CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

+65
PaganWifey
cyclingchick
Buttercup76
iri9109
nattyblog
priceless
QuietButterfly
raina
swoodward
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
NylaCoils
jlowman1
LadyMika
Pi*Jay
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
poeticlyspkng
missmoriah
Karyn
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Winnielours
MellowOne
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LaToya28
NubieNatty
Mz. Thang
MahoganyCurls
blondie
Cherry: extraordinary!
CocoEuro
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
FemmeFox
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
mojitochica
curlykinks
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
beautifuleyez
truet
A85
AfrikanLatina
divadr175
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Blackbeauty
dajewel
BindyMac08
SheeTacular
69 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th March 2010, 9:00 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Thanks KNH!! You are very welcome. I think there is a 3 strand twist thread and some videos in the forum. I will try to find them and post the link. There are vids on youtube as well. If you can picture tether ball and how the ball goes around the pole, imagine three balls going around an imaginary pole all going in the same direction. When done well they should remind you of those cotton candy swirl stick thingies. So your twist out has tighter spiral coils then wavy coils from regular twists.

Okay...I'm going to check out the thread and videos tonight!!! Thanks
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th March 2010, 9:02 am

I'm loving your bentonite clay results. I've read about this and I'm very curious...not sure how this will react with henna. More research to do... study
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 29th March 2010, 10:08 am

BENTONITE CLAY IS AWESOME. I LOVE IT AND I AM GLAD YOU LIKE IT TOO. IT REALLY MAKES THOSE CURLS POP.

@KNH, NO REACTION WITH HENNA. JUST DON'T USE TOGETHER.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th March 2010, 8:29 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Thanks lady!! It wasn't hard. I will write it all up tomorrow. Right now I'm training on doing these just like you.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Anim_310

Okay Shee, you and Bholmes are working this picture movement. Okay share the instructions...LOL

go to gickr.com

You don't have to create a user to use it. Add the pics you want in the slide show. Then follow the instruction until it gives you the url and all that then copy and past in thread or avatar.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Empty WnG, Henna, Blowout, Twists,

Post by SheeTacular 31st March 2010, 1:19 pm

Hello Ladies!!

Well I am finding it more and more difficult to keep up with everyone\'s thread (including my own) so I need to prioritize somethings. I am finishing my writing course which means this will only make my visits even less. Anyways my hair has not taken a back seat. I am still taking care of Rogue because ole girl is very demanding.

So Friday after the Bentonite treatment. I put in my Aussie Insurance leave in and my shea butter mix then twisted in really really big twists and tied it up and went bed. My intention was to do mini three strand twists Saturday morning but that didn\'t happen. I prefered to sleep most of the day. When I got up I toyed with the idea of a blow out because it was still damp and then I tried two big flat twists on the side then a fro in the back. I took a nap and when I woke up I wasn\'t feeling the twists and since I had so much curl I figured I would try the accordion method. So I hopped in the shower around 4pm rinsed finger detangled used Aussie moist and scrunched in some Eco Styler custard in.

Curls were popping but it was very white and I had to be at the church at 5:30 cuz our musical was that night. I have no idea why I thought it would work under short notice. Anyways I used paper towel to dab some of the white out of it. Then I decided to use my black scarf as a headband my curls in the back had great clumpage and hangtime now the rest of my head which had a tighter curl clumped but there was no hangtime to be had. Anyways I think I have pics somewhere I will have to post later. It dried soft, very soft. I was surprised. I will definitely try it again. I wore the WnG Sunday and Monday.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Anim_d10

I didn\'t work Tuesday so I henna\'ed for 2 hours (it was mixed since Friday) cowashed with V05 moisture milks and bioinfusion Rosemary mint (my last bottles YAY cheers ). I then applied Giovanni 50/50 and design essentials stimulating condtioner to deep condition and detangle. I rinsed then divided into sections and applied grapeseed oil and blow dried on cool. Well partially blow dried. I forgot I HATE blow drying my hair it takes too long.
SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Anim_510

I then used Shea mix #5 (1 TBSP each of Shea, mango, cocoa butter, olive oil, grapeseed oil, almond and filtered water melt cool then whip) and my Eco custard and three strand twisted.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Anim_c10

My hair was harder with the custard this time. I think its because I was low on the eco olive oil so i used the rest of the eco crystal clear in the mix. So when I was half way finished I had an epiphany to add some activator gel to the mix. That did the trick good hold but much softer. I also stopped using the mix and used straight shea and mango butter. I am really going to get rid of all this product soon. I have pics of my bootleg blow out and the three strand twists. I\'m trying to get a good pic to show you ladies especially since Mz. Thang requested it a while ago. Shocked . I promise to get my stuff together.

I really think twists are gonna be the way to go. I think I need more length to get my WnGs to look like I want them to. Actually I don\'t think they will I think my hair won\'t have any hang time no matter how long it grows I believe it will just shrink more and more.

I know its long but I had to catch up.

PS. Funny thing happened on my way into work today. I reached up to adjust my collar as I walked across the parking lots. I just happened to have my car keys in my hand the ring caught in my hair and I tried to work it free and the strand from the base of my twist literally worked in to the keyring so the ring was fully secured in my hair. affraid I really tried to be gentle to get that sucker out. I did finally but I\'m sure I broke some strands.

Last edited by SheeTacular_Napps on 1st April 2010, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st April 2010, 8:44 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Thanks lady!! It wasn't hard. I will write it all up tomorrow. Right now I'm training on doing these just like you.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Anim_310

Okay Shee, you and Bholmes are working this picture movement. Okay share the instructions...LOL

go to gickr.com

You don't have to create a user to use it. Add the pics you want in the slide show. Then follow the instruction until it gives you the url and all that then copy and past in thread or avatar.

Thanks!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st April 2010, 8:48 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hello Ladies!!

Well I am finding more and more difficult to keep up with everyone's thread (including my own) so I need to prioritize somethings. I am finishing my writing course which means this will only make my visits even less. Anyways my hair has not taken a back seat. I am still taking care of Rogue because ole girl is very demanding.

So Friday after the Bentonite treatment. I put in my Aussie Insurance leave in and my shea butter mix then twisted in really really big twists and tied it up and went bed. My intention was to do mini three strand twists Saturday morning but that didn't happen. I prefered to sleep most of the day. When I got up I toyed with the idea of a blow out because it was still damp and then I tried two big flat twists on the side then a fro in the back. I took a nap and when I woke up I wasn't feeling the twists and since I had so much curl I figured I would try the accordion method. So I hopped in the shower around 4pm rinsed finger detangled used Aussie moist and scrunched in some Eco Styler custard in.

Curls were popping but it was very white and I had to be at the church at 5:30 cuz our musical was that night. I have no idea why I thought it would work under short notice. Anyways I used paper towel to dab some of the white out of it. Then I decided to use my black scarf as a headband my curls in the back had great clumpage and hangtime now the rest of my head which had a tighter curl clumped but there was no hangtime to be had. Anyways I think I have pics somewhere I will have to post later. It dried soft, very soft. I was surprised. I will definitely try it again. I wore the WnG Sunday and Monday.

I didn't work Tuesday so I henna'ed for 2 hours (it was mixed since Friday) cowashed with V05 moisture milks and bioinfusion Rosemary mint (my last bottles YAY cheers ). I then applied Giovanni 50/50 and design essentials stimulating condtioner to deep condition and detangle. I rinsed then divided into sections and applied grapeseed oil and blow dried on cool. Well partially blow dried. I forgot I HATE blow drying my hair it takes too long. I then used Shea mix #5 (1 TBSP each of Shea, mango, cocoa butter, olive oil, grapeseed oil, almond and filter water melt cool then whip) and my Eco custard and three strand twisted. My hair was harder with the custard this time. I think its because I was low on the eco olive oil so i used the rest of the eco crystal clear in the mix. So when I was half way finished I had an epiphany to add some activator gel to the mix. That did the trick good hold but much softer. I also stopped using the mix and used straight shea and mango butter. I am really going to get rid of all this product soon. I have pics of my bootleg blow out and the twists. I'm trying to get a good pic to show you ladies especially since Mz. Thang requested it a while ago. Shocked . I promise to get my stuff together. I really think twists are gonna be the way to go. I think I need more length to get my WnGs to look like I want them to. Actually I don't think they will I think my hair won't have any hang time no matter how long it grows I believe it will just shrink more and more.

I know its long but I had to catch up.

PS. Funny thing happened on my way into work today. I reached up to adjust my collar as I walked across the parking lots. I just happened to have my car keys in my hand the ring caught in my hair and I tried to work it free and the strand from the base of my twist literally worked in to the ring so the ring was fully secured in my hair. affraid I really tried to be gentle to get that sucker out. I did finally but I'm sure I broke some strands.

It is getting hard to check in with everyone...I know what you mean. I've had that happen my my nails getting caught in my strands. Needless to say I keep my nails very short now!!! I hope you didn't break too many strands.

I love your avatar!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 9:15 am

HEY LADIES!! I am still twisted. gonna try and get some pics of the detail of 3 strand twist. I need a camera for real!!!
****passing the offering plate for donations** SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st April 2010, 9:21 am

LOL - good morning Shee
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st April 2010, 11:23 am

Hey SHee,

OOO I wanna see the three strand twist. They look nice but hard to do. Was it a challenge?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 1st April 2010, 11:48 am

LOL I look forward to your pics of the 3 strand twists. I've been practicing them on my daughter.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Empty Song of the day April 1, 2010

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 11:50 am

A Heart that Forgives
Kevin Lavar - Let's Come Together

I want a heart that forgives
A heart full of love
One with compassion just like yours above
One that over comes evil with goodness and love
Like it never happened, never holding a grudge
I want a heart that forgives that lives and lets lives
One that keeps loves over and over again
One that men can’t offend
Cuz your word is deep within
One that loves without price like you lord Jesus Christ
I want a heart that loves everybody
Even my Enemies
I want to love like, be like you, just like you did
I want a heart that forgives, want a heart that forgives
Want a heart that forgives!
When the ones that are closes and that I’ve known the longest
They hurt me the most; I still wanna love them just like you loved me
Even though I’m hurting, God should know they hurt me deep
Ohhh, want a heart that forgives
When the pain is so deep and it’s so hard for me to speak about it
To any one just like your son
I give up my rights to hold it against them with hatred inside
I want a heart that loves everybody, even my Enemies
I wanna love like you, be like you, just like you did
Wanna walk like you, talk like you, just like you did, Wanna be like you Jesus
Just like you Jesus Christ, I want a heart
Cuz the heart that forgives that is the heart that will live
Totally free from the pain of the past and the heart that lets go
That is the heart that will know so much freedom,
Do you wanna be free, my answer is Yes
Lord I wanna be free, my answer is Yes
God I’m tired of being bound, father my answer is Yes
I don’t want this in my life, father my answer is Yes
God I’m ready to let it go, father my answer is Yes
God I’m tired of saying No, father my answer is Yes
I know you got so much for me, that’s been hidden by my pride
You got so much for me, so much you wanna do with my life
Father help me let it go, Lord you know it’s been so long
Father help me let it go, As I play to you this song
I don’t wanna be hindered by the spirit of offense
I don’t wanna be hindered by people that do me wrong
I wanna love them like you love me, wanna love them like you love me
Wanna love them like you love me, I want a heart that forgives
No matter what happens Lord, give me grace, give me grace
Lord no matter what comes, no matter what people do
I still wanna love them, I wanna love them, Just like you
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 11:58 am

[quote="KinkyNappyHappy"]
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hello Ladies!!

It is getting hard to check in with everyone...I know what you mean. I've had that happen my my nails getting caught in my strands. Needless to say I keep my nails very short now!!! I hope you didn't break too many strands.

I love your avatar!!!!

Thanks,

BlondeByDesire wrote:LOL - good morning Shee
Good Morning Lady!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey SHee,

OOO I wanna see the three strand twist. They look nice but hard to do. Was it a challenge?

Not really because the first time I read about them I could picture it in my head and did them pretty easily. It's harder doing the back. Now if ya'll get up off them donations I might be able to do a video on it one day!! lol!

I think I'm channeling Nubie

LaToya28 wrote:LOL I look forward to your pics of the 3 strand twists. I've been practicing them on my daughter.

I'm sure they look great on her. I think they look like those marshmallow swirl things...so cute!!
The last slide show are the pics I took when I finished them but they are not good ones. It was after 1 am and I didn't feel like fighting with the lighting and what not. I will take some before I take them down. They are great for twist outs.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st April 2010, 12:21 pm

LOL @ channeling Nubie!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 1st April 2010, 4:43 pm

LOL! YOur twist outs look pretty good!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 4:57 pm

Thanks Scrugs!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Empty Randomness

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 5:30 pm

Check out this blog.

I would love my hair to be that red. It's always been what I wanted to try.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 1st April 2010, 5:42 pm

Oooo I love that red!!! I want some color in my hair but I'm so indecisive! I don't know if I wanna go Firey Red all over or highlights of some Bodacious Blonde ... Decisions decisions SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 16 Icon_scratch
Well I think you should go for the red Shee Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 8:36 pm

Hey Shee I just had to stop by and say that I love your avatar pic and your hair looks great!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 8:44 pm

Thanks for your vote Bholmes!!

Thanks Mellow, I'm glad you stopped by.

SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd April 2010, 2:18 am

I know what you mean about checkin in on everybody's thread. But I try my best too because it's fun but sometimes miss folks...lol. But you have to prioritize, definitely.

Love the new avatar!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd April 2010, 9:59 am

Hey Shee, just passing through ...

Happy Friday ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd April 2010, 10:30 pm

Your hair is looking good. I love the avatar. The three strand twist out was what's up, LOL--showing my age. Any way, I did a bentonite clay treatment the other day. Did your hair feel different afterward? If so, can you describe the feeling?

Enjoy tomorrow and Resurrection Sunday!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd April 2010, 10:37 pm

Oh yeah, I love the avatar. You look like you were saying, "How You Doin'?" like Wendy Williams.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th April 2010, 11:02 am

Morning Shee

Just stoppin by to say hi...and to see if you had a chance to post a picture of you three strand twist.

Do you want to go red with permanent color?

Hope you enjoy your Easter and your curls!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next