CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

+12
bholmes87
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteƩ
Intelligentbeauty
talljournalist
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Empty Re: *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

Post by Nikcoils 11th April 2010, 12:16 am

Happy Saturday!
Thanks to bholmes and Eden I went on yt and got my knitting needles out and made a headband and flower I thought you could only crotchet flowers? Oh things you learn on you tube and plus all this peer pressure on CN. Smile I am also sitting in these magnetic rollers praying to God this cheat rollerset comes out nice or at least descent on my hair. I gotta be at church at 8am so I don't have much time in the morning to fix a bad hair do.
I hope you curlies are having a great weekend.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Empty Re: *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS

Post by Nikcoils 11th April 2010, 10:22 pm

Had a great morning at church this morning. Unfortunately the cheat roller set was a FAIL for me. even when I had a perm my hair would take a couple of hours to dry. So I figured 30 minutes under the dryer and 10 hrs air drying would be enough...NOT!Sad
Only the lower half of each section curled. The top half still damp and wavy. So I ended up puling it up in a high pony. It supposed to rain out here tomorrow the Spring Storm..:haha..-n cali any rain is called a storm. So I will attempt again next weekend. This is what I used with the roller set:
Spritz hair with evoo, tea tree and water mix
Applied evco
Applied HE Hello hydration
Motions Foam setting lotion
On magnetic rollers.
Do you think I used to many products?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th April 2010, 10:39 pm

Where are the pics of your new headband?

Sorry you rollerset didnt dry. Hopefully it will work for you next time.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th April 2010, 10:52 pm

I will post them tomorrow I had my daughter be my head model. I was hoping I could execute a roller set. But I think if they don't work next week. I can then justify my curlformer purchase.for my birthday at the end of this month Smile They seem like your hair has more air access compare to rollers and rods.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 12th April 2010, 11:05 am

Morning NP, Sorry about the rollerset fail. But I've heard it can take a few tries to get it just right.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 12th April 2010, 11:19 am

npmoore04 wrote:Had a great morning at church this morning. Unfortunately the cheat roller set was a FAIL for me. even when I had a perm my hair would take a couple of hours to dry. So I figured 30 minutes under the dryer and 10 hrs air drying would be enough...NOT!Sad
Only the lower half of each section curled. The top half still damp and wavy. So I ended up puling it up in a high pony. It supposed to rain out here tomorrow the Spring Storm..:haha..-n cali any rain is called a storm. So I will attempt again next weekend. This is what I used with the roller set:
Spritz hair with evoo, tea tree and water mix
Applied evco
Applied HE Hello hydration
Motions Foam setting lotion
On magnetic rollers.
Do you think I used to many products?

Too many products...I would say yes. I used a lot of products my first time and it took 4 hrs under the dryer to dry. This time I only used two and it took one hour. I used watered down Care Free Curl and FOTE aloe vera. Out of your combo I would have used (1) evoo, tea tree and water mix and (2) Motions Foam setting lotion. The less products the better and the quicker the dry time. Also, if you have sections that are thicker than others you would want to do more ponytails in that area.

I hope this helps the next time you try a roller-set
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Empty *npmoore04* - Hairstory - Knitted headband/rollerset results pics

Post by Nikcoils 12th April 2010, 2:38 pm

THANKS TIA! Sometime we thinks more is better but in this case guess less is better. I will be tweeking next weekend.

Loved reading that Chrisette Michelle interview this morning!

So here are the pics from this weekend including the undesired result of my rollerset which i rocked as a high pony and that is how i am wearing my hair today. and my knitted flower headband I made!

Damp hair placed in 6 ponytails
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Cheatr10

Rollers in with all that unnecessary product
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Roller10

Result after 10 hrs (damp curls) the ends which you see only curled, the roots were like a wng, some sections don't even look like they were in a roller this is why i put it in a pony i had to be at church at 8 am (the one on my forehead my sis in law at church asked what's giong on with that curl...lol) if she only seen my hair down*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Affraid
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Roller11

making the best out of an undesired result
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Roller12

My mini-me modeling my knitted headband with a knitted flower
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Braide10

headband by itself
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Braide11

Have a great day Curlies!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th April 2010, 6:55 pm

Still have my hair up in a high pony with 2 two strand flat twist in the front. I am trying to maintain low or no maintance styles with i do on the weekend after I co-wash and condition my hair. still looking for staple products so far the products I've used have been very kind to my hair. Still working on knitting various accessories since I tend to want to slap my self when i buy accessories I KNOW I could have made at a fraction of the cost. Here's a pic of my hair today still rocking the half curled rollerset just spritz with water, evoo, and tea tree oil.

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Roller13

Have a great day Curlies!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th April 2010, 7:11 pm

Great save on your failed rollerset.

cute headband

I cant wait to see the next rollerset.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 13th April 2010, 9:13 pm

Cute headband. I like that dash of color you have in your hair.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th April 2010, 3:56 pm

Happy Humpday Curlies!!!

Today I pulled my rollerset curls into a high bun. I refuse to restyle until this weekend. Yesterday I reposted the video on YT called Natural Hairstyles (over 200) that Naptural85 posted earlier this year or at the end of December. But I saw it here on CN on a thread. Well I shared it on my FB page to let my friends that this motivated me to maintain my no heat styles. I am happy to say one of my BFF said that she is going to try and go natural after seeing that video! *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 678474 I am glad to help motivate some one else to go natural and help her along the way.

I really like Hello Hydration it smells so delish and has plenty of slip! Hubby said my hair smelled like something he could eat. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Lol It did smell like candy. But i need to go back to my Mixed Chicks so I can finish up this product so I can move on the the Next One!

Here's a pic of me today at work. Have a wonderful day!!

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Highbu10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th April 2010, 4:33 pm

I LLLLOVEEE that headband! Good stuff!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 5:14 pm

Your hair looked great! I know you said your rollerset failed but it looks like a winner to me Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th April 2010, 3:46 pm

Nothing new today on my hair. But hubby was inquing about oils that promote hair growth? i suggested Castor oil....any other suggestions. Can't wait to start that twist challenge.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 15th April 2010, 3:57 pm

Rosemary oil
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th April 2010, 7:32 pm

Rosemary oil, where can i find that?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th April 2010, 5:15 am

ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 16th April 2010, 5:37 pm

THANKS ktoliver I will lookit up for hubby!

Today I just wear what is left of my rollerset out in a pony. Can wait to wash and deep condition my hair and get ready for the 2 twist challenges i am gonna participate in. one for me starts next week and the one that begins May 1 for my lovely daughter...little does she know. *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Icon_wink I actually began twisting her hair last night while she was sleep to practice how i would execute twisting my little 4yr olds hair. She doesn't like combs or brushes so i tend to style her hair with my fingers and tons of water...*sigh* My lovely mother may have trumatized her last week when she did her hair while my daughter spent the week at her house during spring break. From my own past experience of being the lifelong guinea pig for my mom she is quiet heavy handed and does dry detangling. I actually felt pretty bad for my baby girl to have to go through that *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Icon_sad my mom told me my daughter cried the whole time she did her hair.

This Natural hair journey isn't just mine I am realizing it is for my baby girl as well. I need to get her in a routine where i can comb her hair with out her telling me mommy please don't use any combs or brushes. S he wants her hair like mines so me and her will be rocking twists and headbands in the month of May!*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Empty *npmoore04* - Hairstory - Me and Mini Me are twisted up

Post by Nikcoils 19th April 2010, 2:13 pm

Happy Monday Curlies!!

I've come up with a name for my hair. I'm gonna call her Sheba, like the Queen of Sheba. She is my crowning glory. (cheesy huh) *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Icon_lol Well me and my mini me are twisted up. Her challenge with NikG doesn't start until May 1, but I figured since it's my first time doing my 4 year old daughter's hair like this why not get an early start on it. Plus she asked to have her hair like momies *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Herz . I have a girly girl on my hands a plain headband wouldn't do for my daughter so I saftey pinned a flower on her headband. she has already been eyeballing my hair acessories. here's some pics. Have a great day!

Me and Noey Twisted up
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Twistm10

Noey with the flower headband
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Twistn12

Noey coloring
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Twistn13

Me Sunday after church hair pined up in the front in 2 sections
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Twist210

Me this morning hair pinned in 3 sections on my way to work
*npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Twist310
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th April 2010, 2:17 pm

Great save on the roller set!!! The headband is cute. Your daughter is adorbale. And your twists look great!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th April 2010, 3:23 pm

Happy Tuesday!

I was nominated for Employee of the Month yesterday at work. I feel a little like Susan Luchi from All My Children cause i've been nominated each time it is our division turn for Employee of the Month but never win. So I look at the nomination as someone recognizing the effort I put into my work.

On the hair front I am twisted and pinned up today and I haven't taken a pic. maybe I will later today and post it before i leave.

Good news I have been getting plenty of messages from friends wanting to know how to go natural and ask me what I do to maintain my styles or my daughters hair. My cousin is trying to transition I have trying to encourage her for the longest because I have seen the damage perms have do to her hair over our lifetime. thorugh high school where all of her hair broke off and she could even put it in a pony and all the ridicule she went through and now she is going through that again where large clumps of her hair have broken off. I told her a few months ago please don't retouch I can help you. And what did she do a few weeks ago...get the retouch. so on Sunday I gave her a rollerset on Permrods and straws (on the sections that have completely broken off) she told me she is done witht he perms and that i need to provide her a list of the basic items she needs to transition.

Can you help me with starting tools for her because i never transitioned from shorter hair so as far as tools and styles that may help ease her in to a natural state will be apprecited. Her hair is like 4c so, she always tells me you have that "better" textured hair *npmoore04*- Hairstory- Reflection and HAIR JOURNEY PICS - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes whatever! but after i did her rollerset she told me her hair looked healthier..thanks to the lovely coconut oil I snuck in there. I told her we can keep doing these as her hair grows out. And her 2 daughters(7 and 10 yrs old)(I am working on them also tranistioning from relaxed to natural) said her hair looked pretty...and she didn't believe them cause she told me they always tell her how bad her hair looks. ( i will have to work on them giving positive affirmations to their mom)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st April 2010, 11:26 am

You and your DD look beautiful!

I hope you continue to demonstrate how great natural hair is to your DD and others. Let's get as many pp as possible to care for their hair!

As for growth oils, any oil that stimulates the scalp is good. From what I have read the following may help. These are essential oils.
Peppermint
Lavender
Sage
Tea tree

I purchase mine from local health food stores (i.e., VitaminShoppe, Whole Foods, etc.).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st April 2010, 11:44 am

I adore the picture with you and your mini me!!! Sorry the rollerset didn't turn out well, but way to recover!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 21st April 2010, 11:51 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:You and your DD look beautiful!

I hope you continue to demonstrate how great natural hair is to your DD and others. Let's get as many pp as possible to care for their hair!

As for growth oils, any oil that stimulates the scalp is good. From what I have read the following may help. These are essential oils.
Peppermint
Lavender
Sage
Tea tree

I purchase mine from local health food stores (i.e., VitaminShoppe, Whole Foods, etc.).

Ditto everything Chrs said Smile Baby girl is adorable! I get my EOs from GNC or Whole Foods. I try to get everything local if I can to avoid paying shipping and handling. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st April 2010, 12:23 pm

I'm late, but I loved the pony curls!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next