CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workout Schedule

+25
Karyn
Gado-Gado Gal
missmjcarter
dyamonds10
FloridaSunshiny
urbrightside
Britt
PyreFli42
cutephantasm
naturalhonney
NikG20
Lynnieluve
FemmeFox
CocaColaCutie
cocoachanel
adiaha
Abisco
KinkySheaPT
TerraD
CurlyQ1307
NaturalNixon
ChrsLvsBks
traveljunkie08
LuvMeLuvMyFro
tiashaunteƩ
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Workout Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Workout Schedule

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 8:23 pm

naturalhonney wrote:@Lynnieluv~ I am a cardio junkie as well!!! Love the treadmill always on incline!! Tryin to get up to 4miles an hr!!

You can do it. Put your speed on 4 mph....that's a 15 minute per mile.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th January 2010, 8:35 pm

Thanks Lynnieluve will do!!1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 9:57 pm

I am going to try to get there with you naturalhonney. I do about 10 minutes at 3.6 MPH at a 60% incline then 10 minutes at 3.7-3.8 MPH at a 10% incline then another 8 minutes at 3.6 MPH at 60%. I burn about 250 calories in 35 minutes (warm up for 3 minutes and cool down for 4 minutes).

Do you think it is best to go faster at a lower incline or slower at a higher incline?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 10:00 pm

The higher the incline the more calories you burn. I start my incline on 6 and work my way up to 12 @ 4.0 mph
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 27th January 2010, 12:11 am

@LynnieLuv~ That is what I use to do got to get back there but yes it's definitely a calorie burner. I participated in the Discovery Health Body Challenge one year and I was on cardio overload. I believe I put in 6 days a wk 2-3 hrs per day 2hrs on the treadmill alone I was running then at 6.0 I would run/walk the first hr then run the next hr. I was the sh^&* couldn't tell me nothing! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But I don't run anymore besides its bad for the knees your just wearing the cartilage down!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 12:18 am

I'm scared to run too. My mom explained it to me best....she said take your weight and double or triple it.....that's how much weight you are putting on your knees when you run.

I am okay with speed walking...LOL!

I have a love/hate relationship with working out so I cant see myself at the gym for 2-3 hrs. I am so very proud of myself though. I've been working out for 9 months now. The longest I've ever worked out in my life. I dont plan to ever stop again.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 27th January 2010, 12:33 am

If you keep at it you won't stop bceause your body will crave it that is why I was in the gym so much, I mean I had a goal to reach for the challange but if I wanted to skip a day my body would crave it like it was a drug and I would have to go.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 27th January 2010, 3:50 am

What is your workout schedule? I try to go 2-3x a week....(most of the time I dont go at all sometimes for weeks though =( ) When I do go, this is my routine

What do you do to workout? I always start with cardio and then pick one to three other body parts to work as well
30-45 min cardio (bike, elliptical, doesnt matter...I hate the treadmill and just need to get my heart rate up!) I sometimes do it longer if I'm in the mood (rare! lol I have a short attention span and get bored easily)
Glutes - 3 sets 15 reps either squats, or the machine
Abs - traditional crunches usually...sometimes the machine but I really dont need it
Arms - Bicep curls with the weight bars
Triceps - weight bars
Lower back - dont know the name of the exercise, but I do work my lower back cuz it is pretty weak!

I usually do 3 sets of 15 reps of any of the exercises...I'm naturally really toned so I don't have to do too much or else I will end up looking like Venus/Serena williams! I ALWAYS do cardio when I go to the gym....sometimes if I dont have time, I will go and JUST do cardio. I try to keep my heart rate at 180+ by alternating the level of dificulty. I allow at least 1-2 days in between working each body part before I work it again

Any other tips or info that you would like to share? EAT HEALTHY! That is the most important thing to getting fit!! (I dont just mean skinny, I mean fit!) And also do cardio...get that heart rate elevated! Also, try to make it fun, if u dont like going to the gym sign up for yoga, or a dance class, or SOMETHING that will keep u motivated to move!! Gyms with some eye candy doesnt hurt either....lol

I try to rest in between, but honestly if I just feel like doing cardio one day, I will put on music and dance at home, or go to the gym...I try to go whenever I feel motivated as well as when I don't feel motivated!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 28th January 2010, 12:43 am

I'm a full time grad student and single mom, so I'm busy but I have some flexibility during the day. I try get in about an hour, 3-4x/week, usually some time between 9am and 3 or 4 pm depending on my day. I always do at least 30 mins on the elliptical with high resistance and increasing incline, and then I make my rounds on the weights.

Honestly, when I was working full-time I almost never worked out. I just didn't have the availability, as a single mom working full time with no support (family, friends) within an hour's drive.

Towards the end (before I left for grad school), I started dropping her off a little earlier at before-school care and going for a 15-20 min high intensity run in the morning 2 or 3 times a week, and then going on hikes or some other long, but lower impact/intensity activity on the weekend. It was really hard to stay motivated to do the weekday part and I felt super guilty about dropping her off early, but it was just a temporary fix since I was leaving.
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th January 2010, 2:26 am

PyreFli42, dont feel bad dropping your daughter off early. You have to find time for yourself and workout is helping you, it is also helping her. The healthier we are physically, mentally, spiritually, etc.....the better parents we will be. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know you are an awesome mom!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 28th January 2010, 9:36 am

Lynnieluve wrote:PyreFli42, dont feel bad dropping your daughter off early. You have to find time for yourself and workout is helping you, it is also helping her. The healthier we are physically, mentally, spiritually, etc.....the better parents we will be. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know you are an awesome mom!!

awwwww thanks!!!! What you say is very true--it is important to take care of yourself, and it benefits your kids in many ways too!
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 10th February 2010, 1:21 am

My full body workout for tomorrow!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Britt 24th June 2010, 4:19 pm

God bless you all who go to the gym or work out so often. I honestly don't know how you make the time when you have children and a hubby to tend to.I jsut started working out in late March, and I sometimes go to the gym or will exercise at home after work. If I go out after work and come home I don't really have the time or energy to exercise. I have JM 30 day shred, and I am really going to make much more of an effort to exercise at home - this dvd is about 30 min long, I can't do much more than that unless it's a pilates dvd or something. I go to the gym for their step aerobics class sometimes. Or sometimes I'll hit the elliptical for the 30 min and the treadmill for 30 min... within this hr I try to burn about 500 calories.

Britt

Back to top Go down

Post by urbrightside 24th June 2010, 6:13 pm

1. i workout mon-friday for one whole hour early in the a.m.

2. i run/jog and i pause every now and then to do lunges. i also work on my arms by doing pushups and working with some free weights on my off days (sat & sun)

3. stretch! before and after. and work on ur breathing, dont want to pass out while ur getting fit , lol

tiashauntee wrote:I am trying (again) to motivate myself to start a workout regimen. I am so out of shape that it's sad. My biggest problem is getting into a routine that fits into my already busy schedule.

1 What is your workout schedule?
2 What do you do to workout?
3 Any other tips or info that you would like to share?
urbrightside
urbrightside

http://twitter.com/urbrightside

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 2nd August 2010, 9:54 pm

I change my workouts monthly to avoid getting so bored! For August, I plan to walk my pooch for 4 miles every morning at 6am. I the evenings, I'm doing TurboFire from Beachbody. I started TF last month and I absolutely LOVE it. It's high impact cardio that I do in my apartment (there are no excuses to not do it!).

I'm also watching what I eat. I prepare lots of recipes from Hungry Girl.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 5th August 2010, 1:24 pm

I do zumba 2x a week, run 1-2x a week, crunches everyday atleast 250 each day
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by missmjcarter 23rd August 2010, 2:19 pm

Wow I am trully impressed by everyones determination. I have vowed to start working out this week. I plan to work out 3 x times a week on my my eliptical machine and do pilates from my video on opposite days thanks for the boost ladies.
missmjcarter
missmjcarter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 7th September 2010, 4:55 am

What is your workout schedule?
I exercise 4-6 days per week, first thing in the morning. I used to think midday or the afternoon was the best time for my body to work out, but I always ended up putting it off in favor of some other activity (even studying). If I exercise first thing in the morning, there is almost nothing in my way except true fatigue or lack of motivation. In the morning it's easier to know when I'm making excuses, hence I've been better able to stick to my schedule when exercising at this time.

Also, I now work from home, so I've had to impose a schedule on myself, whereas when I worked in an office, work started when I arrived and ended when I left. Now I have to be more disciplined since there are infinite distractions. I also used to ride my bike to the office or school, which was a great 25-minute cardio workout twice a day, 5 days a week! Now my commute is from my bed to my desk in the next room, so I have to build my exercise into my day, whereas before it was part of my commute (exercise without having to think about it).

What do you do to workout?
At least 3 times per week I do a toning/strength/body-sculpting/resistance-training routine. I like to use Tracy Anderson Method, Jillian Michaels, or other strength training DVDs (I would use Jane Fonda's Original Workout if it was on DVD), or do a series of abs, legs and butt, arms, back and shoulders exercises with weights. Recently I've been using either the Tracy Anderson Method Mat Workout (not much time spent on the mat, but a solid workout for me) or the Tracy Anderson Method Post-Pregnancy Workout because they provide different exercises for toning (I don't have children yet, but this workout is more challenging than the Mat workout, and has some great and different abdominal exercises). I tend to do the Mat workout more often since I can do all the exercises (1-2 times a week), and switch to the Post-Pregnancy workout when I want an extra challenge or to just target my abs (once or twice a week). If I don't use DVDs, I put together my own set of exercises from magazine clippings I've saved from Self, Shape or Marie Claire.

I also do cardio exercise 4-5 times per week. I love dance cardio DVDs, like the Zumba workout DVDs, but also go for long walks; skip rope while watching the news or morning shows; or go salsa dancing with my fiance.

I also do yoga, but less regularly. I don't think of this as exercise, although it really is great for both my body and my mind. Iyengar is my preferred style, and I used to attend classes regularly when I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since I've moved away, I have yet to find a class I can attend regularly and an instructor I really like. In the meantime, I do restorative Iyengar yoga poses as needed, using The Woman's Book of Yoga & Health by Linda Sparrowe and Patricia Walden as a guide.

Any other tips or info that you would like to share?
My tip would be to DIY. Try to take on a do-it-yourself attitude. I think you can interpret this in a couple of ways.

I don't like gyms - sometimes its the smell, sometimes it's the people, but I never like paying for it. Why pay to go to a place I don't enjoy spending time in, when I can be outdoors or at home for free? The machines? They don't impress me. And what if I became stranded on a deserted island? I'd still be able to do my workout, only having to improvise the hand weights and jump-rope. So, know that you don't have to rely upon a gym or fancy equipment to help you get in shape. Just do it yourself. You can do all the same exercises, including strength training, on your own. This way, if you are ever stranded on an island or locked in a room with nothing but the clothes on your back, you will still be able to exercise. Fewer dependencies means fewer excuses. There are lots of great books and web sites (such as LiveStrong.com and Shape's Virtual Trainer) that you can access for free online or at the library to build up a repertoire of exercises and a routine that you like and works for you.

The other way to take the DIY tip is in the rest of your life. My family is not a family of athletes or exercise freaks (except for a cousin who was a professional football player, and a few in the armed services). Despite my family not being big exercisers, obesity is not a family issue. Not one family member has an obesity-related health issue. What we do have in common (on both sides) is a do-it-yourself attitude. We move. We carry our own bags and move our own furniture. We walk or ride bikes instead of drive. We take the stairs. We use a whisk instead of an electric mixer. We sweep instead of vacuuming. We garden. We only pay people to fix the car (not to clean the house or paint the walls), and even then, only when the engine has to be lifted out. We play soccer and tennis and golf. We dance. We have very few convenience or electronic machines. Are we really improving our lives by having machines and other people doing all our physical activity for us? Every bit of physical activity counts, so by doing more things yourself, you're using your muscles and working your body throughout the day without having to call it exercise or pay for the privilege.

Last edited by Gado-Gado Gal on 17th September 2010, 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 12th September 2010, 4:30 pm

well...i just started working out (on thursday actually. yay, go me!!! hahaha), but hopefully, we (i have to go with my mom everytime. oh well) will go MWF as well as saturday and sunday. the gym is literally around the corner from me, so that's awesome.

i've just been doing cardio (bike/treadmill) for now for 35 mins (i'm increasing that number by five mins everyday until i feel comfortable enough to do an hour haha). i hardly burn any calories though...is it cause i'm not that big? (120lbs) soon, i'll start with weights, but i'll have to ease my way into it cause those machines scare me silent
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 13th September 2010, 8:19 pm

I (now) workout 2-5 days/week. Overall, regular workouts make me a happier, more well rounded person. I usually do 30 mins of cardio each time (usually the treadmill, I just discovered I LOVE to run) When on the treadmill I usually opt for the highest speed I can handle (7.0) for as long as I can handle it, and then switch down to about 4-4.5 (power walking) to rest for about 30seconds-1 minute. I just monitor my heart rate and make sure it doesnt go below 170 (if it does, I stop powerwalking and run again)

After I run, a stretch for a few minutes and then work on 2-3 bodyparts (usually for me its abs, butt, & back ) I make sure to challenge myself by alternating workouts and adding weight when the workout seems too "easy"

I work a lot, so working out for me is time to myself with no distractions, and is almost like meditating!

I am not trying to lose weight (I dont want to lose ANY) just stay in overall good shape and have a healthy heart..I eat small meals about 6x a day and find that helps me to maintain my weight. If you feel you are losing too much weight, you should eat healthy foods that are higher in calories. Also, keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so if your naturally pretty thin, you should be gaining weight from working out, not losing weight (thats what happens to me!)

Last edited by cutephantasm on 13th September 2010, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 13th September 2010, 8:21 pm

Karyn wrote:well...i just started working out (on thursday actually. yay, go me!!! hahaha), but hopefully, we (i have to go with my mom everytime. oh well) will go MWF as well as saturday and sunday. the gym is literally around the corner from me, so that's awesome.

i've just been doing cardio (bike/treadmill) for now for 35 mins (i'm increasing that number by five mins everyday until i feel comfortable enough to do an hour haha). i hardly burn any calories though...is it cause i'm not that big? (120lbs) soon, i'll start with weights, but i'll have to ease my way into it cause those machines scare me silent

If you are hardly burning any calories, your workout may be too easy...you should monitor your heart rate when you do cardio to see if you are really challenging yourself
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th September 2010, 8:52 pm

I've started running too (about 2 or 3 months now) and I love it. I plan to run a 5k next month. I ran 2.25 miles yesterday without any walking in between and I was about to pass out. LOL!!! I am doing couch to 5k. I have to learn to pace myself.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 14th September 2010, 5:53 am

Hey ladies,
Well, I have never been skinny, and dont want to be, im a Uk Size 12, which I think is a US 10 maybe which going by what you read in the Magazines makes me Obesse lol!
But im happy, I have boobs, little waist and bum - i like it! But i dont like the excess around it!
I had fertility treatment and gained a stone and a half so about 19lbs to you guys in the US, i have lost about 7lbs or so, but am stuck at a grinding holt!
I did military style PT which including Boxing/Sparring, Running, lots of weights etc which was fab, then went it alone again (I have always exercised mostly on, occassionally off!).
Now I tend to work out 5times a week, 4 times in a bad week - bad day 400 cals of burned off through Cardio, good, about 600cals.
I do 20mins cross trainer, high level, then either 20mins on the bike or treadmil, i do random on the bike on a high level and cross trainer high incline, level 9-10incline and continuously up my walk pace - its actually a killer! I cant run much as had shin splints, managed 10mins the other day and then they hurt.
I do sit ups of all kinds, about 100-200 a workout, squats with a 6kg kettle ball, weighted sit ups and also various arm weights too.
Im going to start body balance again soon, and I also do 2 Spinning classes a week, one for 30mins and one for 45mins, and then do my weights after.
I eat healthy, so i think i am just prone to a little more weight, my BMI was good and my muscle mass was high so im not carrying as much fat as i see i guess! And my heart should be healthy, but still packing pounds gained through fertility treatment, but im just gonna keep going and keep getting healthy!
If you wish to see me lol, on my profile i have a link to my FB page which you will see recent pics and also some around April/May time at my biggest - Ouch!
Lots of love.
Hope this helps? x
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 14th September 2010, 12:14 pm

Do you ladies have any tips on workouts for those of us who aren't trying to lose weight but want to tone up? I'd just love to see more definition in my arms, legs, and stomach. My stomach is back to pre-baby size but I have that small dreaded pooch beneath my belly button. Most say they don't see what I'm talking about but I see it lol. Anyway, any workout routine suggestions curlies?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 14th September 2010, 12:29 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Do you ladies have any tips on workouts for those of us who aren't trying to lose weight but want to tone up? I'd just love to see more definition in my arms, legs, and stomach. My stomach is back to pre-baby size but I have that small dreaded pooch beneath my belly button. Most say they don't see what I'm talking about but I see it lol. Anyway, any workout routine suggestions curlies?

Hey,
I would suggest more weight based training for toning and slightly less CV, or when you do CV, dont do really light stuff, make it high intensity, so you tone more, I foind spinning classes toned my legs rather than shrank them too!
Squats, Lunges, Sit up, press ups etc are all things you can do at home, then thow in some stair climbing perhaps, or brisk walk around the block - whilst running is said to help weight loss, it also tones me up too!

Good luck xx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next