CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time Henna and Feeling Nervous!

+2
lucky7
jamaicanmecurly
6 posters

Go down

First Time Henna and Feeling Nervous! Empty First Time Henna and Feeling Nervous!

Post by jamaicanmecurly 29th January 2010, 10:50 pm

As I type this, I have the henna on my hair. Although I'm doing henna for the health of my hair, added bonus that I'll get a translucent color to my hair as well and cover up some of those pesky grays!

I mixed my henna with green tea this morning around 11am and started to apply at about 8pm (i'm going to sleep overnight with it). I added a splash of ACV just to help with the dye release too.

Before applying, I added some honey and 2 drops of lavender EO.

Everything went as planned but I'm a little freaked out about the stain/color that was left on my gloves and white paper towels... I guess I expected it to be red or reddish and it was more greenish/brownish. Is that normal??? Is that what color/stain my gloves should have been?

Any help to ease my fear as I sit here with my head saran wrapped would be much appreciated!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

First Time Henna and Feeling Nervous! Empty Re: First Time Henna and Feeling Nervous!

Post by lucky7 30th January 2010, 12:52 am

Don't worry about the color of the henna on your gloves. It appears greenish brown but leaves a reddish tint your hair. I just did my first henna treatment yesterday and experienced the same concern with the color of the mix.
lucky7
lucky7

Back to top Go down

First Time Henna and Feeling Nervous! Empty Re: First Time Henna and Feeling Nervous!

Post by jamaicanmecurly 30th January 2010, 6:40 pm

@lucky7- I was so scared! haha... but it came out perfect! Thank you!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 30th January 2010, 8:22 pm

@jamicamecurly LMAO at you because I know exactly how you feel! The first time I did it I was like "is my hair going to be green?" LOL! But no, that is not the case! I know you are glad to have that first time over with! Now it will be a breeze from here on out!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana 30th January 2010, 8:58 pm

I prematurely gray. I henna treated my hair yesterday, and my grays turned red Wink It is pretty cool.
Alana
Alana

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st January 2010, 12:21 am

I also have premature gray hairs but its to be expected because of my parents. I also think the red hairs are kinda neat lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 31st January 2010, 1:05 am

tell me about it @natural83... and as scared as I was, what was I planning to do about it since the henna was already on my hair and saran wrapped!

I also premature gray and I was scared about how the grays would come out, but I love it!!!

I am definitely a henna convert. Smile
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by angelic7 3rd February 2010, 2:48 pm

I'm doing my first henna treatment right now, I prayed about it cause Lord knows I don't need no crazy looking hair. I'm sure it will turn out good..hope yours did too.
angelic7
angelic7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down