CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

+55
prodigy75
Kemali727
beautynthadark
oneyoyo
khaymie78
Smiilez03
KinkyDO21
tammymojo
Nigeriancurls
embracingmycurls
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
happynappy
Alanija
blkhoneyb
Cecewms84
ChardaeD
smaddox
Ambitious_Tiff
tblades12
CSI
natural_virgo
Ravie11
Frononymous
Umph
neu-lynatural
Mzbush
CurlyLeA
DannyCurl
nebula
EruditeBodhi
SasahT
CurlyMo
elleeccentric
CrissyQ
DreamMerchant
BeautifulMe80
hairapy
Blackanese
teinaknowles
Just Me
missartistic
marhia
PetiteBebe
Dorian
Lady Gee
NickyMay
tiffyd
natural83
Jonezy
xtremelyperfect
natural_nance
LuvMeLuvMyFro
tressedforsuccess
tiashaunteƩ
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls
59 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 5 Empty Re: Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

Post by CSI 15th November 2010, 6:08 am

I started to use the 2% Miconazole Nitrate on November 2nd. On November 13th I measured my hair out of pure curiosity and bam!!! 1/2" of growth. I'm so excited I can't stand it. That's a month's growth in 11 days!!! what?!? I wish I would've known about this from the beginning of my big chop! lol ha ha ha...I will start taking biotin pills, one a day as well to accelerate growth. On the LHCF some do the MN and the Biotin and are accomplishing 2" of growth a month. I found a girl on YouTube and I follow her idea of squirting about an inch strip of MN into a small bottle w/nozzle. I then add about 2 tbls of water (like 3/4" of water at bottom of bottle) and part my hair and apply to scalp in strips from front to back. I then massage the scalp. the girl on the video uses warm water but I don't I just use the tap water and shake, shake, shake. it dilutes immediately. I like this better than oil since I do wash and gos mostly. I wash my hair once a week, sometimes twice. I spritz my hair every morning with a concoction of water and conditioner. As for the question of your hair falling out once you stop usage.... Of course not. For bald men, when they stop using Rogaine their hair goes back to where it started. as for us, it will go back to where it started which is still great, healthy hair so no problems there. It'll just go back to 1/2" growth. I'm trying to get 1 month use out of a tube. so far so good. I think by squirting out an inch strip once a day, I'm going to make it. Loving it!!!!

CSI

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 5 Empty Re: Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

Post by CSI 15th November 2010, 6:17 am

One more thing. I haven't experienced any side effects at all. The first day i felt tingling and a very slight headache. Don't know if it was "all in my head" but after that first day, absolutely nothing at all. I get some random itching but nothing to write about. I didn't think it was working because I don't feel anything but in the shower I could tell that my hair is thicker and long enough for a ponytail now!!! woohoo!!! Well, the front needs a little headband to hold it back but I can get away with it which makes me happy because I can get some lazy hair days in with my little ponytail Smile

CSI

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 5 Empty Monistat

Post by tblades12 15th November 2010, 11:30 pm

I started using the mn about a week ago. I really can't tell much about growth because I'm in dire need of a retouch. I've read that I should not use it a week before and after retouch but I'm looking forward to truly finding out once I get the retouch.

tblades12

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 16th November 2010, 6:45 am

I didn't want to measure too soon and I didn't think it was growing but out of curiosity I did on the 11th day and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know how the retouch will affect it. Are you talking about retouch of color or a relaxer?

CSI

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 5 Empty Retouch

Post by tblades12 16th November 2010, 1:23 pm

I am getting a relaxer retouch and I need it soooo bad. My hair is shedding like crazy and that usually happens when I go for a while. I usually get a retouch every 5-6 weeks, because any longer then my hair really starts shedding. It's been almost 8 weeks and not that I'm using the MN I don't really know if it's added to my new growth but I think so (hopeful thinking). I'm going to use my gray hair as a barometer because I gray a lot in the crown, so I'll skip coloring the top just so that I can measure the growth. I'm mixing mine in a squirt bottle with hair oil. I try to apply every 2-3 days and massage it in.

tblades12

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 17th November 2010, 1:24 am

I've seen the girls on LHCF (long hair care forum) say that they had to stop using MN because they were needing a touch up every 4 weeks because their hair was growing so fast. That's a nice problem Smile lol

CSI

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 5 Empty Hot head...

Post by tblades12 17th November 2010, 5:20 pm

I have noticed a tingling/slight heated sensation on my scalp. My scalp also feels warmer than normal and I hope that's a sign that the blood is flowing and my hair is starting to grow. I washed my hair today to remove any residue from the mn before I get my retouch this weekend. The last thing I need is to put a relaxer on my hair and then immediately have to rinse it because my scalp is so sensitive and feels like it's on fire.

tblades12

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 19th November 2010, 12:45 am

Yeah, that's a good idea. Mine does the same thing. I know it's growing when I feel that Smile or at least I hope so. lol can't wait to measure in two more weeks to see my total growth in a month.

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd December 2010, 8:14 pm

Wow I have never heard of this... Tiffy D, How much of it did you use? Was there like a specific ratio of hair creme to miconazole?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by tblades12 12th December 2010, 3:29 am

I'm still experimenting with the ratio. My first time using it, I had about 2/3 monistat and 1/3 hair oil and I felt the tingling and I had a boost in growth in the 1st week. The next time I used half and half and used the walmart brand but I did not get that tingling feeling nor did I notice any additional growth or so it seemed but I only used it twice a week. Someone suggested to use water as a mixer to then...but I think I'll thin it with leave in treatment and go back to using the 2/3 miconazale every 2-3 days. I'll post in 2 weeks with my results.

tblades12

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 14th December 2010, 12:04 am

I'm writing to update everyone on my MN usage. I make 6 weeks of using it as of tomorrow and I have 1 1/2" of hair growth in that amount of time. that's pretty amazing for me. I only get 1/2" a month and I'm now getting 1/2" every 2 weeks. I've stated taking the biotin pills about 10 days ago. Don't know if that will give me more growth but I'm ecstatic with what I'm getting. that means that I'll have 1 year's worth of growth in 6 months. that's alright with me Smile

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by smaddox 14th December 2010, 12:42 am

Would you mind sharing how much of the tube you mix with oils? Do you use essential oils as well? My sister is using concotion that includes sulfur 8, Dr. Bronner's moisturizer and some other oils and essential oils? Is your's similar?
smaddox
smaddox

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 14th December 2010, 12:44 am

if you look at the top of this page I explain how I use it. I mix about and inch strip with water everyday and put it in my scalp and massage. the same tube has lasted me 6 weeks like that. I mostly do wash n go's so I this works for me.

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by ChardaeD 14th December 2010, 2:57 am

I would never think to put Monistat in my hair..but you all have convinced me to try it. Heading to Target tomorrow to pick up a tube. And I'm definitely going to up my water intake.
ChardaeD
ChardaeD

http://girlnotondeadline.blgospot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 14th December 2010, 3:52 am

Hey CSI! Glad it working out. Thanks for sharing your method. Can you post some before and after pics?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecewms84 21st December 2010, 4:15 pm

this is pretty interesting.
Cecewms84
Cecewms84

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 3rd January 2011, 7:28 pm

Okay. I'm checking back in. It's been another 2 weeks and another 1/2" of growth. Believe it or not. My hair was on my shoulder just a minute ago and now it's on my collar bone.... no joke. I have 7" of hair now. I started with 5" 2 months ago on Nov 2nd, 2010. I will continue to use it along with my Biotin vitamins. Loving the results and no side effects. Smile will check back in within 2 weeks to see if the growth continues. The first tube lasted me 6 weeks. The tube I'm using now is smaller but it should last me the month. I use about a 1" strip daily for about 5 days out of 7.

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by tblades12 7th January 2011, 1:41 am

Just checking in. I stopped using the monistat because of the way it made my hair feel. It interfered with the styling of my hair. I "think" I experienced growth in the 1st 2 weeks but then I got lazy and tired of having to apply it to my scalp. I may start the regimen again after I get a style that will allow me to manipulate the hair. Trying to wrap my hair with the cream did not work.

tblades12

Back to top Go down

Post by blkhoneyb 9th January 2011, 1:42 pm

Hello ladies..am new on this site but not new to "experimenting" lol...I had to register so that I may add my results to the list, I have been doing this regimen for over 3 months now and have had amazing results! Very Happy I stopped processing my hair for over 2 years now and wanted to speed up the growth, started using generic monistat (walmart brand)...undiluted!!!my hair is now to my collarbone! growing like mad and extremely thick...I wear wigs b/c i want to concentrate on the hair growth process only and need the protection of wigs...one drawback to the regimen is that it made my hair a little dry but that was remedied by mosturizer..using amla mixed with castor oil (thickness builder), water and glycerin..my hair loves this mixture..also take supplement MSM which is for joints so thats an added advantage..I would say that you need to experiment a little to find out what works for your hair...starting out my hair was extremely fine and thin but now it is thick, shiny, and growing so looooong! I am loving it and so is my hair!!!

blkhoneyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 10th January 2011, 11:00 am

I'm going to pick up some MN today and try this for my edges. Been experiencing some thinning and the jbco, and wgo didn't do anything to help with filling in my edges. I'm hoping this will work. I will be using it on my edges only, keeping my hair in braids under a wig.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by blkhoneyb 10th January 2011, 12:51 pm

Hey Alanija..if you just want to work on your edges only then try using castor oil....this is an excellent alternative and it does work Very Happy A woman I know that went through chemo, lost her hair and was able to grow it back just using castor oil...I had thining hair on top and front of my head from braids and started using castor oil there and on my eyebrows and it grew back thick..it has a heavy consistency to it so for me I would use an eye dropper and was able to target specific areas...so get to it and happy growing!!!

blkhoneyb

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 10th January 2011, 11:30 pm

blkhoneyb I'm so happy for you. that's great growth. I was wondering if I could take the MSM at the same time. I'm taking Biotin Vitamins too. Please keep us posted as to your progress. I'm just so happy with mine. Wish I would've started using it when I first BC'd Smile

Alanija: I've heard some using the MN for the edges and they say it's worked wonders for them. I know it has for me. My edges were so badly damaged when I was relaxing my hair and now I'm no longer embarrassed by them Smile

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanija 11th January 2011, 12:02 am

Hello blkhoneyb and CSI. I was using Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) for my edges since this past June and have not experienced any filling in. I actually use it every other day on my edges and I use it on my scalp after I wash and put in a new set of braids. I've tried biotin but I think I didn't drink enough water because it broke my face out. My nails grew like crazy but I didn't see any hair growth with that either. So I bought the walmart brand of MN which has 4% in it, and I will try tonight with some coconut oil and pray that this works without any weird side effects or bad headaches.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 13th January 2011, 4:16 pm

Alanija: I've heard of headache issues with the 4% MN. I use the 2% and I put it straight on my edges w/o diluting it with water or any oils. I haven't experienced headaches with the 2% only itching at first. I like the itch because after that I have a growth spurt Smile Hope it works for you.

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 13th January 2011, 4:17 pm

One more thing Alanija: I don't know if the weight of the braids may be working against you at the temples. Sometimes that causes the edges to break.

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next