CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 7:47 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
FemmeFox wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW....I feel motavated after reading your workout regiment.

Do you have pictures of your coils? Maybe I should try that instead of twists. hummmm...

Have a blessed day!!!

KNH

I do have some pics on my phone that I have been to lazy to post *hiding from Sweet*. I will post them for you my dear. I usually do coils after I've done two strand twists but you don't have to. The reason I do this is that the hair is already separated and partially coiled so I don't have as much work to do. When I coil I just grab and twirl.I've tried comb coils but the comb just slid through my hair, I don't think I did it right. Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_tongue

I can't wait to see the pictures. I seen tutorials on coils, but I don't like the scalpy look! Should I try the coils on wet or dry hair?

KNH

I always style on damp hair because that's when Seffy is the most workable and accepts product the most. As for the scalpy look, fluffing helps or you can make them small-med sized. Ok I'm going to post the pics now!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Empty Coils

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 7:52 pm

I posted the pics for everyone but especially for KNH

The 2nd is a close up of the coils...it may be too close to really tell.

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Photo-15

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Photo-16

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Alien
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 7:57 pm

bholmes87 wrote:I haven't stopped by your thread in awhile and I'm still trying to get caught up!! But the pics from the meet-up are beautiful!! Everyone really looked awesome Smile
Your earrings were so cute too! And the "Thank God I'm natural shirt" is priceless and sooooo true afro

I know! Everyone looked so wonderful I just wanted to touch everyone's hair!!! As for the shirt I decided I am starting a natural girl tshirt collection. I already have one from Urban OUtfitters that says 'The Best Girls are Black' with a chick with a fro and hoop earrings on it. Now this one.There a bunch out there and I catch'em all (Pokemon! Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_monkey )
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th April 2010, 1:10 am

You look like you had a great time at your curly meet up.

I WISH I COULD GO TO A CURLY MEET UP Crying or Very sad
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th April 2010, 6:13 am

THANK YOU!!! Your coils are hot!!! You hair is really growing!!! So you did this on damp hair by hand!! (what products did you use...sorry if you posted and I missed that)

AWESOME! So once I get to playing around with really having curls I'm going to see if Penny will let me coil her up!!

Nice...very nice FemmeFox....You're the best!!!! I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th April 2010, 2:09 pm

Great close up picture of the coils! Looking real good, real good!

I picked up a couple of L'Oreal lipsticks yesterday. I hope they will give my cheeks a lift. They were orangey-coral.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th April 2010, 12:20 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:You look like you had a great time at your curly meet up.

I WISH I COULD GO TO A CURLY MEET UP Crying or Very sad

We had a wonderful time. Girl I know that there is probably a meet-up happening near you! Have you checked out the Meet-up Thread?

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:THANK YOU!!! Your coils are hot!!! You hair is really growing!!! So you did this on damp hair by hand!! (what products did you use...sorry if you posted and I missed that)

AWESOME! So once I get to playing around with really having curls I'm going to see if Penny will let me coil her up!!

Nice...very nice FemmeFox....You're the best!!!! I love you

Thanks KNH! This is what I used:

Co wash with Aussie Moist
DC'd with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditoner
Used Tshirt to absorb any excess water
Used SheaMoisture Argan Repairing Conditioner as a leave-in
Used coconut oil to seal
Used ecostyler to coil

My coils stayed defined but not stiff or crunchy and I experienced less frizz than usual.

HTH!!!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Great close up picture of the coils! Looking real good, real good!

I picked up a couple of L'Oreal lipsticks yesterday. I hope they will give my cheeks a lift. They were orangey-coral.

Thanks Chrs! Can't wait to some pics with the new lip colors!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 26th April 2010, 12:29 pm

Those coils really look FAB!
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Empty One week of raw, vegan eating!!!

Post by FemmeFox 26th April 2010, 12:44 pm

Happy Monday Ladies!

I hope that you all a wonderful weekend and that there was good weather where you were. It was beautiful here in the Bay Area and I took full advantage of it! Saturday my GF and I walked/hiked a trail by Ocean Beach in SF. It was a gorgeous day out and the trail was very active but not too crowded. We walked for about 40 min with a hard steep stairway in the middle (I made it about 3/4 of the way up before I got winded Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_surprised). Then enjoyed a healthy picnic of sushi, blueberries, assorted cauliflower, pita chips, and hummus. And of course lots and lots of water.

Yesterday we were up early to head to our local farmer's market to prep for our week of eating raw and vegan. Got some great organic fruits and veggies there. What they didn't have we grabbed from our local Food Max. For dinner I made an avocado salad with avocado, tomato, red onion, and cucumber drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice. I'm pretty excited to do this for a week and to see the results.

In hair news: I totally ignored Seffy this weekend. I know, I was bad! Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Suspect Saturday I spritzed with my moisture mix, threw on a wave cap, and then topped off with a head wrap. Same thing on Sunday. This morning I water washed and used my leave-in. When I got to work I noticed that some of my coils had come undone so I recoiled them and tightened some of the ones that were ready to unravel. I am now entering my fourth week of my personal challenge. I need to refresh my twists and show Seffy some love. What I'm thinking is that tonite I will prepoo with my Vatika oil mixed with olive oil during my workout (for extra heat), then cowash with my Aussie Moist, and use my Shea Moisture Leave-In. I'm going to make another batch of my moisture mix so I can use up the last of my BioInfusions Olive Oil leave-in. I also have some samples of the Komaza care Shea Butter Moisture Lotion so I may add that too. Then I'll use that, coconut oil, and ecostyler to refresh my coils.

Have great day everyone!

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Herz Seffy & Savannah
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th April 2010, 12:45 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Those coils really look FAB!

Thanks Tia! How did your cornrow challenge go?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th April 2010, 12:50 pm

It was good to see Seffy! The coils are looking good. I want to try coils again before my hair gets too long.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th April 2010, 12:57 pm

Your coils look great Femme Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_smile
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th April 2010, 12:58 pm

Wow. Those coils are stunning. How do you get them that close to your scalp? The one and only time I did them it was like a fro-coil. Fro at the scalp, coil on the length. Sad.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th April 2010, 1:33 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:Wow. Those coils are stunning. How do you get them that close to your scalp? The one and only time I did them it was like a fro-coil. Fro at the scalp, coil on the length. Sad.

How do you coil your hair? I use my hands instead of a comb. Combs just seem to slide right out maybe I'm just not sure how to anchor it. When I coil on fresh hair I start at the root and twirl from there down. Sometimes if I'm being lazy, or if I'm doing coils on hair that was previously twisted, Is start more in the middle and twist towards the roots then work on the ends. My ends always stay I do have to go back and tighten the roots.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th April 2010, 2:14 pm

WOW...everything you bought this weekend sound good and healthy!! I'm inspired to eat at least two salads this week!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_biggrin

Thanks for posting how you do your coils. I am still enjoying the simple life of curls, so I may try coils in June.

Hope you are enjoying your day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 27th April 2010, 1:49 pm

Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Today I just spritzed my hair with the remainder of my moisture mix. I was unable to complete any of my hair plans last night. After my workout, I made dinner, and was too tired to attempt any beautifying rituals. My eyebrows need some serious attention! Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_rolleyes (That's me looking that the tragedy that is my eyebrow situation right now lol). I will give myself some well deserved love and I WILL do it TONITE! Seffy is feeling a bit on the dry side so a cowash and a DC are definitely in order. My poor baby Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_redface .

In health and fitness news: so far my raw vegan/vegetarian diet is going well!!! Yesterday all I had was fruits and vegetables and I felt great. I was worried that I would be starving but I was fine. I did have cooked vegetables for dinner but it's allowed (spinach with garlic and olive oil and a baked sweet potato). I also went to the gym. I ended up burning about 2/3rds of the calories that I consumed yesterday!!! Very exciting stuff.

I'm off to see how you all are doing.

Cya!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 2:08 pm

Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_cool re: eating fruits and veggies and burning 2/3 of them off. You are doing it!

Yes, please treat Seffy right or she and the rest of us will come get you.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 27th April 2010, 2:50 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote: Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_cool re: eating fruits and veggies and burning 2/3 of them off. You are doing it!

Yes, please treat Seffy right or she and the rest of us will come get you.
Thanks for the support...and the reprimand! I'm going to love on my darling Seffy tonight.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th April 2010, 9:40 am

i like ur diet reggie, im gonna try to do the veggie thing but i gotta start off slow...maybe 2 days out the week n work on it from there. i looooove baked sweet potatoes and i want to try some sweet potatoe fries (oven baked of course)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th April 2010, 12:33 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i like ur diet reggie, im gonna try to do the veggie thing but i gotta start off slow...maybe 2 days out the week n work on it from there. i looooove baked sweet potatoes and i want to try some sweet potatoe fries (oven baked of course)

Thanks Nubie. This is a lifestyle change but I'm not ready to go completely vegetarian/ vegan yet. Once this week is over I am going to use this way of eating as the base for the rest of my diet. You can always use more vegetables in your life. I LOVE sweet potato fries. Have you found a good recipe? If so please share!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th April 2010, 12:38 pm

i found a recipe on sparkspeople.com; basically u cut the potatoe like fries and baked them with a sprinkle of evoo and add any kind of seasoning like lemon pepper, paprika or garlic salt. im dyin to try it. for now i like the baked potatoe and instead of using sugar i sweeten it with some honey. mmmmm mmm good.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th April 2010, 1:21 pm

Good morning Curlistas!

Happy Hump Day!!!! As promised I spent some quality time with Seffy last
nite. I cowashed with Aussie Moist and DC'd overnite with Jessicurl
Weekly Deep Conditioner. This morning I rinsed with warm water, then
cool. I used a tshirt to absorb the excess moisture then used my Shea
Moisture Leave-in and topped with coconut oil.

Seffy was so happy! She puffed up at the roots and a good deal of my
coils were still intact. Since I didn't have time to recoil before I
left for work, i pulled a page out of Nubie's book, grabbed my moisture
mix bottle (BioInfusion Olive Oil Leave-in, EVOO, Komaza Care Shea Hair Lotion) and headed to work. Once I got here I added warm filtered water to the bottle and shook. I sprayed Seffy liberally concentrating on my edges and went out to my desk. So now I am slowly coiling my hair at the front desk. Since my hair is mostly coiled already it just looks like I'm playing in my hair!!! Hahaha! I kinda love it. Of course the front desk is swamped today so I'll take some more time at lunch to really give Seffy a good onceover.

Happy Nappy Ladies!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 13 Icon_rr
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th April 2010, 4:10 pm

I can see you at the desk twirling unbeknownst to others really coiling Seffy. How fun! I am glad you pampered her. Sounds like she loved it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th April 2010, 6:04 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I can see you at the desk twirling unbeknownst to others really coiling Seffy. How fun! I am glad you pampered her. Sounds like she loved it.

Yeah she is SO MUCH HAPPIER!!! Because I am at my desk and I can't spritz that much (bathroom breaks only) I am basically coiling on damp/dry hair. Plus: I know that product is being absorbed. Seffy is fluffy and cottony soft. Minus: I am coiling blindly and am coming across some coils that are trying to loc!!!! If I was at home I would just saturate the offenders and gently detangle then coil, since I can't do that I am separating as gently as possible and recoil.

Next week begins the wash n go phase of my challenge. I think I will definitely have to detangle/comb Seffy this Sunday when I style. My hair is pretty low maintenance but she will loc up at the drop of a hat!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 9:55 pm

Hey you!!

LOL @ doing your hair at your desk! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next