CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hairyuveda Challenge

+50
Ladybird
K.DES
slimwithabs
ginabina
ajsimmons8
dajewel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
noski
misskris
Sebastain13
SheeTacular
bajangyrl
Choctaw
jamaicacurl
swoodward
CrissyQ
Alanija
tshala
libs2001
Karyn
Curlock Holmes
s4pphir3
Natural-In_Me
jasikazenith
KeAnia
naturalnat
Steveburner
Keesh
DMCC
Kurly4theKid
Carolina Natural
Ms Hood
adamseve
letha
CurlyCaramelCutie
envizionj
Brainiac
AfrikanLatina
freckledmom4
curlydpm
krazy coils
newday
TerraD
carfi366
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
gennatay
Juices-n-Berries
ButterQueen
54 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Hairyuveda Challenge - Page 31 Empty Re: Hairyuveda Challenge

Post by ButterQueen 11th March 2011, 6:48 pm

@alanija, I do agree with freckled mom you should probably give yourself a good wash to remove the remaining henna and
yes nattynattie welcome aboard(the more the merrier!!! cheers
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 11th March 2011, 7:21 pm

Thanks BQ! Quick question because I'm still in the process of ordering: I saw some of the delicious poos on your site, (herbal shampoo, shea and honey shampoo, etc), but everytime I click to order one, it's not going into my shopping cart. Are these poos unavailable right now?? I reeeeeeeeally want the herbal one...the reviews are amazing!
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 11th March 2011, 7:32 pm

@nattynattie try refreshing your browser and if that doesnt work email me directly.
beauty4u@butters-n-bars.com
Thanks so Much ;-)
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 11th March 2011, 7:56 pm

K, thanks! I'll finish the order at home, I'm leaving work now. I'll shoot you an email if I have any probs. Thanks again!!
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 13th March 2011, 1:00 am

Welcome Natty! Lots of great info here. We learn each day!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 13th March 2011, 12:07 pm

Thanks Missy! I did an amla gloss last night, but I think I over-did it with the protein. I mixed it with cocunut milk instead of water, and used Giovanni Conditioner. My hair was shiny and rich looking...but it felt hard hard hard.

I've got the henna thing down, but I'm still trying to figure out amla Neutral

I'm under the hooded drier doing a hot oil treatment right now, then I'll put in some twists and leave it alone for a while!!!
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 13th March 2011, 7:53 pm

Hello Freckledmom4 and BQ, I have washed my hair since the henna and I still have cheez doodle hands. My curls are back to normal which is a wonderful thing, and the color has toned down quite a bit which is even better!! I'm going to order some things from B-N-B and just pamper my hair to get the softness back. I just didn't know what to do for the color still rinsing out, but all in all, it wasn't that bad of a henna experience. Thanks to all of you for your support.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th March 2011, 1:54 pm

nattynattie wrote:Thanks Missy! I did an amla gloss last night, but I think I over-did it with the protein. I mixed it with cocunut milk instead of water, and used Giovanni Conditioner. My hair was shiny and rich looking...but it felt hard hard hard.

I've got the henna thing down, but I'm still trying to figure out amla Neutral

I'm under the hooded drier doing a hot oil treatment right now, then I'll put in some twists and leave it alone for a while!!!

I usually mix amla with plain warm water & honey or add a little conditioner (cone-free). Giovanni products tend to be protein heavy so that's probably what pushed it over the top. I hope the oil helped to bring back the softness.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th March 2011, 1:55 pm

Alanija wrote:Hello Freckledmom4 and BQ, I have washed my hair since the henna and I still have cheez doodle hands. My curls are back to normal which is a wonderful thing, and the color has toned down quite a bit which is even better!! I'm going to order some things from B-N-B and just pamper my hair to get the softness back. I just didn't know what to do for the color still rinsing out, but all in all, it wasn't that bad of a henna experience. Thanks to all of you for your support.

You're welcome!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 14th March 2011, 3:22 pm

Has anyone had any experience using Cassia in your regimen?
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 14th March 2011, 9:44 pm

Hi natty!!
Cassia is a wonderful option for people who want henna conditioning without henna color.
I myself have had a love hate relationship with cassia as I am one who hennas for color and have (on more than one occasion-i guess i'm a glutton for punishment, lol) used cassia following once a cocoa brown and again following a burgundy serial henna and while my hair was such a deep burgundy from the henna my kids said it looked purple, lol, was all put to an end and left me with a weird brownish color. I was devasted (I had been hennaing twice a week to get that color only to be wrecked in a single app of cassia).
So if you are using henna for color then I really dont recommend mixing the 2 treatments(especially if you have gray since they may turn strawberry blond!) unless you're adding small amounts of cassia to your henna or if you're using henna for hair which is not body art quality and deposits less color-otherwise you never know what color you may come up with affraid
If I was hard to follow here let me know, but I hope this helps
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by curlydpm 14th March 2011, 11:27 pm

Welcome Nattynattie --I have used cassia and continue to use it for conditioning benefits. I have however never done a henna treatment so cannot compare. I tried it with herbal teas and multiple combos alma/brahmi/ maki, etc. and found that My best results were when I mixed it with coconut milk ( my hair needs protein ) I did notice once that my silver hairs were golden blond afterwards. This however did not last very long and they are in the top of my head .... I do a heated DT moisture treatment afterwards, just as one would do after henna.
hummm that reminds me I got my new hair masque and cassia.... from BnB cheers
@ButterQueen- do you think I can add a little cassia to the herbal hair masque for a one stop shop effect or should I keep it seperate? confused Thanks in advance
curlydpm
curlydpm

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 14th March 2011, 11:37 pm

thanks BQ and curlydpm! That helps a lot. I've been doing amla treatments between henna treatments, and I'm not sure if I'm seeing any major results from the amla, I'm wondering if cassia would be better. I'm not all that concerned about color, my natural color is jet black, so the henna doesn't affect it much at all.

I did just order a bunch of amla from you though, BQ...so I should probably figure out how to make the most of it!! Smile
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by martin1987 16th March 2011, 4:31 am

Yesterday I ordered the Vatika Oil, Henna, Cassia, and the site. If I had known of this challenge, I have arisen about shikakai, Amla and Brahmi. Maybe I can control the Indian stock market. Houston is very diverse.

martin1987

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 20th March 2011, 9:01 am

curlydpm wrote:
@ButterQueen- do you think I can add a little cassia to the herbal hair masque for a one stop shop effect or should I keep it seperate? confused Thanks in advance
If you do add it to the masque, you'll definitely need to add more liquid to it since the masque is very thick-your favorite coconut milk or aloe vera juice (or gel) would be perfect.(you could add purified water as well, however these are my recommendations ;-)

nattynattie wrote:thanks BQ and curlydpm! That helps a lot. I've been doing amla treatments between henna treatments, and I'm not sure if I'm seeing any major results from the amla, I'm wondering if cassia would be better. I'm not all that concerned about color, my natural color is jet black, so the henna doesn't affect it much at all.

I did just order a bunch of amla from you though, BQ...so I should probably figure out how to make the most of it!! Smile
Well Natty, consider what you're trying to achieve from your amla treatments. Amla is good for strengthening the roots of the hair and is also known for helping the hair maintain a rich dark color and toning down the henna reds a bit. If you're looking for something to condition and soften your hair more then I would say try combining amla with a powder like brahmi. Jaswand and Mahabhringraj (maka) are also conditioning powders. But perhaps we can help a bit more if you tell us what you're looking for in theses treatments.

@freckledmom-3 words- FAB-U-LOUS Wink that hairdo is very becoming
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 20th March 2011, 11:03 am

love the new avatar freckledmom!!! your hair looks great!

Thanks BQ! That's very helpful already. I'm definitely looking for conditioning treatments for my hair in addition to my henna treatments. I didn't know that I should have been mixing something else with the amla, that makes sense. I have 500g's of Amla coming from B-N-B, so this is good to know, lol. I'll probably be placing another order.

I want my hair to be soft and defined. I have very thick tightly coiled hair, it feels pillow-y when it's very conditioned and brillow-y when it needs help. I don't think it will ever be silky, just want the softness....mmmmm afro

nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 20th March 2011, 11:44 am

I think you should definitely try a hair masque for that softness. Some people like to use bentonite clay but it is definitely not my personal clay of choice. The herbal masque is wonderful, and aloe is girls best friend. You'll find that most of the time our hair is in need of moisture and once it gets to that brillowy feeling its because we've deprived it of moisture, Daily spritzes with aloe bases or herbal 'teas' are great for that. Even oil rinses and avoiding washing too much will also help. Remember moisture is the key, skin that is moisturised doesnt crack, peel, or scar and hair that is moisturised is less prone to break which helps growth. Humans are made up of more than 80% water so doesnt it make perfect sense that we need moisture to keep ourselves beautiful. Razz
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 20th March 2011, 2:12 pm

oh yes BQ!!!! I have the herbal hair masque coming too!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooo! I am soooooooo excited to try it. I'm probably not good about moisturizing my hair other than on wash days Neutral

how do you (and everyone else Smile incoporate daily moisturizing into your routine? what do you use?
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 20th March 2011, 3:44 pm

nattynattie wrote:oh yes BQ!!!! I have the herbal hair masque coming too!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooo! I am soooooooo excited to try it. I'm probably not good about moisturizing my hair other than on wash days Neutral

how do you (and everyone else Smile incoporate daily moisturizing into your routine? what do you use?
I completely understand, sometimes me personally , on most days I ht the ground running and taking those extra few minutes to moisturize in the mornings before my day begins just doesnt work for me so I moisturize at night before. I dont usually wear 'loose' styles unless my hair is twisted, but pretty much every night on hair that is moist (usually in the shower I allow some water to get on my hair then I spritz with my aloe spritzer) apply my favorite mahabhringraj oil a little hair butter (or just plain shea butter), smooth it with a brush and wrap it up and in the morning I'm good to go. Hair is soft to the touch , edges smoothed and my 'back to work' sleek do and I are ready to face the world, lol. When I'm doing a twisted style I still use basically the same method except I dont let water get on my hair from the shower. I lightly spritz, put in a little oil and wrap my edges so that the rest of the hair is left loose, but covered. On a twist out I would spritz but very lightly and apply the oil and not the butter, use a bonnet to cover or do some loose plaits to keep the style in tact. For those who have a bit more time then doing the daily spritz in the mornings may work and applying your moisturizers (especially if you have to go out in the elements early during the day) may even be better, but you can also make an herbal tea spritzer to get your daily dose but I found that if you moisturise properly and then seal in that moisture your hair will always be shiny, soft and touchable (no crunchies or fuzzy wuzzies:-) and it's easy to do Smile
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st March 2011, 4:23 pm

Thanks BQ & nattynattie for the avi love! Very Happy
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 22nd March 2011, 10:59 am

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! Got my BNB order yesterday Smile I shampooed this morning with my new herbal shampoo for a wash and go= AMAZING! I can't believe I had soft and defined curls after poo'ing!! Can't wait to incorporate this product in my regimen. I did an oil rinse with Amla Gold plus my Giovanni conditioner. LOVING the results.

I also made a face mask last night with amla, aloe vera juice and honey...my skin is happy Smile
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 22nd March 2011, 10:51 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:
Alanija wrote:Hello Freckledmom4 and BQ, I have washed my hair since the henna and I still have cheez doodle hands. My curls are back to normal which is a wonderful thing, and the color has toned down quite a bit which is even better!! I'm going to order some things from B-N-B and just pamper my hair to get the softness back. I just didn't know what to do for the color still rinsing out, but all in all, it wasn't that bad of a henna experience. Thanks to all of you for your support.

You're welcome!

Girl, that hair is looking absolutely beautiful and love that syle you are rocking!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 22nd March 2011, 10:55 pm

Carfi!!!! Very Happy Very Happy I've missed you on here, you were one of the reasons I decided to take the plunge and start using henna. How have you been doing?
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd March 2011, 11:04 pm

Thanks carfi! What have you and curlybop been up to?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Hairyuveda Challenge - Page 31 Empty Imagine the Possibilities!!

Post by ButterQueen 27th March 2011, 9:55 pm

Hi Everyone, hope everyone is doing well. I have in the works something that I am sooooo thrilled about. It has troubled me since I started on this 'hairyuveda' journey how one of the most popular oils is based in mineral oil and has some other ingredients I'm not too thrilled with either Neutral
Couldnt figure out why so many unnecessary things could taint what would be a totally beneficial hair product.
Okay so what the heck am I talking about Suspect
AMLA OIL, honestly the only recommendations for it (until now, heh heh) have been as an oil rinse or pre-poo or some such treatment that would be rinsed of, never an oil thats really suitable (for most of us) to use as a moisturising hair oil to be left on because of the (ick) mineral oil factor.
So what did I do, I studied and studied study
and asked questions scratch of the Indian doctors and scientists who know this stuff and came up with this (drum roll ;-) woot!
An organic amla oil based in virgin organic oils like sesame (oh and I have so much love for this oil , sharing coming soon), olive, and castor oil. Along with organic (yes organic, i'm so happy!) Amla, Pure Rosemary and more all natural good stuff.
Nothing artificial, no green artificial coloring or synthetic fragrances just the good stuff- the bomb ya'll (lol) Only the best...we deserve it:D
WATCH OUT FOR FREEBIES COMIN AT YOU SOON run
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next