CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MellowOne "Coil pics"

+44
nattyblog
Fabulousat50
Mom2KurlyT
CocoEuro
Naturally Zee
priceless
mslys09
QuietButterfly
TheRYL1
krazy coils
LadyMika
TMS
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
tiashaunteƩ
SisterBoyd
missmoriah
curly+kinky+fierce
Cherry: extraordinary!
EllaMomi2002
Mz. Thang
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
neethair
jcanalena79
sunbaby
Vee
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
truet
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
BlakButterfli
SheeTacular
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
48 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Empty Re: MellowOne "Coil pics"

Post by NubieNatty 30th March 2010, 8:10 pm

maaaaan i stayed in the cd store last summer. the browning oil is good but i have to pair it with some REAL spf thats stronger due to me gettin sun poison MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_mad but i like it. it came w/the brown sugar scrub in a set (plus some lipgloss) and her scrubs are AWESOME!!

i use her souflee's on my son's skin now cuz its thick and i learned the hard way that its only good for the winter time. i used that souflee last summer and my skin felt like it was melting cuz its too thick. EEEEK!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 8:34 pm

Love the new avatar!!!

Rosebud just has to patient. Her last relaxer was only two short months ago.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 30th March 2010, 11:51 pm

@Nubie I been thinking about getting some of her lip gloss??? idk im trying not to buy anything right now. I saw you cutting up in the randoms thread yesterday lol

@Lynnie Thank you MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_smile

So I did my daughters hair and it was a super rush job because as I said earlier I was tired. I think it turned out ok though. I used the aloe vera gel for the first time on her hair. If it doesn't work for me I always see if it will for her and most times it does, go figure. Well here are the pics. Oh yeah the braids were inspired by bholmes and Notthecoolmom (I forgot this yesterday because I couldn't remember where I saw it *slap to the forehead* MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

After wash
MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 00610

I do this to let it air dry a little
MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 00711

I did two braids. In my head they were going to turn out thicker but oh well.
MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 00811

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 00911

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 01011

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 01111

Yes I was missing my hair today so I had to do something ya'll

Last edited by MellowOne on 31st March 2010, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out name)
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st March 2010, 12:00 am

awwww she is too cute!! i love it. great job on her hair. now can you handle doin hers AND yours like that!! diiiing thats alot of hair AND products.

u can pass on her lipgloss, its nothin special really. i only got it cuz it was FREE!! i need to be rejoining that stash challenge but its so hard. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_cry
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 31st March 2010, 12:09 am

Thank you, lol @ going back to the stash challenge. It is hard I been doing good even though last week I bought those gels...smh but I had to right.

I was thinking the same thing when I was doing her hair like I wish I had this much hair but dang I gotta do both our heads really. Thats why im glad I had a boy the second time, just brush and go. Her hair will last a week sometimes two if she keeps her bonnet on but most of the time its on the floor in the morning.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st March 2010, 12:16 am

thats funny! i prayed for my boy first becuz i KNOW right now i dont have the patience or funds for a girl. it feels so good to just brush and go. im gonna try for my girl in 2 yrs.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st March 2010, 12:57 am

The little one's hair is soooo cute! I wish I had a lil girl to practice on. Lol. j/k. (Well about the practice not about the girl. But not now. Lol)
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 31st March 2010, 12:44 pm

@Nubbie yes my son is only 7months but it is so easier to find him clothes and I don't have to do anything to his hair...and look if you really rushing you can have them throw on a hat or brush while you go haha!

@Jusices-n-Berries thank you, girls are really fun because you can do girly things together but sometimes when you just want to rush out the house you cant because you have to do the hair. My daughter has alot of hair as you can see and it does not like being put in one ponytail (easily anyway lol)
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 31st March 2010, 1:08 pm

Good Morning Curlies!

OMG! Its feels so good outside today I hope that all of you that are able will enjoy this weather. If your at work what a great day to take a walk on lunch or just sit outside and eat.

I didn't do anything but spritz with water and put a little bb moisturizer in my hair. I am going to try not to touch my hair more that the two times I spritz a day (I broke that already...it is sooo hard...my hair is a hand magnet MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Kopfschuettel ).

The products I have are working for my hair at the moment so I am also going to try not to buy anything new. With all of these product reviews this is a hard challenge.

I am taking note on all the products I would like to try as of now they are:

Raw Shea Butter
KCCC
Giovanni Direct Leave in
Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
Cantu shea butter
MiraCurl (was loving Sweetdrk1's review pics)
Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey (I would have bought this if it wasn't sold out all the timeMellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 36_19_5

I am sure this list will grow but my birthday is in May so maybe my fam will trim it down MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Sig
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 1st April 2010, 9:55 am

MellowOne I love you new avatar! Your hair is fierce.
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st April 2010, 10:16 am

Wait somehow I missed the little one's hair. I love it! Is this the famous candy sharer (is that a word) LOL! I love it! The missing the hair part will go away quickly, I promise!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st April 2010, 10:34 am

Your daughter's hair is so cute. My hair is similar to that today. Haha! I have two flat twist in the front today and a twist out in the back.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 1st April 2010, 11:36 am

Your daughter's hair is too cute! I'll have to try that on my daughter one day.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 1st April 2010, 12:37 pm

Hi MellowOne,

Your TWA is fierce, girl!! I have seen your avi around the forum and just wanted to say that.

You're too cute about your mom and whiplash. Your mom will come around, so hang in there. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_smile
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 1st April 2010, 1:42 pm

sunbaby wrote:Hi MellowOne,

Your TWA is fierce, girl!! I have seen your avi around the forum and just wanted to say that.

Me too!!! I almost don't want you to grow your hair, lol ... that low cut REALLY fits you I love you
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 2:31 pm

Vee wrote:MellowOne I love you new avatar! Your hair is fierce.
Thank You!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Wait somehow I missed the little one's hair. I love it! Is this the famous candy sharer (is that a word) LOL! I love it! The missing the hair part will go away quickly, I promise!!
Thank you! Yes that's her lol

Lynnieluve wrote:Your daughter's hair is so cute. My hair is similar to that today. Haha! I have two flat twist in the front today and a twist out in the back.
Thank You! I didn't think of doing the flat twist in the front, good idea Lynnie MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_smile

LaToya28 wrote:Your daughter's hair is too cute! I'll have to try that on my daughter one day.
Thank You! She thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

You're too cute about your mom and whiplash. Your mom will come around, so hang in there. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_smile
Thank You! I hope she will. I have just avoided any talk about hair with her since that comment lol

jcanalena79 wrote:

Me too!!! I almost don't want you to grow your hair, lol ... that low cut REALLY fits you I love you
Thank you! I was surprised that I like it soo much. I am ready for it to grow out so that I can play with it lol . However I am enjoying it while it last MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thanks Ladies I was not in the best of moods this morning but you all put a smile on my face. That's what I love about CN you Curlies are the BEST! *HUGS*
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 2:41 pm

So as you ladies know my hair has grown out a little bit. This morining I thought I would try something diff and this is what I got

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 01210

I used the eco styler olive oil gel on dry hair (same moisture and seal technique that I always do is under the gel)

That's all for now hope everyone has a Wonderful Day!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 1st April 2010, 2:54 pm

Your daughter's hair turned out so cute!!! You did a great job Smile
And you are WORKING that side part! It's beautiful!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 3:05 pm

Thanks bholmes, and my part is holding strong I thought it would be gone by now lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 1st April 2010, 3:10 pm

oooh girlie! That is so pretty! You make me wanna cut my hair all over again!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 3:56 pm

Thanks MC! Your TWA was rockin but I love your long curls even 3days old lol. Have you styled yet?
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 1st April 2010, 5:54 pm

Happy Thursday MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_cool i might have to try that part.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 6:15 pm

The Joker

To be Nappy oh how it makes me happy. Kinky Coily Wavey, man look how those curls whirl. Through my fingers I twirl my tresses with a smile on my face. In the face of the joker that told me I could only use chemical's to bring out my pretty face. To the joker that said I would be replaced if my tresses didn't lay straight like my very distant cousins, you know the ones that said they discoverd this place. My home America land of the free. Yet most of my brothers and sisters are still chained by societies pressures to burn and kill the real. Come on lets keep it really real. Beauty lies within and I'm not bashing, just speaking my mind to the joker. The one that laughed right in my face when I said that I wanted to embrace the real me. The one that said that I would be so ugly with my hair looking all nappy. Nappy seems to be the word of choice. So I use it happy and now take it as a compliment. I say thank you Joker I am soo happy to be Nappy.

Joker looks left says "Kinky"
Joker looks right says "Coily"
Joker sees me
Joker looks me right in my eyes and says "man how those curls whirl everyway I twirl"

As I walked away from the mirror, I smiled proudly, and left the joker behind.

You see because the Joker was just a reflection of the old me. I am only speaking for me. These are my thoughts past to present. Relaxed to Natural. I loved my relaxed hair for years. I love relaxed hair now. Loved Natural hair from a distance. I thought it could never be me. Now I love the new Natural Me.

Whether relaxed or natural don't be fooled by the joker in the mirror. Just be happy, even if it happens to be what some call Nappy. MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_rr
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 1st April 2010, 6:17 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:oooh girlie! That is so pretty! You make me wanna cut my hair all over again!

You may have to cut your hair all over again since you "relaxed" it ... lol! you're so silly tongue
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st April 2010, 6:18 pm

RoseBud wrote:Happy Thursday MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 3 Icon_cool i might have to try that part.

Same to you RoseBud, you should try it you know its not much we can do right now lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next