CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd June 2010, 11:48 pm

Hey Poetic

I've missed a lot...I love your hair!!! I am going to try a wNg tomorrow after my work out...hmmmm wonder what that is going to look like!!!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi...cute avatar picture!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by TheRYL1 24th June 2010, 3:19 pm

Hey Poetic!

All is well with me! How are you?

Love the avi pic...you look cute & happy! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

With your wash n' go...try layering the products...oil, then creamy...then add your styler. Hopefully, that'll help combat the dryness and define your curl at the same time. Also try HE Totally Twisted Scrunching (something like that..hahahaha) Gel...it's about $3 and it holds w/o a lot of crunch!

Have a good one!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th June 2010, 12:48 pm

Sorry to hear about you WnG trials not going well. This is what I have found to be helpful. Ensure your hair is dripping soaking wet. Apply loads of leave in/water-based product then oil then styler, if needed. Like attracts like so the water in your hair will attract to the water in the first products. Oil will seal in all the goodness.

Also, shake your head so your curls find one another. HTH

BTW, when was the last time you DC and/or clarified? These two things can really affect how your hair reacts to products.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 25th June 2010, 2:47 pm

Hi PS, how are you and thelma? Hope all is well, i will be back to see if you checked in. TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 27th June 2010, 11:44 am

trial and error, trial and success.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th June 2010, 8:19 pm

I love the twists! Slightly tossled twists have always been my favorite kind of twists! Can't wait to see you in your wng! I mean Thelma in her wng! I'm just starting to realize you ladies are naming your hair, lol! I was like who's Thelma?? Mystique?? lol!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th June 2010, 7:48 am

Hey Poet,
Listen to Chrs. This way does work then plop it. Did you try plopping yet? The combo works for me. Then after I plop, I shake, fluff, and place curls where I want them to go. So far, me likey. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th June 2010, 7:57 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:Thanks krazy coils! The humidity has been a mess lately. Honestly I don't mind doing my hair more often but I am trying to re-allocate some time. I will be rocking more wngs if this continues. I'll just have to embrace the shrinkage as advised by my fellow Ohioan- Muz. Smile

Me and Thelma are doing it big today! I thought I'd take a final picture since after my spin class she will probably blow up. I should probably twist up before I go and rinse after... We'll see...

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Monday10

BTW, I love this pic cheers Your hair looks awesome!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th June 2010, 2:30 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Dva! You know... My friend told me that we always want what we can't have. She said this after I admired the way her twist out hung from her scalp. Muz has the same hair effect. I want mine to do that too! But instead, Thelma stands. I decided to just embrace it but I still look longingly at hanging twists. I posted a pic of how my twists look while wet. I just do them randomly, everywhere. Nothing else. See page 6. You'll see even the twists don't lay down. Unruly child, she is. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_wink

Thanks! I check out page 6. I see what you do, some of your twists are going forward instead of down or back. I'll have to try that. I want more randomness with my t/o (some to the back, side, up, etc. if that makes sense) versus just same way. .

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 S6300221 Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 S6300220
Twisted & Twist out

I'll be sure to try it next time. Did you do anything special to your hair this weekend?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 28th June 2010, 4:07 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Poetic

I've missed a lot...I love your hair!!! I am going to try a wNg tomorrow after my work out...hmmmm wonder what that is going to look like!!!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi...cute avatar picture!
Hey KNH! "HI" back at ya! What's new girlfriend!? I haven't been on Nikki much except to post here and there and lurk about. I've been trying to do wng's during the week because I'm trying to hit the gym a bit more often and it's easier to keep my scalp clean that way.

KNH

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Poetic!

All is well with me! How are you?

Love the avi pic...you look cute & happy! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

With your wash n' go...try layering the products...oil, then creamy...then add your styler. Hopefully, that'll help combat the dryness and define your curl at the same time. Also try HE Totally Twisted Scrunching (something like that..hahahaha) Gel...it's about $3 and it holds w/o a lot of crunch!

Have a good one!
Hey Ryl! Good to "see" ya! I am going to try layering. Chrs suggested the same thing. Obviously what used to work for me, does no longer so I'm going to switch it up beginning tomorrow. I did get some of the totally twisted gel per your suggestion. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Sorry to hear about you WnG trials not going well. This is what I have found to be helpful. Ensure your hair is dripping soaking wet. Apply loads of leave in/water-based product then oil then styler, if needed. Like attracts like so the water in your hair will attract to the water in the first products. Oil will seal in all the goodness.

Also, shake your head so your curls find one another. HTH

BTW, when was the last time you DC and/or clarified? These two things can really affect how your hair reacts to products.
Hey Chrs! Girl, you just don't know my frustration. One day when I was expressing my frustration about wng's to him, my husband said- 'yeah... your hair doesn't look exciting today.' I couldn't do anything but laugh. But it's good to know he thinks it's exciting the rest of the time. I'm going to pm you today to see if I have this technique down and I'm definitely going to try it. I try to DC and clarify once a week if not twice.

CrissyQ wrote:Hi PS, how are you and thelma? Hope all is well, i will be back to see if you checked in. TTYL
Hi Crissy! We are hanging in there! How are you?!

swoodward wrote:trial and error, trial and success.
Indeed Swoodward. Gotta keep trying!

nattyblog wrote:I love the twists! Slightly tossled twists have always been my favorite kind of twists! Can't wait to see you in your wng! I mean Thelma in her wng! I'm just starting to realize you ladies are naming your hair, lol! I was like who's Thelma?? Mystique?? Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Lol
Natty- lol at the names! Yes, we have named ours. What are you going to name yours? I like my twists tousled also. I have tried to leave them less so, but that's not my style. I try to muss it up without frizz as much as possible! That wng... Ugh... I'm going to try again tomorrow. I have a spin class tonight so I will wash afterward, probably condition over night and give this another go.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Poet,
Listen to Chrs. This way does work then plop it. Did you try plopping yet? The combo works for me. Then after I plop, I shake, fluff, and place curls where I want them to go. So far, me likey. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_smile
IB- I just figured out what plopping was last week. I'm going to listen to Chrs and try plopping in the a.m. I'll keep you posted. And thanks for the compliment on the pic!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
poeticlyspkng wrote:Thanks krazy coils! The humidity has been a mess lately. Honestly I don't mind doing my hair more often but I am trying to re-allocate some time. I will be rocking more wngs if this continues. I'll just have to embrace the shrinkage as advised by my fellow Ohioan- Muz. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_smile

Me and Thelma are doing it big today! I thought I'd take a final picture since after my spin class she will probably blow up. I should probably twist up before I go and rinse after... We'll see...

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Monday10

BTW, I love this pic Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_cheers Your hair looks awesome!!!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Dva! You know... My friend told me that we always want what we can't have. She said this after I admired the way her twist out hung from her scalp. Muz has the same hair effect. I want mine to do that too! But instead, Thelma stands. I decided to just embrace it but I still look longingly at hanging twists. I posted a pic of how my twists look while wet. I just do them randomly, everywhere. Nothing else. See page 6. You'll see even the twists don't lay down. Unruly child, she is. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_wink

Thanks! I check out page 6. I see what you do, some of your twists are going forward instead of down or back. I'll have to try that. I want more randomness with my t/o (some to the back, side, up, etc. if that makes sense) versus just same way. .

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 S6300221 Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 S6300220
Twisted & Twist out

I'll be sure to try it next time. Did you do anything special to your hair this weekend?
Hey DVA! How did you style your hair in those pics?? Were those twists? They are VERY nice. Looking super moist! I did nothing special. I've been a little frustrated because I want to try something new but can't get anything to work. I may straighten it soon so I can get my ends trimmed. That creates a little variety... This weekend I just wore a twist out as usual and that was fine. As for how I do my twists- yeah... I try to put them in the way I want them to fall when I take them out. That is the only real technique I use.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Empty My hair today and my wash and go challenges

Post by poeticlyspkng 28th June 2010, 4:13 pm

Thanks to everyone who has offered me tips on getting my wash and go perfected. The most interesting thing is that when my hair was short, my wasn and gos were awesome. Now, that it's longer- not so much and that makes me sad and frustrated. Last week I refused to show anyone but my family the mess my hair was each day. I'm sure my co-workers gave me what happened glances all week. LOL! Kind of funny, but not really. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_evil Nonetheless, I twisted my hair back up on Thursday night and wore a twist out all weekend. Nothing new there. The good thing is that I'm noticing a length change and that's always good. A little more hang in places that didn't before. My hair is the only part of me that I'm ok with drooping. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Fresse Know what i'm say'in? LOL! In any case, here is me today. Pics are a little blurry, not sure why but you can get the gist. Hope you curlies are having a great day!

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Imag0116

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Imag0117
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th June 2010, 7:05 pm

Hey Beautiful! Cute pics, doll! I'd like to try a WnG, but I don't like it feels when it dries out. I may try Chrs' suggestion and give it a try. You look fab, as usual!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th June 2010, 7:18 pm

Hey Poeticly,

Your hair looks gorgeous in the pics as usual! I definitely miss the ease of the wash n go in the twa stage. I think its the in-between stage where you no longer have a twa and its not really long you can just never predict how its going to turn out.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 28th June 2010, 9:24 pm

well, you look amazing. Maybe your hair is in a mood? A couple inches % the W&G may be back in favor...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 29th June 2010, 7:44 pm

Hey Poetic...just rollin' through...saying "HEY"!

For your WnG...a suggestion: Do you have a good deep condish? That could possibly help with your results.

And I feel you TOTALLY about nothin' drooping but the hair! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Kopfschuettel LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 30th June 2010, 8:34 am

Your twistout looks great! I don't know about the wash n'go for me b/c it isn't predictable. I haven't gotten the technique down to where I can replicate it with no problem each time. Also sometimes when it dries pieces of my hair feel hard. Sad
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Empty Wash and go talk, a funny story on the way to the market and pics :)

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th June 2010, 12:24 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Beautiful! Cute pics, doll! I'd like to try a WnG, but I don't like it feels when it dries out. I may try Chrs' suggestion and give it a try. You look fab, as usual!
I did try Chrs' suggestion and with each day it's getting better. I will post a pic below. And thanks regarding the pics! I'm trying to keep up with you!

krazy coils wrote:Hey Poeticly,

Your hair looks gorgeous in the pics as usual! I definitely miss the ease of the wash n go in the twa stage. I think its the in-between stage where you no longer have a twa and its not really long you can just never predict how its going to turn out.
Hey KrazyCoils- Thanks very much! The wng is definitely a PLUS for the twas. If only I had appreciated it more when I was in that season! LOL! In any case, I keep trying because eventually I want to do one when I don't feel like doing the rest and after a good workout at the gym. And you're right- it IS that in between stage. I hope to move on past that in the next 6 months!

swoodward wrote:well, you look amazing. Maybe your hair is in a mood? A couple inches % the W&G may be back in favor...
Hey Swoodward! Thanks. Amazing! I like it! I think my hair had been in a mood. Mad at all the humidity! I'll be getting a trim soon, and I'm hoping that helps but I think it's mostly been getting the right products to do it.

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Poetic...just rollin' through...saying "HEY"!

For your WnG...a suggestion: Do you have a good deep condish? That could possibly help with your results.

And I feel you TOTALLY about nothin' drooping but the hair! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Kopfschuettel LOL
Hey Ryl1- How are ya!?? I did finally do a real deep condish using aubrey organics and some oils. Left it on for a long time- over night! I should have baggied but I didn't. That said- my hair seemed to feel better after.

Serenity23 wrote:Your twistout looks great! I don't know about the wash n'go for me b/c it isn't predictable. I haven't gotten the technique down to where I can replicate it with no problem each time. Also sometimes when it dries pieces of my hair feel hard. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_sad
Hi Serenity!! Thanks for the twistout compliments. I work hard on that style! Wngs are not something I want to do all the time, just a couple days during the work week. I just want it to hold up AND be at least a little predictable! Doesn't seem a lot to ask but Thelma has come along kicking and screaming...

In any case gals- I did try again this week. Chrs made some good suggestions and I gave them a try. I washed my hair, used a leave-in condish, added oils and then a styler. The first day, I used too much styler and hair was extra crunchy but looked decent. Eh! It was ok. But I tried again this morning. Much better, softer and far less crunchy. This is still an experiment in progress but I'm going to journal the results and keep trying until I get what I want.

On a side note: I was talking with my husband last night who has also allowed his hair to grow, dipped into my products and marveling at his own curls. Many others are too... Anyway so, he knew I'd been struggling with my hair styles over the last week or so, going as far as to notice aloud himself... So I tried to update him last night and we had this conversation...
Me: So, I gave the wash and go another try today...
Him: Yeah, me too. I gave the wash and go a try and it turned out pretty successful. And look at this length (proceeds to pull up one of his curls out to about an inch + long, and I silently admired it...)
Me: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_eek (thinking- can I have NOTHING?? I thought this conversation, which is now over by the way- was about me?? LOL!)
The end. He is too much right now. I had no words or desire to continue. LOL!!

In any case, I styled my hair as such today

• Washed with SheaMoisture shampoo (the coconut hibiscus one)
  • Conditioned with HE Totally Twisted (the last of it), detangled, rinsed
  • Added my knot today concoction courtesy of Curls Galore by way of Kimmaytube
  • Added coconut curl smoothie by shea moisture and finally a little ecostyler for extra hold

And here are the results:

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Imag0110
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Empty No news is good news

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st July 2010, 1:53 pm

After experimenting again for several days with my wng techniques, I have returned to my twist outs. I have spent a great deal of time looking for my hair twin in hopes I could figure out that one "magic" trick. Realizing no 2 heads are just alike though, I know that could always be a challenge. That said- I did get my wngs to the point where I liked them by Wednesday. I discussed with my husband last night and he agreed that it was far better than the one fiasco of last week. I then told him about my post above and he cracked up laughing; especially when I showed him the emoticon. Very Happy. Hair is such a funny topic at our house. This morning he picked up the jar of SheaMoisture Mask (formerly known as mine) and asked if I'd used it. The answer was no, not in a LONG time. He uses it daily. It is now known as his. It's official- the journey is no longer just mine.

Anyway, I hope all of you ladies are having a great day. I'm looking forward to this long weekend. I have 4 days in a row and then off again mid-week which means a 2-day work week for me. Why can't all weeks be that way?!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st July 2010, 2:38 pm

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Lol @ hubby taking over the SheaMoisture products. That's cute.

This hair journey is such a day at a time thing, especially with washngo's. Nothing is predicatble, but also makes it fun. Hope you get the washngo down. I've stopped them for now and will focus on twisting since I pretty much know what to expect with the results if I'm consistent with what I'm doing.

Great pics by the way. I love how your hair falls with your t/o.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st July 2010, 2:40 pm

Honey you have been going thru it, but you got through! I know we are hardest on ourselves, you and your hair have always been beautiful! We go through phases and what our curls want or needs changes. I am happy at how you just kept at it until you figured it out. love it keep up the good work!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st July 2010, 3:00 pm

Hey Poeticly!

I thought yesterday's hair was cute! Its funny that we may have hair twins and people whose hair that looks similar to ours but the products they use and their hair regimen may not work for us. I agree with Sweet that we are our own biggest critics. Keep doing your thing!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st July 2010, 3:54 pm

He Poetic...

LOL@ your conversation with your hubby!! Kinda cute I think..he's taking over and having better wNg's. Not really....I think your wNg it too cute. We are so hard on ourself's...I know I am. I need to get back to work myself....

Later...
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st July 2010, 6:14 pm

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Lol @ your hubby and his wash n go. sound like my hubby (who is now bald) had the nerve to comment while i was 2 strand flat twisting my hair, HIM: ohhhhh so now you learn how to do cornrow styles. When I had hair you couldn't do mine? Me: Um really that was over 5 years ago there as no Youtube to show me how...get over it. Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes I told him he could try growing his hair out again. (mind you now his hair is thinning) so he asked about oils to get his hair growing. he has been working on it. but i think he is looking for a miracle gro products that doesn't take as long.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st July 2010, 6:34 pm

Hey Poetic...

The convo with the hubby was good! LOL I feel you in not being able to have NUTHIN' to yourself...SMH.

Hey, your WnG was nice...I'm telling you, as long as you didn't have a dried up, brillo thing upon your head (as I did a couple of weeks back) you were in the game! Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 13 Icon_wink
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 1st July 2010, 6:38 pm

Love your results from Wednesday's hair! Beautiful, chica!!! Love it!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next