CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 Months Post Relaxer

+33
dmsneed10
jazzwife
NaturalDOctor2Be
Vonnie
1sammybaby
Vanisia3G
tazochaichick
creolebeauty1
belleaenca
Shaynatural
Butterfly126
sepiaimperii
blkberrimolasses
mahoganytresses
TiffNotANY
aestheticheart
FATiiMAH
dyamonds10
ciara89
tatertotz
luvnmyroots
Toni.Nu
Bappychick
I Luv Grease!
CarmelCurls83
kinkymommie
krys419
ashollan
MsKendrala
MyBlkizBfl
DivinelyDesigned
Treece
*CurlyNikki*
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

8 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty Re: 8 Months Post Relaxer

Post by aestheticheart 17th August 2010, 12:40 pm

^ i love your hair, FATiiMAH! Very Happy

in 3 days, i will be exactly 8 months post relaxer. i haven't been able to do any really cute styles because my skills are quite lacking haha. but i've been coping the best i can with buns and i even got a little crazy and put a bouffant in it a couple times! *gasp* (told you i can't style lol). now i'm relying on braids to keep my hands out of my hair and allow it to grow undisturbed. i can't help touching my kinks and curls!

first successful style in a while:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

after taking out kinky twists, 8 months post:

seeing this makes me want to BC now, but i want more length. just 4 more months. :]

aestheticheart

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 24th August 2010, 5:06 am

@aestheticheart your up-do is so cute!

I'm 8 months post relaxer today Very Happy This also marks my first full day at college for the semester. It's my second year of college but first semester dealing with my transitioning hair and I'm anxious to see how my peers will react to my change in hair. Luckily I've seen quite a few naturals since moving into my dorm so I won't be the only Curly Girl walking the campus. dance
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 24th August 2010, 6:46 pm

It's been 8 months and a couple of weeks for me. I'm so happy I'm sticking it out because the scissors are calling my name! Congrats to everyone and Happy Transitioning!!
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 7th September 2010, 5:14 am

There was once a time in my life that I thought that I was only beautiful because people told me that I was beautiful. Now I can see my own beauty within myself. My eyes have been opened so much since embarking down the road less traveled, but I love it, splinters and all! It's hard to believe that it has been 8 months already. This journey has evoked many emotions out of me; there have been tears, laughs, frustration, moments of lost hope but i'm still hanging in there!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by blkberrimolasses 11th September 2010, 8:57 am

Checkin in... deep conditioning as I font Laughing
blkberrimolasses
blkberrimolasses

Back to top Go down

Post by sepiaimperii 19th September 2010, 8:36 pm

hello i am a new member ,and i have been transitioning for 9 months now and i have a question have you experienced a lot more thank what is expected of hair breakage or shedding

sepiaimperii

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 20th September 2010, 11:54 pm

8 months today!!!! dance
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaynatural 11th October 2010, 9:08 pm

I have experienced some breakage, but not much. You have to be gentle with the 2 textures.
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 27th October 2010, 8:37 pm

Hello fellow naturalistas *hugs*
I started following CN.com a couple of months ago and I cannot tell her enough how much I appreciate and love her site. It's been a godsend when I felt like I was swimming in the dark.

But thanks to her webiste and other blogs, I finally feel confident enough and so darn excited at the fact that today is my 8th month anniversary of being relaxer free! woot!

I was exerperiencing a little more breakage/shedding thank I felt comfortable with but I've finally found a routine that works for me. Currently, I'm 'pooing once a week or week and half and I co-wash in between. I have really fine, overly porous hair and I've found that even the KKCC shampoo leaves my hair stripped and tangled. I started experimenting with the co-wash and for detangling I'm using a combo of Aubrey's honeysuckle, HE hello Hydration and about a teaspoon of EVOO for additional slip and my hair's been loving it! To correct the porous situation, I do a homemade protein treatment, 1 egg beaten, appx 2 TBSP reg mayo, EVOO and avocado oil, I mix it well and evenly apply; and I've also been alternating with ACV rinses.

I'm going to try my hand at mixing Shea butter and ES for my winter routine. My hair soaks up moisture like there's no tomorrow and I want to be prepared for it.

Well ladies, continue to rock on! You all have beautiful lovely hair and I'm very glad to be part of this community dance

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 17th November 2010, 2:07 pm

IT has been 8 months i'm exited[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i cut the front so i can check products my attempt at some twist lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

8 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty 8 months and struggling

Post by tazochaichick 2nd December 2010, 1:53 am

Helloooo
I am 8 months in and boy am I running out of ideas. I love the thought of freeing my locks but I'm exhausted. I'm late everyday b/c I am trying to work out the hair. The wet and go is sooo not an option...I can't seem to master it. I have stringy ends. I have a funny shaped head so BC will not do for a minute.
But I'm committed....wooo hooo woot!

tazochaichick

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanisia3G 13th December 2010, 7:40 pm

I am 8 months post... as of last wed!!! Suprisingly detangling seems to have gotten easier for me :-) I am experiencing less breakage and shedding than when I initially started transitioning. Maybe I shed less in the fall/winter than I do in the spring/summer...OR...Maybe I am actually keeping that line of demarcation well moisturized? IDK I guess I'll see in the months to come, but I am enjoying not having a handful of hair in the trash every week! :-)
Vanisia3G
Vanisia3G

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sammybaby 2nd January 2011, 2:37 am

I have accomplished my 8th Month but my hair is not cooperating. I am running out of options with out BCing... My hair is breaking and i can definitely tell it from the relax hair and ends... I look horrible going into work. Just please someone give me options... my email is sbrewster01@gmail.com.... I will answer you quickly thank you... Sad
1sammybaby
1sammybaby

http://www.sdbphotos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vonnie 30th January 2011, 11:13 pm

I am 8 months post relaxer...so far I love doing the
twist and curl on my hair. The only thing I need to work on now is frizz and mositure. I do have days I wanna give up on this thing but I am in for the long haul Very Happy

Last edited by Vonnie on 30th January 2011, 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : tried to add a picture)
Vonnie
Vonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalDOctor2Be 11th February 2011, 11:29 am

how do you post pictures
NaturalDOctor2Be
NaturalDOctor2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 12th February 2011, 6:51 pm

@NaturalDoctor - You go to the picture of the Picture and disc 'Host an image' and upload your picture there. When it givves you a url, enter that in the square that is just a picture and click 'ok'
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalDOctor2Be 12th February 2011, 7:08 pm

creolebeauty1 wrote:IT has been 8 months i'm exited[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i cut the front so i can check products my attempt at some twist lol

Hey I really like your hair in your avi. Are you all natural now? I am looking at a post when you were 8 months into your transition but that was some time ago. I think my hair type is close to yours. How did you achieve that current hair style in your avi? Thanks

NaturalDOctor2Be
NaturalDOctor2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalDOctor2Be 12th February 2011, 7:10 pm

jazzwife wrote:@NaturalDoctor - You go to the picture of the Picture and disc 'Host an image' and upload your picture there. When it givves you a url, enter that in the square that is just a picture and click 'ok'

Thanks so much!
NaturalDOctor2Be
NaturalDOctor2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalDOctor2Be 17th February 2011, 5:07 pm

Hey guys I am going to attempt to do my hair for the 1st time since I been transitioning. Yea I'm lazy! I've been going to the hair salon every other week or wearing wigs or hats. I really don't have time to worry with my hair because I'm in my 1st year of med school! I'm doing a twist out! I will post pics! Wish me luck!
NaturalDOctor2Be
NaturalDOctor2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by dmsneed10 18th February 2011, 3:29 pm

Hello,
I have not had a relaxer since May 2010. I do not want to do the BC, but I am experiencing a lot of breakage and my hair looks very dry. Any suggestions? I have tried the braid out style and also did a roller set, but because I work out 5 -6 days a week, that only lasted for 2 days. Crying or Very sad Any suggestions are welcome. I need a hair buddy!!!! Very Happy

dmsneed10

Back to top Go down

8 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty results of my 2-strand twist

Post by NaturalDOctor2Be 22nd February 2011, 1:29 am

NaturalDOctor2Be wrote:Hey guys I am going to attempt to do my hair for the 1st time since I been transitioning. Yea I'm lazy! I've been going to the hair salon every other week or wearing wigs or hats. I really don't have time to worry with my hair because I'm in my 1st year of med school! I'm doing a twist out! I will post pics! Wish me luck!
I'm so proud of myself because I am horrible at doing my hair! It was a little frizzy! Can some of you tell me what you do to tame the frizz? Thanks

https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/16/18/43/58/my_fro11.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/16/18/43/58/side_a10.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/16/18/43/58/fro_ag10.jpg
NaturalDOctor2Be
NaturalDOctor2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalDOctor2Be 22nd February 2011, 1:33 am

NaturalDOctor2Be
NaturalDOctor2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Coco'sgoneKinky 5th March 2011, 1:18 pm

Greetings All, I'm 8months post relaxer & luv'n my kinks & coils. It was extremely hard for me in the begining cuz I've been texterized since I was 5yrs. old & started to have my hair relaxed just a few short years later having my new growth touched up every 6-8weeks without fail.. My transition was'nt planed I just decided after 6months of not being able to get down to my hairstylist of over 48yrs. the only one who I will let touch my hair.. I thought hey maybe now is the time to just Let It Go. I've worn my hair in a A-Line Bob for years now; so I plan to cut as needed. Recently I've been co-washing my hair twice a week & I've applied my 1st Henna to my transitioning hair. I style my hair in two flat twist the majority of the time & very rarely wear twist-outs because it's cleanse day & it's just easier to pre-poo & get it over with. I want to thank all you ladies for so freely sharing with me.. Because I was constantly fighting with my kinkys,coils,&,wavys not having the slightest idea how to manage them. I can hardly wait to cut those last ends off. I think it should be very liberating cheers Happy Happy Hair growing!!!!

Coco'sgoneKinky

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 9th March 2011, 11:39 pm

Hi all! I'm a little bit past 8 months post relaxer and am currently rocking micro braids for a couple months to give my hair a rest. I'd love to hear everyone elses trials and successes during their transitions. It seems as if its getting a bit easier to manage as my hair (new growth) grows out more. Which is good cuz i'm in this for the long haul (at least 2 yrs) although I did hit a kind of styling brick wall as of late, hence the micros. What styles have yall noticed working for you now that didnt quite work before? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by foreverfashionista 19th March 2011, 10:35 pm

woohooo month eight, you've been mostly bad hair days. I'm so frustrated with my permed hair right now so I just cut off two inches, felt so good. Closer to my 18 month mark just 10 more to go Very Happy

foreverfashionista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next