CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

+54
NaturallyStarlet
makeupvixen
snappynappy
KiNkYnEsT
BreezyBaby
quincie1479
dalas1216
Fabulously Fluffy
NewRibena
NickkiBCurly
wavezncurlz
BajanPrincess82
Sunni J
veggiegirl314
rebelrocks
KreyolKatt
Notthecoolmom
Iomer
tamtam7
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
alove16
NubieNatty
truet
FierceNerd
loveself247
LuvMeLuvMyFro
D-Lish
splitsun
bella gee
cinnamoncurlz
d.denise
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteƩ
CurlySpeechTherapist
Pi*Jay
SheeTacular
Lioness_Mane
Courtie
Succinctlyso
CocaColaCutie
Mzbush
hayylee
NaturalNixon
*CurlyNikki*
oooop2
CurlyDoesIt...
krenea
natural83
Jonezy
Marche'
cutencurly
dajewel
Dricka
58 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now Empty Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

Post by Dricka 4th November 2009, 12:18 am

I thought this would be a fun post, to talk about all the products that you used to use or your parents used to use in your hair that you will not even look at when in the store or shopping online.
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now Empty Re: Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

Post by Dricka 4th November 2009, 12:23 am

DAX pressing oil and Blue Magic (the green kind)

I remember leaving the shop when I was younger and having my god sisters say, "You been to lickity split!" because of the pounds and pounds of grease that my aunt put in my hair at the shop. My hair was always straight but WOOOOOOO it was greasy (and so was my forehead). I mean sometimes I could leave a grease spot on a pillow if I did not tie my hair up at night. At times I didn't even worry about my hair getting wet in the rain because I knew it was waterproof from all the grease!
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now Empty Re: Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

Post by dajewel 4th November 2009, 12:23 am

pink lotion!!!! nooooooo!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by cutencurly 4th November 2009, 12:38 am

I'm trying to remember what the grease my momma used was called...royal crown maybe? Little red canister. Sound familiar to anybody?
cutencurly
cutencurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 4th November 2009, 12:41 am

Spritz. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 4th November 2009, 1:11 am

lol ya'll said mine already, blue magic and pink lotion!

You could smell somebody with pink lotion in their hair from several feet away. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 4th November 2009, 3:14 am

Dricka wrote:DAX pressing oil and Blue Magic (the green kind)

I remember leaving the shop when I was younger and having my god sisters say, "You been to lickity split!" because of the pounds and pounds of grease that my aunt put in my hair at the shop. My hair was always straight but WOOOOOOO it was greasy (and so was my forehead). I mean sometimes I could leave a grease spot on a pillow if I did not tie my hair up at night. At times I didn't even worry about my hair getting wet in the rain because I knew it was waterproof from all the grease!

ROTFLMAOOOOO! You are sooo crazy girl, but man, you are telling the truth! That damn Blue Magic was probably in every lil black girls cabinet that was getting their hair pressed! Ohhh man, this is too funny! Especially the part about the grease spot on the pillow and the greasy forehead! LMAOOOOOO! That was me all the way...I already have a big forehead, and that grease just gave my older cousin another reason to joan the hell outta me! Hahahahaha! That damn Blue Magic! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 4th November 2009, 3:51 am

Sulfur 8! Run for your life, here she comes! Blue Magic...I'm telling my age now! LOL!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyDoesIt... 4th November 2009, 4:48 am

Ampro (brown) gel...AND ALL PANTENE PRODUCTS FOR US!!!!
CurlyDoesIt...
CurlyDoesIt...

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 4th November 2009, 10:45 am

Pink Oil Moisturizer. Oh RubyD, my husband wants to know what about Pantene you don't like? He has a vested interest...LOL
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyDoesIt... 4th November 2009, 11:01 am

My personal experience with those products left my hair dry and brittle...I have not used them since they have supposedly changed their ingredients to be more black hair friendly, but I have found other products that leave my hair feeling moisturized and soft--Hope that helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyDoesIt...
CurlyDoesIt...

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 4th November 2009, 11:16 am

Isoplus anything!
Spritz
hair spray
brown gel
hair grease

although my hair was super long when my mom was combing it dry and applying isoplus grease, lol. Maybe there's something to that!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 4th November 2009, 11:20 am

Lol@ dricka! I feel you... Granny used to get my hair bone straight, but it was ridiculously greasy!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 4th November 2009, 12:59 pm

Pump it up..it made the best ribbon curls and held like nobody business!! LOL
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 4th November 2009, 2:50 pm

We didnt use Blue Magic in my house, we used Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
Sad thing about blue Magic, one of my friends (who gets relaxers) was flat ironing her hair about 2 weeks ago and used Blue Magic. I could smell it from feet away...took me back to how my cousin's hair use to smell when we were 5!
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 4th November 2009, 3:10 pm

My Mom used to put Dippity-Do on my braids. They'd be long and sturdy as hell. Washing that mess out was torture!
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th November 2009, 3:22 pm

definitely the DAX and pink oil lotion! oh and don't get me started on that pump it up! it was the bomb on spiral curls.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 4th November 2009, 3:33 pm

JAM Stong Hold, IC Liquid Mousse, Pink Lotion, Olive Oil Hair products, Pro-Style Gel (<-- OLD SCHOOL)...
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 4th November 2009, 3:36 pm

I just came in here to shudder at the amount of Pink Light I used to slather on my hair.
That, Let's JAM, Johnson & Johnson Detangler, and ProStyle gel were my go-to products for my little slicked back ponytail.
Ugh, and then when I started flat ironing every day in college (in the olden days of 1999) I would use CURL WAX.
I USED CURL WAX TO FLATIRON MY HAIR.
This was before we knew about the Chi.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 4th November 2009, 3:37 pm

Pro-Style Gel (<-- OLD SCHOOL)...

Girrrrrrlllllll.
Every ponytail, every time, from about 1988 until 1997 I used that stuff.
I found a jar in my best friend's house (she's transitioning) and I tossed that stuff out so fast it wasn't even funny.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 4th November 2009, 3:43 pm

Every ponytail, every time, from about 1988 until 1997 I used that stuff.
I found a jar in my best friend's house (she's transitioning) and I tossed that stuff out so fast it wasn't even funny.

I found a HUGE thing of it in a random box when i moved... And this is when my hair was relaxed in a faux-hawk and I STILL threw it out! you woulda thought it had a disease the way i reacted when i found it! LOL

I used to think there was nothing in the world like PROSTYLE GEL!! lol...
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioness_Mane 4th November 2009, 3:47 pm

Olive Oil hair products
Pink oil
Pump it up
Ampro gel
Iso plus oil sheen
Throw back fave................ Motion Perm!!!

Lioness_Mane
Lioness_Mane

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 4th November 2009, 3:48 pm

you woulda thought it had a disease the way i reacted when i found it! LOL

It makes my skin crawl. I can't believe I put that stuff in my head!
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th November 2009, 3:50 pm

Oooh, let me add glovers mane to this list. I remember when I was relaxed the back part of my hair started falling out and this stylist I went to recommended it. That stuff seriously stinks and it didn't really do anything for my hair.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th November 2009, 4:05 pm

Anything ISOPLUS!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Run everybody Run!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next