a few months ago n i thought she forgot allll about me since i never got a reply. it wasnt on her site n i just all out forgot about it. boy did THAT lift my spirits high. I LOVE SURPRISES!!! and THIS is why i love supporting our sistaz!! oh yea, im off to check pammy pies KBN men's line she has out now too!!!

wow your hair grew a lot!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th September 2010, 9:32 am

@red; i swear coochiness is my new anthem and when the original usher song comes on i STILL sing..there goes my baannngs bytch! lmaooo i love me some brian beez man. oooh girl speakin of that fool u gotta chk out his latest vid (YES I SUBSCRIBED, lol) when he talkn bout his fierce fan but more importantly this other dude "alchoholharmony" dude sings that nikki minaj "your love" now he CAN sing...but its still funny!

thanx coco; u aint seen me in a while! Smile

So i rinsed my DB dc out at work (yes that was really ghetto of me silent ) and it was still oh so soft. omgggg!! u know how soft ur hair is wet but it looses that softness (sometimes) when its dry No not wit DB!! i enjoyed twisting my hair up cuz it kept my hands in my hair longer. now tui smoothie makes my hair soft but this is a different level kinda soft i cant even describe. i'll just say from now on...my DC MUST contain cocoa butter/cacao in it.

Tui and DB are pretty much my tie for favorites! it makes me wanna use up whatever else i have to only keep my TOP 3 DC's in stock. thats my goal. im starting to pay attn more to ingredients now so i dont waste my money Rolling Eyes i know-i know-i know...i shouldve been did this but i honestly was just goin off results, even if they were ehhh ok! but paying more attn to my hair i know certain ingredients like coconut, castor and shea (to name a few) give me really good results.

anyhoo, so i did my leave in w/the coconut lemongrass transitioning creme (what a mouth full) and i would upgrade it but I THINK its moreso good for warm months becuz its lighter than my CD n KBN leave-in. i do stamp it though n wouldnt mind upgrading! i sectioned and used the maddy vanilla all over n placed some burnt sugar on my fingers to twist. i knew the burnt sugar would seal the deal...4 real. surprisingly the back of my twist were touching my neck n it scared me affraid i hadnt had hair touch the back of my neck in years so i kept thinkin a bug was on me...u know this bed bug invasion is scary Evil or Very Mad but yea, so when i got home i just pinned em up becuz i need to keep em in a PS til my anniversary!

im actually debating on straightening myself bein as though everyone i price wants me dish out at least $60 Neutral i just dont see that feasible right now esp since i need to get my dmn sectional for my living room! PLUS i only want it straightened to check my length n get my ends trimmed. i wouldnt even keep it straight for a whole week cuz i'd have to be on "root watch" to make sure its straight n i aint got time for all that. those days are OVER!!! Cool
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 12th September 2010, 10:52 am

LMAO at the bug invasion! I totally kept thinking there was a bug on my neck when my twists got longer haha. Your beanies look great btw! I love beanies in the fall. Maybe I'll where one again today... Anywhoo glad you're doing well! Smooches!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 13th September 2010, 12:32 am

Your avi is fierce lady!! I love that chunky hair you got going on!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 13th September 2010, 1:31 am

I love those beanies...I need to learn to make those. You've got some GROWTH woman! Damn. Neutral You got me pulling on Gypsy like "Where's the length at??".

LOL at thinking you had bugs on the back of your neck. Don't worry, the bed bugs haven't left the movie theaters yet. I think they should've gone to King Bloomberg's office though. If ANYONE is capable of biting him in the ass, it's an army of bedbugs. Surprised
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 13th September 2010, 2:24 am

i like ur glasses!!! ur nails are sooo long and cute!!!...i watch some of alcoholharmony's vids too...he can sangggggggg for real...i want him to get signed but he comes off as sooo ''how you doin???'' that guys would probably be uncomfortable listenin to him, and its gon be hard for girls to envision him singin to them when he really singin to tyrone so idk...i still listen tho...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 13th September 2010, 7:33 am

Yeah gurl, it's been awhile since I made it around the block!!! I subscribed to your blog!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th September 2010, 2:19 am

Thanx laydeez!!
@iri-i love listening to his voice but u are soooo right. how can u market him, unless they mainstream him like clay aiken. i mean lets face it...there are plenty of gays in the business, whether their downlow or not!

So i forgot to post my results from DB. i really wanted to keep my fro' after i rinsed the mask out but i just GOTTA do PS til my anniversary! i need to savor whatever length i can for now.

nubienatty - Page 19 Db10

nubienatty - Page 19 Db310

nubienatty - Page 19 Db110

nubienatty - Page 19 Db210
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th September 2010, 6:44 am

Hey Nubie...

You shampoo'ed you hair at work?? You are so funny!! That reminded me of a guy I used to date that washed his clothes at work. I was like REALLY!!!

You hair has really grown. You know one style that I haven't see you do is a puff? Have you worn one? Will yah for me? Pleaseeeeee

I'm trying to subscribe to your blog...just having computer issues at work so I'm going to try again right now.

Just wanted to stop by and see what was going on with you. I told you that Darcy's DC was the business!!! I owe Chrs big time for that tip!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th September 2010, 4:01 pm

Hey Nubie,
Just stopping by to see how you are doin & to get a quick laugh because you always have something funny to say. Just a few more days now-huh? Do you usually trim your hair yourself? If so, I would skip the salon because $60 could at least get you a couple of pillows for your sectional. Take care girl.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 14th September 2010, 5:40 pm

I neeeed to know....

Where do you work that you can wash your hair at work?! If I was in the employee bathrooms washing my hair in the sink my boss would have me hauled into his office, dripping water all on the floor!

Some days I'd love to spend some me time (I actually love my weekly hairwash process now I'm not fighting the tangles out all the time) but that just ain't possible where I work.

Anyway, just wanted to say that your growth is AMAZING! Both your hair, and your nails (I was reading the natural nail challenge thread last night, but I only got through the first couple pages). The difference between then and now is really outstanding. Congrats!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th September 2010, 10:42 pm

Thanx laydeez! for the record...wyldhoney and knh..i did NOT wash my hair at work...i just kindly RINSED the dc out silent I work at the fire dept and it was a quiet Sat morning so literally NOBODY was on my floor other than my 2 co-workers, lol.

@knh, i've done the puff before but my head is so flat in the back AND i hate how dry it feels Crying or Very sad so i dont do it often unless its a hair emergency n i dont have time for nothing else. i will revisit since yall said i got more length now bounce

@freckles-giiiiiirl i just might skip on that $60 salon visit and do it myself. ive never trimmed my hair even while permed so THIS maybe interesting Embarassed i dont have my tv yet so i'll have plenty of time to get it right, lol.

**sigh** i went ahead n took part in the hairveda sale becuz the vatika frosting is only...$5 affraid i just couldnt pass that up along w/the cocasta oil becuz i looooove that stuff so much and im almost at half a bottle becuz i use it on my body as well. now i need to email her cuz i forgot to add the whipped clouds but i need an 8 oz of that stuff 4 REAL!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th September 2010, 10:47 pm

Okay, I'm putting you in the PJ Anonymous thread with me. Every time I promise myself that I'm not gonna buy anything else for a while, I read your thread and I'm like ooh, ooh I wanna try that.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th September 2010, 10:48 pm

lol freckles, i know cuz i did say i wanted to pass til blk friday but $5 for that vatika frosting u cant beat that and im SURE its gonna be sold out soon cuz its such a hot commodity!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th September 2010, 10:56 pm

What do you use it for? I love vatika oil so if it is better than that hmmm- I may have to give it a try. I finally got my Oyin products from curl-mart, but I forgot to get teh burnt sugar-ugh!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th September 2010, 11:09 pm

giiiiirl u forgot the burnt sugar Evil or Very Mad if nothing else that shouldve been the FIRST in the basket. when im done wit mine im gonna go n upgrade the burnt sugar and shine n define Cool those are my fav's and i just KNOW u wouldve loved it esp on ur ends!

i use the vatika frosting the same way i would coconut oil for anything. it has a sweet cake frosting smell and will be the ONLY form of coconut i use (eventually) after i finish w/the vatika oil. i'll still keep the unrefined coconut for my son though!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th September 2010, 11:21 pm

You were supposed to tell me that it's garbage so I wouldn't want to get it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroButtafly 14th September 2010, 11:30 pm

I just wanna say that your hair looks delish.. Razz
AfroButtafly
AfroButtafly

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th September 2010, 1:13 am

Thanx afrob and welcome!! Smile
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th September 2010, 12:15 pm

Hi Nubie, you are going Saturday, right? Do not forget to RSVP and think of a professional or going out 'do. Prizes will be given for each person who rocks the look the best.

Another question, did you ever get to sample Afroveda's curl define? I was suppose to bring it to the meetup way back when and forgot. If you need a sample, I can bring it with me Saturday. Send PM or let me know on my CSJ.

I would not suggest trimming hair yourself if you have never done it before. Take it from someone who has done it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 15th September 2010, 6:30 pm

Nubie

Just stopping by to say what's up. Your hair is looking really good. Your PJism is working wonders on me. I'm trying not to spend much more this month I think I made my quota last week. I really don't know what to buy I just want to buy tongue. I think it's starting to drive my husband crazy even though I think he's just jealous Smile .
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next