CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

+65
PaganWifey
cyclingchick
Buttercup76
iri9109
nattyblog
priceless
QuietButterfly
raina
swoodward
CurlsGalore
ktoliver5303
NylaCoils
jlowman1
LadyMika
Pi*Jay
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
poeticlyspkng
missmoriah
Karyn
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
Winnielours
MellowOne
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LaToya28
NubieNatty
Mz. Thang
MahoganyCurls
blondie
Cherry: extraordinary!
CocoEuro
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
FemmeFox
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
mojitochica
curlykinks
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
beautifuleyez
truet
A85
AfrikanLatina
divadr175
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Blackbeauty
dajewel
BindyMac08
SheeTacular
69 posters

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Empty Whipped Shea Butter Mix #3 1-3-10

Post by SheeTacular 3rd January 2010, 7:23 pm

16oz unrefined shea butter
1 1/4C hair tea
1/2C almond oil
1/4 C grapeseed oil
1/4 c olive oil
2 tbsp vatika oil
1/4 c coconut oil
1 TBSP Vitamin E oil
40 drops Tea Tree oil
25 drops Lavendar Oil

I whipped the shea butter with the whisk on my kitchenaide mixer. then added the tea whipped some more then addd the oils and put the essential oils in last.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Dsci2150

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Dsci2152

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Dsci2153
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 3:32 am

Girl, you put everything but the kitchen sink in this one....lol. Let me know how you like it. SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Empty Re: SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th January 2010, 5:25 am

You guys ate so crafty. Even though I'm considering compounding pharmacy as a career I'm not exactly excited about mixing up products for my hair. Lol. Honestly I prefer to purchase what somebody else already mixed. Maybe because right now I'm extremely busy. Maybe one day I'll get there.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th January 2010, 7:39 pm

Anyone ever feel disappointed in their hair or progress?

I look at my hair today and it looks good. It's a good length it's growing in and getting thicker. And some days I feel as if I should have retained more growth or I should know exactly how to care for my hair to minimize the breakage, blah, blah blah.

I mean I know in my head that things take time. I know my hair never grew in leaps and bounds. I know my hair is fragile.
BUT after watching so many videos of ladies that started with less hair than I did surpass me in length before thier first year anniversary can sometimes be a lil disheartening.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 5:30 pm

First, remember everyone is different. I see some of those videos and think the same thing. Their hair is longer than mine, and I started out with shoulder length hair SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Suspect .

Second, take pictures and look back to see how far you have come. We all have what is my hair doing days. But I remember the song by Rev. Paul Jones..."all of my good days outweigh my bad days, I won't complain."

Third, keep your head up!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 6th January 2010, 11:44 pm

Thanks Chrs!

Ok today I have shrunken twists. My scalp was itching so then I realized its been a week since I washed my hair. So I hopped in the shower wet my scalp and used Garnier's Olive, Avocado, shea condish and cleaned and massaged my scalp. I rinsed and added my shea mix and olive oil for moisture.

My scalp feels so much better. So Friday I will have had the full set of twists in a week. One more week to go then I have to decide what to do next.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 7th January 2010, 10:02 pm

Still moisturizing my twists and getting them back into prewashed shape. I'm not sure this set is going to make it two weeks.

I think if I make it thru sunday I will be good. I wanna try the Rosa Park Roll with my twists. It'll be a small roll but a roll yet and still.

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th January 2010, 10:32 pm

I am gonna do some mini twist and see if I cant keep them for two weeks. I'm not sure when though.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th January 2010, 12:57 am

Yeah these took me 3 days mostly because My heart wasn't into until i 3/4 of the way done then I kicked it into gear..lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th January 2010, 12:58 am

It wasn't straight days I would do a couple of rows then do something else you know sorta schizophrenic like that...even when I clean...
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 8th January 2010, 3:07 am

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Dsci2148

I'm a little late but your mom's bko is NICE! Very pretty.

Your small twist look great, I think they'll hold up nicely.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 8th January 2010, 7:54 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Anyone ever feel disappointed in their hair or progress?

I look at my hair today and it looks good. It's a good length it's growing in and getting thicker. And some days I feel as if I should have retained more growth or I should know exactly how to care for my hair to minimize the breakage, blah, blah blah.

I mean I know in my head that things take time. I know my hair never grew in leaps and bounds. I know my hair is fragile.
BUT after watching so many videos of ladies that started with less hair than I did surpass me in length before thier first year anniversary can sometimes be a lil disheartening.

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Icon_sad
I really relate to this. I feel the same way quite often. I try to tell myself that it's all a learning process and my journey was riddled with mishaps (heat damage, dryness, cuts instead of trims SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Icon_evil ) that have made my nearly two year old hair look like a fresh BC! I try to remember that many of us BC'd at various lengths, I just happened to BC super short! I also realized that my hair grows slower than the average 1/2 inch per month (between 1/4 and 1/2 inch monthly for me), so now I choose to focus on retention instead of growth.

Okay, okay, enough rambling. Sorry. All that to say: BE ENCOURAGED! We're in this together! SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 879602

---Reese SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th January 2010, 9:38 am

Freestyles wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Anyone ever feel disappointed in their hair or progress?

SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Icon_sad
I really relate to this. I feel the same way quite often. I try to tell myself that it's all a learning process and my journey was riddled with mishaps (heat damage, dryness, cuts instead of trims SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Icon_evil ) that have made my nearly two year old hair look like a fresh BC! I try to remember that many of us BC'd at various lengths, I just happened to BC super short! I also realized that my hair grows slower than the average 1/2 inch per month (between 1/4 and 1/2 inch monthly for me), so now I choose to focus on retention instead of growth.

Okay, okay, enough rambling. Sorry. All that to say: BE ENCOURAGED! We're in this together! SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 879602

Reese I think our hair is related. My hair grows very slowly. Its not very thick like yours but it curls very tightly, breaks easily and often looks dull. Maybe we are hair cousins.

But there is hope we are here so there is hope that we find a routine that your hair loves.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th January 2010, 9:44 am

Song of the day (Not only hair related just my life right now)

I've had some bad days. I've had some hills to climb. I 've had some weary days and some lonely night. But when I look around and I think things over....all of my good days out weighs my bad days.
I won't complain.

Sometimes the clouds hang low. I can hardly see the road. I ask the question Lord why so much pain. But He knows whats best for me. More than my weary eyes can see. So I'll just say thank you Lord. I won't complain.

God has been good. He has been good to me. More than this world or you can ever He's been good to me. He dries my tears away. Turns my midnights into day. So say thank you Lord I won't complain.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2010, 2:50 pm

Love the song of the day. Can you "sang?"
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th January 2010, 4:18 pm

I love that song!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th January 2010, 7:15 pm

Yes I sang!! My passion!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2010, 7:17 pm

You look like you can sang too! SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2010, 7:21 pm

mmm yeess I won't complain..SANG it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 9th January 2010, 12:07 am

OK I didn't every really define my curls. you know get them to clump together and look all prettyful. I was just watching a video and now I want to try. Maybe that will be one of my hair down pass days...I don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCS2xwj-U0c
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 1:27 am

Love the song!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 1:57 am

Sing SheeTacular_Napps, Sing! I needed that! Whew...Thank you Jesus!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th January 2010, 2:10 am

Sing the song, girl!!! We have alot to thank God for. AMEN SheeTacular's Hair Journey - Slide show! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 9th January 2010, 10:32 am

Two songs for today.

Thank you for another chance to say yes. Thank you for another chance to say ye-e-es. Yes to your will and yes to your way and thank you for another chance to say yes.

My soul says yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Grateful
I am grateful for the things that you have done.
Yes I'm grateful for the victories we've won.
I can go on and on and on about your works
because I'm grateful, grateful, so grateful just to praise you Lord.
Flowing from my heart are the issues of my heart
Is gratefulness.

Okay ladies. I'm just playing the moisturizing game with my twists and massaging my scalp. I was a lil disheartened yesterday I found another small smooth spot on my scalp near the front.

So what do I do? well I will keep massaging and using stimulating oils but now I am seriously thinking about going back to the dermatoligist. May give the shots a go again maybe they will do better since I'm not relaxing...

which reminds me I need to finish my hairstory and post it.

Darn genetics and scar tissue. I just want hair. It doesn't have to be down my back just hair.

Anyways I am still thankful.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th January 2010, 11:47 am

I am thankful too .... for all the wonderful women on this forum.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next