CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

+61
greenyourdecor
TheRYL1
cyclingchick
Hurricane Curly
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
carfi366
swoodward
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
NhappyJackie
Muz
TMS
krazy coils
LadyMika
exhale1913
NylaCoils
jlowman1
CurlsGalore
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
DvaAuNaturel
LaToya28
neethair
bholmes87
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
adiaha
PaganWifey
StephanieB
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
tiashaunteƩ
Curly Film Chick
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
truet
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
d.denise
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
A85
nmoultry
CocaColaCutie
65 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Empty CocaColaCutie

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th November 2009, 6:19 pm

Glad the thread is back!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 13th November 2009, 5:02 pm

I got my eyebrows threaded at this Indian shop dowtown and they had hair goodies, henna, vatika oil, castor oil etc. I was tempted to get some henna since reading about a lot of folks plans for henna treatments and henna glazes, but the brand wasn't one I recognized from anyone's postings. Add to the fact that the box wasn't in English and I just decided to forgo until I know exactly what I want to buy. The place is close to my job so I can just make my way back over there if I really get the itch. I do want to do some sort of treatment on my hair this weekend, so maybe I should revisit the Cherry Lola Treatment.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Empty Re: CocaColaCutie--has some new friends!

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th November 2009, 1:24 pm

So I was utterly lazy with my hair this weekend. All those grand plans I had for the Cherry Lola Treatment went out the window and I was walking around with fuzzy cornrows looking like Queen Latifa in Set it Off. NOT A GOOD LOOK. I didn't feel like washing my hair and starting all over so I said I was just going to moisturize each braid and redo it. That didn't even happen.

Sunday was such a nice day that the BF and I ended up going out for an early lunch and driving around Baltimore. By the time we got back I ended up doing things around the house and then waiting for my friend to come over. Then I had to go grocery shopping and preparing for the week, and by the time all of that was over it was midnight and hair plans had to go out the window.

Oh well. I hope I have some time this week. Congress is back, so it's going to be a hellish week. Thank God for protective styling.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 17th November 2009, 10:44 am

I seriously need something to lay down my edges. I forget how, but yesterday I came across a product called Edge Tamer by Kera Care. It seems similar to the MyGel I was thinking about (only not with all those wonderful natural ingredients) I'm hoping I can find it in a BSS so I can get it without having to wait for shipping. My cornrows need some serious work. I'm hoping to get off work in enough time to actually do something about it but we'll see. Likely it would just be a rebraiding, not a full out wash routine.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 17th November 2009, 10:49 am

I use edge tamer. It's hard to find at BSS so when I order I just order 3. it's not all natural but it has a ton of oils and its more like a pomade. I like it. I put water on my hair first and then apply. Look on my thread and the night I sleeked my edges I used the Kera Care edges....I hope you like it when u get it. ALSO be careful when using it because it's thick and will build up

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 17th November 2009, 1:09 pm

the trick i use to smooth my edges is to wet them, apply moisturizer/butter and then apply a knee high right over them and tie at the back...they tend to lay down better for me that way...sometimes tooo much.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th November 2009, 3:38 pm

@nmoultry, thanks for the suggestion. I haven't started looking for the Edge Tamer yet, but if I really have to order it then I may just go with the MyGel. Where do you order yours? I need to do some price comparison.

@A85, thanks for the suggestion. Back when I was relaxed I used to do a similar method. I put spray curl activator under my gel and tie it down, so I will revisit that in the mean time.

On another note, I'm looking forward to my holiday vacay so I can play with my hair. I want to try out all these lovely techniques you ladies have shared with us. I'd like to attempt a rod set. I have some chunky ones, but I don't think I have enough hair at this point to use them. I might try and get some smaller ones, but you need a ton of those things. Maybe I should just do a straw set. I've got a bunch that have been laying around for some reason, but I could never figure out how to secure them with bobby pins. Idk. Maybe I'll just do a regular small roller set...decisions decisions...
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 19th November 2009, 8:58 pm

I just watched this youtube video of a lady coloring her natural hair and now I'm getting the itch. But I think I'll just use weave to get my color fix. I love the highlights in lace front I'm rocking.

I also picked up a handy tip on how to keep synthetic hair looking nice and pretty. Curling while wet. I know sounds strange and it's something I definitely would never do to my natural hair, but it worked wonders on the youtube video I watched. I think I'm going to try it out soon, because the ends are starting to look like who shot john. I also really want to do a wash routine. I miss playing in my hair.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th November 2009, 4:46 pm

I'm off next week yay, so guess what I'm going to do. Play with my hair! There's a Trader Joe's near my job so I decided to treat myself to their shampoo and conditioner. I went with the Nourish Spa after flirting with the idea of getting the Tingling Tea Tree set as well. I also go some of their aloe vera gel, which the saleslady told me is seasonal. I meant to get some coconut oil and avocado oil, but I forgot. I may make a trip back before I head home. I plan to do a lot of experimenting while I have the time off. I'm so excited!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Empty Joie's MyGel

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 5:51 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I seriously need something to lay down my edges. I forget how, but yesterday I came across a product called Edge Tamer by Kera Care. It seems similar to the MyGel I was thinking about (only not with all those wonderful natural ingredients) I'm hoping I can find it in a BSS so I can get it without having to wait for shipping. My cornrows need some serious work. I'm hoping to get off work in enough time to actually do something about it but we'll see. Likely it would just be a rebraiding, not a full out wash routine.

I have MyGel. I like it a lot. Just remember it does not play well with water. Only apply to damp or dry hair--a little goes a long way. The ingredients are all natural and moisturizing.

Have fun playing with your hair next week. I love Thanksgiving--three day work week for me CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Icon_cool .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th November 2009, 6:06 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
CocaColaCutie wrote:I seriously need something to lay down my edges. I forget how, but yesterday I came across a product called Edge Tamer by Kera Care. It seems similar to the MyGel I was thinking about (only not with all those wonderful natural ingredients) I'm hoping I can find it in a BSS so I can get it without having to wait for shipping. My cornrows need some serious work. I'm hoping to get off work in enough time to actually do something about it but we'll see. Likely it would just be a rebraiding, not a full out wash routine.

I have MyGel. I like it a lot. Just remember it does not play well with water. Only apply to damp or dry hair--a little goes a long way. The ingredients are all natural and moisturizing.

Have fun playing with your hair next week. I love Thanksgiving--three day work week for me CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Icon_cool .

thanks for the heads up! i'm still mulling over whether to order or not. if i had been smart i would have ordered it and timed the shipping for when i'll be off next week. but i totally wasn't thinking that far ahead.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd November 2009, 10:31 pm

I tried theTrader Joe's shampoo and conditioner I got and I absolutely love them! I used my Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner as a leave in and I sectioned my hair off in preparation to do some kinky twists. I watched some youtube videos to get the technique down, but lets just say it's going to take a lot of work. So for now I just have my hair in the twist that I conditioned my hair in. Ugh. I'll try again tomorrow.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 24th November 2009, 9:34 pm

Today I started take two of my kinky twist experiment. they are coming out better this time around, but I'm not sure I'm feeling the color. I got the 1B27 mix, but I think I should have went with the 1B30 mix. Oh well. I'm going to finish them up and wear them for at least three weeks, depending on how they hold up.

Here's a sneak peek

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Kinkytwists
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Watch?v=hbaaXpCXMQ0&NR=1
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 24th November 2009, 11:10 pm

I noticed you mentioned using an Oyin Handmade product. How do you like their stuff? I've been contemplating for months trying a few of their products.
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th November 2009, 3:20 am

curlykinks wrote:I noticed you mentioned using an Oyin Handmade product. How do you like their stuff? I've been contemplating for months trying a few of their products.

I really like their Honey Hemp Conditioner. It smells heavenly. I use it as a leave-in because I feel like it's too expensive to rinse out, but it also helps detangle and gets my curls popping when I do a wash and go. I also use the whipped pudding for any braiding or twisting I do.iI like that it moisturizes without leaving your hair feeling greasy. I didn't really care for their spray leave-ins or the shine and define. I don't feel like they really did anything for my hair.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 25th November 2009, 8:31 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:
curlykinks wrote:I noticed you mentioned using an Oyin Handmade product. How do you like their stuff? I've been contemplating for months trying a few of their products.

I really like their Honey Hemp Conditioner. It smells heavenly. I use it as a leave-in because I feel like it's too expensive to rinse out, but it also helps detangle and gets my curls popping when I do a wash and go. I also use the whipped pudding for any braiding or twisting I do.iI like that it moisturizes without leaving your hair feeling greasy. I didn't really care for their spray leave-ins or the shine and define. I don't feel like they really did anything for my hair.

I may give them a try. I know they've got a sample pack that isn't too expensive. Did it take a while to get it in the mail? I know they hand-make everything and offer a bit of a disclaimer on the shipping time.
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th November 2009, 11:22 am

I've also been sooo tempted to try Oyin. I think I'm going to give a conditioner a try and then go from there.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th November 2009, 7:20 pm

@curlykinks, I'm in Baltimore, so I just went to their storefront to get the products. I definitely suggest the sample pack. A little goes a long way with their stuff, so you'll get some good usage out of it!

@afrikanlatina give the conditioner a shot. I really love it!

On another note, I ended up taking out the kinky twists that I started. I woke up feeling like death warmed over and there was no way that I was going to be able to finish them. So I ended up doing a bunch of flat twists. So it's gonna be a flat twist out for Turkey Day. I hope it comes out ok.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th November 2009, 11:44 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! No Thanksgiving Twist Out for me. Dinner plans with the BF and his mom got canned, so I ended up cooking for the two of us. I didn't even bother to take my flat twists down. We might go to the movies tomorrow, so hopefully they'll be nice and defined for tomorrow.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 2:32 pm

Do you do your flat twists with two strands or one? How many do you typically put in your hair? Pictures would be great.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 27th November 2009, 10:57 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Do you do your flat twists with two strands or one? How many do you typically put in your hair? Pictures would be great.

I do two strand flat twists. Usually I'll do about 8 of them going all the way down, but this time I split my hair in half and did about 6 on the top section and 6 on the bottom section. I like the effect. I feel like it made my hair bigger. No pics this time around bc my camera battery died and my camera phone won't do it justice.

I might keep wearing my hair out. The BF likes it a lot.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th November 2009, 6:55 pm

Last night my hair felt dry so I spritzed it with some water and aussie hair insurance leave in and then slathered a little bit of some aussie moist on it. I did some medium sized twists all over and then unraveled (with a bit of coconut oil on my hands) for a wild twist out. I got a pretty good curl pattern going on, but it's not smooth. I can tell I'm going to like it more and more as it grows out.

I think I'm going to try out CurlyNikki's setting lotion concoction for a flat twist out. I'm not sure. It's raining here in Baltimore so I'm not sure if I should go through the hassle when my hair is likely to just poof tomorrow because of the weather. It's either that or slap the lacefront on. I still haven't detangled and recurled that thing though.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 1st December 2009, 5:57 pm

Last night cowashed my hair with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa condish and tried CurliNikki's setting lotion concoction. I only made half a batch, using my Suave Naturals Milk and Honey condish, some "Action Exclusives" setting lotion (they are a company in Md not natural though) and olive oil. I shook it up in an applicator bottle and squirted some in my hands to apply all over. Then I parted two sections (top and bottom) to do flat twists. I did about 6 on the bottom row and 8 on the top row, applying the styling lotion to each section. It dried nicely, but when I went to take the flat twists out this morning it was coming out frizzier than I would have liked. I was running short on time so I retwisted the section I took out and put my lacefront on. Perhaps I could have put more of the styling lotion on my hair as I was taking it out, but I didn't want my hair to get too moist because it's really cold out today. Oh well. I guess the point of me buying this lacefront was for it to be a protective style. I did have fun playing with my hair while I was on vacay though. I think the best option for me at this point is to use the lacefront during the week and just do my wash, condish routines on the weekend.

Last edited by CocaColaCutie on 1st December 2009, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarify how I used the styling lotion)
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd December 2009, 12:45 pm

here's a pic of the side/back:

CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Ceceha11

and here's the flat twist set I did:
CocaColaCutie--has some new friends! Flattw10
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next