CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MellowOne "Coil pics"

+44
nattyblog
Fabulousat50
Mom2KurlyT
CocoEuro
Naturally Zee
priceless
mslys09
QuietButterfly
TheRYL1
krazy coils
LadyMika
TMS
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
tiashaunteé
SisterBoyd
missmoriah
curly+kinky+fierce
Cherry: extraordinary!
EllaMomi2002
Mz. Thang
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
neethair
jcanalena79
sunbaby
Vee
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
truet
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
BlakButterfli
SheeTacular
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
48 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Empty Re: MellowOne "Coil pics"

Post by MellowOne 26th April 2010, 9:38 pm

Thanks Sweet MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 11:48 pm

How is the JBCO working for you? I'm wanting to try, but I think I'm going to use the regular castor oil first. Also, does this WGO really smell bad? I'm tempted to try, but I can't do smells.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th April 2010, 12:02 am

I love the JBCO it leaves my hair really soft and my single strands seem to be thicker since using it (thickness may just be from not getting relaxers, not sure). The WGO does smell so you might not like it. The smell doesn't bother me anymore and it doesn't seem to carry throughout the day. I would say to smell it in the store but it has the protective seal on it.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th April 2010, 12:38 pm

Morning Curlies!

After trying the coils in the front last night I decided to do my whole head. It took me about an hour. I didn't look at the clock to see when I started but the Wendy Williams show was on and was going off when I was finishing up.

I started off with misting my hair with a little water. When I first started I was applying eco styler olive oil gel on a row of hair but by the time I go to the back it was a bit difficult to part and keep up with my rows so I just put the gel on my finger and grabbed pieces of hair ( I was just trying to get done my arms were getting restless lol). I tried to do a side part I don't know if you can tell. I will keep these in until saturday (I hope). Last night I tied my hair down with a satin scarf. This morning I spritzed with a mix of my BB moisturizer with aloe and castor oil, water, and aloe vera gel. I also applyed JBCO to my scalp.

This is a very different style for me and is taking some getting use to. I have always loved this style on other ppl. Its my first try so now I know things that I can do different to get better at them the next go round. Anyhoo here are the results MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_smile

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 00911

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 00810

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 00710

I have no idea why my neck looks so wide in the last pic. I guess its how I was turning my head lol.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th April 2010, 12:41 pm

Awwwww....work it Mel!!! THAT looks so totally cute on you!!! I LOVE IT!! LOL @ your neck looking so wide!!! No it doesn't...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th April 2010, 12:52 pm

Thanks KNH MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 12:54 pm

Good job, i am not brave enuff for that. It looks good on you.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th April 2010, 1:04 pm

Thanks Rose MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin . I'm not brave enough myself lol. I am really pushing my confidence level lol. This is one of those styles that I always liked on other ppl. I have been trying it for what weeks now and I would always take them down. Last night I was just like oh well if I don't do it now I might miss my chance. It really let me see how my hair is growing and what texture it is so that was cool. The coils were acutally a good legnth and then there was shrikage lol.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th April 2010, 3:45 pm

i love the coils...and i see the side part. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th April 2010, 3:48 pm

I think this style looks really good on you Very Happy
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th April 2010, 3:57 pm

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_bounce Me likey!! Go head lil Mo!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 27th April 2010, 4:20 pm

Wow Mel. Those coils lok great!! Every time I try some I can never get them tight enough so they don't come out right. Sad
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th April 2010, 5:33 pm

I think the coils look great!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th April 2010, 8:23 pm

Thanks ladies MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin ...I realized this is my first protective style as a natural MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 617583

@mstokes maybe you should try making them smaller or do them on old twist so that your hair has a little curl to it.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 27th April 2010, 9:02 pm

I think they work out better on smaller sections but Idk if I have the patience for smaller ones, and then if they didn't turn out right... ugh! lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th April 2010, 9:12 pm

I love it!!! You did a great job!!! Work it MO and lil mo!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th April 2010, 10:17 pm

Mel the coils look great. I've been thinking about trying them. They look really good once they're separated apart too. You did a wonderful job for a first timer.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th April 2010, 9:22 am

wow mel, u did a pretty good job for ur first time! lil mo' looks good. dmn i didnt even do coils til a good 5 months later! im very impressed. practice makes perfect but u got an upper hand cuz u startin out like a pro.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th April 2010, 9:50 am

Looking good Mel ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 28th April 2010, 1:00 pm

Thanks Everybody MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

@Dva You should try them and I like the coil out too I may do that before I take them down.

Ok ladies today I just spritzed. My hubby informed me that he does not like this look and that I need to take them out asap lol. I knew that he would say that MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_neutral . Kudos to him for giving me a compliment on how neat they were and saving his feelings to see how long I would keep them in MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Kopfschuettel . I like trying new things so when someone gives me negative feedback I'm just like ok "How u Doin MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_tongue ". He is my husband so I will honor his wish but on my time MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_razz . I did not spend a hour just to take them down, no matter how they look. My compromise is wearing a scarf around him. He wont know the difference lol MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Suspect .

Message to fellow curlies: If you like something or want to try something new you betta Rock it no matter what. You will be the one that will be thinking about how you wish you would have tried a style. Your critics will be moving on with no thought of you in mind and most likely trying something new that they think is cool, that may not be cool to you. Some ppl say that life is short. I say "Life is long (or at least it feels that way) but you only have one. Days or short, so I take them one at a time."

In other news for anyone that planned on participating in my book giveaway on my blog it has been cancelled due to some problems I had with the blog itself. I will still be giving the book away but I just need to figure out how I will do it. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_scratch

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_flower
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th April 2010, 1:15 pm

that is definitely a good message; there are so many styles i passed up on and wish i wouldve taken advantage of in my twa days. not that i care what people think becuz my lil sister was hatin but i said soon as nikki minaj or rihanna is walkin around natural THEN she'd wanna jump on the bandwagon. i've always been a leader so i brush lil ig'nant comments off wit no problem. i mean...it is MY head. i loooove eden's coils so i will definitely be revisiting those. i just havent becuz ive gotten so lazy and dread how long it'll take me to do it. i KNOW it'll take longer than an hour!

GIVEAWAYS.... MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_eek ...did i miss it...**checkin blog** i want to do a giveaway too on my bnb but i dont know how to do it MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_scratch ; sooo i was gonna wait until i got my blog up n goin but i cant seem to get pass the design of the blog...its like urs but i want my pic in the title header too! MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Confused
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th April 2010, 1:18 pm

Great message and so true!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 28th April 2010, 1:38 pm

Hi Mel! Love the message. I thought your coils were very becoming. I too have had challenges with my husband liking my hair. He likes the twist outs, but not the twists. He says that a style for going to bed although I think if I had the talent to neaten them up a bit he might come to like them more. The sacrifices we make!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 28th April 2010, 2:40 pm

Thanks Ladies MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

@Nubie I don't know how to get it in the title header but you probably could make a banner. Can't wait for you to get it up and running

@poeticlyspkng yes I am sure that those will be my future challenges. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, we just have to remember where to put them MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_cool
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th April 2010, 3:34 pm

Today I just spritzed and put jbco on my scalp. I have been putting this in my daughters hair on a consistent basis lately. I have noticed that not only does her hair look healthier but it is also easier to detangle after washes. I already gave it a thumbs up but now this stuff gets an official two thumbs up from me.

As always I hope everyone is having a beautiful blessed day MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next