CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

+12
bholmes87
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteƩ
Intelligentbeauty
talljournalist
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Empty Re: *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

Post by NubieNatty 21st April 2010, 12:50 pm

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Lol for the susan lucci award. OMG!!! i used to watch those awards just to see if she'd win!

with more practice those rollersets will be so grand!! love ur hair and ur mini me is tooo cute!! cant wait til i have my mini me...although i think that might be dangerous *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Empty Re: *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

Post by Nikcoils 22nd April 2010, 2:05 pm

Happy Thursday Curlies!

I had posted yesterday from my BB but I gues it didn't go through. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_evil

Thanks Chrs for the wonderful info I will be looking this up for hubby he used to have past the shoulder braids until his hair started thinning in the front and middle of his head 4 years ago (but looking at the men in his family it seems to be hereditary)...and he still trying to get his hair to grow back. He is now bald like Teddy Savalis he did not want to cut his hair...poor baby.

Yesterday was my lovely Furlough day from work. So I dropped my daughter off at school and she wore the headband I knitted and her teacher wanted me to make her a couple and another teacher wanted me to make one for her niece and they offered to pay me and her teacher said I can make a few and place them in the class for sale *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Affraid I was not expecting that at all but all I have to say is God is an on time God!

HAIR UPDATE: MY TWIST ARE ITCHING ME LIKE CRAZY! *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_mad Can't wait til tomorrow. I might do some flat twist this Sunday after I rock my twist out on Saturday!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd April 2010, 3:06 am

npmoore04 wrote:Happy Thursday Curlies!

I had posted yesterday from my BB but I gues it didn't go through. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_evil

Thanks Chrs for the wonderful info I will be looking this up for hubby he used to have past the shoulder braids until his hair started thinning in the front and middle of his head 4 years ago (but looking at the men in his family it seems to be hereditary)...and he still trying to get his hair to grow back. He is now bald like Teddy Savalis he did not want to cut his hair...poor baby.

Yesterday was my lovely Furlough day from work. So I dropped my daughter off at school and she wore the headband I knitted and her teacher wanted me to make her a couple and another teacher wanted me to make one for her niece and they offered to pay me and her teacher said I can make a few and place them in the class for sale *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Affraid I was not expecting that at all but all I have to say is God is an on time God!
HAIR UPDATE: MY TWIST ARE ITCHING ME LIKE CRAZY! *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_mad Can't wait til tomorrow. I might do some flat twist this Sunday after I rock my twist out on Saturday!

THAT IS AWESOME. Yes, He is!!!

Everyone's hair in the twist challenge has been itching. I just put mine in and my scalp is acting up already. Rolling Eyes
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 23rd April 2010, 2:45 pm

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Today me and mini me are participating the the 24hr Relay for Life to Fight Cancer tonight. My 4th year participating and her 3rd year (she is only 4) but she has ran, walked, skipped the track each year. I love getting her involved in these types of events so that she is informed about illnesses that have taken many family members and ways to be proactive about the disease.

My twist are in a side bun (friz and all) and mini me has her twist half up half down. Can't wait to co wash and try a new style. (of twist that is) *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_wink

Here's pics of us last year from the Relay for life

2008 (she was 2)
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Relay_10

2009 (she was 3) and getting it in *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Herz her enthusiasm
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Relay410

what she thinks of smoking
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Relay411

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Relay412
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 26th April 2010, 5:07 pm

Happy Monday Curlies!

Me and mini me participated in the relay for life on Friday. I have not retwisted my twists yet, I will work on that tonight. I got attacked by pollen yesterday and my sinus headaches got the best of me. I will co-wash and retwist tonight hopefully! Pics from Friday.

And she's off!
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Relay413

Me (my twist are in a side bun) and mini me
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Relay414
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 9:49 pm

I know all about those pollen attacks. I hope you feel better!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 11:45 pm

Awww. Look at the lil one. I feel you on the sinuses. I've been having MAJOR issues for the past week.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th April 2010, 2:05 pm

Morning Curlies!

I took my 8 day old twist out this morning... *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Affraid what was i thinking? Like i have all the time in the world in the morning. I am finding out that the longer my twist are in, the less definition my twist out has. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_sad When I do a 2 day twist out i get deep definition. When i took these out after i got out the shower the steam did moisten them and um well it looks more like a wasn n go then a twist out.

Today is hubby's birthday and tomorrow is mine so i wanted to look a little cute today. Shoot I look more like i did in high school then a 32 year old (or soon to be 32 year old).

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Pomp10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 28th April 2010, 4:47 pm

Today is my Birthday!And I spent my mornin in the DMV renewing my Driver's License I was told they would use my pic on file. Um negatory they told me I had to take a pic right now! Let's just say I look sixten instead of 32 my hair is in a twistout pulled up in a high pony ann no make up only lip gloss. But my dy has been very blessed. The weather is perfect in Cali and I am off today and my boss call and told me I won Employee of the Month!I will be cowashing and retwisting tonight me and hubby are going to Vegas this weekend for our birthdays.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 28th April 2010, 9:29 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Have fun in Vegas *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 9:37 pm

Happy Birthday ENJOY Vegas!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th April 2010, 10:22 pm

Happy Birthday to you and your hubby!!! Congratulations on Employee of the Month and enjoy Vegas!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th April 2010, 5:18 pm

Thank you ladies for the Birthday Wishes!

I cowashed my hair yesterday after the DMV teenage pic. And i put my hair in 2 princess leia buns to let my hair dry, cause i want to have a fierce twist out for my vegas weekend. so this morning i take them down to attempt to twist a little and they are still quite wet, so i wore them to work to day. I will be twisting them tonight so i can take them down for Friday night. (I am still participating in the twist challenge) just got thrown off with the bday celebrating.

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Bun310

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Bun210

Close up of messy buns ( i wish i could make my hair stay like this when it was down) any suggestions? to do the wet jheri curl look and it stay that way i can only achieve that look after cowashing and then the air dry and it has vanished. (hubby likes it like that) *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Herz

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Bun10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Empty *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Comparsion pics and today hair

Post by Nikcoils 30th April 2010, 10:29 am

Happy Friday Curlies!

This challenge has been great in teaching me how to take better care of my hair I notice a huge difference in my hair health wise it's not as dry as it used to be and I've learned various techniques that I can use on my hair and my daugther's hair. WHen I started wearing my hair in it natural curl patern and stopped using direct heat in January I thought I could just wash my hair and go pics below. But I've learn a thing or two from this lovely forum about moisture, styles, trial and error, low manipulation, and that protective styles are not boring ( I have always been a bun queen) I rarely wore my hair out when i stopped getting relaxers 9 years ago because my hair would not maintain its straight look when i would get presses and flat irons. I dispised poufy hair.

4 years ago hair flat ironed the day before but the poufiness is coming out hair usually went in a bun by day two cause I didn't have my relaxed look ( inow realized that was due to lack of confidence)
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Im000310

2 years ago hair freshly flat ironed but pulled in a ponytail due to puffinesat the roots.
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Dscf9210

Due to me being unhappy with my hair I resulted to wearing wigs, if I attempted to blow dry, press and flat iron my hair it would take me 4+ hours to do it. I wanted my own hait to be curly but had no idea how to style my own natural hair that way all I've know was press and curls and perms since I was 4.

Halloween 2008 (but I wore it regularly when I went out)
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Img42210

December 2009 (wig I bought December 31, 2009 just decided to rock my natural tresses and go no heat the next day...I am a hot mess)
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Img00610

January 2, 2010 Heat free freshly washed only leave in conditioner but having no clue what to do with my hair and not sure how i like and wondering wear are my curls i thought they would stay defined like when i was in the shower.
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Img00611

After some you tube and forum research I am learning some thangs
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Bantu11

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Twisto16

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Flattw11

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Flattw12

This morning (work in progress 2 strand flat twist to become wonderful twist out for my vegas weekend)
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Flattw13

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Flattw14

This morning I attempted to do as many 2 strand flat twist as I could so i can rock a ferocious tistout in Vegas this weekend. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_rr Unfortunately I ran out time had to get daughter to school and myself to work. so I got 4 Juicy twist in and two flat twisted buns in the back I will continue twisting after I get off work. I got a b-day party to attend tonight I wanted lovely big hair for the All White Party.

SIDENOTE: THE SUSAN LUCHI CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN, AFTER 9 YEARS OF ALWAYS BEING NOMINATED... I WON EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH AT MY JOB!! *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 678474 *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 617583 *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 678474 *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 617583 I think I am goona rock my BAA with the picture I get to take with the University President during the ceremony on next Tuesday!

Have a great day Curlies!!

Last edited by npmoore04 on 30th April 2010, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics and a review of my hairstory)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th April 2010, 3:34 pm

oops forgot to change the title
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 30th April 2010, 4:16 pm

Hooray!!! I love it I love you Your hair is just fabulous NP! And CONGRATULATIONS ON EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH!!!! woot!

Love the pics, love the journey, love the growth cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th April 2010, 4:26 pm

Thanks bholmes87! You have definately been a positive force to be reckoned with on this thread. (I am also guilty of being on you tube daily, I even watch it on my BB - like it's my soaps) *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_wink I am new to fotki i need to figure out how to access that from my phone so i can update it regularly. I will be stalking yours as well love your accessories!

By the way which school do you attend? I will kick myself back into gear for the Twist challenge after me and hubby bday weekend in Vegas!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th April 2010, 4:46 pm

Congrats on the award!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th April 2010, 4:57 pm

Congrats on Employee of the Month! And thanks for sharing your hair journey. I'm glad you're learning to love your curls. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 30th April 2010, 9:56 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Thanks bholmes87! You have definately been a positive force to be reckoned with on this thread. (I am also guilty of being on you tube daily, I even watch it on my BB - like it's my soaps) *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 3 Icon_wink I am new to fotki i need to figure out how to access that from my phone so i can update it regularly. I will be stalking yours as well love your accessories!

By the way which school do you attend? I will kick myself back into gear for the Twist challenge after me and hubby bday weekend in Vegas!
I go to the University of California, Riverside Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th April 2010, 10:24 pm

congrats on the award. i love the pics and u are so pretty! all those different hairstyles, ur so versatile! you've definitely come along way in such a short time.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st May 2010, 1:48 am

bholmes87 wrote:Hooray!!! I love it I love you Your hair is just fabulous NP! And CONGRATULATIONS ON EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH!!!! woot!

Love the pics, love the journey, love the growth cheers

DITTO ALL THAT cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th May 2010, 11:59 am

Hi lady! Hope you and your hubby enjoyed your birthdays and Vegas.

Congratulations on no longer being Susan Lucci!

Loved seeing your hair as the years and months past.

The key to keeping hair looking like it does after cleansing and conditioning is ensuring it is well moisturized then sealing followed by product with hold. I like using Afroveda's Pur Whipped Gelly and Eco Styler clear provided awesome results. - have seen others have success with the conditioner only method and natural gels like homemade flax seed gel and AO B5 and Mandarin gelly.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3