CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by poeticlyspkng 27th May 2010, 5:54 pm

@KC- thanks dear. It's a bit inconsistent. I should have taken some aerial shots! I'm trying again tomorrow but probably going back to curls for the wash and go!

@Muz- thanks girl! I put some hair milk on it later and the crunchy feeling went away. Butter pecan ice cream sounds good! Where ya going?

@Ryl- I knew someone would know what I was talking about. Hope Nubie stops by and gets a laugh out of it! Smile You know you're the one who got me WANTING to do a wash and go, right?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by Muz 27th May 2010, 6:02 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:
@Muz- thanks girl! I put some hair milk on it later and the crunchy feeling went away. Butter pecan ice cream sounds good! Where ya going?

In my head. . . LOL and Sad
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th May 2010, 6:03 pm

LOL @ death to shrinkage! You look beautiful as usual!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 6:23 pm

Man, I hadnt been by your house in a minute. Love you twist out and your wash n go!!

I feel you on the shrinkage. Roxie aint having no parts in a wash n go because not only would she shrink up, she would be a tangled mess. I do want to try the "wash n go style" I plan to use/find a product that helps elongate the hair. I thought about using the eco-custard on dry hair. When I use it on wet hair, it shrinks something terrible. I dont think I would really mind the shrinkage if it didnt come with tangle, matted hair.

I wish you would have pulled out the "Nubie finger" That would have been too funny Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Icon_razz
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th May 2010, 7:51 pm

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Lol @ the Nubie finger...classic!

Your wng looked fantastic! And your make up was pretty too. Your curls were def doing their thing.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 27th May 2010, 9:55 pm

@Muz- in your head is probably better. I always over do it at ice cream shops but i LOVE to go!

Lynnie- thanks for coming over and thanks for the compliments! I was frustrated by the shrinkage toda but I'm giving it another go tomorrow! If it happens again, the nubie finger is coming out!

@DVA, thanks! I appreciate your compliments! I've decided to go learn some stuff from the make up thread soon. I'm coming over later!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 27th May 2010, 10:09 pm

Seriously, I had a convo with my friend on FB about how ice cream companies are in a plot to make all of us fat. LOL! Because you never realize just how many calories you've eaten when you chow down on that pint of ice cream. But like Kanye said "why's everything that's supposed to be bad make me feel so good?" Everyone feels better after eating ice cream Smile Have you been to Johnson's Ice Cream in Bexley? We used go there after church sometimes when I was younger, I always got a strawberry shake though. LOL!
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 27th May 2010, 10:30 pm

I have never been to Johnsons but I always hear good stuff. However there are a few other places down Main Street that I like to hit, like Graeters and Jenis.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 28th May 2010, 3:45 pm

@Sweet- just realized I didn't say thanks.

I tried the wash and go again today. I like it much better. It's curlier and less frizzy. Went back to my curls products for that. Seems to work better. I'l post pics later.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 28th May 2010, 6:21 pm

YAY!@ better WNG. *waiting for pics* bounce

So I just came into a little money so I think I want to try the Curls line. What did you get again? Did you get either of the cleansers? I think I want to find a good sulfate-free cleanser to add to my regimen so I'm not co-washing every week. Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th May 2010, 9:10 pm

Hey PS!!! Wishing a wonderful holiday weekend! I see you rocked a fab WnG!!! Get it girl!! It's cute! Loves it!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th May 2010, 10:19 am

Hey Poetic...

You rocked that wNg!!! I know what you mean about shrinkage...we must embrace the shrinkage....it's in control!! lol!

I saw in another post you plan to do mini twists this weekend...can't wait to see your results!!

Have a great weekend!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st June 2010, 11:42 am

Hey gals. So I didn't bother to do anything besides lurk over the weekend!

@Muz- from Curls I used creme brulee and goddess glaze. I haven't tried the shampoo or condish yet. Want to wait until I run out of my other stuff first.

@Curls Galore- thanks so much girl. I really wasn't feeling it so much. It came out better on Friday. I might post pics later. Hope you had a great weekend!

@KNH - I found out over the weekend that I DO NOT have the patience to do mini twists. So, my normal twist out. However, I did go into Aveda and did some twists with the aveda defining whip that Nikki has discussed and THOSE twists came out elongated and defined. I am going to TRY to avoid that store until I run out of everything else!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st June 2010, 12:04 pm

Aveda? ooooweee!!! Something else I gotta try. So is Aveda a store? Okay..so I looked this product up on the internet...I'm trying my best to get my PJ under control. I will NOT try this product. **telling myself this over, and over** Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Kopfschuettel LOL

I'm sure you hair is very pretty...I can't wait to see pictures!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st June 2010, 12:26 pm

LOL! Well, Nikki posted about it twice as she prepared for her baby shower. Go back and check... She gave it rave reviews and got several days hair out of it. Aveda is a store, but their products are sold at salons too. When I say that the 2 twists I put that on came out defined, I'm not kidding. I did it in the store because they don't give samples and I'm cheap. I don't want to buy it and return it. I want to buy it, like it, the end. Nikki said a little went a long way and I'm inclined to agree. The fewer products I have to use the better. I like the simplicity.

In any case, when I do my entire head with that stuff, I suspect it will be the twist out I dream about- minimal shrinkage and wavy- Thelma style! Don't buy/try it before me!!!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st June 2010, 12:59 pm

Hey PS!

Hope you had a great weekend! Please don't wakeup the PJ in me because I've been good lately as far as hair products Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Icon_lol . But I will be waiting on that review from either you or KNH!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st June 2010, 1:41 pm

Hope you had a great weekend. Just dropping by to eat all your food--I mean, say hello!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 1st June 2010, 5:54 pm

Hey Poeticly! I hope you are enjoying your Tuesday! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st June 2010, 6:13 pm

Hey KC- had a great weekend! My own pj is wide awake. Contemplating a stop at Aveda on my way home! Somebody stop me!

Hey Mika! hope you had your fill!

Hey Curly- good to see you out and about!

I went to lunch with my hubby today. I decided to take a pic of Thelma on the way. She's feeling full today, despite the frizz. Actually, I'm getting a little bored with my hair. I need to find some other styles for someone like me- with not short/not long hair. I might give the frohawk a try this week or maybe even a puff now that the henna made my gray fringe reddish orange. We shall see.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 June110

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 June1_10

Lunch!
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Sushi10
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 1st June 2010, 7:04 pm

oooh the hair (and sushi) looks good!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st June 2010, 9:36 pm

Guess who finally got her Butter Pecan ice cream? LOL! Kroger has their ice cream on sale for $1.99 for I think a quart. SO I also got my mom some Strawberry. Also, I went to Target today, but as I am on a SERIOUS budget I didn't get anything from the curls line, I did get a couple of Shea Moisture things that I really hope I like because they were $10 each, plus they smell sooooooooooooooo good, I wanted to eat that hair masque after I smelled it. LOL!

Thelma looks beautiful, even with a little frizz. A little frizz never hurt anybody Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st June 2010, 9:42 pm

Thelma looks lovely! Really lush and full!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd June 2010, 1:41 pm

CCC - Thanks AND that sushi was awesome! My camera phone took a beautiful picture!

Muz- girl... I went to Jenis after sushi yesterday and had some almond brittle. It's expensive but I just CAN'T have ice cream in the house! It can only happen on one day and I have to leave it there or I O.I.C. -- over ice cream... Smile You already know I love SheaMoisture. Which ones did you get? The curl smoothie? Honestly, yesterdays hair was day 2 I think with the curl smoothie. The Asian waitress at Moshi asked if we had candy and my husband was like- it's her hair. LOL! I love that corner of Bexley!

KC- thanks much ma'am! How YOU doin?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Empty Aveda Defining Whip REVIEW

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd June 2010, 4:37 pm

Ok bellas! I gave in to my pj yesterday. After stalking the Aveda store consultant 3 times over the last 5 days I returned yesterday with a plan to walk out with it. Nikki gave it rave reviews prior to her baby shower and I loved the results. And it fits right in with my plans to NOT order online and pay shipping for products. Shipping is such a rip off to me, plus I'm kind of cheap... LOL! But I digress. So, I the "consultant" was trying to lecture me on best products to purchase and insisted I could not use the defining whip as a styler on wet hair. I told her that I had an online "friend" who in fact used it that way and it worked for her just fine and bid her adieu. I worked out really hard yesterday so I had to wash my hair and of course I HAD to use my new find. I actually DC'd before I went and ran stairs so I washed it out when I came home. I left in Yes to Cucumbers. Afterward, I twisted it up as usual but applied the defining whip to each twist and shea butter to the ends. I could tell that it would be a good turn out because my twists didn't shrink up as much as usual. Since they didn't, I also didn't use clips to weigh down the front as I normally do. So I woke up this morning, quite excited to see the results and I was NOT disappointed! This is my best result to date with a product. Why? Because (1) I didn't have to use clips to get some hang time up front (2) the elongation I got with day 1 is what I usually get from retwisting! and (3) my hair is defined, soft and the only frizz came because I couldn't keep my hands out of it! So, this product will likely end my search. My next quest is to see how long I can keep it in because at $18, it can get expensive. I'll use it mostly when I need my hair to last a few days. But I'm thinking that when I know I'm going to work out, I'll use something cheaper like my curls or my sheamoisture curl smoothie which I don't mind washing back out. Still love that stuff too. Anyway, here are the results... Loving it!

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Aveda210

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Aveda310

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Aveda10

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Aveda510

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 8 Aveda610
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd June 2010, 8:08 pm

Now that is amazing!!! I really like your results!!! So are you going to add product when you retwist tonight? Just curious!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next