CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd February 2011, 3:35 pm

bholmes87 wrote:I love that ponytail! Sooo cute!! Caruso rollers get 2 thumbs up from me Very Happy

thank ya kindly!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:C-Cube...

Thanks for a step by step. I love your results, and the pony tail it to die for!! drunken

I never heard of Caruso rollers. **gotta go to Sally's** LOL

thank ya honey! check em out. they're really cool.

CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd February 2011, 3:41 pm

I've been watching Youtube vids of different things to do with these Caruso rollers of mine. I found one on how to make beachy waves, but I don't have enough of the rollers in the size I need to achieve the style, so I kept clicking away and found that you can do them with flexi rods so I did.

I touched up my edges a little with the flat iron. Sprayed on some Sebastian Halo Mist and some of that GVP Shine Remedy. For each section I put on Vitamin E oil (it's a mix with some really good oils that I can't remember the names of right now--but it's the J/A/S/O/N brand) and some Carol's Daughter Margarite's Magic to set it.

Sorry I didn't take pics with the flexi rods in but here are my results.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 S7301913

They are very soft waves. I think the Caruso's would have "sealed" the waves in some more. I hope these last all day!

CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd February 2011, 5:34 pm

Hey lady!! Your hair is too cute!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd February 2011, 5:53 pm

SheeTacular wrote:Hey lady!! Your hair is too cute!!

thank ya shee! i need to come by your house and see what's up with you!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th February 2011, 12:56 pm

So, so pretty C3! And your make up is beautiful too!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th February 2011, 1:04 pm

Hey C-Cube!!!

That's a cute wavy style. I've got to get to to Sally's and check out those Caruso rollers...LOL

Your make-up is soo pretty!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th February 2011, 1:43 pm

Loving what you are doing with the straight hair!!! I WILL NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE CARUSO ROLLERS!! Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th February 2011, 2:05 pm

Cute pic, I've been thinking of getting some of those Caruso rollers, I'm going to add those to my list.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th February 2011, 2:42 pm

Love the wavy look! The makeup is on point! get it CCC!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th February 2011, 2:52 pm

It's so funny I stumbled on to your thread, because I'm going to try a Caruso roller set! Your hair looks fabulous! It's so full and bouncy! It looks very soft, too! I'm glad you loved the results. I need something new and I'll be straighteining and barrel curling my hair with the Carusos. The soft waves look so pretty on you! Gorgeous makeup, lovely! I love it 3C!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 6th February 2011, 11:25 pm

Hey CCC!!!

The next hair item on my list is the tangle teezer, I've been hearing way too many good things about it and I usually have a hell of a time trying to detangle my hair. But it looks like I'm gonna have to get some Caruso Rollers too.....your hair looks great and that is a nice ponytail.....last time I had a ponytail like that was when I was rocking a weave, LOL!! Your hair looks FAB!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 12:36 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:So, so pretty C3! And your make up is beautiful too!

thank you so much!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey C-Cube!!!

That's a cute wavy style. I've got to get to to Sally's and check out those Caruso rollers...LOL

Your make-up is soo pretty!!!

thanks hun. i'm already plotting my additional roller purchase. i want some more medium sized ones, but sally's only has the jumbo ones in store. ugh.

Lynnieluve wrote:Loving what you are doing with the straight hair!!! I WILL NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE CARUSO ROLLERS!! Laughing

thank ya!
but lynnie...they are sooo easy to use!

krazy coils wrote:Cute pic, I've been thinking of getting some of those Caruso rollers, I'm going to add those to my list.

do it!!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the wavy look! The makeup is on point! get it CCC!

thanks sweet!!!

Funkyhairchic wrote:It's so funny I stumbled on to your thread, because I'm going to try a Caruso roller set! Your hair looks fabulous! It's so full and bouncy! It looks very soft, too! I'm glad you loved the results. I need something new and I'll be straighteining and barrel curling my hair with the Carusos. The soft waves look so pretty on you! Gorgeous makeup, lovely! I love it 3C!

thank ya darling! i can't wait to see your straight look!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey CCC!!!

The next hair item on my list is the tangle teezer, I've been hearing way too many good things about it and I usually have a hell of a time trying to detangle my hair. But it looks like I'm gonna have to get some Caruso Rollers too.....your hair looks great and that is a nice ponytail.....last time I had a ponytail like that was when I was rocking a weave, LOL!! Your hair looks FAB!!

don't wait too long on the tangle teezer. my mom went to get one at sally's and they told her they pulled them because they weren't selling well. i had to order it online for her. as for the caruso's those are great to have too. i want to experiment and see how a set comes out if i just blow dry. hmm...

CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 12:59 pm

UPDATE:

So I went out with my wavy party hair right...

My waves fell a bit, but I was still pretty pleased with it.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 Lbday110

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 S7302011

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 S7302012

I had sooo much fun! Probably too much! I was already sick, but I guess being out and sipping on a lil something something wasn't such a great idea because when I woke up the next morning I had lost my voice and couldn't stop coughing! I was a mess!

Never the less my dumb behind actually thought I was still gonna go out that day to brunch and the aquarium with my friend so I decided to restyle my hair with the Caruso rollers.

They came out way tighter, but I really liked the look.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 Img_0012

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 Img_0013

I didn't get to showcase this look (well my boyfriend saw it), because plans kept changing and by the time they got a plan together it was getting late so I just decided to sit it out since I was really feeling like death warmed over.

That was Friday. I stayed in bed with a bonnet on until Monday evening. My voice is just starting to come back. I hope by Friday I sound like myself and not the teenage boy going through "the change" that my boyfriend has dubbed me. He's a mess!

Since I couldn't wash my hair and I didn't really feel like rolling my hair or anything, I opted for my go to side bun. S-Curl (yep in the blue and white spray bottle) plus my olive oil eco, and a scarf makes for some smooth edges y'all! I can't find my little donut bun thing, so I just folded my hair over in that fashion pinned it and threw on a headband.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 Img_0014

One thing I'm not enjoying with this straight hair is being so aware of shedding! Since it's so much easier for the shed hair to slide right on out when I moisturize and stuff I get all freaked out until I see the little white bulb at the tip.

CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th February 2011, 1:02 pm

stilling looking fresh ... love it
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd February 2011, 3:21 pm

Hey y'all! Long time no post.

My straight hair is a thing of the past. Work last week was crazy, leaving me little time to style my hair for my boyfriend's coworker's birthday dinner.

So guess what I did! I went to my local BSS and made a new friend. Check her out.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 Jamaic10

Sorry for the bad Blackberry camera pic, but I don't have the digi with me and I wanted to show you guys!

Her name is Jamaica Girl and blending her with my real hair is crazy easy. Just takes some two strand flat twists! Even my boyfriend who doesn't particularly like when I wear weave/half wigs/wigs said it looked nice.

One of the older white ladies at my job that always thinks my hair is so cool gave me a compliment today. She's like "You always do such interesting things with your hair." I said "Yea I try to change it up every now and again."

And just so JG won't get lonely, I ordered the Youtube sensation "La Jay by Vanessa" She came in the mail today! I can't wait to play with her! I'll have to show y'all pics of her later, because I'm not about to take this hair out of the package at work. LOL.

I'm ready for this protective styling as I get back into my workout routine.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2011, 3:54 pm

Very nice 3C
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd February 2011, 3:57 pm

Jamaica girl is cute! You and KNH have the cutest wigs/ half-wigs.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd February 2011, 4:04 pm

Get it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd February 2011, 4:07 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Very nice 3C

thanks!

krazy coils wrote:Jamaica girl is cute! You and KNH have the cutest wigs/ half-wigs.

thanks! KNH is who got me thinking about doing the half wig thing.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd February 2011, 4:08 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Get it!

Laughing
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd February 2011, 6:54 pm

Hey C-Cube...

Girl I'm loving Jamaica Girl!!! THAT looks just like your hair!!! TOO CUTE!!!

Okay...just so you know; be ready for HUGE hair when you first open and try on La Jay. That is one HUGE half wig, but I love her more than my other Party Hats (as RYL1 as named them) LOL

Please come back and post when you try on La Jay....I'm so excited. Make sure to check out some of the styles and how to wear her on YouTube. I don't think I would have cut her so short if I had watched a couple of videos first!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 4:27 am

u know for somebody who lives in bmore...u sure are on THIS side of the beltway all the time Suspect love the pics, is that ur beau?

ooooh the JG looks like ur hair...let me guess...u found her in DC too Rolling Eyes
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th March 2011, 3:30 pm

@KNH, I still haven't really tried out LaJay yet. I don't know what I'm waiting for.

@Nubie, LOL. I work in DC, so I'm always roaming around looking for stuff. I actually got JG in a BSS in Maryland though. Oh and no the guy isn't my BF. Just an ex-coworker from a PT job I had years ago.

I haven't updated y'all on my hair in a while.

I washed my hair over the weekend and did a blow out so I could see if my Caruso steam rollers would work on blown out but not flat ironed hair. The curls did form, but I didn't like it...

Soooo, as to not waste a blow out, I ended up doing mini twists on my super stretched hair.

Look:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! - Page 40 S7300010

Took me forever and a day. I always think mini twists are a good idea until about an hour in, when I see that more than 3/4 of my head is still undone. But I like them. Look they are brushing shoulder. So exciting!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th March 2011, 3:42 pm

Hey C-Cube

I haven't done mini twists yet...don't have the time or patience...LOL Yours look good! So after you try La Jay you much check out Drew by DeShe!! Now that is a very nice HUGE wig!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th March 2011, 3:48 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey C-Cube

I haven't done mini twists yet...don't have the time or patience...LOL Yours look good! So after you try La Jay you much check out Drew by DeShe!! Now that is a very nice HUGE wig!!

TTYL

thanks! oooh girl. I've seen some YT vids on that Drew wig! It's hot! Did you get it?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next