CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

+58
BeautifullyImpurfekt
Karyn
ktoliver5303
Tamren
Mz. Thang
Vee
neethair
Erica5417
xtremelyperfect
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
MellowOne
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
mochamoments
LaToya28
CrissyQ
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
NhappyJackie
MahoganyCurls
NubieNatty
Shauny
coilykinks
TerraD
bholmes87
StephanieB
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
SheeTacular
p_nuttie43
vonda4b
BindyMac08
diamondcurls
lovesunshine17
d.denise
BlakButterfli
dajewel
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
LilMsPuddles
traveljunkie08
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Freestyles
Juices-n-Berries
62 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Empty Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th December 2009, 3:22 am

Well I did it! My BC was today at 2pm. I am officially au naturale. I'm not going to lie, as excited as I was, I was terrified. I went boldly to my stylist and told her that I wanted to cut off the relaxed hair. But as soon as she put the scissors to my hair, I said "Wait, are we cutting already? Couldn't I get some sort of warning???" LOL. After it was done, I was nonetheless shocked. It's very different seeing your natural hair by itself than seeing new growth mixed in with relaxer. As the fro was a bit much to handle, especially black (not a fan of dark hair on me), my stylist and I settled on some coil twists. Maybe I chickened out a little, but hey. No one said this was going to be easy. But I'm excited about the journey ahead. And I hope that you will join me.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1410

Last edited by Juices-n-Berries on 11th May 2010, 4:18 pm; edited 44 times in total
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Freestyles 20th December 2009, 3:28 am

Congrats! Your coils look great! I'll definitely be keeping tabs on you and your progress! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

---Reese Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th December 2009, 3:40 am

Oh, I forgot to properly introduce myself. My name is Lorece. I'm from Houston, TX and 24 years old. I'm currently in my 2nd year of pharmacy school although I'm also a certified 8-12 science teacher. My favorite movie is Coming to America (hence the title of this blog). I'm a Liberian girl at heart, but a down south country gal. So, who is Lorece? I'm Eccentric, Emo, Eclectic, a Social Networking Addict (follow me on Twitter @MissLeggz), and I love a good debate. Until tomorrow... here are more pics from today's BC

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1412

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1413

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1414
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th December 2009, 3:42 am

Thanks @Freestyles. I love your hair with the flower. I hope to get some color soon as well. Shame on me I know. But I can't help it...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th December 2009, 3:55 am

Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 20th December 2009, 4:03 am

Chicken you are not! I love the twist, BEAUTIFUL!!!

Welcome, cannot wait to see the fro Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Icon_rr
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th December 2009, 4:09 am

Thanks Human Nature. As you can see, my social networking addiction has now been transferred to CurlyNikki. Lol. That being said, I do my best to respond to every reply. Btw. Love the curls in the avatar.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 20th December 2009, 11:15 am

Congrats on you BC!!! your coils/twists combo look absolutely :: gorgeous ::

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th December 2009, 12:16 pm

My hunny and I were just watching Coming to America the day before yesterday like we had never seen it before. That movie never gets old. I bust out laughing when the barber says, "That ain't nothin' but an ultra perm!" Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Lol Too funny!

Anyway, welcome and congrats on the BC. You comb coils look lovely!!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th December 2009, 2:40 pm

Congratulations on the BC! Your coils are nicely done, beautiful.

What color do you plan to get?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 20th December 2009, 2:57 pm

Congrats on your BC. I love your coils. I think Im gonna try that soon. Youve inspired me. Cute, cute, cute!!!
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 20th December 2009, 2:57 pm

Congrats on your BC!!! You look absolutely fabulous! And coils are a great style option!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 20th December 2009, 4:04 pm

The twists are such a cool accent, congrats!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th December 2009, 8:45 pm

Hey girl, YOU DID IT!!! It looks great!!! What did mom say? Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Icon_biggrin

I look forward to seeing your progress.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th December 2009, 8:49 pm

Congratulations on your BC and your hair is cute!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 8:49 pm

Congrats on the BC!!!! Your coils are beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th December 2009, 9:12 pm

Thanks everyone for all your support.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Congratulations on the BC! Your coils are nicely done, beautiful.

What color do you plan to get?

I'm thinking about getting a very light brown or something with some golden blonde highlights. Drastic I know, but I like it. We'll see.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th December 2009, 9:41 pm

So guys, today was great! My parents loved loved loved my hair! My dad's the one who did the impromptu photoshoot. It was such a sigh of relief to know that they were 100% in favor of the look. It doesn't really matter, but it helps when those close to you accept it.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1510

I was a little scared this look would make me look like a boy. I'm already 5'7" 105 with an A cup. But when I put on that sweater dress to church this morning. I KNEW I was bad! I'm small but I got some curves Lol. I am sooooo excited about this journey. And happy to have all of you on my team.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1511

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1512

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Dsc_1416

Last edited by MissLeggz on 20th December 2009, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my first picture didn't show up)
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th December 2009, 10:01 pm

do ya thang, girl!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th December 2009, 10:29 pm

Let me borrow that dress!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 20th December 2009, 10:43 pm

Oh honey - your coils are BEAUTIFUL! And that dress - I KNOW you shut down the church house! lol I know that's not the intent, but it is what it is...

...have you ever thought about doing a reddish tone in your hair? I think it would look great with your skin tone. A cinammon/red thing...

...anyways, I just tried my first fro/faux hawk and this is the FIRST time I've loved any style on my hair. So, I am very inpsired by your beautiful coils.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st December 2009, 4:10 am

Thanks. Lol. I've worn that dress all day. To church and out. Smh at myself. It's kickin tho. I've thought about red, but I'm not sure. I like more earthy stuff. I love styles and to experiment with different looks. I have a great natural hair stylist. I just don't like that she uses very bad products on the hair. I'm glad I could be an inspiration.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 21st December 2009, 6:08 am

awww you look great! i'm glad you had such a positive experience with your BC... and lol at your dad and his impromptu photo shoot - that sounds just like my daddy! And then he prints them out in a 8x10 and laminates them or frames them lol...bless his heart.

I may be moving to Houston soon so you will have to share some info on your stylist!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 21st December 2009, 6:47 pm

Congrats on your BC~!!!! Very Happy Your hair looks amazing. I love those coils on you and so glad your parents are being positive and supportive of your hair decisions. Girl, you do not look like a boy. LoL. Do your thing! That sweater dress is balling.
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondcurls 21st December 2009, 6:53 pm

You look great! Congrats!! Smile
diamondcurls
diamondcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next