CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by CurlsGalore 17th July 2010, 1:59 pm

Well said, PS! Cheers to achieving our dreams and making things happen!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th July 2010, 3:23 pm

Hey PS,
Looking forward to the pics of the JC Norish & Shine & Aveda Defining Whip. I have some JC N&S that I haven't really used yet. Anyway, nice blog. I'm following you too. Sonia Sanchez is one of my all time favorites. There are some newer poets I like too that used to perform on the HBO's Def Poetry Jam.

Great mantra!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th July 2010, 11:19 pm

Hey PoeticlySpkng!

I love the mantra...I gotta print it (with your permission, of course...LOL) and put it where I can see it...er'day!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th July 2010, 8:20 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Good Mantra!

sweetdrk1 wrote:what she said!

CrissyQ wrote:Move forward, even if it means sometimes walking alone. I LOVE IT!

WhosThatRedHead wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:Move forward, even if it means sometimes walking alone. I LOVE IT!

me too Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Herz

nattyblog wrote:An excellent mantra if I ever saw one. Very Happy

CurlsGalore wrote:Well said, PS! Cheers to achieving our dreams and making things happen!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey PoeticlySpkng!

I love the mantra...I gotta print it (with your permission, of course...LOL) and put it where I can see it...er'day!

NP, Sweet, Crissy, Redhead, Natty, CurlsG and Ryl... Thanks for enjoying my quote! Feel free to pass it forward!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey PS,
Looking forward to the pics of the JC Norish & Shine & Aveda Defining Whip. I have some JC N&S that I haven't really used yet. Anyway, nice blog. I'm following you too. Sonia Sanchez is one of my all time favorites. There are some newer poets I like too that used to perform on the HBO's Def Poetry Jam.

Great mantra!
Hey Dva- I actually liked the combo, will post pics shortly! And thanks for following me! I like Sonia too! I get inspiration from so many poets.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Empty Jane Carter with Aveda Defining Whip and Sunday hair pics

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th July 2010, 9:32 pm

Hey ladies! I'm about to post and then go visiting. I've had a fun hair weekend, still struggling with the humidity a bit. On Wednesday, I washed my hair after attending a spin class. Trying to pump up my exercise regimen! Anyway, I did do a pre-poo and left AOHSR on for about 2-3 hours before washing it. I left in the kimmaytube leave-in. I actually used a different leave-in this time with it.. The shea moisture leave in... Twisted it up using just a little JC Nourish and Shine and adding a dab of my aveda. It always gives me the hold I seek. The first day it was shrunken a bit but shiny. But with each day, it has gotten better. That said- I didn't take any pics until today, so what you see next will be 4-day hair. I often retwist my hair in chunky twists at night because I tend to have bedhead when I don't and end up having to do it over. Funny, when I was a permie I had to wrap my hair at night OR sleep pretty... You know, propped up on one elbow... LOL! Didn't get much sleep in those days but my hair was saved! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Icon_razz What the sacrifice was I thinking!? Anyway, twisting it at night is kind of like wrapping it I guess.

Well, here are pics. We had a good, big hair day today. I can rarely capture how big my hair is when I take pics of myself but you can see here... Excuse the goofy pics, I was playing with my camera- no flash, etc. Still trying to get to know it. And of course, there is always the one that shows girls with glasses rock. Wink

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Dsc_0510

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Dsc_0511

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Dsc_0610
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 18th July 2010, 10:25 pm

OMG Poeticly your hair is Gorgeous! The first pic is hot! I have the JC Nourish and Shine but I've only used it to fluff my hair in the mornings and add a little shine. I was afraid to twist with it because I was afraid it would leave my hair a little greasy. How does your hair feel when you use it to twist and does it give hold by itself?

I remember those permie days of sleeping on one elbow and waking up with a stiff neck Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Kopfschuettel Your four day hair is the bomb!!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th July 2010, 10:31 pm

It's so cute!!! I'm loving the 4 day hair!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th July 2010, 10:32 pm

Hey Tasha! it seemed just a tad oily the first day but not too bad. I appreciated the shine it provided. I only used a little. I'm thinking when I retwist tonight I might use a little. As for hold- I use the aveda defining whip for that.

and THANKS! I appreciate Thelma a little more with each passing day! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Icon_biggrin
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th July 2010, 10:36 pm

Poet that hair looks amazing!!! I love it all the pictures are fire!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th July 2010, 10:45 pm

Hey Poetic!

Lookin real good in them pics! Yes, and we chicks with glasses DO rock. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Icon_rr
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 18th July 2010, 11:26 pm

4 day hair looks good on you lady!! It looks so soft and lush!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th July 2010, 11:31 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:It's so cute!!! I'm loving the 4 day hair!

THANKS RedHead!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Poet that hair looks amazing!!! I love it all the pictures are fire!!
Sweet, thanks my dear! I'm trying to step my camera game up like you and yourn! Wink

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Poetic!

Lookin real good in them pics! Yes, and we chicks with glasses DO rock. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Icon_rr
Ryl, thanks girl. Loving your latest twist out; I think I came by and said so!

nattyblog wrote:4 day hair looks good on you lady!! It looks so soft and lush!!
Hey Natty! Thanks! It was pretty soft and full and all that. Today we're looking pretty good too. I'm thinking my hair may like the butter type stuff.

Good Monday to everyone! We had a very stormy day yesterday and I spent much of it chillin (and taking pictures Wink )... I sat there talking to my husband about Curly Nikki and all my buddies here. I told him Ryl's curly sue story and he cracked up because he knows that is something he would say too. I truly love everyone and take joy getting to know someone new every week although it has become hard to keep up! But that won't stop me from trying! Anyway, Thelma is looking cute again today- which means just like I want her look and predictable. I'm learning that settling on one regimen can be super beneficial. Meaning PJ is curbed, officially although I may explore the KBN butters once I use up all my JC Nourish and Shine which has been collecting dust for forever. My relaxed hair just never liked it... So, I believe she is growing and I'm ready to trim soon. I really want to do it myself but I'm a little scared when I think on it too long... Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Affraid Yeah, that kind of scared... But I know I won't chop off as much as my stylist did the last time I went in. Anyway, we'll see.. Make it a great one everybody!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th July 2010, 12:16 pm

Hey PS, I love how you addressed KC by her name. So cute that lets me know that we are really gettting to know each other. Thanks for accepting the friendship on FB, I was thinking, and i said hey I only have like 2 CN friends on my facebook. So i started searching and i found Lynne. Smile

Your hair looks great, and I looove the earrings. Hope your day goes great, and DO NOT make me go and buy no JC nourish and shine Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Lol
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th July 2010, 2:12 pm

Good Monday to everyone! We had a very stormy day yesterday and I spent much of it chillin (and taking pictures Wink )... I sat there talking to my husband about Curly Nikki and all my buddies here. I told him Ryl's curly sue story and he cracked up because he knows that is something he would say too. I truly love everyone and take joy getting to know someone new every week although it has become hard to keep up! But that won't stop me from trying! Anyway, Thelma is looking cute again today- which means just like I want her look and predictable. I'm learning that settling on one regimen can be super beneficial. Meaning PJ is curbed, officially although I may explore the KBN butters once I use up all my JC Nourish and Shine which has been collecting dust for forever. My relaxed hair just never liked it... So, I believe she is growing and I'm ready to trim soon. I really want to do it myself but I'm a little scared when I think on it too long... Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Affraid Yeah, that kind of scared... But I know I won't chop off as much as my stylist did the last time I went in. Anyway, we'll see.. Make it a great one everybody![/quote]
Hey Poeticly!

I agree...I love this place. It's a wonderful group of women on here...I sometimes wonder how did I end up here. LOL I figured positive gravitates to positive, birds of a feather, etc., etc.! Like this past weekend, I went supply shopping with SisterBoyd and TerraD...we had such a good time!

On the hair tip: So you really like the JC Nourish and Shine? I ask because I was checking it out, right...and it costs like a whole lot, right? So you're saying it's worth it? Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Lol
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th July 2010, 4:11 pm

Hey Poetic...

I love your 4 day hair!!! WOW that is big!!! I really don't like twisting at night, and when I do bigger twists I lose my definition. Oh well...I'll figure it out!!

OBTW....those earrings are to die for!!!

I know what you mean about curbing my PJ...I am making myself save, so I only buy something little like conditioner here and there. I'll share all that later in my product posting this evening!!

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 20th July 2010, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffyd 19th July 2010, 5:38 pm

I love the shape of your hair. It really fits your face.
tiffyd
tiffyd

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th July 2010, 7:14 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Hey PS, I love how you addressed KC by her name. So cute that lets me know that we are really gettting to know each other. Thanks for accepting the friendship on FB, I was thinking, and i said hey I only have like 2 CN friends on my facebook. So i started searching and i found Lynne. Smile

Your hair looks great, and I looove the earrings. Hope your day goes great, and DO NOT make me go and buy no JC nourish and shine Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Lol

Hey Crissy! Hopefully Miss T is ok with that! Wink I didn't ask... Glad you found me though and please do call me Lynne! Thanks regarding the earrings. I got them from Macy's for only 4.99... Quite the steal. Don't go buy that JC unless you just need a butter. Mine is actually a few years old. I purchased it and didn't use it.

TheRYL1 wrote:Good Monday to everyone! We had a very stormy day yesterday and I spent much of it chillin (and taking pictures Wink )... I sat there talking to my husband about Curly Nikki and all my buddies here. I told him Ryl's curly sue story and he cracked up because he knows that is something he would say too. I truly love everyone and take joy getting to know someone new every week although it has become hard to keep up! But that won't stop me from trying! Anyway, Thelma is looking cute again today- which means just like I want her look and predictable. I'm learning that settling on one regimen can be super beneficial. Meaning PJ is curbed, officially although I may explore the KBN butters once I use up all my JC Nourish and Shine which has been collecting dust for forever. My relaxed hair just never liked it... So, I believe she is growing and I'm ready to trim soon. I really want to do it myself but I'm a little scared when I think on it too long... Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Affraid Yeah, that kind of scared... But I know I won't chop off as much as my stylist did the last time I went in. Anyway, we'll see.. Make it a great one everybody!
Hey Poeticly!

I agree...I love this place. It's a wonderful group of women on here...I sometimes wonder how did I end up here. LOL I figured positive gravitates to positive, birds of a feather, etc., etc.! Like this past weekend, I went supply shopping with SisterBoyd and TerraD...we had such a good time!

On the hair tip: So you really like the JC Nourish and Shine? I ask because I was checking it out, right...and it costs like a whole lot, right? So you're saying it's worth it? Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Lol[/quote]
Hey Ryl! did you get some gun supplies? dO TELL! I do like the JC... Not trying to be an enabler!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Poetic...

I love your 4 day hair!!! WOW that is big!!! I really don't like twisting at night, and when I do bigger twists I loose my definition. Oh well...I'll figure it out!!

OBTW....those earrings are to die for!!!

I know what you mean about curbing my PJ...I am making myself save, so I only buy something little like conditioner here and there. I'll share all that later in my product posting this evening!!

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH
Thanks KNH! Keep curbing that PJ. I only have JC N&S because I got it a few years ago and never used. Apparently no serious shelf life issues. LOL! And thanks for the 4-day hair compliments and the earrings- Macys... $4.99! Smile

tiffyd wrote:I love the shape of your hair. It really fits your face.
Hi TiffyD! Thanks! Most of my hair just does what it wants... But I have trained it around my face. It's been an interesting path getting it just the way I like it!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th July 2010, 7:18 pm

Hey Lynne,

Girl no I don't mind you calling me by my name (lol)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th July 2010, 10:37 pm

krazy coils wrote:OMG Poeticly your hair is Gorgeous! Your four day hair is the bomb!!

ITA!!! And what about sleeping with your head hanging a little over the side of the mattress/off the bed? My neck hurt too but my hair the next day was together. How silly, now that I think about it...lol!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th July 2010, 11:27 pm

beauuuuuuuuutiful pics...i want mine to be fluffy n full on the top like urs!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th July 2010, 12:10 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Lynne,

Girl no I don't mind you calling me by my name (lol)
YAY!! I don't usually take such liberties!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
krazy coils wrote:OMG Poeticly your hair is Gorgeous! Your four day hair is the bomb!!

ITA!!! And what about sleeping with your head hanging a little over the side of the mattress/off the bed? My neck hurt too but my hair the next day was together. How silly, now that I think about it...lol!
Hey Dva! How are those coils holding up? Thanks girl. I washed that stuff yesterday... It blew up during spinning class. But I can appreciate getting 5 days of hair. I really need to co-wash more... But I digress... I did try sleeping with my head hanging off the bed, propped up on pillows, and who knows what else. Shoot, I paid big money for that hair! Thank goodness those days are OVER!

NubieNatty wrote:beauuuuuuuuutiful pics...i want mine to be fluffy n full on the top like urs!
Hey Nubie girlfriend! Thanks so much girl. That is my favorite part after lamenting in the last 6 months because my twists don't hang like others. I have a hit list on those folks. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Suspect LOL! Kidding... These days, I accept the crown I've been given.

I washed my hair last night after the gym because my scalp was salty with sweat. Yuk! I detangled it and twisted it back up in sections while I was in the shower. WHY I HAVEN'T I DONE THIS ALREADY??? Wow, life was much easier when it came to styling. I read about so many of you doing this and I'm not sure why I havent. Boo to me... Thelma was grateful! Then I used the famous K-leave-in and twisted back up with Jane Carter Nourish and Shine and my aveda whip for the hold. The first time I did this it was a little greasy but today it's just right. This is because instead of putting a little on each twist, I put a little on each section and that was plenty. As they used to say in the olden days... a little dab will do ya! Smile

IN THE WORLD OF FITNESS- Heading to a walk/run in the park tonight or Zumba... Decision based on the weather- storm threats are in full effect today! I have joined a sports ministry at my church and we are hosting our first outing tonight. 2 guys and a girl- I got nominated somehow... LOL! I need to investigate... This is just one other way I'm furthering my goals/dreams. Getting fit! Whoo hoo!

Make it a great day gals!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th July 2010, 12:20 pm

Hey there!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 20th July 2010, 4:36 pm

Hey! I just realized I haven't been by your thread so here I am!!! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Icon_biggrin

Love the avi!

I have the Jane Carter Nourish and Shine but unfortunately when I ordered it, it had melted & when it firmed back up, it was grainy. I think its the mango butter in it. I'm gonna have to get another jar to get the full effect. I love the smell of it though.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 20th July 2010, 6:42 pm

Hey PS!!

I'm loving your 4 day hair!! You have the prettiest little curls and coils!! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 16 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 20th July 2010, 7:26 pm

How do you like Zumba?
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next