CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

+55
prodigy75
Kemali727
beautynthadark
oneyoyo
khaymie78
Smiilez03
KinkyDO21
tammymojo
Nigeriancurls
embracingmycurls
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
happynappy
Alanija
blkhoneyb
Cecewms84
ChardaeD
smaddox
Ambitious_Tiff
tblades12
CSI
natural_virgo
Ravie11
Frononymous
Umph
neu-lynatural
Mzbush
CurlyLeA
DannyCurl
nebula
EruditeBodhi
SasahT
CurlyMo
elleeccentric
CrissyQ
DreamMerchant
BeautifulMe80
hairapy
Blackanese
teinaknowles
Just Me
missartistic
marhia
PetiteBebe
Dorian
Lady Gee
NickyMay
tiffyd
natural83
Jonezy
xtremelyperfect
natural_nance
LuvMeLuvMyFro
tressedforsuccess
tiashaunteƩ
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls
59 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 6 Empty Re: Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

Post by happynappy 13th January 2011, 7:50 pm

Thinking back! I used MN with some EVOO and I had a growth spurt until I stopped using. I used it for a month and I had a MEGA afro by December of '09. My hair hasn't grown that much since, but I do remember the headaches. The headaches did eventually stopped. I'm going back! Wish me Luck!!! bounce
happynappy
happynappy

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 6 Empty Re: Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

Post by Alanija 13th January 2011, 9:33 pm

Good Luck HappyNappy!! I've been applying it every day this week and my head is itching a lot since yesterday, and no headaches.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 13th January 2011, 9:40 pm

Hello CSI. I have my hair in cornrows that I do myself so believe me the edges are not tight. I braid my hair going down around the whole head, not from front to back. I decided to use the 2% tube that came with my pkg mixed with TW's The Strengthener and BM's Sulfur mix. I have to use those products somehow. I follow up the MN mixture with Qhemet's AOHC because I'm afraid of the mixture drying my hair out. I have been experiencing itching since yesterday, but no headaches. Thanks for your input.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 14th January 2011, 12:38 pm

Alanija: itching is good girl!!!! You're going to have a growth spurt.
I just measured my hair again and have to retract a little. I wasn't home when I last measured it and noticed that I didn't have 1" growth last month but 3/4". I figured out why though. I started using a different tube of MN that only let out a little stream of the cream. After diluting it with water, I think I lost most of its potency. I now just put it on directly to my scalp w/o anything else. My hair is at 7" all over except a little part in the back back that's a little over 6 1/2". I should get my 1/2" growth every 2 weeks again now that I'm putting it directly. the first tube I used was huge and let out a lot so Ithink that's why it worked really good. It was Daktarin brand from England too. I'm now using the Equate Brand from walmart that someone sent me. I'll keep informing my growth.
But itching is good.....that's when it's really growing... Smile measure in 2 weeks and you'll see a difference Smile

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 14th January 2011, 1:32 pm

Where could some1 buy this product from?????
Might give it a try....
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by happynappy 14th January 2011, 1:54 pm

@ NaturalGreenEyedDiva,

You can buy Monistat (That's what I used) I know this sounds crazy but, it worked for me. MN is in Monistat or any WalMalrt brand. I guess I just stopped and never gave it any more thought. I'm going back.
happynappy
happynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by embracingmycurls 14th January 2011, 3:24 pm

I read about this also on: http://blogs.hairboutique.com/index.php/2009/01/01/monistat-miconazole-nitrate-for-hair-growth/
It really creeped me out to read about her experience. Shocked
embracingmycurls
embracingmycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 14th January 2011, 7:46 pm

CSI if I get some growth that'll be great because my edges really need it. I'll have to buy some more 2% because the applicator tubes are 4% and I don't want to use that strength. I'd rather stick to the 2%.

Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigeriancurls 16th January 2011, 1:16 am

Hello Ladies,
I just started using MN this past Monday after stumbling on this tread. I did get the tingling and the itching but I am wondering how long do you leave it on your hair? do you wash your hair regularly or do you go long before washing? I am excited to see how this turns out. I am using the 2% that came with my 4% box, first. I mixed mine with WGO. Thanks for sharing your experiences. :-)

Last edited by Nigeriancurls on 16th January 2011, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nigeriancurls
Nigeriancurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 16th January 2011, 2:03 am

Hi Nigeriancurls! I just finished washing my hair today after having the MN in for the week. I did my reg. wash/dc routine, rebraided my hair and applied the MN mixture followed with a moisturizer. I'll be wearing a wig for the week, applying the MN every other, if not every, day. I've been using the 2% that came with my pkg as well but it will not last me the week. I'm going to use the 4% tubes but use more of the concoction to mix with it, than I did with the 2%.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigeriancurls 16th January 2011, 3:23 pm

Hi Alanija,

I also noticed that the small 2% would not last long for me too. I thought I was over doing it. lol. We here's to growing our hair.
Nigeriancurls
Nigeriancurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tammymojo 16th January 2011, 11:48 pm

You all have inspired me to try MN! I'm going to head to the store first thing in the morning. I'll keep you posted!
tammymojo
tammymojo

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 17th January 2011, 10:58 pm

I keep it on until the next time I wash my hair. I usually do wash and go's that last me about 4 days. I apply directly to my scalp about every day if not every other day. In a week's time, I'd say I apply it about 5 x's in the week. I wash my hair like twice a week. I make parts down my hair from front to back and then apply. I make about 7 parts going back and then I put in on the edges in front and back and then I massage it really good. I only use the 2% because that's what I've found and it's working great. You can buy it at Walmart, Walgreen's, even the 99cents store Smile Make sure that what you buy is the Miconazole Nitrate and not anything else. I've heard of bad stories when others have tried to substitute it. Otherwise....good hair growth to ya!!! Smile I was skeptical at first but after looking deeper into it, I couldn't see why not....and I'm so glad I did. If I didn't I'd only have half the hair growth I have now. Multiply that in a year and instead of 6" of growth that's 12"......that was enough proof for me Smile I plan to use it for 6 months and then lay off for a month or two and then start back again...

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyDO21 18th January 2011, 1:57 am

Wow I'm really considering trying this.......
I haven't seen much change in my hair growth for about 2 months now, and I'm hope when I take my current protective style out, I'll see somewhat of a difference. But I'm hoping to have my hair at shoulder length by summer, and right now, it's maybe right at my mid-neck (ish) section.
I have mainly 4a hair, with bits of pieces of every curl type. Thick, brownish, redish hair (think henna) and no damaged ends......What do you guys think?!!? Smile
KinkyDO21
KinkyDO21

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiilez03 19th January 2011, 2:37 pm

hmm i may want to try this but I'm a little nervous about the headaches thing; i don't really handle pain that well
Smiilez03
Smiilez03

Back to top Go down

Post by khaymie78 20th January 2011, 12:27 am

Wow!! This thread has me really excited about trying this. I am going out tomorrow to buy some MN and will post pics in a month!! I am going to continue to watch this topic!
khaymie78
khaymie78

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 6 Empty Miconazole-nitrate

Post by oneyoyo 20th January 2011, 3:21 am

After reading the threads about this I really want to try this!!! I use to have beautiful hair and now I suffer from really bad bald spots. Is there anyone out there that has tried this on bald spots and has had some success?

oneyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by beautynthadark 5th February 2011, 3:22 pm

i need to buy a ruler bc i do believe that i see some growth here...bbl woot!
beautynthadark
beautynthadark

https://www.youtube.com/beautynthadark

Back to top Go down

Post by beautynthadark 9th February 2011, 6:02 pm

okay i keep forgetting 2 get the ruler... Embarassed but i mos def see about half an inch of growth... dance
beautynthadark
beautynthadark

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemali727 10th February 2011, 1:23 am

Hmm. I would have to see if I want to try it. But it does have impressive results. Gotta keep my eye on this trend.
Kemali727
Kemali727

Back to top Go down

Post by tammymojo 10th February 2011, 11:58 am

I've been using MN 2% for about 2 1/2 weeks now and my hair is growing! I have not measured the growth with a ruler but I can definitely see the results. On top of that my hair is getting thick (which I like). I bought the MN from CVS. The tube is larger so it lasts a little bit longer. I'm gonna stick with it!
tammymojo
tammymojo

Back to top Go down

Post by beautynthadark 10th February 2011, 6:20 pm

tammymojo wrote:I've been using MN 2% for about 2 1/2 weeks now and my hair is growing! I have not measured the growth with a ruler but I can definitely see the results. On top of that my hair is getting thick (which I like). I bought the MN from CVS. The tube is larger so it lasts a little bit longer. I'm gonna stick with it!

r u using it str8 outta the tube or are u mixing it with something?
i wanna try it out the tube after i finish up the mixed concoction i have made
What a Face
beautynthadark
beautynthadark

Back to top Go down

Post by oneyoyo 13th February 2011, 2:30 am

Thank you for your replies....I think I am going to go out tomorrow and buy some and give it a try.
Has anyone ever tried Myah butter? I saw her you tube videos and she had really good hair growth. I was thinking about trying both...

oneyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyCurl 16th February 2011, 3:06 pm

There were a bunch of ladies who said they were going to give MN a try. Of those who said that, have any of you done so with results? Just curious. [b]
DannyCurl
DannyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by prodigy75 18th February 2011, 12:32 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but I've been using MN straight for only a week, and I've noticed a quarter inch of growth. I didn't use a ruler, However, I henna'd my hair last Friday, and I have one lone gray strand in the front that turns bright coppery red...I noticed that the red hair has a quarter inch of gray new growth. I kept checking to be sure, because I figured there was no way my hair had grown that fast in a week, but it was true.

I haven't noticed any side effects whatsoever, and I haven't even experienced any significant itching, as some have said. My hair had not been retaining length for a while, so I figured I'd try something new. To note, I also get plenty of exercise and have a healthy diet and drink a moderate amount of water. My hair may have been growing, but I wasn't retaining length because I allowed it to free form for months. I can't find my camera so I won't have before pics but I will wait until March 15 to see if there is significant growth.

Last edited by prodigy75 on 18th February 2011, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

prodigy75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next