CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

+54
NaturallyStarlet
makeupvixen
snappynappy
KiNkYnEsT
BreezyBaby
quincie1479
dalas1216
Fabulously Fluffy
NewRibena
NickkiBCurly
wavezncurlz
BajanPrincess82
Sunni J
veggiegirl314
rebelrocks
KreyolKatt
Notthecoolmom
Iomer
tamtam7
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
alove16
NubieNatty
truet
FierceNerd
loveself247
LuvMeLuvMyFro
D-Lish
splitsun
bella gee
cinnamoncurlz
d.denise
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
CurlySpeechTherapist
Pi*Jay
SheeTacular
Lioness_Mane
Courtie
Succinctlyso
CocaColaCutie
Mzbush
hayylee
NaturalNixon
*CurlyNikki*
oooop2
CurlyDoesIt...
krenea
natural83
Jonezy
Marche'
cutencurly
dajewel
Dricka
58 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now - Page 2 Empty Re: Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

Post by Pi*Jay 4th November 2009, 4:09 pm

Grease, Gel, and Spritz!!! AUGH!

My hair was shiny and wouldnt move when the wind blew... HA!
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now - Page 2 Empty Re: Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 4th November 2009, 6:33 pm

jam, vaseline, blue magic, any hair sprays, oil sheen, brown gel, pink oil moisturizer, ic leave-in conditioner, dep gel, motions shampoo, pantene pro-v shampoo and condish, etc., etc., etc.
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th November 2009, 7:05 pm

LOL!! I think I have used everything listed!!! I took hair care types from my relaxed friend...needless to say, NONE of them worked.

Add Moisture Max to this list. My friend begged me to use it, one day I did just to shut up her. Unfortunately we were going out to a party and my freshly pressed hair poofed up and broke my face out. She never recommended anything again.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th November 2009, 7:15 pm

Ya'll are bringing back memories from middle school and high school. Mine were definitely: Pink Oil Moisturizer, Blue Magic(any color), Jam, any kind of gel, and Pump It Up!

Pink Oil in particular dried my scalp out like crazy and made me burn my hair a number of times(before I knew what I was doing).
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 4th November 2009, 7:30 pm

I thought about this thread today as I was in the beauty supply store! Went in one of the aisle's and lo and behold, there was the Blue Magic that we all used to love! LOL! What I thought was interesting though is that they have Blue Magic coconut oil!!! Has anybody ever tried it??? Just thought I'd share that! But yes...blue magic is still in full effect! Not on me though....LOLOLOL!!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th November 2009, 9:00 pm

natural83 wrote:I thought about this thread today as I was in the beauty supply store! Went in one of the aisle's and lo and behold, there was the Blue Magic that we all used to love! LOL! What I thought was interesting though is that they have Blue Magic coconut oil!!! Has anybody ever tried it??? Just thought I'd share that! But yes...blue magic is still in full effect! Not on me though....LOLOLOL!!!!!

I saw that Blue Magic coconut oil, but the first few ingredients were like mineral oil and petroleum....so obviously that was a no go.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th November 2009, 9:03 pm

I actually did try the Blue Magic Coconut Oil back when I had a relaxer and no surprise...its almost as heavy as the other kinds. Needless to say its no longer under my sink.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 4th November 2009, 9:21 pm

after we stopped using pink oil moisturizer it was the MOISTURE MAX (blu and white bottle lol) I so need to get rid of all this junk under my cabinet. somebody come help!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 4th November 2009, 11:09 pm

RubyD wrote:My personal experience with those products left my hair dry and brittle...I have not used them since they have supposedly changed their ingredients to be more black hair friendly, but I have found other products that leave my hair feeling moisturized and soft--Hope that helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I told him...He says it's better now Very Happy
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by cinnamoncurlz 4th November 2009, 11:26 pm

How about TCB products with the brown top? Care free curl activator and Snap Back! Lol ok so I had a curl tee hee
cinnamoncurlz
cinnamoncurlz

http://cinnamoncurlz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 5th November 2009, 3:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I swore by this for years.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by bella gee 5th November 2009, 10:49 am

That blue Ultra Sheen grease my grandma used in my hair.[sidenotes: I have a friend who uses Blue Magic in her hair and believe it or not, she has some of the healthiest head of hair I've seen, she doesnt manipulate her hair a lot either so i'm sure that has a lot to do with it.]

Also my mom used to use Wild Root and TCB hair grease on me.

But she gets points because, she always used Creme of Nature Shampoo --so she was on the money with that!

And the most loathsome product I will never touch again is that Lusters Pink Oil....I swore by that stuff in high school Evil or Very Mad
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 5th November 2009, 10:57 am

All the main names were called already. Vaseline, Blue Magic, Dax and pink oil moisturizer. My mom still uses it on my sister's hair even when i try to tell her not.

And pink oil has an intense smell that I can not tolerate anymore.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 5th November 2009, 11:19 am

I can still smell that ultra sheen grease! lol, hair so greasy, I used to try to blot it with paper towels.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 5th November 2009, 1:22 pm

Vaseline and Sulfur 8....especially Sulfur 8. About 10 years ago my Momma slapped that grease on my head and told me it would make my hair grow strong and protected. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th November 2009, 1:37 pm

cinnamoncurlz wrote:How about TCB products with the brown top? Care free curl activator and Snap Back! Lol ok so I had a curl tee hee

I had a curl! and I was going to add that to this list I had the Lesiure and another one that I can't remember the name of. I know the hook to it was that you could "reverse" it.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th November 2009, 1:39 pm

Wait! The African Pride hair grease with the herbs in it to make your hair grow.

Last edited by LuvMeLuvMyFro on 5th November 2009, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th November 2009, 1:43 pm

Wrappin Tappin setting lotion and African Pride Super Grow

You guys remember that joint by Eryka Badu. "Back in the day when things was good,,,,,,,,,,,,,gimme some of that Ba ba ba ba ba ba da!

did I say it right yal...lol!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceNerd 5th November 2009, 4:17 pm

Pink Lotion
Black Gel
Spritz

Those were the only things my hair saw in school!
FierceNerd
FierceNerd

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th November 2009, 4:23 pm

We had every flavor in our house:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 5th November 2009, 4:27 pm

D-Lish wrote:Vaseline and Sulfur 8....especially Sulfur 8. About 10 years ago my Momma slapped that grease on my head and told me it would make my hair grow strong and protected. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

actually, i had a serious (fungus??) issue with the back of my hair about two years ago (explains why i have more hair on the top of my head than in the center left and center right and is a GOOD example of be careful whose beauty salon you go to). because of the CONSTANT scratching, i LOST ALMOST ALL OF MY HAIR IN THAT AREA. i didn't want to go to the dermatologist because they never helped me with my EXTREME ACNE. so, i was determined to use my expertise to deal with this by myself. sulfur 8 has sulfur, which is known to deal with serious skin issues. the best way to store sulfur in a product is in something as inert such as mineral oil because sulfur is pretty reactive when left to sit in air. this was the only product that i have found to help me(then again, i didn't try pure tea tree oil). i would only use sulfur 8 to treat scalp ailments. once the ailment is treated, quickly put this thing away!!!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th November 2009, 4:56 pm

I remember it was called NEW ERA! It was the top of the line. I could revert whenever I wanted to. Straight or juicy.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 5th November 2009, 5:10 pm

do gro
crow royal i no longer press my hair thank the lords above
and some green,yellow grease that came in a clear jar can not think of the name [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but i also use to use it to press my hair oh so many false promises
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th November 2009, 9:33 pm

black gel, lol, i used to slap it on and even made the ginuwine sideburns (i.e. the s curl-swirled), ewww yuck, and clear gel too. furthermore, why do people still swear by Pink lotion? let it go!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 5th November 2009, 9:43 pm

You ladies are bringing up soooo many old "shop memories." I forgot about the different color Softee and TCB. I bet my mom has some at her house STILL!

I forgot about beeswax and curling wax! I am sure I will want my hair styled at somepoint and may need to use A DAB... but not the slab that used to get thrown at my edges!!!

My hair was also longest when it was getting fried at least once a month and covered in grease. I don't know what it was, but I bet if I tried it now my hair would slap me and start breaking off, just cause I know better!
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next