CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newest Henna Head Here!!!!

+3
denni11
MissyCee
aynoslagirl
7 posters

Go down

Newest Henna Head Here!!!! Empty Newest Henna Head Here!!!!

Post by aynoslagirl 25th February 2011, 10:57 pm

I'm so excited! I just wanted to share with someone who'd care, so I knew I could find someone here dance

I just henna-d for the first time today. I am really pleased with the results. I used the Jamila (BAQ) 100g, green tea, honey recipe. I did a daytime henna for about 4 1/2 hours (next time I may be brave enough to henna overnight). After rinsing, I co-washed with Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration then DT with Shea Moisture's restorative masque for about an hour.

http://public.fotki.com/aynoslagirl/first-henna/

Things I noted:
1. My hair felt a little crunchy when I initially rinsed the henna out. But once I DT'd, my hair felt silky
2. My curl pattern is ever so slightly looser (still have my 4a/b texture)
3. My curls feel very elastic and bouncy (even though I only have 2 inches of hair).
4. My once gray hairs are now orangey/red (this is a good thing)
5. I cannot see the auburn tint yet because I have yet to walk out into the sun (I finished at 7:00)
6. I like the earthy henna smell (kinda smells like nuts). It's a little masked by the products I conditioned and styled with, but I like it all the same.

I am now a henna head! I plan to henna gloss next. I think I'll do so once a month for a while. Very Happy
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

http://www.sonyamccoywilson.com

Back to top Go down

Newest Henna Head Here!!!! Empty Re: Newest Henna Head Here!!!!

Post by MissyCee 26th February 2011, 1:27 am

Very nice and congrats!!! Pics??????
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by denni11 26th February 2011, 8:31 am

I just did my 4th Henna and I can see the color change now- I do it once a week and am loving it. I did a Henna Gloss once and it has the same benefits just no color-

and I love my 6 now orange colored strands!!!
denni11
denni11

http://kabuln210days.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 26th February 2011, 12:52 pm

@MissyCee - Thank you! You should be able to see the pics if you click on that fotki link.

@denni11 - I definitely want the color, so I guess I'll do straight henna. I was thinking of henna-ing once a week for the first month. In your experience (or anybody else who reads this) will the DT be sufficient to combat the drying effects?
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 26th February 2011, 8:23 pm

Congrats ayno! woot! Once a week for a full henna may be a little too much, especially from a time perspective. I usually do a full henna treatment once a month and a short henna gloss once a month. on the off weeks, I let my hair rest with either just a poo/condish, or a poo/condish/DT
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 26th February 2011, 8:38 pm

Thanks for the advice ajsimmons. I thought once a week might be a bit much
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 26th February 2011, 9:19 pm

Hey aynoslagirl, first of congrats on your first henna, and welcome to the "henna head club"..HHC... Very Happy

Like AJS said once a week is a bit much. i do mine about twice a month and my hair tends to be a bit dry and it takes me a while to get my moisture back .. so be careful.

But, other than that the color AWESOME!!!!!

Enjoy
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 26th February 2011, 9:28 pm

Twice a month it is! Thank you all for your great advice Very Happy
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 26th February 2011, 11:47 pm

Ok, I missed the fotki link, sorry. But your hair looks great. Did you coil or is that your natural hair? I didn't see any coppery colors, but great job!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 26th February 2011, 11:53 pm

@MissyCee That's me with Carefree Curl Gold. The copper strands are there, but it's hard to capture them in artificial lighting.
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 27th February 2011, 1:35 am

CONGRATS and YAY! woot!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 27th February 2011, 10:18 pm

congrats!! I'm a new henna head too! Loves it! cheers
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 27th February 2011, 10:27 pm

Thanks Ladydiva
@nattynattie - Thank you! Please tell me about your experience so far. How long have you been henna-ing? How often do you henna? How is your hair responding? Do tell... Very Happy
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 27th February 2011, 10:59 pm

aynoslagirl, I've only been henna'ing for a few weeks now. I'm using jamila summer 2009, mixing with tea and honey (like you Surprised) I'm 4a/4b with about 3 inches of hair strectched.

The first time, my mix was probably a bit too thick, great results - softer, shinier, silkier feeling hair...but I used the whole 100g's and probably could have used a little more. I left it in for about 4 hours during the day on a Saturday. My hair didn't seem any more dry than if i had just shampooed with a clarifying poo. It was great after a DC.

I henna'd for the second time the next weekend, overnight on a Friday night. This time, I made the mix a little more runny. I was able to saturate my hair more, and I have some left over now in the freezer, using 100g's again. This time, my hair was A LOT more dry (probably bc I had just henna'd the week before?) Same great results, multiplied a bit, but I had to DC twice that weekend to combat the dryness.

Then finally, last weekend, I did an Amla gloss, because I'm a nut and I'm hooked on the effects these treatments are having on my hair drunken
My hair shines with no product while it's wet, my curls are much more defined, and I use much less product for conditioning and styling.

The first pic is my hair in the sunlight, slightly dark brownish, big deal to me bc my hair is naturally jet black, the second pic is my hair indoors. I have some indigo too, after a few more henna's, I'm gonna want my jet black back. And one more thing...these are wash and goes with only Giovanni Direct Leave In...no gel, no curl definers...which I couldn't have done before!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll probably start doing a henna treatment once a month starting in March. Woo Hoo!

nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 27th February 2011, 11:09 pm

Great results on your henna Natty. When you freeze your left over henna, what do you put it in? The first and only time I attempted to freeze my left over henna, I tried putting it in freezer bag, key word "Tried". Suspect I had henna all over my kitchen counter: I won't be trying that one again.

What did you put in your Amla gloss, I was going to try and do one this week sometime.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 27th February 2011, 11:43 pm

Nattynattie! Way cool! Your hair is gorgeous! Your curls and your results sound so similar to mine now and mine in the near future Wink

I noticed something very similar about my curls only 2 days after my first henna. I co-washed this morning, and I could feel and see all of my curls defined all over my head. In the past, my sides were fuzzy. Not anymore!

I'm so excited. I'm thinking I'll henna again in a week to two weeks. I'll take your advice about the double deep conditioning.
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 28th February 2011, 12:00 am

Awwwwww, thanks aynoslagirl!! Yes!! That's the description I was trying to think of...seeing my curls without the fuzziness.

When did you BC? Someone else with a TWA, yay!!!
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 28th February 2011, 12:17 am

I BC'd Dec. 31, 2010. But I was loc'd for 8 years. Loose and natural for 3 years before that. But this is the first time I've BC'd with a TWA. Before, I transitioned for nearly 2 years. So the TWA experience is all new. I really love it!
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 28th February 2011, 12:50 am

I am a relatively new henna head myself and I am so looking forward to my 3rd henna treatment this upcoming week Smile This will be my first time using Jamilla and I am anticipating the color build up on my hair! Your curls look great and there is shine for days! NICE Smile
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down