CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MellowOne "Coil pics"

+44
nattyblog
Fabulousat50
Mom2KurlyT
CocoEuro
Naturally Zee
priceless
mslys09
QuietButterfly
TheRYL1
krazy coils
LadyMika
TMS
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
tiashaunteƩ
SisterBoyd
missmoriah
curly+kinky+fierce
Cherry: extraordinary!
EllaMomi2002
Mz. Thang
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
neethair
jcanalena79
sunbaby
Vee
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
truet
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
BlakButterfli
SheeTacular
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
48 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Empty Re: MellowOne "Coil pics"

Post by MellowOne 28th March 2010, 3:37 pm

RoseBud wrote:Hi MO, welcome. I just BC'd on the 17th so we are in the same boat. Are you in the chicago area?
Hi RoseBud yes I live on the outskirts. Have you gone to any of the meet ups?

NubieNatty wrote:oh yea the squeaky clean feeling u may have used too much! i mainly washed once a week and co-washed the rest of the days.

You hit that right on the head because I was using it like I still had hair lol. When I first chopped I was co washing everyday but as you know it was too dry for that. I have moisture now but I guess I will wait until it gets hot to start doing that. I have a heavy hand with products...im working on that lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th March 2010, 3:51 pm

MellowOne wrote:
RoseBud wrote:Hi MO, welcome. I just BC'd on the 17th so we are in the same boat. Are you in the chicago area?
Hi RoseBud yes I live on the outskirts. Have you gone to any of the meet ups?

NubieNatty wrote:oh yea the squeaky clean feeling u may have used too much! i mainly washed once a week and co-washed the rest of the days.

You hit that right on the head because I was using it like I still had hair lol. When I first chopped I was co washing everyday but as you know it was too dry for that. I have moisture now but I guess I will wait until it gets hot to start doing that. I have a heavy hand with products...im working on that lol

No I have not. Hope to go to one soon
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th March 2010, 1:29 pm

Good Morning Curlies

So this morning I was a little sidetracked by Carol's Daughter having FREE SHIPPING MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 36_1_55and then she was sold out of all the products I wanted MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_sad ...soo moving on

I have found my gel after three tries. First was Aloe Vera Gel, I think that my hair was to short when I tried it the first time. I then tried Hawaiian Silky wet dry look (I think thats the name MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Confused ), this was not the business for my NewOldHair. Third time is a charm because I went and got some of that Eco Styler Olive Oil gel and let me just say curls popped everywhere MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_cheers . I put it in last night and this morning just spritzed with a little water and they were still poppin.

In other news:

I was on the phone with the mother today and just when I thought she was over the whole hair situation she says "You know your hair will never be long again". Mind you last week she said she loved my hair and that she was even thinking of cutting her hair again. So anywho I was like where have you been there a so many natural ladies with 4 hair texture with all legnths of hair some past shoulder legnth. Her reply was oh. Needless to say I can't wait for my hair to grow out so that I can shake it in her face and bath in her words of how healthy and long it has gotten (in a very respectful and playful way of course lol). I love my mom she is like my bestfriend but she is going to give me whiplash if she keeps making me shake my head at her comments.

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Sig
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 29th March 2010, 1:56 pm

OK Mellow, how did you use that gel? I bought some and girl I did not see a curl. How much did you use. Step-by-step please. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Confused
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th March 2010, 4:21 pm

I washed my hair with the Giovanni tea tree and conditioned with AOHR then put the JBCO on my scalp rubbed that in and added the Eco Styler Olive oil gel. It was like instant curl satisfaction lol. When I tried the other gels they didn't work for my hair like the ppl that recommended it to me. I didn't use that much I got a finger size amount for the front and another for the back. This morning when I put a little water on my hair they were looser but still there. I didn't manipulate the hair at all just rubbed it on.

Did you put it on wet or dry hair? My hair was wet but not soaking.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 29th March 2010, 4:30 pm

I did it on wet hair, I am going to try it again tonight. Thanks
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 29th March 2010, 5:24 pm

Hello MellowOne and welcome to the challenge! Congrats on your BC, you look wonderful.

MellowOne wrote:Good Morning Curlies
So this morning I was a little sidetracked by Carol's Daughter having FREE SHIPPING MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 36_1_55and then she was sold out of all the products I wanted MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_sad ...soo moving on

I have found my gel after three tries. First was Aloe Vera Gel, I think that my hair was to short when I tried it the first time. I then tried Hawaiian Silky wet dry look (I think thats the name MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Confused ), this was not the business for my NewOldHair. Third time is a charm because I went and got some of that Eco Styler Olive Oil gel and let me just say curls popped everywhere MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_cheers . I put it in last night and this morning just spritzed with a little water and they were still poppin.

In other news:

I was on the phone with the mother today and just when I thought she was over the whole hair situation she says "You know your hair will never be long again". Mind you last week she said she loved my hair and that she was even thinking of cutting her hair again. So anywho I was like where have you been there a so many natural ladies with 4 hair texture with all legnths of hair some past shoulder legnth. Her reply was oh. Needless to say I can't wait for my hair to grow out so that I can shake it in her face and bath in her words of how healthy and long it has gotten (in a very respectful and playful way of course lol). I love my mom she is like my bestfriend but she is going to give me whiplash if she keeps making me shake my head at her comments.

Lol @ your Mom giving you whiplash. And like Nubie said, take pics!!! Hair grows so fast and you're going to want to document the progress. Have you started a fotki yet?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th March 2010, 5:45 pm

@RoseBud no prob
@FemmeFox Thank you and no I need to start a Fotki

Day after pics with Eco Styler Olive Oil gel. My hair is soft and dry.

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 00910

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 00810

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 00710

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 01110
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 29th March 2010, 6:05 pm

WOW!!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th March 2010, 7:32 pm

What beautiful curls!!! You will have the same look with the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. A lady I work with has hair about your length and can I say curls galor with KCCC!! However, I love EcoStyler the green gel as I call it!!! So why pay $30 when you can pay $4.99? MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Lol

Please don't take any product advice from me I'm a straight up PJ. I tried to reform, but I just plain ole like buying products. I wasn't like this when I had relaxed hair...I don't what what my problem is!!!!

Welcome to the challenge and enjoy. I lok forward to following your journey!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th March 2010, 7:46 pm

Hi MellowOne, welcome to the challenge! I enjoyed reading your story and all your pics. Your twa looks very nice on you. I have thin edges as well and they are slowly coming back...for a minute I let that keep me from BCing, but then I said forget it! They'll grow eventually. Anyway, welcome and I look forward to reading more about your hair journey.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 7:51 pm

hey mel, lovin the new avi and yes ur curls are definitely poppin! i have my cd wish list so i'll definitely try to catch her for the FREE SHIPPING again...oh wait...she has a store out here in pentagon city so nevermind. i sometimes prefer to stay OUT her store cuz then i surely go over budget. your mom is funny! my dad always makes smart remarks on how i need to grow my hair back MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes . im like yes daddy i AM just naturally. my lil sister who never understood the vision will surely be hatin once my hair passes hers and she better NOT touch it. so yes mel...they will all payin **evil grin** THEY WILL PAAAAAAY!!! **evil laugh** MMmmmwwAAAaaHHHH

@rosebud, the way the eco works best for me is when i raked it in my hair when wet. i got the tip from sweet and i ended up with the BEST wng i ever had. my top/crown is more straight than around my head so i used more product there! next time i use it im gonna mix some oils with it so i dont have to do any extra steps in touchin it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th March 2010, 7:57 pm

I love your new avi Mellow!!! && those curls r popping in your pics!! Love it lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th March 2010, 8:43 pm

@KNH Thank you, I have been fighting my PJ but she is trying to come out. Conditioners, oils, moisturizer, you name it. It was really bad before I started looking into the ingredients.

@Latoya Thank you, we just have to love those edges for what they are...thin lol. Are you doing the castor oil challenge?

@Nubie lol Thank you. You are too much with the evilness MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_lol but family is a trip sometimes.

@mstokes Thank you

@RoseBud that sounds like a good idea that Nubie suggested. I might try that next time.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th March 2010, 8:54 pm

Yes, I am doing the castor oil challenge. I'm seeing a little progress so far, but I'm not sure if it's due to the castor oil.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 8:57 pm

lol toya, u think its all in ur head MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_lol . i always use castor on my edges when they get thin from usin headbands too much and i tend to think the castor helped it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th March 2010, 9:06 pm

We want things to happen so quickly that when they don't were like huh!?! but I think that my strands are definitely thicker. I think I expected a faster change but if nothing else its a great oil( minus the burnt smell) lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th March 2010, 3:04 am

Hey there lady, welcome to the challenge. I didn't realize you had a thread. I love your avi. And yes those curls are poppin in your pics. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 30th March 2010, 7:07 am

Girl, I love that TWA!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 30th March 2010, 5:28 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey there lady, welcome to the challenge. I didn't realize you had a thread. I love your avi. And yes those curls are poppin in your pics. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_smile
Thank you, yes I just got it not that long ago now im on her waaaay too much MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_lol .

MahoganyCurls wrote:Girl, I love that TWA!
Thank you MC, you have been a big inspiration with your videos *virtual hug* lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th March 2010, 5:32 pm

I love the new Avatar!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 30th March 2010, 5:38 pm

I have had a busy busy day and I am Tired pooped drained and any other word you can think of. I will however push on through the day. Not much with the twa just water water water, JBCO on the edges, and BB oil moisturizer (looking for a different moisturizer if anyone has suggestions).

I washed the little ones hair and plan on doing some kind of braid twist combo. If I do it today I will post pics later she has alot of hair.

Hope everyone is having a great day MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

ps today is the last day for free shipping on CD and although she was sold out of the products that I initially wanted I did put two items in my shopping bag the browning oil and face butter. Has anyone tried either?
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 30th March 2010, 5:39 pm

thanks sweet MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 30th March 2010, 6:37 pm

Oh man Mellow- That CD free shipping has me soooo tempted!! I trying so hard to resist the urge. What other products were you trying to get that were sold out?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 30th March 2010, 6:52 pm

I wanted to try the Hair Honey and the brown sugah body butter that I have been hearing so much about but I been trying to get that for like a year (ugh carol).
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next