CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Length :(

+5
Peggy
BrownSkinDiva
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteé
mekaboodc
9 posters

Go down

No Length :( Empty No Length :(

Post by mekaboodc 9th May 2010, 7:55 pm

Hi chicas!!

I BC'd Nov 2008 and i feel like my bush is in still in the same place it was a year ago (not big enough). I get tiny knots at the ends of my hair and it seems to be snapping, which in turn is not translating my hair growth into length.

My curl pattern is very tight. My hair tends to be dry so i have been using Carols Daughter Tui Oil. my hair is responding well but i feel like i need to add something else or a better regimen.

Any suggestions??

mekaboodc

Back to top Go down

No Length :( Empty Re: No Length :(

Post by tiashaunteé 9th May 2010, 10:36 pm

What is your current regimen, including styles?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mekaboodc 9th May 2010, 10:55 pm

I wash with Organix Soymilk and lavender shampoo twice a week.
I condition with Curlz Conditioner and detangle with KCKT then add shea butter or Cantu oil moisturizer.
i usually flat twist or two strand twist it after over night and twist out in the morning.
I am in need of a deep conditioner though. Any suggestions?

Last edited by mekaboodc on 9th May 2010, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more info)

mekaboodc

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th May 2010, 7:57 am

TRY AUBREY ORGANICS HONEYSUCKLE ROSE CONDITTIONER.
ALSO GIOVANNI SMOOTH N SHINE CONDITIONER.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 10th May 2010, 8:53 am

you may also want to look into doing more conditioner washing and less washing with shampoo twice a week. The sulfates in alot of shampoos strip your hair of its natural oils. Alot of naturals who do shampoo make sure to condition very well to replenish that moisture that is being lost. I typically shampoo once a month, but using clarifying conditioners at least twice a week....but remember, the tighter the coil the more you will NEED to make sure you have moisture distributed on your strands so it wont be dry....

hope this helps Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy 10th May 2010, 4:57 pm

hi dolls,

my top is growing out A LOT... but my back is really short. i bc'd on 10/10/09 and today marks my 7th month and i'm not where i thought i'd be, hair length wise...

besides the regular stuff (co-washing, DCing, moisturizing, baggy'ing) is there anything else I can do to achieve or retain length?
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vcoutureex3 18th May 2010, 8:57 pm

Peggy,
i just started using wild hair growth oil because i was in the discussion about it, http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/grow-long-f9/wild-grow-hair-oil-t795.htm. many ladies have said they got great results from it, so maybe this could help. But please be aware that the first time i used it by hair was very itchy now i'm looking for things to do to decrease the itching.
Please keep me posted on how your hair grows, because i have a friend that will be doing the BIG CHOP.
vcoutureex3
vcoutureex3

http://vcouturex3@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyQT 21st May 2010, 11:40 pm

You might want to do a pre-poo, and that's just adding oil to your hair and scalp. It like a hot oil treatment without the heat, if that make any sense lol. My ends were very weak and extremely brittle. I only shampoo once a week and I had to make sure the shampoo I was using had some type of moisturizer in it. I use Giovanni smooth as silk deep moisture. But before I shampoo I douse my hair with olive oil, from roots to ends. I have seen a significant difference in my ends since.
KurlyQT
KurlyQT

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 22nd May 2010, 11:04 pm

I agree with the others to nix the shampooing and stick with a pre-poo and/or cowash. I heard that if you massage your scalp with your head dangling off you bed then your hair will grow faster because of stimulation and blood flow carrying the nutrients to the hair shaft.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 23rd May 2010, 12:03 am

Organix is sulfate free, so it shouldn't be stripping your hair of any oils. Since you use CD products, I HIGHLY recommend the Tui Smoothie for a DC. It made my hair feel so amazing, but the price is REAL steep. It's 20$. I haven't found anything that's made my hair feel that good though.

For moisture, I'd recommend using a water based moisturizer (a thick conditioner, or even water) and sealing with an oil (coconut oil, olive oil, or castor oil). Since you already have SSK's though, you need to trim them off. This method of moisturizing has completely eliminated those pesky knots from my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'd also protective style if I were you. Instead of flat twisting and taking it out the next day for a twist out, keep it twisted for like 5 days. Then wash, DC, and twist back up. Here is a link from tiashauntee's blog with 199 protective styles (well, at least 100 of them are PS-friendly lol)!

HTH & HHG
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down