CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castor Oil Challenge

+51
blackricangirl
Umph
Curlock Holmes
KeAnia
krissyc39
Ashima
CurlyChefRobin
KnottyKinkyMommy
ragavan
naturalgirl
kdenise
curlynattie10
SweetRitzy
Talisa3636
new2curl
agore07
RookieSeabrooks
CrissyQ
LaToya28
MellowOne
bklynmama1
LadyMika
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls
transitioning?
deliane
CurlsGalore
NickyMay
NaturallyJustMe
TaSiaJaY
vivacious00
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
CreoleLady88
caramelnapps
akaprincess00
Muz
Intelligentbeauty
Curlz of Luv
TMS
Offandrunning
adiaha
neethair
4bKinky
Tamren
natural83
Leila
mojitochica
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteé
55 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Castor Oil Challenge - Page 6 Empty Re: Castor Oil Challenge

Post by curlynattie10 3rd July 2010, 5:50 pm

Today is officially the last day of my castor oil challenge! My hair is definitely thicker and my hair has grown in a lot. Here is today's pic of the back of my head.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here it is after haircut - 6/10

Here it is on 5/28

Definitely castor oil is a keeper and I am using it on the regular as a deep conditioner!

Last edited by curlynattie10 on 3rd July 2010, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : remove links from post)
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 6th July 2010, 5:38 pm

Wow Curly Nattie, your results are amazing. Thank you so much for getting back to me. Tonight I am going use castor oil in my deep conditioning treatment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 8th August 2010, 1:08 am

@ curlienattie10 Your growth is incredible! I recently bought a bottle of castor oil (to do the OCM) but I think I need a bigger one because I want to join this challenge!!

Is it too late??
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 8th August 2010, 1:29 am

I want to do this but I am not sure how you all are completing the challenge. I cut my hair about 6 weeks ago so I am new to alot of the lingo and the challenges. I want to try this on my hair as well as my daughters but I need to know exactly what I am doing. Do I just condtion the scalp with the castor oil, how often to I have to wash or co-wash with the castor oil, will it leave my hair feeling heavy or greasy, and can I continue to use my regular products. Also how often should I put it in my daughters (4) hair?
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 10th August 2010, 10:57 pm

ooh, I totally want to join in!

To get us started:
What is your participation time frame: Indefinitely, castor oil is a staple on my hair!
What brand you will be using: Home Health
How will you or will you mix: Won't be mixing with anything
When and how will you apply: I will apply it to my hair every day after re-moisturizing, and will use it in hot oils (mixed with olive oil) and as a sealant for my hair.
What is your overall goal for this challenge: To thicken my hair, to keep it soft and moisturized, and hopefully to thicken up my edges.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 12th August 2010, 1:09 am

What is your participation time frame: until I'm completely natural (1-2 years)
What brand you will be using: Top Care Castor oil
How will you or will you mix: if I do mix it would be with olive and coconut oil
When and how will you apply: daily apply to my scalp, edges, eyebrows and eyelashes
What is your overall goal for this challenge: I want to regrow the hair I lost from a horrible braiding accident years ago (thickness not length)
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 13th August 2010, 11:34 pm

I am going to start the castor oil challenge tomorrow on my hair and my daughter's hair on tomorrow.

What is your participation time frame: 3 months to start
What will you mix with: I am goign to try to use just castor oil for a month then I may mix with Olive oil.
When and how will you apply: I plan on applying 3 times a week to my scalp, edges, eyebrows, and eyelashes. For my daughter I will only apply to her scalp and edges.
What is your overall goal for this challenge: I want to thicken and grow length.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 16th August 2010, 5:47 pm

What is your participation time frame: 3 months/July 16 thru Oct 16
What brand you will be using: Generic Rite Aid brand
How will you or will you mix: with Styling gel of choice
When and how will you apply: Gel mixture all over hair to make curls pop and make hair soft and CO directly to scalp for moisturizing
What is your overall goal for this challenge: hair thickness and softness
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by blackricangirl 16th August 2010, 10:18 pm

I'm currently doing the Crown and Glory Hair Challenge but I would love to start the Castor Challenge when that one is over. Is it too late? I've been using CO and EVOO already to oil my scalp while I'm wearing the braids and I have seen amazing growth.
blackricangirl
blackricangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 21st August 2010, 5:41 pm

Ashima & Krissy,

Thanks for the comments! The castor oil is really a difference and my hair is thicker.

Keania, to each is own, use castor oil, however you like. way you are using it sounds great. I like it as a part of deep conditioning, but I did use it more often when I wear headbands because I want to protect my hairline.
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 6th September 2010, 2:13 am

Hey, how's the challenge going for everyone??

I had to change a lot of things in my challenge since going to college, mainly the time frame and my application routine.

What is your participation time frame: 6-8 months (until I BC)
What brand you will be using: Jamaican black castor oil
How will you or will you mix: if I do mix it would be with olive and coconut oil
When and how will you apply: daily apply to my eyebrows and eyelashes; 2-3 week apply to edges and scalp
What is your overall goal for this challenge: thicker hair!!! I want to be able to break combs again lol
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 7th September 2010, 4:29 pm

What is your participation time frame: 3 months/July 16 thru Oct 16
What brand you will be using: Generic Rite Aid brand
How will you or will you mix: WATER BOTTLE MOISTUIRIZER MIXTURE: CO, WATER, V05 COND
When and how will you apply: IN CURLY PUDDING MIXTURE AND directly to scalp for moisturizing
What is your overall goal for this challenge: hair thickness and softness
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th September 2010, 5:40 pm

The weather is dropping so I am thinking about starting the castor oil challenge back up again. I was going to invest in some JBCO until I started doing some research. I read a few times that JBCO is regular castor oil with water boiled in. I am still researching to see if there is a method to the JBCO creation.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 28th November 2010, 2:52 pm

am thinking about joining....but the again i am in two challenges till feb/march lol. let me know when u will be re-starting the challenge.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 30th November 2010, 3:21 pm

I'M IN!!! Smile
My mom swears by that stuff!!! She used to (and actually still does) always tell me how she used castor oil on mine and my sister's hair when we were little... My hair was elbow length as a child so maybe there is some true greatness in that stuff!!!

@ Tia, When will you be starting it up?? This can actually help me with the "3 inches or more in 6 months" challenge.

And the link is still active that you posted in the first challenge. http://www.blackhairplanet.com/blog/bhp-castor-oil-challenge/ I am excited about this one!!! Thanks Tia!! Smile Thick/long hair here I come!!! dance

afro woot!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th November 2010, 4:20 pm

Hey all, pls check out page one. This challenge was back in Feb 2010. Anyone can feel free to start it back up.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd January 2011, 8:59 pm

Any of you ladies still using Castor Oil. I am currently in a nw castor oil challenge and wanted to know if you are still using it and your results? I like so far, it's only been close to a month, but I do notice thickness and growth. Thanks....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly 8th January 2011, 4:41 am

tiashaunteé wrote:The weather is dropping so I am thinking about starting the castor oil challenge back up again. I was going to invest in some JBCO until I started doing some research. I read a few times that JBCO is regular castor oil with water boiled in. I am still researching to see if there is a method to the JBCO creation.

Hi Tiashauntee I have a question or two what is the difference between jamaican black castor oil and pure castor oil, also is pure castor oil the same as regular castor oil. I have pure castor oil that I bought from Indian store and she swears by it from her youth. It's working for me and I googled both types but everything kept saying regular castor oil and that jamaican black castor oil was pure castor oil so I am completely confused. Also they say the cold-pressed castor oil is pure but I thought I read that jamaican black castor oil was not cold pressed. Can you share with those of us who are confused what you found out in your research?

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6