CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MellowOne "Coil pics"

+44
nattyblog
Fabulousat50
Mom2KurlyT
CocoEuro
Naturally Zee
priceless
mslys09
QuietButterfly
TheRYL1
krazy coils
LadyMika
TMS
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
tiashaunteƩ
SisterBoyd
missmoriah
curly+kinky+fierce
Cherry: extraordinary!
EllaMomi2002
Mz. Thang
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
neethair
jcanalena79
sunbaby
Vee
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
truet
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
BlakButterfli
SheeTacular
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
48 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

MellowOne "Coil pics" Empty MellowOne

Post by MellowOne 25th March 2010, 1:32 am

Hi Everyone!

Well I have been on CN officially since Feb. Within that short time I was motivated to do my BC on March 13 MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_cheers . This website is really great out of all the natural websites I have found I feel like this one is (searching for words) the Realist. For the people who don't have support it is awesome and for those that have support and give it back it is great.

My Trasitioning Storycopied from transition thread for those that haven't read it MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_smile

I'm sure that everybody has been asked the question why are you transitioning, and not in a really inquisitive way but more sarcastically. I have been getting relaxers maybe since I was around 7 or 8. I remember when I was a little girl and my mom would wash my hair and looking in the mirror at all the curls in my hair and being so happy. Apparently my mom wasn't so happy with them because she took me to the salon to get a relaxer, against everyone telling her not to.

Since I was so young when I got a relaxer I really don't remember the exact texture of my hair, so all I have ever known is when you see new growth its time for a relaxer. I am the only one in my family on my moms side that has more of a 4a or b hair type they all have like 3a hair so I felt like I had to get my hair relaxed because they would tease saying how nappy my hair was MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_mad . They would also and still do say that their hair is "nappy" (I don't like that term) MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_scratch and I look at them like are you serious I would love to have your hair. The funny part is I liked my "nappy" hair. I attempted several times to go natural but was never confident enough to stand up to my family or peers until...

After having my baby in september I was loving my long thick hair I had only put one relaxer in the whole time that I was pregnant and was thinking of going natural but for some reason 2mos after I had the baby I decided to put a relaxer in my hair myself. MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_rolleyes Why did I do that. It should have been a sign when I went to the store that I always go to and they didn't have the relaxer I get. I ended up putting in a different brand that I thought I shouldn't put in but did it anyway. It was super straight and super thin. I don't know if it was just postpartum shedding or the relaxer or a combo but my hair started shedding like crazy. The next thing I knew I didn't have any hair around my edges all around the temple area MellowOne "Coil pics" Affraid . Yes I did cry but being busy with a newborn kept my mind off it. So that was when I said no more creamy crack for me. One of the ladies on another website that I was on told me to check out CurlyNikki.com and here I am. Now I tell people to come to this website because it has helped me so much.

The products I have been using so far are Wild Growth, Pantene relaxed and natural, henna n placenta, coconut oil,and parnevu leave in conditioner. I don't have a set regimen yet but I have been co washing every week and washing with a shampoo every other week. I think I will go to the salon once a month or as need to get trimmed.

I am really ready to bc just waiting on my edges to grow a little more.

I hope to gain a healthy hair regimen and get back my edges. I was really embarassed by my edges even in the salon but I know that I am not the only one and hope that I can help someone with the hair knowledge I have gained from the lovely cn ladies by keeping it really real despite some members of my support system being not so supportive on my journey to curly freedom MellowOne "Coil pics" 678474

My Staple Style the Flat Twist Out
MellowOne "Coil pics" Img00510

The Lost Edges
MellowOne "Coil pics" Img00511

Roller Set
MellowOne "Coil pics" Img00611

Flat ironed and rolled at night
MellowOne "Coil pics" Img00711

Rolled at night with medium rollers
MellowOne "Coil pics" Img00712

Relaxed Days
MellowOne "Coil pics" Me10

After BC
MellowOne "Coil pics" 3594-19

Post BC I haven't taken many pics yet so this will give me a reason. I Love my OldNewHair and look forward to sharing.

Last edited by MellowOne on 14th April 2010, 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

MellowOne "Coil pics" Empty Re: MellowOne "Coil pics"

Post by Lynnieluve 25th March 2010, 1:51 am

Welcome to the challenge!!! MellowOne "Coil pics" 879602
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th March 2010, 1:53 am

Congrats on your BC! And welcome to the challenge! You'll have a full head of healthy hair in no time. MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_biggrin
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 25th March 2010, 2:57 am

Hooray I'm glad you started a thread! You are soooo fierce with that BC! Welcome to the BnB side of CN.com Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2010, 4:55 am

Welcome and have fun here Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th March 2010, 6:37 am

Wow! Great story and your are working that TWA! FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th March 2010, 7:52 am

welcome
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 25th March 2010, 8:06 am

Like all the other ladies said - WELCOME! I'm looking forward to reading your thread and hoping your family truly comes to see how beautiful your hair is.

I didn't transition at all - just cut it off - and I know that takes courage to do in the face of thunder. So you are already ahead of the game with the attitude, honey! MellowOne "Coil pics" Herz
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th March 2010, 9:37 am

Welcome, and I think I said it before but I LOVE that TWA!!! Rock it!!! MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_cheers and please take lots of pics it will be gone b4 you know it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 25th March 2010, 7:52 pm

Ok I don't know how to do the Multi-Quote yet so a BIG THANK YOU to everybody!!!

I am really glad that I joined this site if it wasn't for CN I would have never had the courage to do the BC. If you all read any of the comments or post I had when I first joined you know that I really wanted to do the BC long before but those darn edges were holding me back. As it turned out after I chopped that made the edges look better because all my hair was low.

I was always worried about oh my forehead is too big or my edges wont look right and the big one what will my family and friends say. Reading other ladies stories that went through the same feelings and how they just overcame them and felt better in doing so really helped me. The best advice that several of the ladies gave was wait until I am ready (thanks MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_biggrin ).

Now I am feeling free. I am enjoying not having to do practically anything to my head after those short months of trying everything to maintain those textures. I do from time to time miss the hair but I just remember how I was trying to get the hair that I will eventually have.

Everyday I love my hair more and more as I have more and more hair everyday.

Againg Thank You everybody MellowOne "Coil pics" 4_1_203

MellowOne "Coil pics" Sig
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th March 2010, 7:56 pm

That's awesome!! You will have your hair back before you know it but this time around, it's gonna be so strong.

How to use Multi-Quote...click multi quote for all of the comments you want to respond to, then at the bottom of the page, click Post Reply.....that's it!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 25th March 2010, 8:10 pm

oh ok thank you Lynnie...I was pressing all the quotes I wanted and then I didn't know what to do lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 25th March 2010, 9:25 pm

Welcome!!!! I look forward to reading your stories! I love your TWA, can't wait to see more pix. I think I should start my own BnB but for now I'm stalking everyone elses lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 25th March 2010, 10:53 pm

lol thank you
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 26th March 2010, 1:19 am

hello mellowone welcome just let you know the best is yet to come. and this is a group support system as you go on your journey of being natural. This site has so much to offer!!!! enjoy
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th March 2010, 10:43 am

Thank you truet I find something new and helpful everytime I come on here. With this BnB I just might be on here every free chance I get (as if I don't already MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_smile )
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th March 2010, 10:49 am

well looka here...its about dmn time MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_biggrin. im so excited your sharin ur journey and look forward to keepin up with you. your face is gorgeous and u got me wantin to **BZZZZ** all over again.

enjoy these carefree moments and take plenty of pics. soon as i bc'd i got a journal where i write all of my research findings and keep up with what certain products do for my hair; wish list of what i want to try and tutorials of styles for when i reach certain lengths n etc. also take plenty of pics becuz for one...its just fun and 2..WE LOVE PICS!!

what area are you in? check for curly meetups in your area too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th March 2010, 10:50 am

oh yea...and beware...this site is addictive!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th March 2010, 11:15 am

With the simplicity of the TWA I have a regi ya'll.

Cowash once a week with AOHR and I leave a little in or either put about a dime size amout in after the wash
Deep condition once a week with Mix:Honey, Egg Yolk, EVOO. Wash with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (I wasn't liking the feel I had after using this so last night I put a drop of conditioner and it helped). Then I condition with AOHR.
For moisture I use BB oil moisturizer
Apply JBCO with dye applicator everyother day all over my head and in thin areas everyday
I either seal with the JBCO or Coconut oil

Length Check in 2 weeks since BC. I said I would wait a month but I just decided to take a few pics while I was deep conditioning.

My Edges are coming along (at their own pace).
MellowOne "Coil pics" 21510

MellowOne "Coil pics" 21310

Don't mind the eye MellowOne "Coil pics" 82
MellowOne "Coil pics" 21410

My hair was super low when I first got it cut. I feel like every morning my hair has grown a bit.

MellowOne "Coil pics" Sig

Last edited by MellowOne on 26th March 2010, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th March 2010, 11:19 am

Hey Nubie Thank You! I had to start one the Sheriffs were in town MellowOne "Coil pics" Lol . I think I might have to go to rehab because I am always on here and telling ppl about it. I have been seeing that they have meet ups I am in the Chicago area so I will have to check that out.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th March 2010, 8:33 am

hey mellow; blackgirllonghair had a meetup a few wks ago and afrobella showed up too (my other favorite bloggers). i think they'll be planning another one in a few months too!

whats the weather like in the CHI cuz i always wanted to visit...actually i think i will this year. Is r. kelly back to singin on the trains again? he's been MIA lately MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_scratch

im glad u established a reggie cuz i was just wingin it..i washed everyday cuz i just LOVED the water hittin my scalp and i really didnt DC much til maybe my 2nd or 3rd month. so you dont like the tea tree tingling on ur head? did u use too much or scratch ur scalp while applying it?

loves the length check MellowOne "Coil pics" Icon_surprised i couldnt stay out the mirror. do it by the month that way you wont worry about it as much and you'll notice it even more. Also, massage the oils into the thinner parts. i used castor n vitamin E...then again, i always massaged my head cuz i was just obsessed with touchin it (still workin on that)!! i only got like 2 shape ups wit my amber rose cuz after the 2nd month its OVER...ur curls will be poppin everywhere and the time goes by so fast. before you know it you'll be on here doin 2 strands/coils n some more!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th March 2010, 9:00 am

Hello and welcome ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 28th March 2010, 2:35 pm

@BBD Thank you
@Nubie its COLD...I just moved here but I didn't know about him singin on the trains thats funny though. I can't keep my fingers out my head either. I loved the tingling of the tea tree but not the squeaky feeling. With the conditioner added it gave it a little more softness and the tingling was still there.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th March 2010, 2:41 pm

MellowOne wrote:Hey Nubie Thank You! I had to start one the Sheriffs were in town MellowOne "Coil pics" Lol . I think I might have to go to rehab because I am always on here and telling ppl about it. I have been seeing that they have meet ups I am in the Chicago area so I will have to check that out.
Hi MO, welcome. I just BC'd on the 17th so we are in the same boat. Are you in the chicago area?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th March 2010, 3:06 pm

oh yea the squeaky clean feeling u may have used too much! i mainly washed once a week and co-washed the rest of the days.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next