CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd June 2010, 8:39 pm

Hey KNH! I'm not sure... I don't sleep pretty but I'm tempted to just see what happens! I'll keep you posted!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by krazy coils 2nd June 2010, 9:49 pm

Lovely, it looks so soft! You just couldn't resist buying it could you (lol)?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 2nd June 2010, 10:37 pm

Beautiful results and pics...writing Aveda Defining Whip on my things to buy list Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Icon_biggrin .
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd June 2010, 10:39 pm

PS, your hair looks great. As soon as I saw the pics I said, "oh wow look at that". My sister said who are you talking too. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Icon_redface

Your twist out is so well definted. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Icon_cheers for no shrinkage.

LOL @ you and the Aveda consultant. You weren't trying to hear it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 10:24 am

Hey Krazy Coils... No... (head hanging low, sheepish smile)... I couldn't resist! And I'm glad I didn't! Girl I love this stuff. My next test is to see if I can sleep with it. I'll try that tonight that way I can just wear a wng in the morning if it doesn't hold up.

curlsunfurled- girl that stuff is the business. I kept seeing Nikki post about it and I HAD to try it, especially since there is an aveda near me. They are all over the place where I live.

Dva- LOL! I talk to curlynikki all the time and my husband is like- curly nikki again? LOL! I had some shrinkage but minimal. Normally I have so much my ears are exposed but this time, they half covered so I think I've lost about an inch or so of shrinkage. That is a plus all by itself for me. And don't think I'm not going back in that store just to show off. LMBO! But I am!

@KNH- I was scared to sleep on it last night so I did retwist and I used only the smallest bit in the process. Like just enough to "wet" my finger. Tonight I'm just going to bed. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd June 2010, 10:58 am

G'morning! Miss Thelma is looking lovely! Your definition is amazing...good job!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 11:02 am

Awesome looking hair! It is full and well moisturized this is my hair goal. About the Sushi you know I just not started eating it my hubby loves it. So he kept trying to get me to eat it, I finally did because of the avocado on top (which I love) and now I am hooked!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 3rd June 2010, 11:07 am

Your twistout looks great! I'm glad you didn't follow the consultant's advice b/c they do not know what they are talking about sometimes..
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd June 2010, 11:21 am

great results with the aveda whip! looking good girlie!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 12:11 pm

Good morning and thanks ladies! Thanks LaToya. Looking at your avi, reminds me of myself a year ago. I was loving that length and have contemplated bcing again for the summer.

CurlyA- how are you feeling? Better I hope? Sushi. It took a great deal of coaxing for me to go there but I haven't looked back!

Hey Serenity- you know I'm coming over right? Wink And yeah, I'm glad I didn't listen. I followed CN's regimen and it worked just fine for me. I'll be near the store this evening so you know I'm going in. LOL

Thanks CCC! What are you up to these days? I need to stop by!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd June 2010, 12:17 pm

I love your hair, kassidy wants o be like thelma when she grow up. I love the glasses too, I wear them but I tend to take them off when I take pictures. Girls with glasses rock!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd June 2010, 12:20 pm

CrissyQ wrote:I love your hair, kassidy wants o be like thelma when she grow up. I love the glasses too, I wear them but I tend to take them off when I take pictures. Girls with glasses rock!

LOL, you didn't say this to me, but I agree!!!

Morning PS!!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 2:08 pm

LOL! Amen Crissy and Muz! Girls with glasses DO rock! I started wearing contacts only about 5 years ago and honestly, I prefer my glasses. I sometimes take them off for pictures but mostly I like them on. Contacts are my weekend look!

And thanks Crissy- Kassidy is coming- guns ablazing!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd June 2010, 2:10 pm

I prefer my glasses too, just less of a hassle. It's nice to have the contacts option, I just got my first pairs I think in late 2008 (it took me a while to get over the whole "putting something in my eyes" thing), but I haven't had to order new ones yet. That tells you how often I wear them ~Lol~

Last edited by Muz on 3rd June 2010, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 3rd June 2010, 2:12 pm

CurlyA- how are you feeling? Better I hope? Sushi. It took a great deal of coaxing for me to go there but I haven't looked back!
I'm doing alot better, How is your day going? Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd June 2010, 3:10 pm

Hey PoeticlySpkg! How are you? ;-)

Now THAT is definition! Your hair is banging! Dang it...now I have to buy some Aveda, too! My product wish list is getting longer and longer!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd June 2010, 4:49 pm

Wow that twistout came out FAB!!!!! I'm going to the Aveda store today and I just did my first set of twists and I really like them but am looking for a really good natural product to help define the twist out better. I may just have to pick this up since there's not an Aveda store near my school and I'm like you, I hate paying shipping.

What other Aveda products do you have (or plan to get in the future)??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 3rd June 2010, 5:15 pm

Wow. You have so much definition and they look bouncy!
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd June 2010, 7:24 pm

Hey Lady!! You and ms. Thelma are tearing it up!! Looking good. Keep up the good work.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 3rd June 2010, 9:50 pm

Man!!!!! your hair looks Great !!!! now look what you dun made me do .....On Aveda trying to buy some defining whip! .......DAG NABBIT ...lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 9:53 pm

@CurlyA- doing ok today! Glad you're better!
Ryl- good to see you! You don't HAVE to buy any! Wink
@Muz- you sound like me. I can keep contacts for long periods.
@Neem- they felt bouncy too! I was STOKED!
@Shee- hey girl!
@MStokes-the good thing about Aveda is that many salons sell it; especially those that don't cater to African American hair in my city. So, you might just find it in a salon near your school. I am also considering the Be Curly Enhancer. We'll see. Maybe in a few weeks.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 10:01 pm

Curlyme- LOL!!! Sorry girl, I'm out here trying to be a GOOD influence!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 11:29 pm

That twist out was fabulous!!!

And Girls with glasses DO rock. I choose based on how I feel that day. Sometimes if I think my hair looks better without my glasses I will put on my contacts.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd June 2010, 11:47 pm

Lynnie- you wear glasses too? Didn't know! And thanks! I loved the results. I managed to create more frizz in it today by retwisting it last night. Just going with it from now on.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th June 2010, 12:42 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:Ok bellas! I gave in to my pj yesterday. After stalking the Aveda store consultant 3 times over the last 5 days I returned yesterday with a plan to walk out with it. Nikki gave it rave reviews prior to her baby shower and I loved the results. And it fits right in with my plans to NOT order online and pay shipping for products. Shipping is such a rip off to me, plus I'm kind of cheap... LOL! But I digress. So, I the "consultant" was trying to lecture me on best products to purchase and insisted I could not use the defining whip as a styler on wet hair. I told her that I had an online "friend" who in fact used it that way and it worked for her just fine and bid her adieu. I worked out really hard yesterday so I had to wash my hair and of course I HAD to use my new find. I actually DC'd before I went and ran stairs so I washed it out when I came home. I left in Yes to Cucumbers. Afterward, I twisted it up as usual but applied the defining whip to each twist and shea butter to the ends. I could tell that it would be a good turn out because my twists didn't shrink up as much as usual. Since they didn't, I also didn't use clips to weigh down the front as I normally do. So I woke up this morning, quite excited to see the results and I was NOT disappointed! This is my best result to date with a product. Why? Because (1) I didn't have to use clips to get some hang time up front (2) the elongation I got with day 1 is what I usually get from retwisting! and (3) my hair is defined, soft and the only frizz came because I couldn't keep my hands out of it! So, this product will likely end my search. My next quest is to see how long I can keep it in because at $18, it can get expensive. I'll use it mostly when I need my hair to last a few days. But I'm thinking that when I know I'm going to work out, I'll use something cheaper like my curls or my sheamoisture curl smoothie which I don't mind washing back out. Still love that stuff too. Anyway, here are the results... Loving it!

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Aveda210

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Aveda310

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Aveda10

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Aveda510

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 9 Aveda610

Your twist outs are adorbale. I am sorry, that is the perfect word for you "ADORABLE."
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next