CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

+65
PaganWifey
cyclingchick
Buttercup76
iri9109
nattyblog
priceless
QuietButterfly
raina
swoodward
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
NylaCoils
jlowman1
LadyMika
Pi*Jay
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
poeticlyspkng
missmoriah
Karyn
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Winnielours
MellowOne
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LaToya28
NubieNatty
Mz. Thang
MahoganyCurls
blondie
Cherry: extraordinary!
CocoEuro
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
FemmeFox
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
mojitochica
curlykinks
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
beautifuleyez
truet
A85
AfrikanLatina
divadr175
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Blackbeauty
dajewel
BindyMac08
SheeTacular
69 posters

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 24 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st June 2010, 6:11 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:The last time I did a WnG I placed the hair over it after I shook my curls to loosed that way they would dry towards the back and just fluff to cover.

With twistouts I twist across the spots so short hairs will clump with longer ones. Works better with dry twists than wet ones cuz the shorter hair just curls up and out of the twis
As you can see today I just shook and went. I'm not as self concious as I use to be cuz it's only temporary.

I hope this helps!!

Hi Shee,
Your wash n go turned out nicely. I like the pomp in the front.

You mentioned that the area where your hair is thin is temporary. Are you using anything in particular for that area to help it fill back in? I only ask because my mom has a thinning area almost identical to where yours is located. She lost her hair from chemo treatments. I would love to recommend some things for her to try.

Thanks!
I've been using Bee Mine Growth Serum with Sulfur. I have more new growth in that area and I still have some smooth spots. I also try to massage my scalp and be gentle with the hair thats there.

I hope that helps. I believe its temporary because I also pray over it as well.

I'm glad to hear that this works. I order a sample and I've done a product swap for one. I have a thin spot on the right side in the top, so I want to try to see if this serum will work for me. I like the Bee Mine Curly Butter...that is what I'm using to do my twists..and then I use the KBN for moisture if that makes sense!!

Sorry to hear about your loss.....I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!!

((hugs))
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 24 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by SheeTacular 2nd June 2010, 6:24 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Good morning Shee!

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. Bigg hugg from my family to yours!

Hey FF!! Thanks for the love!

NubieNatty wrote:sorry to hear about ur cuzo shee!

lmaoooo i can totally see u wrestling me and puttin me in a headlock for touchin ur stash SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 24 Icon_mad

well....**grabbing black belt** BRING IT ON...

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 24 2788497544_9106db86c3

SN: peep how sho' nuff was rockin the kanye west shades BACK THEN!!

Thanks Nubie!! Man my stash ain't nothing like yours. You would be highly disappointed.
I love that movie. I watched it on netflix. If you want a free month I got you. The offer is open until 6/15.
"Whose the baddest? Shonuff!!"

Curly_Aquarius wrote:I love the WnG too Shee! Very Happy
Thanks Curly_Aquarius.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey ladies!!

Ok I have tried the Yes to tomatoes and yes to cucumbers. The Tomato is okay a lil slip. The cucumber is uber awesome. It instantly softens hair. I don't care for eith shampoos they are very drying even with a prepoo. I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

I have been experimenting with wash n gos well I guess its not really a wng cuz its a longer process so its more of defining my curls. This time after I conditioned I added Giovanni DLI then after it soaked it added some kbn butter and twisted into sections after the twistsdried a bit I smoothed in KBN herbal gel to each section of the twists. It was late at night again when I finished so it was smooshed when I woke up. I wet my hair in the shower and wrapped my hair in a tshirt to soke up some water then added oil. Its very curly. I have springs and spirals every where. After this I think I will go to my twists until time for the wedding next weekend. I have fairy knots and hair strands knotted together. So I guess play time is coming to an end. I'm not sure how long a WnG will actually last cuz it still looked good yesterday before I washed it. I have been reviving with water and oil which seems to be the best. It dries shiny and soft.

So I guess I'm on my way to having great curls.

My hair in the back is a looser curl. When wet it hangs it looks like I have a mullet but when it dries it shrinks up and looks like the rest. Very interesting.

TTYL smooches.

I like this technique...I'm going to have to try this and see how this works for me. Which oils are you using with your water?
I wet it with water almost dripping wet then rubbed in some grapeseed oil then Olive oil.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:The last time I did a WnG I placed the hair over it after I shook my curls to loosed that way they would dry towards the back and just fluff to cover.

With twistouts I twist across the spots so short hairs will clump with longer ones. Works better with dry twists than wet ones cuz the shorter hair just curls up and out of the twis
As you can see today I just shook and went. I'm not as self concious as I use to be cuz it's only temporary.

I hope this helps!!

Hi Shee,
Your wash n go turned out nicely. I like the pomp in the front.

You mentioned that the area where your hair is thin is temporary. Are you using anything in particular for that area to help it fill back in? I only ask because my mom has a thinning area almost identical to where yours is located. She lost her hair from chemo treatments. I would love to recommend some things for her to try.

Thanks!
I've been using Bee Mine Growth Serum with Sulfur. I have more new growth in that area and I still have some smooth spots. I also try to massage my scalp and be gentle with the hair thats there.

I hope that helps. I believe its temporary because I also pray over it as well.

I'm glad to hear that this works. I order a sample and I've done a product swap for one. I have a thin spot on the right side in the top, so I want to try to see if this serum will work for me. I like the Bee Mine Curly Butter...that is what I'm using to do my twists..and then I use the KBN for moisture if that makes sense!!

Sorry to hear about your loss.....I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!!

((hugs))

Thanks for the prayers. I hope it works for you.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd June 2010, 6:39 pm

Hey y'all!! I'm still around. I'm trying to make it up this street but it just keeps growing and growing. Housing is popping up everywhere. Who says realestate isn't booming?? I'm well. In a bit of a funk but I'm well. God is yet good and He is in control. I know that all things are working out for my good because I love Him and I'm called according to His purpose (Romans8:28). It is so good to know the Word in times like these.

Song of the day!!
In times like these we need a Savior.
In times like these we need an anchor.
So be very sure, Be very sure.
That your anchor holds and grips that solid, solid rock.

That Rock is Jesus, He's the anchor.
That Rock is Jesus, He's the Answer.
So be very sure, Be very sure.
That your anchor holds and grips that solid, solid rock.

Ok back to hair news. The craziest question of the weekend "Are you becoming Rastafarian?" For real tho. Is that how you feel?

One of my oldest cousins absolutely loved it. But mostly people didn't bat an eye. There are a lot of naturals in Buffalo, NY. Another cousin twisted my hair for me. It's all neat and parted like box braids. I showed her how to do the 3 strand twists. and in the top and edges she braid it first to keep the shorter hairs in the twist.

Now I just have to keep them in.

The funeral was short. My uncle has suffered a lot of loss over the years. He lost a son and grandson to violence and a daughter and wife to cancer. He still going strong he suffered a stroke last year but he is strong and he has a girlfriend so I say he is doing real well. I almost cried at one point cause he looked just like Big Mama. I miss her so much. It's amazing how that little women (she may have been 4'11) kept 11 children and hundreds of grands and great grands in line.

She was so wise. If I had it all to do over again. I would have spent more time with her and learned more. With her and Big Daddy gone it's just not the same.

Anywho. I'll check back in later.

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd June 2010, 7:26 pm

On May 26th it was my 18th Month anniversary!! Yay Me. woot! run dance
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd June 2010, 7:52 pm

Hey Shee! I'm sorry to hear about your loss...my prayers are with you!

Come over to my place whenever you need a good laugh! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd June 2010, 10:26 pm

Sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my prayers too.

Congrats on 18 mos. natural. SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 24 617583
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 10:57 pm

I'm sorry about your loss.

A year and a half natural!!! Congratulations!!

Your spot in the top is looking so much better. I can tell it's filling in.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th June 2010, 12:40 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm sorry about your loss.

All she said. CONGRATS woot!
Probabaly hitting the Indian store next week. I will keep you updated on when.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th June 2010, 12:14 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Shee! I'm sorry to hear about your loss...my prayers are with you!

Come over to my place whenever you need a good laugh! ;-)

Thanks!! Yeah I have been stalking your thread. You and Nubie are a mess..lol.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my prayers too.

Congrats on 18 mos. natural. http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/users/3011/10/61/99/smiles/617583.gif" alt="" />
Thanks DVA!!

Thanks Lynnie!! Sometime I see progress and sometimes it seems like its taking forever!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:

All she said. CONGRATS woot!
Probabaly hitting the Indian store next week. I will keep you updated on when.

Thanks Sis!! I will look forward to it!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th June 2010, 12:21 pm

I forgot to tell you ladies that I got my chicken dinner tuesday. Sharika sent my Georgia Peach Shea butter. Its nice and solid. I also got my order of KBN Peppermint Gel and Hair and body butter Heavenly Delight(I only paid shipping for the butter. Thanks to FB!!).

I will let you know when I get the afroveda sample I won!!

Now I think its time to get a regimen (Tia can let me know if I used the right word Very Happy ) together.

So I will wash as often as my hair needs it. I will shampoo when I need to remove build up or to clarify.

I will shampoo with Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners: Suave, VO5, Aussie Moist, Aussie 3 minute miracle, giovanni 50:50, tea tree, SAS.

Deep Conditioners: Aussie and Giovanni.

Leave in Conditioner: Giovanni DL and Aussie Moist Hair Insurance.

Moisturizers and sealers: Shea butters. My mix or kbn. Olive, almond, grapeseed and castor oil.

Treatments: Bentonite, Henna, Protien. 1x a month

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 4th June 2010, 1:58 pm

Hey Shee...Good Morning! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th June 2010, 5:03 pm

Hi Shee! Just droppping by to see what you're up to. I'm sorry about your loss. Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful woman. I had a Big Mama in my family too. She only had 5 kids but she sure did raise many of THEIR children in addition to her own. We need to breed more strong women like that. They didn't take any mess and they could be sweet as pie at the same time.

Hope you're having a good day.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 4th June 2010, 7:55 pm

Hey Shee!!! I'm just now getting caught up on your thread! I'm with you, there are so many new neighbors it's hard to stop by everybody's house!! It's a good thing, though! I'm glad you're doing well!

First of all, my prayers are with you and your family! You seem to have amazing strength and that's admirable. Congrats on making another milestone!!! Eighteen months is a big deal!! That's awesome!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th June 2010, 9:02 pm

Hi Shee

You are so lucky...I've been stalking FB but I haven't see any freebies yet!!

Congratulations on making 18 months natural!!! Yah Shee..... woot!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th June 2010, 4:26 pm

Hey Shee!

First, I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you and your family.

Second - Loved the Pompadour with the puff style - gorgeous and I woll be trying!

I think your hair is growing in really well!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th June 2010, 4:52 pm

Ok, Shee, I am only a third of the way through touring your beautiful house!
I love your story and your hair. You have the coolest, tiny spirals. Wow!

Now I haven't finished reading but have you thought about using a combo of neosporin CREAM and cortisone (also CREAM!) on your scalp in the problem area? Since you do such beautiful twists you can probably use it in small amounts without it showing.

Now I have done this in a middle of a flare up (psoriasis). Psoriasis flareups will leave you with circular areas of shiny, red, flaky patches. When you scratch off the flakes, the scalp is shiny and bald. When the psoriasis is under control, the hair grows back.

One of the things my dermatologist told me was that it's inflammation that prevents healing. While inflammation right after an injury is part of the healing process, this type is not. I know the combo of neosporin and cortisone cream will help bring this inflammation down. regardless of the cause. I don't suggest the oil-based ones because they have mineral oil and will not allow your scalp to breath. They are over the counter and not too strong.

I would try for maybe a week.Then off for a week, then another week. No more without consulting a doctor as cortisone over time thins your skin.

I have a feeling that your prayers will be answered. The hair that has grown in is so thick and it looks strong.

Last edited by swoodward on 5th June 2010, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th June 2010, 4:59 pm

Ok, got to page 8! I do see you use the antibiotic cream! Try mixing it with cortisone. I wouldn't put castor oil on top though at the same time. My scalp darn near snapped out and pimped slapped me when I tried that.

Try alternating for a month.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 11:05 pm

Hey Shee! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th June 2010, 3:21 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Shee...Good Morning! ;-)
Hey RYL1!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hi Shee! Just droppping by to see what you're up to. I'm sorry about your loss. Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful woman. I had a Big Mama in my family too. She only had 5 kids but she sure did raise many of THEIR children in addition to her own. We need to breed more strong women like that. They didn't take any mess and they could be sweet as pie at the same time.

Hope you're having a good day.
Thanks Poetic!! They just don't make'em like they use too!!

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Shee!!! I'm just now getting caught up on your thread! I'm with you, there are so many new neighbors it's hard to stop by everybody's house!! It's a good thing, though! I'm glad you're doing well!

First of all, my prayers are with you and your family! You seem to have amazing strength and that's admirable. Congrats on making another milestone!!! Eighteen months is a big deal!! That's awesome!
Hey Gorgeous!! Thanks for reading! The neighborhood is huge! Thanks for the prayers.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Shee

You are so lucky...I've been stalking FB but I haven't see any freebies yet!!

Congratulations on making 18 months natural!!! Yah Shee..... woot!

Hey lady!! Yeah I subscribe to KBN's status's so I can get a text if I didn't I would miss all the fun stuff. For for the month of June there is 20% off.

swoodward wrote:Hey Shee!

First, I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you and your family.

Second - Loved the Pompadour with the puff style - gorgeous and I woll be trying!

I think your hair is growing in really well!

swoodward wrote:Ok, Shee, I am only a third of the way through touring your beautiful house!
I love your story and your hair. You have the coolest, tiny spirals. Wow!

Now I haven't finished reading but have you thought about using a combo of neosporin CREAM and cortisone (also CREAM!) on your scalp in the problem area? Since you do such beautiful twists you can probably use it in small amounts without it showing.

Now I have done this in a middle of a flare up (psoriasis). Psoriasis flareups will leave you with circular areas of shiny, red, flaky patches. When you scratch off the flakes, the scalp is shiny and bald. When the psoriasis is under control, the hair grows back.

One of the things my dermatologist told me was that it's inflammation that prevents healing. While inflammation right after an injury is part of the healing process, this type is not. I know the combo of neosporin and cortisone cream will help bring this inflammation down. regardless of the cause. I don't suggest the oil-based ones because they have mineral oil and will not allow your scalp to breath. They are over the counter and not too strong.

I would try for maybe a week.Then off for a week, then another week. No more without consulting a doctor as cortisone over time thins your skin.

I have a feeling that your prayers will be answered. The hair that has grown in is so thick and it looks strong.

swoodward wrote:Ok, got to page 8! I do see you use the antibiotic cream! Try mixing it with cortisone. I wouldn't put castor oil on top though at the same time. My scalp darn near snapped out and pimped slapped me when I tried that.

Try alternating for a month.

Thanks Swoodard. I'm glad your taking time out to read. I will try alternating but the serum I use now with the sulfur helps the growth and I usually just use the Antibiotic cream for flare ups. Now I'm experimenting with Neem because it has Antibacterial and antifungal properties (I think I'll check the box and get back with you).

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hey Shee! Very Happy
Hey Lady!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th June 2010, 3:23 pm

Hola Chicas!!

Ok my sister when to the Indian store and got some goodies: Amla oil, Henna (of course) Neem, Lemon powder (face mask) and coconut milk.

So Friday I applied the Amla oil to my twists then took them down and put into sections. I wet each section and applied VO5 and detangled. I left that in over night. The following morning I shampooed with Giovanni Deep Moisture Smooth as silk. Then I applied my henna (1 box Jamilla henna, 2 cups water. 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp honey and Aussie moist conditioner. I mixed the night before and added the honey and conditioner in the morning) let that sit in my hair for 2-3hours. Rinsed and co-washed with VO5. Applied Deep conditioner (Aussie moist, Aussie moist 3 minute miracle, honey, oil, Giovanni Tea tree conditioner) let that sit for 30 minutes added Neem to my scalp for 15 minutes then rinsed it all out.

I applied Giovanni Direct leave in, Olive Oil, and Shea butter to seal (Butters-N-Bars Peach scented Shea butter).

I twisted into big twists and let dry. I wore a puff on Sunday morning and re-twisted on Sunday evening. I used water, KBN peppermint gel and KBN heavenly delight hair and body butter.

I will add pics later.

I plan to try this treatment this weekend. Do you guys think it will be worth taking my twists out to do it.

Coconut Protein Hair Treatment
http://www.sheknows.com/articles/802458/homemade-beauty-treatments-for-your-hair

The protein from the eggs and the moisturizing qualities of the other ingredients will revive even the most damaged hair. Use once a week for a month, then monthly thereafter.
Ingredients:
• 2 eggs
• 3 Tbsp coconut milk
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a fork until combined.
2. Apply to wet hair prior to shampooing.
3. Allow to set for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse well with warm water.
5. Shampoo as usual.
6. Try to avoid using blow dryers and other styling equipment.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 8th June 2010, 7:13 pm

Hey Shee! How u doin?

I'm feeling the twist out...lookin' good!
How you get that pomp and them curls up there? I need the secret!! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 8th June 2010, 9:01 pm

Hey Shee, that reminds me of a product here in Philly called the carmelux treatment. (that one has molasses, though.)

How does your hair feel after the amla and henna? Have you ever used a protein treatment on top of henna before? I haven't tried it because I am protein sensitive and I heard it would be drying.

Also, can you take a pic of the Neem? i am really interested! I am near a couple of Indian grocers and I was interested in the Aruvedic challenge.

Thanks!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th June 2010, 12:27 pm

My aunt had a stroke last night. I have updates I will be back hopefully before sunday
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th June 2010, 4:19 pm

awww shee sorry to hear that SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 24 Icon_cry

i had to jot down ur coconut protein for my records SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 24 Icon_study
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th June 2010, 6:41 pm

Hey Shee,
Sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll keep you in my prayers and for your aunt's recovery.

That coconut treatment sounds interesting.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next